Pairings you like but you feel is underrated?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

As someone who really hates this ship with passion, i explain it with...

Lin being a creep in his C&B support with Lys (and with Flayn as well). It creeped me the hell out. While i eventually grew to like Lin a bit more during the game, him ending with Lys i see as a punishment for Lys, even if she lives longer.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My sentiments exactly.
Except for the liking Linhardt part. Him being mandatory in the Ashen Wolves DLC has contributed somewhat to my decision to skip it.

I wouldn't describe Linhardt as a creep; not even in the C-Supports where he's at his worst (out of his supports with Lysithea and Flayn). He's a smart guy who's not very good at social interaction; even with friends like Caspar, and this is especially so when he lets his curiosity and thirst for knowledge get the better of him. It's obvious that he means well, and is just too caught up in his research to notice his behaviour.

That said, by his B-Support, he usually understands where he went wrong and tries to make amends in his own way. This is true for his supports with Lysithea, Flayn and especially Marianne. He's not a bad guy. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of Three Houses, I find it very interesting how many Byleth ships barely get talked about, especially in comparison to Corrin or Robin around the time Fates and Awakening released respectively. There is a slight bias for Byleth x Lysithea, perhaps (understandably, since that S-support and ending is so good), but I haven't seen much discussion for the others, like Byleth x Annette (best S-support alongside Lysithea's, their Crimson Flower ending is adorable; I wish it was their ending on all routes, but alas) and Byleth x Flayn (also a very cute ending on the routes on which this is possible, also an equal parts funny and heartwarming S-support).

Also the ships with female Byleth that I have yet to do, though I did see some discussion for Byleth x Dimitri.

Byleth and Lysithea is touching, but there's a big problem with it that you're overlooking: how did Byleth figure out a way to remove Lysithea's Crests? Linhardt and Hanneman are Crest Scholars/researchers, while Edelgard uses stolen Agarthan tech and Claude... I don't know; someone tell me how he does it, as I haven't seen their paired ending. I have seen Byleth and Lysithea's paired ending, though, and there's just no explanation. Right at the start of their S-Support, it's just, "That's it; you are healed because I am protagonist." 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Byleth and Lysithea is touching, but there's a big problem with it that you're overlooking: how did Byleth figure out a way to remove Lysithea's Crests? Linhardt and Hanneman are Crest Scholars/researchers, while Edelgard uses stolen Agarthan tech and Claude... I don't know; someone tell me how he does it, as I haven't seen their paired ending. I have seen Byleth and Lysithea's paired ending, though, and there's just no explanation. Right at the start of their S-Support, it's just, "That's it; you are healed because I am protagonist." 

Spoiler

At least in CF all the crest stop working meaning the burden of having two is removed restoring her lifespan, contrived yes, I haven’t don’t the other ones yet so I don’t know either 

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

He's not a bad guy. 

I never said he is, and as i said, i grew to like him, but some of his ships just creep me out (especially the Lys and Flayn ones. And no, not even the B or A supports are good there. Flayn A-support in particular had me wanting to punch him). 

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

how did Byleth figure out a way to remove Lysithea's Crests?

There're alot of methods. For example: Sothis power, Help of Hanneman and Linhardt, etc.

It's not like the characters will never meet each other again after the game.

6 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Claude... I don't know; someone tell me how he does it, as I haven't seen their paired ending.

He gives up his claim to the throne to search for a cure for her, and succeeds.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I never said he is, and as i said, i grew to like him, but some of his ships just creep me out (especially the Lys and Flayn ones. And no, not even the B or A supports are good there. Flayn A-support in particular had me wanting to punch him). 

Really; even his and Lys' B and A-Supports, which are basically his two attempts to make amends with her in his own way?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There're a lot of methods. For example: Sothis power, Help of Hanneman and Linhardt, etc.

Yes, but there's no statement of what was done; it makes it come out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

He gives up his claim to the throne to search for a cure for her, and succeeds.

Thanks. Funny; I figured it would be using raided TWSITD tech like Edelgard, given that his route involves fighting them directly. 

On 3/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, vanguard333 said:

Yes, but there's no statement of what was done; it makes it come out of nowhere.

The point is that the methods exist whether or not she was paired. Which is why I'm not too keen on the pairing because of the survival argument. It feels like cheating when Lysithea's life is being held hostage behind a certain pairing(s) despite that multiple people could cure her, including one outcome that doesn't involve marriage.

8 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

The point is that the methods exist whether or not she was paired. Which is why I'm not too keen on the pairing because of the survival argument. It feels like cheating when Lysithea's life is being held hostage behind a certain pairing(s) despite that multiple people could cure her, including one outcome that doesn't involve marriage.

I suppose. 

Funny enough, I just remembered another reason why I like Linhardt x Lysithea: it's one of Linhardt's three paired endings where he has kids, the other two being Petra and Flayn. 

Three ships come to mind for me:

1.) Henry X Lissa

I absolutely love their supports and while I haven't recruited Owain yet, I've heard that Henry's a great father to Owain in their supports.

2.) Lon'qu X Florina

I know that they're from two separate games that are most likely not even within the same time frame, but I just love the concept behind this pairing. The guy who's too scared to talk to most girls and the girl who's too scared to talk to most guys. What's not to love?

3.) Gregor X Nowi

This is probably gonna piss a few people off, so please let me explain:

No, I'm not a pedophile. I think that pedophilia is absolutely disgusting and that shipping an adult with a child is disgusting.

However, the thing is that I don't consider this ship to be pedophilia. Nowi's older than Ninian, and yet Ninian ironically enough looks older and more mature. In fact, she even has a child later in the game, so it wouldn't be too far off to assume that she herself isn't a child, but just simply looks like one. 

With that out of the way, here's why I like the ship in the first place: I just really think their dynamic is cute: an overprotective gentle giant and a girl who acts like a child, but can be more mature when she wants to be(as shown by their S support).

Other than that, the real reason I maxed out their support almost immediately was because of just how devastating they both are when paired together. Not only does Gregor deal a ton of damage, but from my experience whenever Gregor got attacked by someone(no matter their range), Nowi would just annihilate them with a countering fireball.

-

I'm also not sure if this counts, but since depending on which side of the fandom you see it's either absolutely loved or absolutely hated, I guess I'll also add Chrom X Sumia. Sure, most of their support was kinda dumb, but their post-chapter 11 scene was amazing and I still loved their C support(really makes me wish we got more supports like that one)

I just thought of one more:

Stahl x Panne: I only ever seem to see people pair up Stahl with Cordelia. It's a decent pairing I suppose, but I don't think it's the best for either of them. I like Stahl and Panne because their interactions are both oddly sweet, and downright hilarious. Stahl trying to make a meal Panne would eat, Stahl trying to eat an extremely spicy fruit Taguel eat before getting some the juice in his eyes, it's all extremely funny. 

I'm pretty fond of Fembeth and Caspar. 

Its a nice contrast between two opposite. Byleth is the petite girl who doesn't talk a lot while Caspar is the big loudmouth who towers over her. The idea of Caspar starting out as a shrimp before dwarfing her is a nice though. 

And they just have a really cute S support with both being supposed to scream ''I'll love you forever!!!'' and Caspar whining when he finds out Byleth didn't do it. 

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I'm an odd sort. Usually I tend to accept "canon" pairings that have a bunch of official material. So usually I'm pretty basic actually.

It's also been a long time since I thought much on the support side of the series outside 3 Houses and I'm after forgetting which pairs I considered better. So one for now:, I think Brady and Lucina is a surprisingly good pair that nobody mentions. 

On 2/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, starburst said:

😎

If I recruit Nina, she always joins early (around Chapter 12.) And when Elise is the mama, I prefer an immediate re-class into Dark Mage and then Sorcerer, because of the specific growths and caps, and because I find tomes more versatile than the Shining Bow.

That reminds me, I tend to get most of the children early, largely because certain kids' paralogues are massive dicks the moment the enemies promote (I'm looking at you, Shiro, Selkie, and Ignatius!! Granted, some of those are Birthright units, but still...). I'll pass on having a Berserker heavy map, especially when the "reward", if I can even call it that, doesn't even come close to compensating for the added difficulty.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, Dandy Druid said:

You get her as early as Chapter 12? Impressive. I usually try to wait until after Chapter 19 so I can use the offspring seals. I know people like pairing Elise with Odin because of how great Ophelia turns out, but something has to be said for Elise!Nina.

I also agree with your support decision. Niles isn't pervy in that support which is a relief considering who he's talking to.

Yeah, I find it nice that Niles is generally well--behaved around her, as opposed to with just about anyone else.

On topic, Felicia/Odin. For how popular Elise/Odin is, I'm not sure it's THAT much better gameplay wise...

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I'm an odd sort. Usually I tend to accept "canon" pairings that have a bunch of official material. So usually I'm pretty basic actually.

I wouldn't say accepting canon is any more odd than shipping to your own preferences, if it floats your boat then it floats your boat. I also tend to leave them alone unless I find something seriously wrong or disturbing with them (which I generally don't).

2 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I wouldn't say accepting canon is any more odd than shipping to your own preferences, if it floats your boat then it floats your boat. I also tend to leave them alone unless I find something seriously wrong or disturbing with them (which I generally don't).

I mean, for plenty of others I'm sure it is.

I was also using it as a point for why I had so few fitting opinions.

I'm going to list the pairings I'm going with for my Golden Deer playthrough, and can someone tell my if any of them are unpopular:

Byleth x Marianne: I like this for two reasons: Marianne's growth through the supports, and that they're a bit of Birds of a Feather: they both struggle with expressing themselves and interacting with others. It's very sweet. 

Claude x Hilda: I'm going to guess that this one's rather common. 

Lorenz x Leonie: They come from opposite ends of the alliance in terms of class, and they both help each other grow. It goes from mild bickering to mutually very supportive, and it's fantastic. 

Linhardt x Lysithea again. 

Edited by vanguard333

On 3/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, vanguard333 said:

I'm going to list the pairings I'm going with for my Golden Deer playthrough, and can someone tell my if any of them are unpopular:

Byleth x Marianne: I like this for two reasons: Marianne's growth through the supports, and that they're a bit of Birds of a Feather: they both struggle with expressing themselves and interacting with others. It's very sweet. 

Claude x Hilda: I'm going to guess that this one's rather common. 

Lorenz x Leonie: They come from opposite ends of the alliance in terms of class, and they both help each other grow. It goes from mild bickering to mutually very supportive, and it's fantastic. 

Linhardt x Lysithea again. 

Those are all really popular pairings, from what I've seen.

Leonie X Seteth.

Boy do those two mix well. One of the few supports where Seteth doesn't have to use his teacher/dad personality, as Leonie is already a (mostly) well-adjusted individual. It's a support that truly feels like two equals just hanging out, especially in Seteth's case. Even their ending reflects that. They know where they stand with each other and are okay not being together until they've managed to calm down Fodlan in their respective ways.

In all my time going through the internet since Three Houses released, reading up on everyone's opinions about the story and characters, I think I've seen maybe one person comment on this pairing. Why do people never talk about it? Is it because it's "boring"? Maybe nothing stands out, but that's a testament to their respective characters, and not poor writing.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Those are all really popular pairings, from what I've seen.

Of course. Never mind then. 

4 hours ago, Slyfox said:

Leonie X Seteth.

Boy do those two mix well. One of the few supports where Seteth doesn't have to use his teacher/dad personality, as Leonie is already a (mostly) well-adjusted individual. It's a support that truly feels like two equals just hanging out, especially in Seteth's case. Even their ending reflects that. They know where they stand with each other and are okay not being together until they've managed to calm down Fodlan in their respective ways.

In all my time going through the internet since Three Houses released, reading up on everyone's opinions about the story and characters, I think I've seen maybe one person comment on this pairing. Why do people never talk about it? Is it because it's "boring"? Maybe nothing stands out, but that's a testament to their respective characters, and not poor writing.

So far, I've seen their C and B support conversations, and they weren't boring at all; they were rather nice: Leonie talks about her past outside of Jeralt, Seteth talks about his past and his late wife... and that's probably one reason I wouldn't pair them: the reminder that Seteth is a widower. Sure, (spoilers)

Spoiler

Her death was literally thousands of years ago, but to this day, he fishes to relax because it reminds him of her. 

Not to mention, it would have to be weird for Flayn, having a former classmate as your mother-in-law.

13 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Of course. Never mind then. 

So far, I've seen their C and B support conversations, and they weren't boring at all; they were rather nice: Leonie talks about her past outside of Jeralt, Seteth talks about his past and his late wife... and that's probably one reason I wouldn't pair them: the reminder that Seteth is a widower. Sure, (spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Her death was literally thousands of years ago, but to this day, he fishes to relax because it reminds him of her. 

Not to mention, it would have to be weird for Flayn, having a former classmate as your mother-in-law.

Spoiler

That's not necessarily a sign that someone hasn't moved on. A relative of mine lost two wives to cancer and we were all just as fond as them as we are his third.

As far as Flayn goes, regarding Seteth being a couple with Leonie, I don't think she'd mind, knowing what she's like.  Would it be weird for us in a similar situation? Absolutely.

Edited by Slyfox

2 minutes ago, Slyfox said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's not necessarily a sign that someone hasn't moved on. A relative of mine lost two wives to cancer and we were all just as fond as them as we are his third.

As far as Flayn goes, regarding Seteth being a couple with Leonie, I don't think she'd mind, knowing what she's like.  Would it be weird for us in a similar situation? Absolutely.

True. Now that I think about it, Flayn probably wouldn't find it weird, but Leonie probably would be weirded out when Flayn innocently points it out. Either way, someone's going to find it weird. 

• 3 weeks later...

Eliwood x Fiora Their backstory of the being from different social classes and defy the class system together, raise a son that expand their ideals by uniting people of different species like dragons is more interesting than helpless damsel in distress marrying a nobleman. Honestly I don't understand why this is not more popular.

Eliwood x Lyn I know that Hector is considered the more interesting and hotter lord but Eliwood with Lyn is a completly fine, cute ship. The fact that I'm not fond of Ninian as a character and don't like her as Roy's mother ( it doesn't make much sense) helps me liking Lyn better. 

Arden x Edain (and everyone) Arden needs all the love of the world and I find him particularly great with Edain even if my first thought was to pair them because he was among the few that can pass bows to her son. Edain having a lot of guys interested on her and choosing Arden is hilarious but heartwarming at the same time  

Chrom x Sully: She has the best conversation with him of all his love interests. She is the only pair that don't make Chrom utterly stupid and here says someone that despise childhood friends romances. Not that he has many interesting romances but she is definitely his better written love interest. I also think she would make a better queen than Olivia, Sumia and maybe Robin. 

Roy x Cecilia, Sophia, Sue : Honestly way more interesting than Roy x Lilina which is another concept of extremely boring and cliche pairing. Roy marrying Sophia particularly seal the concept of Binding Blade story. Roy x Cecilia is particularlt an amusing but also great ship because they learn with each other. 

Leo x Charlotte I find their conversation way better than Xander x Charlotte and she seems more genuinely smitten with Leo than Corrin, both who are are her most popular ships . I think it's not the most popular becaus to she produces a weker Forrest.

Azura x Keaton, Kaden or Arthur I used to find her boring but she is quite nice when interacting or marrying the funny extroverted characters, they bring the best side of her. 

Eirika X Saleh: He is the best love interest for her. He guides her to self instropection  to became a wiser person.  I think he is the only one that completely cares for Eirika as a person instead of for what she represents.  I never did Forde X Erika though so I can be wrong. 

Byleth x Ferdinand is particularly adorable and their S rank is hilarious. He is a good boy  

Byleth x Shamir less underrated than the ship above but I see few content of them. 

Honestly there's a lot of interesting ships that are underrated because they aren't lord x Avatar or is some ship in which one character isn't shoved in your face. 

Fir and Noah-they're cute together and I wish they had a paired ending.

But nobody uses Noah so nobody's seen their supports.

Lucina and Laurent their supports are so cute and I really like their paired ending but I don't see that much stuff about them

Lorenz and Marianne I know a lot of people don't really like Lorenz all that much (Including me) but their supports are just Lorenz wanting to make Marianne happy because she has such a pretty smile and honestly who doesn't wanna see Marianne happy. 

One support I always make sure I have done in FE8 is Forde X Eirika.

It's like, the one support where Eirika is seen genuinely having fun and joking, while Forde's will to fight is reborn through her. It does kinda undermine the fact that Forde is fighting for the world and kinda makes it seem like he's now only in it for Eirika, but nonetheless I just find that it's a really cute ship. Plus both Eirika and Forde are some of my favorite characters in FE8, which helps. Eirika X Saleh is also sorta interesting because it's not something you see coming and it does expose an interesting side of Saleh, but I feel like Eirika X Seth is somewhat cliched, and Eirika X Innes, well, my favorite Innes pairing if I do pair him is X Vanessa. So yeah, Fordika all the way.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:14 PM, EchoTheGecko said:

Lucina and Laurent their supports are so cute and I really like their paired ending but I don't see that much stuff about them

Lorenz and Marianne I know a lot of people don't really like Lorenz all that much (Including me) but their supports are just Lorenz wanting to make Marianne happy because she has such a pretty smile and honestly who doesn't wanna see Marianne happy. 

Oh, nice, those are my favorite pairings for those respective characters too!

Lucina and Laurent mesh well together as people, and Lorenz and Marianne's supports melt my heart and I'm not even a fan of the those two (I don't dislike them, they just are close to the bottom of my Three Houses character tier list - I'm talking about personal preference in this instance, not objective character quality).