Atelier series discussion thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm playing on Hard difficulty, am level 12 and alchemy level 14. As this is my first Atelier game, I have no idea what to expect of game scaling in terms of level and alchemy level, and because I'm playing in Japanese and translating as I go, my play time is massively inflated, so it's hard for me to get an actual estimate of how far I am in the game from that alone.

I can't tell much about difficulty since I played on easy in the beginning and on normal later on.

For the final boss my team was about level 40.

Though not the level is crucial, but the equipment and items.

Armor, weapon and items with high quality do much more than some levels.

It goes for pretty much each Atelier game.

As for the alchemy level, all story relevant items met my alchemy level, so don't think the chance is high to be underleveled.

Once you learn new recipes you gain more alchemy experience and levels faster for them.

I remember synthesizing low leveled items or tools like bug net very late since I missed out a relevant ingredient.

It's harder to have all the required ingredients than to mee the sufficant alchemy level.

Enemies can be pushed back with breaks. Any kind of status affect causes it. Offensive items, especially the ones who attack the weakness, have a decent chance to cause a break. Fast combos also can delay the opponent.

As for traits I liked to have everything which has an auto-cure to prevent losing turns.