Future of Fire Emblem- Post Three Houses DLC

Bk1234

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

So, which world is your money on - Tellius or Jugdral?

Definitely not Tellius. If that gets anything, I'd expect a remaster.

Either FE4, cuz it's next in line, or FE6, cuz it's what Nakanishi said he wanted to do.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Definitely not Tellius. If that gets anything, I'd expect a remaster.

Either FE4, cuz it's next in line, or FE6, cuz it's what Nakanishi said he wanted to do.

I'd be down for a better balancing of Tellius - both in terms of gameplay and some story nonsense.

Don't know how FE4 would work, due to some of the weird running themes in it.  Wouldn't mind FE6, as long as they were nicer to axes.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd be down for a better balancing of Tellius - both in terms of gameplay and some story nonsense.

Don't know how FE4 would work, due to some of the weird running themes in it.  Wouldn't mind FE6, as long as they were nicer to axes.

Well, Three Houses took a lot from FE4 in terms of tone, basic premise and the 

Spoiler

time skip.

So clearly IS is looking to older FEs(4 in particular) for ideas. Plus, the weirder stuff in FE4 isn't portrayed as a good thing, and a lot of the other stuff can be written around.

Also, just a weird observation that's likely completely coincidental, but the retro FE that got a big remix in SSB4 was Gaiden, a few years before Echoes was announced. The FE that got a big song remix in Ultimate is Genealogy.

Edited by Slumber

I think now that the Three Houses DLC is finished, the next Fire Emblem game will be a remake. I'd personally wish for it to be Genealogy of the Holy War, especially with how many cues Three Houses took from it, although I also wouldn't be opposed to the rumor of Tellius being the next remakes to be true too, cuz they really need a re release.

Okay, hear me out, but I'm expecting a lot more outsourced projects. 

Intelligent Systems itself is probably working on Paper Mario. I don't know if the company is large enough to do both that and a Fire Emblem. Maybe they are.

The next actual FE game is likely to be a remaster (I'm leaning on Tellius, because that would take the least work and result in the best possible game). I think this will be Koei Tecmo's RotTK team, just like Three Houses.

We'll probably see Omega Force or Team Ninja hired on to do a Warriors sequel. Both companies just released games/DLC, freeing up personnel.

Also a fair chance at another spinoff being farmed out to continue the franchise's momentum. No clue what that might be, but I'm hoping for a Diablo clone. Those seem to be the in thing these days.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Okay, hear me out, but I'm expecting a lot more outsourced projects. 

Intelligent Systems itself is probably working on Paper Mario. I don't know if the company is large enough to do both that and a Fire Emblem. Maybe they are.

The next actual FE game is likely to be a remaster (I'm leaning on Tellius, because that would take the least work and result in the best possible game). I think this will be Koei Tecmo's RotTK team, just like Three Houses.

We'll probably see Omega Force or Team Ninja hired on to do a Warriors sequel. Both companies just released games/DLC, freeing up personnel.

Also a fair chance at another spinoff being farmed out to continue the franchise's momentum. No clue what that might be, but I'm hoping for a Diablo clone. Those seem to be the in thing these days.

That sounds like a good lineup.

Hope for FE4 Echoes. I could see Tellius remaster happening instead if IS have been busy with Paper Mario. I kind of expect Warriors 2 feat. Fódlan, Tellius, and Elibe/Jugdral within the next year depending which of 4 or 6 is getting remade next. 

I think they could also do a second wave of 3H DLC though. Also won't stop hoping for updates to CF.

Edited by Book Bro

I’m very curious if IS is burned out from fire emblem. I can completely understand if they are. While I love fire emblem, I would also like to see a new Paper Mario as long as it plays like the first two. I played both of them recently and I hunger for a sequel to thousand year door.

i could see Nintendo outsourcing a remaster of FE9 to some other company to port it to the switch. I don’t think the game needs a full on remake, just a few quality of life improvements like faster animations and less blocky models. Nothing drastic. I think the game is perfect just the way it is.

for spin offs I wouldn’t mind a warriors sequel if it included Tellius and GBA characters.

but above all, i want a remake of FE4 on par or better than Echoes. I personally would want IS to take all the time in the world for a remake of FE4so that it would be perfect. Better character models than the ones in 3H, voice acting as good as the characters in Echoes, the same gameplay as in the original, and most importantly, NO CENSORSHIP. FE4 is as real as it gets in terms of the content within it. It’s heavy, revolting, dramatic, depressing, empowering, and everything in-between. Sadly, I know they would dumb down “adult themes” in the game and that’s what I’m worried about.

Edited by Stephano