Pairings you like but you feel is underrated?

No flame wars please, I just want your reasons for liking a ship that doesn’t receive much attention

I have a few examples

Mark x Lyn: It’s honestly nice seeing Lyn interact with the OG avatar and her bond with him is nice

Erk x Nino: Erk gives Nino some appreciation and it feels more genuine than Jaffar x Nino tbh

Rebecca x Sain: Sain actually tries to restrain himself and is willing to only pick Rebecca, I don’t think we see this with any other girl in his supports

Flora x Corrin: Corrin forgiving Flora before the supports, him telling her to not be so focused as a servant to him and that he wants them to be friends, add a mixture of her being adorable and you get a favorite of mine

Genny x Ike: I saw a crack ship idea that actually makes this ship sound like canon

Gonzales x Lilina: Everyone likes to ship Lilina with Roy, but her support with Gonzales is just pure preciousness

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stahl x Tharja is hilarious and also it's just really precious how devoted Stahl is to her. He doesn't treat her like she's weird, and seeing her react to his upbeat manner made me laugh.

Jakob x Azura is really cute with how overwhelmed Jakob gets, but I don't see many people pair them. A shame!

Draug x Norne is just sweet with a big, bulky guy and his tiny girlfriend. Wish I could find anything of those two.

Marth x Kris is just my personal favorite ship, it's my two favorite characters together  and Marth's lines about Kris being his other half just really cemented my love for the pairing. Everytime I see them interact I just wish I could pair them romantically.

16 minutes ago, Lightningdawn said:

Stahl x Tharja is hilarious and also it's just really precious how devoted Stahl is to her. He doesn't treat her like she's weird, and seeing her react to his upbeat manner made me laugh.

Jakob x Azura is really cute with how overwhelmed Jakob gets, but I don't see many people pair them. A shame!

Draug x Norne is just sweet with a big, bulky guy and his tiny girlfriend. Wish I could find anything of those two.

Marth x Kris is just my personal favorite ship, it's my two favorite characters together  and Marth's lines about Kris being his other half just really cemented my love for the pairing. Everytime I see them interact I just wish I could pair them romantically.

A FAN OF KRIS OMG I THOUGHT YOU WAS AN EXTINCT SPECIES

I actually ship an even more underrated ship than Draug x Norne that involves the loveable Red Archery Girl

Kris x Norne

Edited by AvatarofDiscord
I'm stupid to forget a word

13 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I actually ship an even more underrated ship than Draug x Norne that involves the loveable Red Archery Girl

Kris x Norne

Not extinct! ...But probably one of the last of my kind.

Kris x Norne is pretty good, I like it alright, but it's never clicked with me as strongly as Draug x Norne. I do find Kris and Norne knowing each other from childhood adorable though

27 minutes ago, Lightningdawn said:

They should do it more often.  Jakob's a lot less abrasive than usual in his support with Azura.

Anyway. . .I think it's a tragedy that Serra x Lucius never got a paired ending.  Serra's surprisingly tolerable in that A support!

16 minutes ago, Lightningdawn said:

Not extinct! ...But probably one of the last of my kind.

Kris x Norne is pretty good, I like it alright, but it's never clicked with me as strongly as Draug x Norne. I do find Kris and Norne knowing each other from childhood adorable though

I can assure you that you are not that last of your kind, I actually like Kris and his support with Katarina (I love all the avatars tbh)

Kind of wish they would get into Heroes by now

Virion x Literally Anybody. Virion is a really well written character (especially by Awakening standards) and I love almost all of his supports. The chemistry with him and Cherche is really nice, his support with Tharja is just good fun, his support with Robin had a nice theme to it, etc. Virion doesn't get enough love. 

But personally, I'm a really big fan of Odin/Selena in Conquest. It shows (A) that Odin actually does have a degree of magical power, (B) they're still traumatized and affected by the events of Awakening, and (C) they genuinely care for eachother despite their bickering. It makes Ophelia less-than-a-godslayer, but you have to actively try to make Ophelia bad. 

A less explicitly romantic (but come one, let's be real) pairing I liked a lot was Dedue/Dimitri. Their paired ending hit me hard, and I could see it so viscerally. It was very bittersweet.  

Astram x Midia - Archanea doesn't have a lot of popular pairings, but I think this couple is definitely underrated, even for Archanea standards.

Ced x Tine - He really inspires confidence in her and goes with her personal shrinking violet arc she had going on in FE4.

Fir x Noah - I thought it was cute. Noah in general is overlooked as a unit, partly due to how good Alan, Lance, and Perceval are.

Guy x Priscilla - yes I know they have a sad ending but I genuinely enjoyed their romance.

Calill x Largo - I really like their dynamic. They don't get married, but they have an arrangement where they both raise their adopted daughter Amy. It's a more "modern" relationship and I think it's refreshing to see. Love doesn't have to necessarily follow a traditional pattern, even for a straight couple.

I'd second Virion x anyone because his supports are generally good and he's actually a good father stats and inheritance-wise believe it or not. He's the Naoise of Awakening.

Hilda x Ignatz - Ok, here me out. They're both creative people, but both of their art mediums deal with the concept of beauty. I really like how Ignatz sees Hilda as his muse, given how much he talks about making a beautiful goddess painting. Plus, they're two of the only students that don't want to be enrolled at Garreg Mach initially. Neither one of them wanted to be trained in the art of warfare at all and felt pressured by their families to do it. I'll spoiler tag the details about their ending, but let's just say the outcome will make them feel very satisfied. 

Spoiler

Imo, Hilda will be her happiest if you allow her to open the arts academy in Fodlan. She's a free spirit for the most part, but accessory making and fashion is something she's actually passionate about and I think her arts academy ending allows her to pursue her passion freely. Ignatz goes well with this because he's also an artsy person, and he helps Hilda with her academy by being a professor there as well. Out of all of Hilda's potential husbands, he's the only one stated to help instruct students as well. I think this ending goes well with his thing- which is inspire an art movement in Fodlan. Historically, most art movements began when a group of artists are inspired by a common theme or motif. What's a good place to gather artists for a movement? An arts school. Their ending just makes sense to me.

Plus Iggy is short and needs a short girl.

Ross x Lute: I can’t be the only one who wanted these two together, I can picture the “Sir Son-Of-The-Warrior-Garcia-Ross” running off into trouble and his wife Lute shaking her head while tagging along after him to clean up the mess. I did disliked the fact the Ross’s only romance option is Amelia, while Lute get Artur and Forde.

Oscar x Sigrun/ Boyd x Tanith/ Rolf x Marcia: Like I really wanted the green bros to shack up with the holy knight trio. Honestly, Oscar and Sigrun would probably have the happiest and most chilled house in the world. Boyd and Tanith are both passionate, and hard workers so I could easily see them as trainers/captains. Rolf and Marcia share some nice and sweet supports, thou they never turn romantic(I think Marcia didn’t want to be a cradle robber).  After RD I think Rolf would be old enough for Marcia and he definitely would be a good shoulder to lean on for Marcia after she deals with her brother  

8 hours ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Kris x Norne

Well why do you think it's an underrated pair? Because it's extremely forced and tacked on. Not once does Norne ever mention having a village friend not even in descriptions (just her and Draug) until Kris conveniently becomes an avatar. Katarina is also simply superior for a character like Kris than Norne, her personal arc revolves around Kris.

Edited by Seazas

Marianne x Claude - I know some people ship this, but they are just so cute together, and their supports just make me want to cry over the fact that:

1. Both of them were hated because of their bloodline(wish we learned what house Mari actually comes from IS)

2. Both don't really open up about their past

And don't even get me started on their ending it kind of reminds me of Weathering With You's ending were Hodaka and Hina were reunited after all these years. In this story I plan on writing for the 3H route where everyone survives(Even Rhea). When Claude leaves for Almyra to be king, Marianne asks him to promise that he'll come back to her, and he gives her a ring so that he'll always remember her.

Tailtiu x Azel - there are no words that can explain why this ship is so amazing.

Also Kellam x Panne 

Edited by PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld

Is this only canon pairings? Or can it can it also include non-canon pairings for characters that don't really have a canon pairing?

Canon Pairings:

• Cordelia x Robin: I see a lot of people gush about Stahl and Cordelia, but to me, Robin x Cordelia is the best of Cordelia's pairings. It explores an aspect of her character that's completely overlooked in every other support and is the first thing we learn about her in her story introduction: her being the last of the Ylisse Pegasus Knights. It also explores why she hates being called a genius, and it has Robin help her process her grief over her fallen sisters-in-arms. It's a very sweet set of supports, and it helps that Robin and Cordelia complement each other personality-wise. It's honestly one of the best pairings in Awakening.
  • Stahl x Panne: I just find this one extremely hilarious and adorable. It goes from Stahl trying to make a meal Panne would enjoy, to him trying a Taguel meal so spicy it can burn a person's hands and, upon hearing that, he accidentally gets some of the juice in his eyes. Even Stahl trying to explain his proposal is absolutely hilarious. 

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Oscar x Sigrun/ Boyd x Tanith/ Rolf x Marcia: Like I really wanted the green bros to shack up with the holy knight trio. Honestly, Oscar and Sigrun would probably have the happiest and most chilled house in the world. Boyd and Tanith are both passionate, and hard workers so I could easily see them as trainers/captains. Rolf and Marcia share some nice and sweet supports, thou they never turn romantic(I think Marcia didn’t want to be a cradle robber).  After RD I think Rolf would be old enough for Marcia and he definitely would be a good shoulder to lean on for Marcia after she deals with her brother  

I'm surprised you suggested Oscar x Sigrun, since Oscar and Tanith have some really sweet support conversations in Path of Radiance. 

39 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm personally a Rhys x Mia person.  There's just something I find incredibly amusing about the idea of Mia looking for her white-clad archrival and finding her lover instead.

I completely agree. It helps that they're extremely sweet in their supports, and I can just see what a hilarious paired ending they could've gotten: Mia travelled the continent in search of worthy opponents. She never worried, for her husband was always able to patch her up whenever she returned home. Rhys, on the other hand...

Azelle X Tailtiu is pretty underrated since most Fire Emblem players likely don't even know the pairing exist. That said it does seem to have some prominence in the players that do know about Jugdral. Its a very nice pairing. A bit cliche in that the shy nerd realizes his true crush was his cheerful best friend all along but its cute. 

Tormod x Sanaki is so underrated that IS itself didn't even realize what a good idea it was. The two are perfect for each other. They are both brats but in different ways that are sure to clash, they are roughly the same age and they share the same dream. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Azelle X Tailtiu is pretty underrated since most Fire Emblem players likely don't even know the pairing exist. That said it does seem to have some prominence in the players that do know about Jugdral. Its a very nice pairing. A bit cliche in that the shy nerd realizes his true crush was his cheerful best friend all along but its cute. 

Really, i told it was one of the most common ones. It's just that the Lewyn crack pairing is popular for purely gameplay purposes.

Azelle x Tailtiu and Ares x Lene are some of my favorite FE4 pairings. I'm a huge sucker for childhood friend romance, so Azelle x Tailtiu checks that off, and I also really like that Ares, despite his grudge against Seliph for his father Sigurd being responsible for his father Eldigan's death (at least until Nanna tells him that this isn't the case), is willing to put it aside if it means protecting the one person he cares about in his life, in this case Lene.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Cordelia x Robin: I see a lot of people gush about Stahl and Cordelia, but to me, Robin x Cordelia is the best of Cordelia's pairings. It explores an aspect of her character that's completely overlooked in every other support and is the first thing we learn about her in her story introduction: her being the last of the Ylisse Pegasus Knights. It also explores why she hates being called a genius, and it has Robin help her process her grief over her fallen sisters-in-arms. It's a very sweet set of supports, and it helps that Robin and Cordelia complement each other personality-wise. It's honestly one of the best pairings in Awakening.

I see you're a fellow Robin x Cordelia shipper, I approve 🙂

I'm surprised you suggested Oscar x Sigrun, since Oscar and Tanith have some really sweet support conversations in Path of Radiance.

Oh, they do but you never get to see how Oscar and Sigrun would interact with one another since RD had bad support style. Personally wise I think they would be great for each other.

That is coupled by the fact the Tanith is Oscar’s only female support in PoR.

Edited by ciphertul

Cordelia x Robin: I see a lot of people gush about Stahl and Cordelia, but to me, Robin x Cordelia is the best of Cordelia's pairings. It explores an aspect of her character that's completely overlooked in every other support and is the first thing we learn about her in her story introduction: her being the last of the Ylisse Pegasus Knights. It also explores why she hates being called a genius, and it has Robin help her process her grief over her fallen sisters-in-arms. It's a very sweet set of supports, and it helps that Robin and Cordelia complement each other personality-wise. It's honestly one of the best pairings in Awakening.

24 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I see you're a fellow Robin x Cordelia shipper, I approve

RobinxCordelia gang!!! For real though I absolutely love this pairing because not only is it just a good pair for Cordelia but also because of how the family interacts at large. It makes Severa a far more interesting character because it amplifies her inferiority complex three fold which makes her general abrasiveness much more understandable. Also Morgan’s copy and paste sibling convos makes the most sense in this scenario at least to me. Also this pairing acts as a great foil to ChromxSumia which adds more depth to the relationship of Chrom and Robin and Makes the relationship between Lucina and Severa reflect the relationship of their fathers. I just love this pairing so so much.

Rolf and Mist-It'll be underrated until it's in the RD remake, if/when we get one.

Aran and Laura- Pretty sure this should be canon, but it's not? (They did win the RD ship tournament!)

Ike and Oliver

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Rolf and Mist-It'll be underrated until it's in the RD remake, if/when we get one.

Aran and Laura- Pretty sure this should be canon, but it's not? (They did win the RD ship tournament!)

Ike and Oliver

Rolf and Mist is also underrated. I'm still mad that they can't marry each other in RD X(

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

RobinxCordelia gang!!! For real though I absolutely love this pairing because not only is it just a good pair for Cordelia but also because of how the family interacts at large. It makes Severa a far more interesting character because it amplifies her inferiority complex three fold which makes her general abrasiveness much more understandable. Also Morgan’s copy and paste sibling convos makes the most sense in this scenario at least to me. Also this pairing acts as a great foil to ChromxSumia which adds more depth to the relationship of Chrom and Robin and Makes the relationship between Lucina and Severa reflect the relationship of their fathers. I just love this pairing so so much.

Yeah, pretty much

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

RobinxCordelia gang!!!

I disagree, but I’ll bite my tongue. I do however have to say those two(Robin x Cordelia) really don’t seem underrated as It really appears that most people ship them... I for on say Robin x Emm that’s underrated!

Edited by ciphertul

Robin x Emmeryn--It's just too cute and so heartwarming!

Arthur x Mozu--Arthur wants to help Mozu with farming, so he gets them more than they bargained for in the best possible way, and Arthur's misfortunes end up bringing them happiness and it's beautiful. The pairing also gives, in my opinion, the best overall Percy.

Kaze x Beruka--(Honestly, you could pair pretty much anyone with Kaze) 

Elise x Ryoma

Silque x Kliff