The issues IMO with the mechanics and gameplay of the GBA FE Games

Fates-Blade

1 minute ago, Integrity said:

fuck yeah brother easy modes in story-based games are the shit

Oh I dont mind challenging myself either, but I can admit I'm really not that great at FE. So, easy mode is a way to learn and make my way up for harder challenges, nothing is wrong with that, in my opinion. I would consider that good game design.

Edited by lightcosmo

i'm a shithead who starts every game one difficulty below maximum level and quickly ramps up, i don't mind challenge either

easy modes are good

16 hours ago, Integrity said:

you're taking things that Do Not Appeal to you and are presenting them as flaws with the system when they literally are not

it's the same deal with those losers who lobby against accessibility or easy modes being added to games like dark souls or whatever have you; i think most of the fire emblems, up to the lunatics and even including in some cases, are easy as fuck to get through, but this is by far not the majority experience and these games shouldn't be designed with me in mind

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer to play casually, i'm one of them. Not everyone is into difficult games, I think that's the point that's trying to be made.

Also, I don't think using the developers as your example is a good idea, as their balancing skills are pretty sub-par.

"When they are literally not" you're saying what's right or wrong for a video game when it's relative?

People experience things differently, you can't say what's good and what's not for the world only for you and people you know.

And how can you say that when even the creators have changed or fixed some of the things I've mentioned in later FE games? (like removing the text speed options altogether, item uses being removed, base class max stats varying, 30 as the Def and Res cap being changed, terrain bonuses being nerfed etc.), which means even the creators think they're flaws, even if they didn't do a good job fixing them the point is they do think they're flaws.

"these games shouldn't be designed with me in mind" I don't see why not, also there are a lot of people that wish the games were more difficult. And I know there are a lot of people that want to play casually, me included sometimes, playing the game on easy or playing on hard should be up to the player, with at least those two difficulty selections there's something for everyone, I say this because if FE is always easy, how will players ever grow and become better players? I became much better at playing FE because of FE Fates Conquest, I wouldn't make the GBA games that difficult though that's just an example.

Edited by Fates-Blade

6 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

"When they are literally not" you're saying what's right or wrong for a video game when it's relative?

People experience things differently, you can't say what's good and what's not for the world only for you and people you know.

And how can you say "When they are literally not" when even the creators have changed or fixed some of the things I've mentioned.

"these games shouldn't be designed with me in mind" I don't see why not, also their are a lot of people that wish the games were more difficult.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer to play casually, i'm one of them. Not everyone is into difficult games, I think that's the point that's trying to be made.

Also, I don't think using the developers as your example is a good idea, as their balancing skills are pretty sub-par.

17 hours ago, Integrity said:

i'm a shithead who starts every game one difficulty below maximum level and quickly ramps up, i don't mind challenge either

easy modes are good

I usually play the games going from normal to the hardest, I like to get a good feel of how the game plays before slamming myself into a brick wall

• 1 month later...

Sup longtime lurker since around Radiant Dawn came out. 

Play the game at the difficulty your comfortable with  Fire Emblem is one of the few games ill actually play the hardest difficulty on meanwhile ill play doom/doom eternal on baby mode because that's whats enjoyable to me 

I don't want to agree with Blade because a lot of his idea's are absurd but i also believe some of them have some merit I think Iron and Steel Weapons could have a durability decrease or a price increase (not both) 

I think game text speed is fine overall but could be faster (I actually don't think speed is the issue i think it has something to do with how text is loaded or something?) 

I also think giving bows extra range or putting ballistas on more maps would actually make people want to use them I for one would like to not feel like Rebecca is not a burden on my team and make Florina less of a no brainer pick

Edited by BoneTfohX

I respect the fact that you took the time to turn this into a patch.  Whether or not I have time for it is another matter, but I'll try to squeeze this into my schedule somehow!