If you had to be in a video game world, which game would it be?

The Mushroom Kingdom would definitely be high up on the list. It seems a very, very chill world where everyone is happy. The only source of problems you might have is some wacky turtle ruining your day, but I like to think the Mushroom Kingdom residents have grown to just accept that as a charming aspect of their lives. 

Alternatively the Disgaea world since its all so wacky. If you don't have the bad fortune of being a prinny then you might live a very carefree life in the Netherworld, which is strange since its supposed to be in Hell. 

Ideally, it would be a world with a high modicum of peace, so Halo and Fallout, while some of my favorite worlds, are out of the question. One of the timelines during their long portiins of peace in the Zelda universe would be a good pick, but I think I'd go for Archanae after the war between the Earth Dragons and thr Divine Dragons, mostly as a Manakete. Just imagine transforming into a near unlikable fly beast and soaring over the mountaintops, as well as living through thousands of years and seeing the times change from an isolated house out in the wilds... 

4 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

hmm... yes...reason you say? then eiyuu senki for me...JK

I think i would totally be up for .hack world. That would be crazy

Legitimate and illegitimate reasons, I would add.

I mean, jokes aside, it is one of the very few friendly video games worlds without the constant threat of horrible death. The abundance of ... reasons just happens to be a bonus.

Xenoblade 2. I could spend my whole life just exploring all the vast biomes, and it couldn't hurt to have a blade or two to travel with. Sure, there's some danger in the world, but if you've played the game I think you can agree it's worth risking it to see Leftheria or that amazing view from the Rhadamanthus Portal.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Alternatively the Disgaea world since its all so wacky. If you don't have the bad fortune of being a prinny then you might live a very carefree life in the Netherworld, which is strange since its supposed to be in Hell. 

Literally any Overlord would like to known your location.

----

My main option would be on Pokémon. Why? Because I love animals. That's it.

Sure, I would be supporting the (almost) enslavement of them, but...actually, I don't want to think about it.

----

If I can't have my all-fun adventure with Pokémon, then I would go to...a Fire Emblem game? I mean, you have a LOT of nobodies who can do some serious stuff against dragons, demons and gods. Sure, the 'big-shots' would completely outclass me, and the constant danger is not something good, but I'd say it's worth it. And don't forget about waifus.

Just don't get me on FE4/5/TH, please. I don't want to die.

Anyway, does living in a video game world come with the perks and powers of being that game's protagonist? Because that could make all the difference and actually make some of the more dangerous games viable choices.

My answer would totally be Persona 5 if so.

Edited by Etheus

Hmmm. . .let's go with Zemuria (specifically, Liberl).  While it has its issues, stuff like artes could make my numerous scrapes and bruises trivial.  Plus, there's a lot of good food (if the cookbook is any indication).

My choice would definitely be one from the Atelier series. Those places are really peaceful. Sure, there are monsters, but there are no politicians even more corrupt than real world ones, no "I can make the apocalypse happen just by existing" dragons (or other such beings/people), and you could ask your local alchemist to make all kinds of stuff for you, which would be very convenient indeed.