Grand Hero Battle - Heath: Wandering Knight

Diovani Bressan

This was actually kinda difficult. I was not expecting reinforcements since I feel like most recent GHBs haven't had them.

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas

I'm so excited that Heath is finally here and what better way to greet him than to bring in his support partners for this? There's only 3 support partners of his in the game right now so I wanted to use Nils as the 4th unit for this too since the chapter that Heath joins in is one where you have to defend Nils from getting hurt (probably the reason they made Heath a GHB for this banner now that I think about it) but I didn't get him so his majesty Zephiel, that he's sworn to protect, will do just fine. It gives me a good excuse to finally use Zeph and boy is he a tank. Also, get show off Starfish Leagault for once. Starfish only activates on one enemy but it's the one enemy that would've been hard to get around if we didn't have it's built in desperation.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@Maaka Close call vs Heath, but still a win.

@NegativeExponents- Nice theme team. I haven't seen many people invest in Legault.

@Alexmender @mcsilas @Landmaster @LordFrigid @Zeo

Basic stuff. Decided to bust out Eirika, the new Picnic Felicia I got from the anniversary banner, and threw in Fjorm.

@Maaka That's a great one-turn clear video. Doing great as always, even though this map is not challenging at all.

@Nowi's Husband Nice! I video with Nowi is always a good thing.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That was a fun clear to watch. The girls protection the fort's entrance so the enemy cannot enter it. Nicely done!

@LordFrigid Great one-turn video! Leif and Double Caeda for the win!

I did a video as well... I didn't plan to share it, but here it is:

Nothing much different than the normal... Just Nowi staying in place while foes walk to their deaths.

@mampfoid @daisy jane @Landmaster @DarkAlf @mcsilas @BoaFerox

@NegativeExponents- Zephiel will do "just fine"? His majesty frankly, rocked this clear. His supreme tanking across all colors and the unbelievably satisfying healing mid combat made for an easy MVP allocation. Desperation/Vantage Legault was pretty boss as well and the ladies supported them well. Really fun clear here. Shoutouts to KOF music also!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Simple but fun. Eirika's antics gave me shades of @Alexmender's clears and Picnic Felicia, despite her saturated and intimidating class pool, is actually pretty powerful so it was fun to see her wreck a bit of shop herself. Music jarred me a bit initially, but it turned out to be pretty fitting with how trivial the battle ended up being.

@LordFrigid WELP. That about sums up this clear. Two freaking Caedas and a L!Leif. Just unfair.

@Diovani Bressan Nice work. Nowi is an oldie but holds up well today despite being a launch unit. Cool seeing her clear this map out with no healing. Wonder what type of Prf she'll get in the coming months.

@DLNarshen @mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster @Rezzy @Anacybele @Cute Chao @Usana @Quintessence @Dayni @Baldrick @daisy jane @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Sunwoo @Hilda @Nanima @Ginko

So I've got a backlog of clears both of others to watch and my own to upload. I'm probably going to be done with this once again once I've finally caught up, but this one took priority so I went ahead and uploaded as soon as I can.

With Leila and Nils both dropping in the game at the same time and falling into my lap just as suddenly, a clear with them had to happen. Heath's map isn't that impressive, even with the reinforcements but it was good enough to showcase them. Leila paired with Matt right away (RIP Inigo, they'll reunite in the near future) and we get a glimpse of the pair's synergy. Leila's hyper offenses and Matthew's supreme EP tanking ability.

Clear is pretty simple stuff. Leila needed Flashing Blade (if you can believe it) for I think one kill and that's about it. The two of them are lethal together and will definitely show up again before I'm done. Not too much to say, watch em work.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

Good job, Zeo! Nice to see those two in action, it is. 🙂

I myself cleared this fairly easily with my horses. Since Hrid got a few more merges last time he was on a legendary banner, this team's gotten stronger! Having made Reinhardt +10 helped too. I wouldn't mind merging up legendary Ephraim more as well, but I have other priorities, unfortunately. But these three and Freddy still clear a lot of tough maps for me when I don't feel like using my Ikes, Peony, and NY Alfonse + Sharena!

Edited by Anacybele

@Zeo This was a great clear! I didn't see Leila in action before, so it's pretty cool to see the swaps between her and Matthew (too bad Link Skills don't work with her swap ability). Great job!

About Nowi, I wish for a prf weapon soon... I hope for a prf Lighting Breath: 16 might, Distant Counter and no Cooldown Penalty... a simple DC weapon. Her special refinement/ I don't care... I just want DC on her weapon, so I can remove Distant Counter from her A slot and use another skill there, which I believe will be Fort Def/Res.

@Zeo Leila is so coool! Must... resist... summoning. It's awesome how she's such a great team mate for Matthew as well!

@Diovani Bressan Seeing your video got me wondering if Ross could do the same, and as it turns out, yes he can (despite the Axebreaker mage). It worked using Ursula and Micaiah like you did, and it let him survive with more HP, but I mixed it up for some variety and to make it more dramatic.

So here's a one turn clear of this where Ross destroys everyone:

I also did a theme clear using Tokyo Mirage Sessions units! They are pretty fun to use as a team.

@DarkAlf @daisy jane @Landmaster @mcsilas @TEKWRX @mampfoid

@BoaFerox Whew! Ross barely scraped by here! Amazing work and no healing! You better believe I'm jealous of that +10 SS Ross. The TMS Clear was fun as well. Those are characters are just so unlike anybody else in Heroes. It was jarring seeing them initially but they're pretty refreshing.

Edited by Zeo

Sorry I’m late, I have been without a laptop for days and I’m just trying to catch up on everything

Loli clear, as usual~

Don’t think we really needed anything, this was pretty fun. Been waiting forever for some good reinforcements

@Maaka - Finally I get to meet your Bartre~ Though Leif did most of the work~ Is Batre actually going to be used on Anima?

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Your team didn’t end up taking much damage other than Eirika, and even then,, she fought off all her opponents without much problem. Felica worked pretty well, +Res is great for her. And S!Ishtar is always fun to use

@LordFrigid- Why does everyone have L!Leif, where is my L!Leif?~ WOM on him is actually pretty wild. Looks like all content in the game can be solved as long as you have 2 +10 Caedas.

@Diovani Bressan - I’m disappointed naked Ursula didn’t do anything. But End Turn with Now is my favorite tactic anyway~

@Zeo - I like this team, this is a nice team. Nice to see Leila’s dagger in action. She basically gets to attack anyone for free~ That swapping nonsense is pretty amusing. And good Sothis, her Atk is wild~

@BoaFerox - Oh hey, it’s Super Saiyan Ross. Oh, we’re taking 0 damage from Red units, Ross is quite fair and balanced~ Why is he so fast?. Also Japanese Virion’s voice coming from Eleanora scared the hell out of me~

I was going to flame you so hard if you didn’t use the animu music, I am proud~ Doga is kinda disgusting, 9 damage from an effective hit? Wildt~ She and Itsuki did most of the work but Tsubasa is a beast, too~ Why are these units so good?~ And where's your Kiria?

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear! I always want to finally build Eirika whenever I see her destroy stuff like this.

@Diovani Bressan You and that monster Nowi... I should really use mine a bit more often. Nice job!

@Landmaster Yay lolis! That archer going for dagger Elise instead of wasting the miracle on staff Elise was pretty interesting. Great job as usual! As far as Bartre goes, I just threw an anima blessing on him so he could kill stuff during anima weeks in AA, although I might put him in my defense instead of Ike sometime and see how he does. He certainly fits on an infantry pulse team.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thanks. Legault is someone I've wanted to build forever and even had all his fodder ready but wanted to wait on a good nature to show up before starting so didn't start using him until recently. Haven't seen that many either but recently bumped in to a pretty cool cloud maiougi one and now I'm tempted to give mine one of those summer festival weapons too because built in hardy bearing + effectiveness is a lot more useful than I imagined.

That was a cool Eirika. I feel bad for neglecting mine everytime I see one completely own the whole map. Good clear.

@Zeo lol I didn't mean to downplay Zeph's contributions here. Just saying he wasn't my first choice when picking out someone to fill the last slot, doubly so since he had absolutely nothing and I had to grind out his level, sp, use the last of my stones, and give him inheritance but fortunately he ended up being perfect for this. I even want to invest in him proper now that I've seen what he's capable of a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶O̶G̶ ̶J̶a̶k̶o̶b̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶i̶b̶u̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶a̶h̶h̶h̶h̶h̶h̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶

That's some hot swapping action you've got going on there. Thought you were gonna finish off Heath a whole turn sooner but I see Nils lacked the WoM for that. I've said before how Leila & Matt are very much made for each other but actually seeing them in action like that further cements that idea. So great that they were made to work in tandem like that.

@Zeo You sure didn't waste any time with this one!  Leila and Matthew's synergy is every bit effective I thought it would be.  I especially the positioning towards the end to ensure Matt would take out Heath on the counter.  Do you think a one-turn clear might be doable with this team/set-up?

@NegativeExponents- @Landmaster I know I'm being greedy here but the thing about Leila and Matt is that no one in their right mind would run two colorless daggers on the same team besides me. I wish Gen 1 units could get a BST increase. Leila has a full 18 more BST than Matthew. Just imagining what I could do with that BST.... pumping it across his stats for something like  +3 ATK, +4 SPD, +8 DEF and +3 RES (For a spread of 28 ATK, 38 SPD, 38 DEF and 21 RES). Or we could have a lot of fun and dump 10 points into DEF and 9 points into RES for 40/27 which would be 44/31 at +10 and with Rogue Dagger buffs and Dragonflowers.... 52 DEF and 39 RES.... guess a man can dream.

What are the chances of a Resplendent Matthew?... I think that would crack open my wallet faster than Lyn herself at this point.

@DLNarshen Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could have used Leila to kill the firesweep sword and then just swap with Matt and have him attack the green archer instead of the lance cav. He probably could have just nuked everyone on the first EP after that. But I wanted to showcase Leila's talents and have some fun with her bae partner. We all already know what Matt's capable of doing on his own at this point~

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Completely disagree. If you're gonna double down on colors than colorless is THE color to do it with. I myself frequently go as far to triple down on it as long as their synergy with each other. E.g. Legault spd ties with my summer Ursula so I run them together with valentines Silque for an 3 easy stat boosts no matter where they are and they can easily avoid sudden panic thanks to not having to stick together. Legault also easily enables scallop blade on units who don't receive a chill from my dancer a̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶"̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶"̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶. And Leila is the best dagger in town with her firesweep dagger so she is a unit worth doubling down for imo.

With Heroes record, I feel like even if they bumped up gen 1 bst they would just do it equally across the board instead of tailoring stat boosts for specific units but I'll take even just that at this point.

I don't think Matt or many other non-Ike males will recieve a resplendent treatment tbh b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶y̶p̶o̶c̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶F̶l̶o̶r̶i̶n̶a̶,̶ ̶N̶i̶l̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶l̶e̶n̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶. ̶O̶G̶ ̶U̶r̶s̶u̶l̶a̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

@NegativeExponents- I definitely agree on colorless being the color to share on teams. But it was moreso running two colorless daggers on one team. I'll requently run a dagger with a healer (Matt and Serra, admittedly) or someone like L!Alm with a healer or F!Corrin, but I can't remember the last time I ran two daggers if I ever have. Valentine Silque is an amazing colorless buffer and I can think of a few colorless units off the top of my head that would love her boost so I just want to avoid confusion there. As for Leila herself doubling down on Colorless for her is something I'm more than willing to do. Her partner ultimately will probably have a color though.

She and Matthew are perfect but I don't know if I'm going to uproot my OG team entirely for her and him. I can clear harder content with the two of them probably, but the way I clear things is less straightforward with those two and I can be lazy these days. Matt + Dancer is just simpler.

Yeah, more than likely it'll be popular units like Ike, Seliph, Chrom (WHO I'D WELCOME), but those particular units I just named would benefit greatly from new art and stat boosts. It's just a shame that they did things this way. So many units would love an art upgrade (Ogma, Ursula, Lloyd, Rebecca, etc) and stat boost (literally all Gen 1 units and some Gen 2).

And yes, certain characters getting Resplendent versions would absolutely force me to break the bank. I'm literally on the fence right now on weather or not I want to crack for Lyn. +2 to all stats and a free merge? Really freaking tempting... if Divine Codes allow you to go down the same path multiple times I may just use that system to get Lyn to +10 if she's on one of the paths.

March is getting really close.

Edited by Zeo

@NegativeExponents- Oh hey Legault! I was always unsure how to build him (or which boon) but nice to see him in action. Starfish is such a great weapon, I'm jealous! Perfect accessory, too. Zephiel is so tanky I wouldn't mind him visiting me one day. Too bad about no Nils but I hope you get him.

Also hey KOF XIII music!!! Nice choice!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Always satisfying to see Firesweep users countered by NCD. Cute theme with the singer singing cute as well lol. Felicia sure was lethal with her cooking.

@Diovani Bressan Welp, Nowi sure decimated everything. Dragons still a force to be reckoned with these days I see.

@Zeo Wooo, power couple in action! Appropriate music as well heh. Great to see the swapping thing in action. So glad you got the new FE7 units!

@BoaFerox Such a great Ross! Such an absolute unit! Who needs Galeforce when you have a buff boy! TMS clear was fun, they're fun units to play around with. Seeing Ruse used is always so satisfying. Mamori is super bulky while Itsuki is no slouch.

@Landmaster Elise Emblem OP as usual. OG Elise activating Miracle is always tense but satisfying. Vantage strats too strong.

@Maaka I'm so jealous of your L!Leif. Galeforce Bartre though! Great clear.

@DLNarshen@Alexmender@Ginko@daisy jane @mampfoid

Now for my clears.

Team is neutral Selkie, +Def/-HP Velouria, +HP/-Atk Yarne and neutral New Year's Laegjarn. 

Music is Full Burst from the King of Fighters XIV

- Brave move putting Selkie within the archer's range you say? Well I need the red mage to be easily targeted the next turn, so I had to put Selkie in the fray. Her Sabotage also helps, and Atk/Spd Bond was useful and needed during that crowded melee combat in the middle. Chill Spd was to let Laegjarn double the red mage later on.

- Speaking of Brave moves, Yarne also had to tank the red fox tome from  the TA red mage, with some help from Selkie's Res Wave, Velouria's Ward Beasts and Laegjarn's Distant Guard buffs. This way he could activate GF and Escape Route to dart across the map to safety. Velouria partners with Yarne for quicker Galeforce. Anti-cav weapon was also very useful with the amount of cavs in this map.

- And of course Velouria, she rose to the challenge in the second half of the map. Once Brazen Atk/Def activated with Close Def, she was almost untouchable. Great speed allows her double on both phases which is a lifesaver (especially against the green horse mage that threatened the whole team).

---

Team is neutral Gerome, +Atk/-HP Cherche, neutral Cormag and +Atk/-Res Summer Tana. 

Music is Survivors Under The Sky from The King of Fighers XIV

-Named mounts are Minerva (Gerome and Cherche), Genarog (Cormag) and Achaeus (Tana). Amusingly, all fliers and one of each species (pegasus, and two types of wyverns). 

-So glad when a unit's base skills work the best. Summer Tana had to give up her bladetome for that extra might against the green archer, so had to use her prf. Atk/Spd Push because she needed as much speed and power, but also she needed to tank later to activate Desperation (even then barely living thanks to Gerome's Ward Fliers and Cherche's Distant Guard) so Life and Death wasn't an option. Her -Res was also a challenge, but again, the Wards helped.

-Speaking of base skills, Gerome was an absolute tank here. That's right, taking 0 damage all map. Guard was key to this strat, and for this, he needed as less damage as possible. Poleaxe was great for the many cavs here and Fortress Def was key in tanking everything. Thanks to Cormag's Def Opening, and Tana's Spur Atk/Def he could just take every attack with a tink. (Tana's spur was needed for perfect tanking, otherwise he takes 1 damage from the Distant Def bow lol). Sadly, because of the -3 Atk, he couldn't one shot the lance cavalier near the end but he had to shield Tana from the archer anyway.

- For those who is saying Gerome is a worse Cherche, well he outshines his mother so much in this clear. Cherche's -5 Spd was too low for tanking, and she was a liability if I attack with her since she will be in the enemy's range, so she was more of a support bot with Fortify Fliers and Distant Guard.

-Cormag puts his general stats to use. With some help from Gerome's Ward Fliers and Brazen Atk/Def he survives a lot of things. He need the Atk boost to punch through the TA red mage though (he falls short without it) but also needed survivability, so the Brazen was a lifesaver. Sacrificing a Silas to give him Steady Stance was also worth it (he should be honoured, lucky I like Cormag!). Surviving archers without Iote's Shield sure is impressive! I think Dull Close might have ignored the axe guys Defense buffs as well.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:53 AM, Landmaster said:

@BoaFerox - Oh hey, it’s Super Saiyan Ross. Oh, we’re taking 0 damage from Red units, Ross is quite fair and balanced~ Why is he so fast?. Also Japanese Virion’s voice coming from Eleanora scared the hell out of me~

I was going to flame you so hard if you didn’t use the animu music, I am proud~ Doga is kinda disgusting, 9 damage from an effective hit? Wildt~ She and Itsuki did most of the work but Tsubasa is a beast, too~ Why are these units so good?~ And where's your Kiria?

Haha, Virion is always there...

Mamori and Doga are pretty much indestructible, really fun unit to use. This map is a little mean to fliers so Tsubasa had to stay back a bit, but she got to see a little action in the end. Kiria had to sit this one out, but expect to see her in future clears!

On 2/21/2020 at 12:36 AM, Zeo said:

@BoaFerox Whew! Ross barely scraped by here! Amazing work and no healing! You better believe I'm jealous of that +10 SS Ross. The TMS Clear was fun as well. Those are characters are just so unlike anybody else in Heroes. It was jarring seeing them initially but they're pretty refreshing.

I'm still amazed I got so many Ross this fast, but he's been extremely helpful! He is both an amazing unit here and helps my Arena score. I'm a bit jealous of your Leila myself, I tried for her a bit but ended up with Larum instead... But at least I can hope she shows up in the future. 
The TMS units are so fun to use. I played their game and also played with Cipher cards (they have been in that game for years), so I was already used to them and was really exited when they arrived. I was very happy that the general reception to them seemed positive once people got used to them as well! They're refreshing, as you say.

@mcsilas Awesome clears! I can especially see that a lot of work was put into the named mounts clear, this map is not very kind to fliers! And of course it gets bonus points for using Tana 😉

@Landmaster Vantage bladetome moves are always a surprise to see. Very effective judging from all those one shots though.
--------
My clear on this one was a bit late since my normal clears weren't very interesting and I could't think of a good theme. I did think about how long it was since my original Sharena and friends team had a go. 10 months in fact so I decided to bring the team back for a attempted Abyssal run. This GHB is as good as a place as any to test the team out. Its mostly the same team, but Matthew has his refine now and a new member took the place of good old Wrys.

@Zeo since i'm using a not nearly as impressive Matthew

Edit: Ouch misspelling my title. Ah well.

Edited by Sasori