Question about bexp distribution with Mist, Jill and Marcia

I would like to have 2 healers on my team and I know that mists mounted healing is extremely useful, so I wondering if I should sacrifice all 800 of my Bexp in order to be able to give her a master seal and get her functioning, or should I beef up other units who need it like Jill and Marcia? I really don’t plan on using master seals on anyone but mist and Rhys as I just don’t find it wise for stats, but I have several units who could really use the Bexp but at the same time I have just the right amount to make my mist fully functioning as a mounted healing unit

I hope the first healer is "Soren with staves".

Mist means that you're either going to have to play on the slower side, or sacrifice one of Marcia/Jill.  Trust me when I say that you will have no problems completing the game without those ladies.

I mean if you're on hard difficulty Jill should be able to catch up on her own if you baby her a little bit. Marcia will need the bexp though. You could try a 50/50 split of 4 levels between each one. That way Mist will be closer to promotion and she requires less overall time, since you can get her around 2 levels per chapter probably if you're playing a bit slowly and healing a lot, while Marcia won't fall behind others. I mean the best healer in the game is probably soren, but that isn't because he can heal but rather he has insane combat and is an actual reliable dodge tank but it's good to have multiple units to rely on.

If you're on Maniac then good luck trying to split the exp between the three of them since Jill will struggle there.

For healers weapon rank is generally way more important than stats. The mount is very nice, but being able to use Physic at C is like a pseudo mount. By giving BEXP to Mist you're essentially tying up stats on her that other units could have used to snowball. Jill and Marcia especially make great use of extra levels, so investing in them seems much better. If your Mist already has some staff EXP there isn't really a point to putting BEXP into her, just keep spamming heal and she'll get to lvl 10 eventually.

If you haven't used her at all yet it might be worth considering, only if you feel like you really need a good staff user right away for some reason, since the promotion gives her a staff rank C. The opportunity cost is still huge though, so it really doesn't seem worth it still. For the long term I'd say just field her and let her get EXP and weapon rank that way, if you wanna use her. If you're playing slower Ilyana and Soren also get a staff rank at promotion, which can be quite useful.

Also, since some people have brought it up, Soren does also have some staff utility as a Sage later in the game. He only gets rank E at promotion though, which means your powerful Sage is now relegated to being a staff bot until he's gone through an entire Heal staff to raise his weapon level. That's a lot of turns of not attacking with your promoted unit, when base level Mist or Rhys could do the exact same job. Rhys even starts with staff rank D. Not to mention you get someone with staff rank A in the late game. Sages only get the option of healing about halfway through the game and only become really good at in the last ten chapters or so, if you focus on them. Yeah it's cool to have a combat unit that can throw out a Physic or a Sleep, but there is also quite a bit of investment behind it, so I wouldn't really call Soren (or Ilyana) the best healer in the game. Not to mention the fact that they both have three other weapon ranks that they can train.

Edited by Classic