Any chance of a sequel?

Samurai Navarre

2 hours ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Linde is the best mage I agree.

I haven't played Three Houses yet. No spoilers but is it any good? Fates was sort of disappointing for me. Most of the characters were just watered down versions of the ones from Awakening.

I love it. My problems with it are that I wish there was more of one route and that the graphics can be kind of jank (it’s usually pretty funny though). It’s one of my favorite games of all time and I’ve been playing games a long time. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Linde is the best mage I agree.

I haven't played Three Houses yet. No spoilers but is it any good? Fates was sort of disappointing for me. Most of the characters were just watered down versions of the ones from Awakening.

I thought Three Houses was a great game, having multiply paths to chose made the game much more replayable for me, its got its flaws and the map designs is one of its biggest weaknesses, but its currently my most played Switch game and I had a great time with it 

I feel if they do a sequel, they should just focus on Three Houses, to avoid another roster mess.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:16 PM, Samurai Navarre said:

They really ought to make one...*sigh* I feel like this game would've sold better if they had just included Ike. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn characters in general deserved to be in and really should've been.

I think the problem is that the game excluded so many obvious stables of both Dynasty and FE, ignored Shadow Dragon and just generally felt hollow in comparison to Hyrule Warriors. The Roster was missing so much on every level and the comments by the director almost felt like he was trolling the FE Fandom.

It didn't help that the game forced in the weapon triangle when the selection of characters was obviously not built for it.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, Samurai Navarre said:

I don't want Iago no. But Gharnef and Validar look fun. And why not? Didn't Hyrule Warriors give us playable villains?

Yes, all the named villains are playable and even two giant bosses, they're also a constant present throughout the story and are playable there too.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

7 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I feel if they do a sequel, they should just focus on Three Houses, to avoid another roster mess.

I think the problem is that the game excluded so many obvious stables of both Dynasty and FE, ignored Shadow Dragon and just generally felt hollow in comparison to Hyrule Warriors. The Roster was missing so much on every level and the comments by the director almost felt like he was trolling the FE Fandom.

It didn't help that the game forced in the weapon triangle when the selection of characters was obviously not built for it.

Yes, all the named villains are playable and even two giant bosses, they're also a constant present throughout the story and are playable there too.

You do realize focusing only on just Three Houses would only make the people who wanted Ike, Roy, and characters from every other older FE game even more mad right? You can't just focus on Three Houses

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize focusing only on just Three Houses would only make the people who wanted Ike, Roy, and characters from every other older FE game even more mad right? You can't just focus on Three Houses

If the game was called "Fire Emblem: Three Houses Warriors", I think fans would get it it was just what the title promised.

The problem with Fire Emblem: Warriors is they said it would focus on the series like Hyrule Warriors, then backpedaled and said it would only do Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates to avoid "too many swords." Then they only did essentially just Awakening and Fates for the game, whilst having a roster full of swords anyhow and missing iconic FE staple classes..oh and adding their crappy OCs who were also redundant infantry swordsmen.

On 2/22/2020 at 2:20 AM, Samurai Navarre said:

I don't want Iago no. But Gharnef and Validar look fun. And why not? Didn't Hyrule Warriors give us playable villains?

Yes but the difference is that Hyrule Warriors actually had villains that were worth something. Ghirahim, Zant and Ganondorf are all big name villains in the franchise. Meanwhile the villains of FE Warriors consist of two losers and an extremely bare bones NES villain. Even the villain OC's in Hyrule villains were pretty good with an interesting female villain and two henchmen that took inspiration from previous bosses and Lu Bu. Meanwhile the FE Warrior stance to villain OC's was to barely have them. 

Also I've heard it said that Zant and Ghirahim weren't actually intended to be playable but got added because everyone reacted so exited when seeing them as NPC bosses. I doubt many fans were very exited when seeing the black mage loser trio. 

If the game was called "Fire Emblem: Three Houses Warriors", I think fans would get it it was just what the title promised.

I think that's a good point. Persona Warriors was marketed from the very beginning as Persona 5 Scramble and I've seen little controversy about that. Also on some level I'd expect that fans might see that it makes sense since just about every asset for a Three Houses Warriors is already complete. Three Houses is the same engine as Fe Warriors so porting things from a grid based strategy game to a Warriors game should be easily managed. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yes but the difference is that Hyrule Warriors actually had villains that were worth something. Ghirahim, Zant and Ganondorf are all big name villains in the franchise. Meanwhile the villains of FE Warriors consist of two losers and an extremely bare bones NES villain. Even the villain OC's in Hyrule villains were pretty good with an interesting female villain and two henchmen that took inspiration from previous bosses and Lu Bu. Meanwhile the FE Warrior stance to villain OC's was to barely have them. 

Also I've heard it said that Zant and Ghirahim weren't actually intended to be playable but got added because everyone reacted so exited when seeing them as NPC bosses. I doubt many fans were very exited when seeing the black mage loser trio. 

Pretty much yeah. Who the heck saw the line up of Fire Emblem Warriors and said "GOD I WANT THEM TO PROMOTE IAGO TO PLAYABLE!"?

I can actually understand Roy not being playable. But how could they exclude IKE of all people? Isn't he the most popular Lord? And with the kind of fighting style he has he's perfect for this kind of game.

On the subject of getting playable villains though keep in mind there are also ones that DON'T suck. Who wouldn't want playable Zelgius/The Black Knight for example? He'd be awesome in an FE Warriors game.

Didn't they specify in an interview that they purposefully saving Roy and Ike for a potential sequel?

And I don't think calling it FE3H Warriors would actually prevent outrage. I think the "3 games at a time plus a couple randoms" was the right idea. I'd go 3H/Binding Blade/PoR, Alm, one or two more SD characters, and either Sigurd or Seliph. Plus all FEW1 characters obviously, decloned as much as time as budget constraints allow.

21 minutes ago, Samurai Navarre said:

I can actually understand Roy not being playable. But how could they exclude IKE of all people? Isn't he the most popular Lord? And with the kind of fighting style he has he's perfect for this kind of game.

On the subject of getting playable villains though keep in mind there are also ones that DON'T suck. Who wouldn't want playable Zelgius/The Black Knight for example? He'd be awesome in an FE Warriors game.

Of course there's villains that don't suck. I'd absolutely love to play as someone like the Black Knight, Berkut, Arvis, etc. That's why part of why people (myself included) weren't a fan of the games they chose for FEW1, since not only do they all have a weak lineup of villains, they also went out of their way to pick the worst villains from those games.

There's just glaring problems with the FEW1 roster all around. 

Complete lack of representation for 6 mainline games. Token representation for another 2 games.

Lack of weapon diversity, with only 4 axes and 5 lances.

An entire weapon type that is only used for one character.

Glaring omissions like cavalry lances and flying swords.

NPCs for sale in the season pass. That might have even been reasonable for characters whose full moveset didn't exist in the base game (Oboro), but most of the NPCs were clones of existing characters.

A sequel could do so much to fix that. 

1 hour ago, Samurai Navarre said:

The Black Knight was born to get into FE Warriors. He's very much the Lu Bu archtype who you must not pursue. In fact he's already someone you must not pursue in the Fire Emblem series. 

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Of course there's villains that don't suck. I'd absolutely love to play as someone like the Black Knight, Berkut, Arvis, etc. That's why part of why people (myself included) weren't a fan of the games they chose for FEW1, since not only do they all have a weak lineup of villains, they also went out of their way to pick the worst villains from those games.

I feel like Gharnef and Validar were the right choices from their games. But Garon would've been a much better choice than Iago.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The Black Knight was born to get into FE Warriors. He's very much the Lu Bu archtype who you must not pursue. In fact he's already someone you must not pursue in the Fire Emblem series. 

Indeed. Same goes for Walhart.

1 hour ago, Samurai Navarre said:

I feel like Gharnef and Validar were the right choices from their games. But Garon would've been a much better choice than Iago.

Indeed. Same goes for Walhart.

There's still much better choices that they could've picked than Gharnef and Validar though, like Camus for Shadow Dragon and Gangrel or Walhart for Awakening. Not to mention, Gharnef, Iago, and Validar are all clones of Robin, so even if they were made playable, they really wouldn't be unique.

I don't know. I probably wouldn't want to make another one after all the flaming. There were problems, certainly, but, well, this fandom isn't exactly very agreeable at times. 

Though, if they cut the Awakening characters (well some of them), I'm out. Might be out anyway with the impending TH focus in addition to likely ludicrous amounts of Ike praising as they are wont to do. Though, to anybody clamoring about Ike's popularity, remember, Lucina apparently almost didn't make the cut despite being super popular and from one of the focus games.

Edited by Arthur97

Yeah, the villains were weird and the villains themselves only showed up for one map.

If Shadow Dragon was a focus game, where the heck is Camus? He's perfect for a Warriors title. I remember an old Japanese fan art of a hypothetical Fire Emblem Warriors showing Ike facing Camus on the battlefield.

4 hours ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Note on the Black Knight, he would be an armored character.

In Fire Emblem Warriors, an entire unit type that has appeared in every other game in the series as playable, is entirely unavailable to the player for no reason other then laziness by the developers. What makes it worse is Koei said an Armored Knight with a lance would be playable and that was the reason, Frederick used an axe.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't know. I probably wouldn't want to make another one after all the flaming. There were problems, certainly, but, well, this fandom isn't exactly very agreeable at times. 

When you mention you ignored characters people wanted because of "sexy feet" and "too many swords", you set yourself up for being flamed.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

6 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

In Fire Emblem Warriors, an entire unit type that has appeared in every other game in the series as playable, is entirely unavailable to the player for no reason other then laziness by the developers. What makes it worse is Koei said an Armored Knight with a lance would be playable and that was the reason, Frederick used an axe.

Frederick counts as being an armored character in the game actually.

2 minutes ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Frederick counts as being an armored character in the game actually.

No, he is a cavalry unit first and foremost. They even mentioned him when talking about how there will be an armored unit in the game that is playable and stated thats why Frederick uses an axe for the game.

13 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Yeah, the villains were weird and the villains themselves only showed up for one map.

If Shadow Dragon was a focus game, where the heck is Camus? He's perfect for a Warriors title. I remember an old Japanese fan art of a hypothetical Fire Emblem Warriors showing Ike facing Camus on the battlefield.

When you mention you ignored characters people wanted because of "sexy feet" and "too many swords", you set yourself up for being flamed.

Gharnef and Validar were shoehorned, but Iago actually seemed to play out the best ironically. 

And, please, the people would have flamed before the feet comment. Even after they said they were focusing on three games, they still seemed to expect Ike and Roy. Admittedly, they didn't help their situation by adding Lyn and Celica. They did stick their feet in their mouths a lot to add fuel to the fire, but do you honestly think people wouldn't have freaked out if they just said they were focusing on these three games (and actually stuck to it) and that's it?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Gharnef and Validar were shoehorned, but Iago actually seemed to play out the best ironically. 

And, please, the people would have flamed before the feet comment. Even after they said they were focusing on three games, they still seemed to expect Ike and Roy. Admittedly, they didn't help their situation by adding Lyn and Celica. They did stick their feet in their mouths a lot to add fuel to the fire, but do you honestly think people wouldn't have freaked out if they just said they were focusing on these three games (and actually stuck to it) and that's it?

I don't mind one or two wizards, but three of them? If Iago was in, then it should've been Camus and Walhart with him. Though then again, given the clones, there was no reason to limit it to one each game.

Except their reasoning for only doing three games was to "avoid too many swords", then they flooded the roster with swords anyhow including their revolting Marth clone OCs and left out Fire Emblem staples like Armored Knight and Lance Cavalry. So much so that the weapon triangle only gets in the player's way almost all the time as everyone is using a sword anyhow.

And they didn't focus on Shadow Dragon, that was the thing. It had less then half the roster of any other game, no stage and no role in the story.

3 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Frankly, I had always assumed that was why they picked those 3.

Yeah, that's the only reason I can think of for why they chose those three, especially Iago, who's probably the worst of the Fates villains tbh

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

How did Iago play out the best? I remember when the full character line up was leaked and Iago was shown, people were utterly confused and baffled by his inclusion.

17 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

How did Iago play out the best? I remember when the full character line up was leaked and Iago was shown, people were utterly confused and baffled by his inclusion.

His characterization worked pretty well. He was a fairly amusing troll in his story level and in the history modes he played the Narcien roles. 

In contrast Gharnef and Validar played out as they always did. As boring dark mages exclusively said boring things. 

3 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Frankly, I had always assumed that was why they picked those 3.

Laziness probably was indeed the answer for their presence. However that's not an excuse. 

Making the loser trio clones of Robin no doubt saved Koei some work but there were better options that also allowed them to keep being lazy. Add a dark aura around Robin and you got Grima. Make Walhardt a Frederick clone and you got a Lu Bu and adding some darkness around Takumi gives you Anankos. 

All easy solutions that ensure a better effect then what we ended up with. 

52 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

His characterization worked pretty well. He was a fairly amusing troll in his story level and in the history modes he played the Narcien roles. 

In contrast Gharnef and Validar played out as they always did. As boring dark mages exclusively said boring things. 

Laziness probably was indeed the answer for their presence. However that's not an excuse. 

Making the loser trio clones of Robin no doubt saved Koei some work but there were better options that also allowed them to keep being lazy. Add a dark aura around Robin and you got Grima. Make Walhardt a Frederick clone and you got a Lu Bu and adding some darkness around Takumi gives you Anankos. 

All easy solutions that ensure a better effect then what we ended up with. 

I absolutely hated the fact that they had characters steal lines that originally belong to other characters in History Mode cuz:

a. They feel forced and unnatural

b. They often don't fit the character saying them (Lyn stealing Ephraim's line, Lissa stealing Lex's line, Iago stealing Narcian's line, Oboro and Chrom stealing Jill and Haar's line, etc.)

c. It just makes me want the original characters who said them even more

33 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I absolutely hated the fact that they had characters steal lines that originally belong to other characters in History Mode cuz:

a. They feel forced and unnatural

b. They often don't fit the character saying them (Lyn stealing Ephraim's line, Lissa stealing Lex's line, Iago stealing Narcian's line, Oboro and Chrom stealing Jill and Haar's line, etc.)

c. It just makes me want the original characters who said them even more

Anyone remember they not only excluded Khozen from Knorda Market but used the censored version of Linde’s recruitment and used generic ruffian as the “boss” instead for some inane reason?

Edited by Emperor Hardin