Any chance of a sequel?

Samurai Navarre

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the odds of a sequel are quite high though I don’t see it happening for a while seeing as koei tecmo seem to have been busy on other projects these past couple of years(Altier, 3H, P5S, etc) though I would not be surprised if one is announced either sometime this year or next year.

I think it's a no brainer at this point. The Fire Emblem franchise is bigger than it's ever been, and this would be a really opportune time for a sequel.

Also, both Omega Force and Team Ninja are nearing the end of at least one project each. Persona 5 Scramble, Omega Force's project, is about to release in Japan. And the last DLC for (the incredibly mediocre and disappointing) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is releasing in late March, leaving Team Ninja with one less thing on their plate. Either of them could plausibly take the reigns of a FEW2. 

48 minutes ago, Samurai Navarre said:

They really ought to make one...*sigh* I feel like this game would've sold better if they had just included Ike. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn characters in general deserved to be in and really should've been.

I certainly would've bought it if they had included Ike. He's perfect for a Warriors game; when you think of an FE protagonist that can pull off being a one-man army obliterating opponents left and right, who do you think of?

With how badly people want Ike and Roy and all and Three Houses being a big success, yeah, I can't imagine there not being an FE Warriors 2 at some point. Though at the same time, we still haven't seen a Hyrule Warriors 2 either and Zelda is a more major franchise. So that does bother me... I would think it weird to get FE Warriors 2 before Hyrule Warriors 2.

EDIT: @vanguard333 Heck yeah, Ike is the most notable one-man army in FE, isn't he? XD

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @vanguard333 Heck yeah, Ike is the most notable one-man army in FE, isn't he? XD

I certainly would say that he is.

Then again, the way things have been going, odds are that the next avatar FE protagonist will literally obliterate an entire army in a cutscene in an attempt by IS to make them likeable by copying Ike at the surface-level. They already gave us one that was a socially-sheltered and awkward mercenary and son of the former most powerful knight in the continent; it's only logical that the next thing they steal from Ike will be his one-man army status. 

Edited by vanguard333

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

I certainly would say that he is.

Then again, the way things have been going, odds are that the next avatar FE protagonist will literally obliterate an entire army in a cutscene in an attempt by IS to make them likeable. They already gave us one that was a socially-sheltered and awkward mercenary and son of the former most powerful knight in the continent; it's only logical that the next thing they steal from Ike will be his one-man army status. 

Or worse...steal his title of strongest hero. 😕 Old Hubba from Awakening and the Heroes peeps both say that lorewise, Ike is the most powerful hero (excluding gods and god-like people though, I'm certain. And this would include full power Byleth since, you know). I'd be mad if Ike lost that honor to some half-assed avatar.

Now, if somehow IS could provide good legit reasoning and lore to explain why said avatar is powerful enough to dethrone Ike, then okay, you got me there. Even if I'd still be kinda bummed because I love Ike so much. xP

I think we're very likely to see a sequel at some point. Koei has expressed in a sequel, and they have said that they were pleased with the game's sales.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

With how badly people want Ike and Roy and all and Three Houses being a big success, yeah, I can't imagine there not being an FE Warriors 2 at some point. Though at the same time, we still haven't seen a Hyrule Warriors 2 either and Zelda is a more major franchise. So that does bother me... I would think it weird to get FE Warriors 2 before Hyrule Warriors 2.

Who else is there left to really add in a Hyrule Warriors 2 though? The only big remaining characters at this point are the Champions from Breath of the Wild and Vaati. That's not really enough to justify a sequel (at least, not at this point in time). I'd rather see Fire Emblem Warriors 2 next because there's a lot more potential with it than a Hyrule Warriors 2.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Or worse...steal his title of strongest hero. 😕 Old Hubba from Awakening and the Heroes peeps both say that lorewise, Ike is the most powerful hero (excluding gods and god-like people though, I'm certain. And this would include full power Byleth since, you know). I'd be mad if Ike lost that honor to some half-assed avatar.

Now, if somehow IS could provide good legit reasoning and lore to explain why said avatar is powerful enough to dethrone Ike, then okay, you got me there. Even if I'd still be kinda bummed because I love Ike so much. xP

Oh, yeah; I'd be mad as well. I would like IS to stop copying the Tellius games at the surface level while blatantly ignoring them in crossover media. If they're going to copy anything from those games, they should copy the writing quality. 

EDIT: Even though we're talking about Ike, for some reason, when I read, "strongest hero", my mind instantly thinks, "De, ne, ne, ne; ONE PUNCH!" …I've been watching too much One-Punch Man recently; haven't I?

Edited by vanguard333

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Who else is there left to really add in a Hyrule Warriors 2 though? The only big remaining characters at this point are the Champions from Breath of the Wild and Vaati. That's not really enough to justify a sequel (at least, not at this point in time). I'd rather see Fire Emblem Warriors 2 next because there's a lot more potential with it than a Hyrule Warriors 2.

There are still some OoT sages missing, for example. And as you pointed out, Vaati and the BotW champions. From Skyward Sword we could see Groose and Pipit. TP has Ashei (and I still don't know why she was passed up in favor of freaking Agitha, honestly). Hilda from ALBW is an option too. There aren't as many options as in FE, but there are still enough.

I really want to see both FE Warriors 2 and Hyrule Warriors 2.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

There are still some OoT sages missing, for example. And as you pointed out, Vaati and the BotW champions. From Skyward Sword we could see Groose and Pipit. TP has Ashei (and I still don't know why she was passed up in favor of freaking Agitha, honestly). There aren't as many options as in FE, but there are still enough.

Even so, I'd still rather just see FEW2 first

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Even so, I'd still rather just see FEW2 first

I'd still like both. I don't care which is first, though I admit I'd be a bit more excited for FE Warriors 2 because Ike would be in it, and potentially Sylvain.

Which reminds me, I don't think Felix would get in over Sylvain despite his popularity, even disregarding my bias for the latter. Felix is a sword guy and there are enough of those. Sylvain would bring in a unit type that isn't even in FE Warriors: lance cavalry. And he's still just about as popular as his buddy.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There are still some OoT sages missing, for example. And as you pointed out, Vaati and the BotW champions. From Skyward Sword we could see Groose and Pipit. TP has Ashei (and I still don't know why she was passed up in favor of freaking Agitha, honestly). Hilda from ALBW is an option too. There aren't as many options as in FE, but there are still enough.

I really want to see both FE Warriors 2 and Hyrule Warriors 2.

You're still naming barely enough characters to make a Hyrule Warriors sequel. Gregster's right on this one.

Fire Emblem has damn near 700 characters. Zelda has dozens. The entire appeal of Warriors games is the roster size, and if you have to damn near scrape the bottom of the barrel to do it (I mean you name dropped the OoT sages and the literally-dead at the start of the game BotW champions), I think you really need to ask if it's worth it.

Edited by Etheus

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd still like both. I don't care which is first, though I admit I'd be a bit more excited for FE Warriors 2 because Ike would be in it, and potentially Sylvain.

Which reminds me, I don't think Felix would get in over Sylvain despite his popularity, even disregarding my bias for the latter. Felix is a sword guy and there are enough of those. Sylvain would bring in a unit type that isn't even in FE Warriors: lance cavalry. And he's still just about as popular as his buddy.

There are other candidates for lance cavaliers though, not just Sylvain. And I don't see Felix being another swordie as a big enough obstacle for him getting in.

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

There are other candidates for lance cavaliers though, not just Sylvain. And I don't see Felix being another swordie as a big enough obstacle for him getting in.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think this is an either or scenario. The Blue Lions are, quite possibly, the least popular house overall (barring Dimitri being the most popular lord, apparently), with the fewest stand out characters. I think Sylvain would be a 100% lock for the FEW2 roster (and I say that as someone who does not like Sylvain), and Felix would also have a high probability of being added. If anything, the Blue Lions would be the only house that could see a majority male inclusion, because they have the least popular waifus of the three (and we all know how Koei Tecmo loves their fanservice).

30 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Funny enough, despite being a Zelda fan, I didn't really buy Hyrule Warriors either. 

That said, I can think of some more characters that could fit well for a Hyrule Warriors 2:

• Four Swords Links (all of them work together attacking foes; juggling between different formations and even stacking on top of one another like in Tri Force Heroes)
  • Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
  • Byrne (Spirit Tracks)
  • Cole (Spirit Tracks)

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't think this is an either or scenario. The Blue Lions are, quite possibly, the least popular house overall (barring Dimitri being the most popular lord, apparently), with the fewest stand out characters. I think Sylvain would be a 100% lock for the FEW2 roster (and I say that as someone who does not like Sylvain), and Felix would also have a high probability of being added. If anything, the Blue Lions would be the only house that could see a majority male inclusion, because they have the least popular waifus of the three (and we all know how Koei Tecmo loves their fanservice).

Really? Huh; I thought for certain that Mercedes and Ingrid, while not standouts, would certainly be fairly popular. Huh. 

Edited by vanguard333

8 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Funny enough, despite being a Zelda fan, I didn't really buy Hyrule Warriors either. 

That said, I can think of some more characters that could fit well for a Hyrule Warriors 2:

• Four Swords Links (all of them work together attacking foes; juggling between different formations and even stacking on top of one another like in Tri Force Heroes)
  • Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
  • Byrne (Spirit Tracks)
  • Cole (Spirit Tracks)

Really? Huh; I thought for certain that Mercedes and Ingrid, while not standouts, would certainly be fairly popular. Huh. 

Well, off of CYL4 rankings:

https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ewn4cx/full_cyl4_results/fg37rkm/

Mercedes beat out Leonie, but no other female students from the main houses. Annette and Ingrid did marginally better, beating out Mercedes and Petra. There's still an overwhelming bias in favor of BE and GD women, with all of the BE ladies placing high, and all of the GD aside from Leonie placing high. 

Picking favorite 3H characters will likely be like picking favorite children for Koei Tecmo, but off of popularity, the female lock-ins would most likely be Edelgard, Lysithea, Bernadetta, Marianne, Dorothea, and Hilda. You also have a lot of potential moveset diversity in that. Edelgard could easily head up an armored axe moveset (useful for characters like Hector), with Lysithea taking Robin's set, Bernadetta starting the bow cavalry moveset, Dorothea as a magic dancer, and Hilda using Lyssa's moveset.

The odd one out is Marianne, whose strengths are super versatile. If you guarantee her a sword moveset, for Balmung, she'd still have the possibility of starting a sword flier moveset (good to share with Elincia), sharing Xander's cavalry sword moveset, or sharing Olivia's dancer moveset. Yes, her canon class is Bishop, but this would likely be a secondary priority, as healing in Warriors tends to be summed up with just giving them Staff usage.

I think the chances are fairly high. They were happy with the sales of the first FE Warriors. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel with the characters from the first game returning as either bonus units or actual story units, and the new story focusing on Elibe, Tellius, and Fodland.

12 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Well, off of CYL4 rankings:

https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ewn4cx/full_cyl4_results/fg37rkm/

Mercedes beat out Leonie, but no other female students from the main houses. Annette and Ingrid did marginally better, beating out Mercedes and Petra. There's still an overwhelming bias in favor of BE and GD women, with all of the BE ladies placing high, and all of the GD aside from Leonie placing high. 

Picking favorite 3H characters will likely be like picking favorite children for Koei Tecmo, but off of popularity, the female lock-ins would most likely be Edelgard, Lysithea, Bernadetta, Marianne, Dorothea, and Hilda. You also have a lot of potential moveset diversity in that. Edelgard could easily head up an armored axe moveset (useful for characters like Hector), with Lysithea taking Robin's set, Bernadetta starting the bow cavalry moveset, Dorothea as a magic dancer, and Hilda using Lyssa's moveset.

The odd one out is Marianne, whose strengths are super versatile. If you guarantee her a sword moveset, for Balmung, she'd still have the possibility of starting a sword flier moveset (good to share with Elincia), sharing Xander's cavalry sword moveset, or sharing Olivia's dancer moveset. Yes, her canon class is Bishop, but this would likely be a secondary priority, as healing in Warriors tends to be summed up with just giving them Staff usage.

Interesting. I haven't actually done a Blue Lions playthrough yet, so I wouldn't know.

I have played through Black Eagles (Crimson Flower) and I'm on chapter six of Golden Deer, and I agree that there is quite a bit of moveset potential for those five you listed. But, I'm surprised that Petra was so far down on the list. 

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

There is still a bunch of characters they could add:

1. Oracle Din
  2. Oracle Nayru
  3. Oracle Farore
    1. Strange Flute weapon for Young Link (the closest I'd say to Oracle Link)
  4. Onyx
  5. Veran
  6. Twinrova
  7. Rauru
  8. Saria
    1. "Shadow Knife" weapon for Impa.
  9. Nabooru
  10. Hero's Spirit
  11. Groose
  12. Makar
  13. Linebeck
  14. Bryne
    1. Four Sword weapon for Toon Link
  15. Ezlo
  16. Vaati (Minish for playable, Wind Demon for Giant Boss)
  17. The Lady or whatever the princess was called in Triforce Heroes (yes, the game deserves one, just one, cookie).

But, I admit these are mostly secondary characters, not big names that could draw in big sales. And, I admit to being biased towards the Oracle games. 

---

Oh yeah, the possibility of an FEW2. Very likely. But I have no interest in the 3H cast, so if they'd be the centerpiece, I'd probably not care enough to buy the game. I need the emotive incentive more than I do in a mainline FE. 

I'd want an Xenoblade Warriors instead, ideally with unlikely "fair" representation for XCX, and that might stand a shot with KT speaking about the possibility before. Maybe there is a slim chance if KT preferred diversity in franchises to striking the scalding iron, they could do XB Warriors before FEW2. Although I wouldn't think KT would make two Nintendo-exclusive franchise Musous in one year due to me imagining "saturation", and FEW2 would more likely delay any XB Warriors plans.

14 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting. I haven't actually done a Blue Lions playthrough yet, so I wouldn't know.

I have played through Black Eagles (Crimson Flower) and I'm on chapter six of Golden Deer, and I agree that there is quite a bit of moveset potential for those five you listed. But, I'm surprised that Petra was so far down on the list. 

Bear in mind, Petra is already in Heroes, so would inherently score lower.

(This didn't hurt Hilda that much, paradoxically, but it could have potentially made the difference for Hilda being a frontrunner contender.)

I absolutely think that Petra is more popular than Annette and Ingrid, without such negative factors holding her back.

Just now, Etheus said:

Bear in mind, Petra is already in Heroes, so would inherently score lower.

(This didn't hurt Hilda that much, paradoxically, but it could have potentially made the difference for Hilda being a frontrunner contender.)

I absolutely think that Petra is more popular than Annette and Ingrid, without such negative factors holding her back.

Oh. That makes sense. 

I haven't played Heroes in a long time. I stopped playing before they added in the stuff with Surtr. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

You're still naming barely enough characters to make a Hyrule Warriors sequel. Gregster's right on this one.

Barely enough is still enough. So I disagree.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

The Blue Lions have the most popular dudes by far though. Dimitri, Sylvain, Ashe, and Felix scored much higher in CYL4 than pretty much any other TH males barring Claude and male Byleth. So the Blue Lions should get some of those guys in FEW2 when/if it happens.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

What other TH candidates are as popular as Sylvain though? I don't think any are. There are options from other FE games though, of course. And even then, they're still not as popular as Sylvain as far as I can tell.

I think it should be a big enough obstacle. I like having as many unique movesets/weapons as possible. This is the one thing Hyrule Warriors did so much better than FEW imo. There were all kinds of unique movesets and weapons. I know FE doesn't have quite as much potential for that regardless, but there still could've been more variety than what we got.

Edited by Anacybele