Dogs & Cats - feeding reward statistics - Spreadsheet

MicManGuy

So, I just started painstakingly recording all of the rewards I get for feeding these animals:

Spreadsheet here

As you can see, this would take forever to fill out with enough info to be statistically significant. My progress alone will be incredibly slow.

If you want to help, feel free to make your own copy of my "Template" sheet for your own records. Then, link it here so that I can copy it from time to time. I'd be grateful. If the way this system works is known, I would very much appreciate an explanation or a link to one. Even if it's just a theory.

I might do some tabulating later, but I'll post some results. I'm not sure if this is all determined or if certain animals just give random items. 

• Gloucester Cat
    Caledonian Gar, Teutates Loach, Albinean Berries - Wootz Steel 
    Carrot - Black-Sand Steel
  • Dominic Gray
    White Trout - Wootz Steel
    Caledonian Crayfish - Smithing Stone
  • Fraldarius Whitehair
    White Trout - Arcane Crystal, Wootz Steel 
    Noa Fruit - Arcane Crystal
  • Brigid Shorthair
    Noa Fruit - Venomstone
  • Gautieron
    Noa Fruit - Smithing Stone
    Peach Currant - Black-Sand Steel
  • Ordelian
    Carrot - Venomstone, Wootz Steel, Smithing Stone
  • Bergliez Shorthair
    Peach Currant - Arcane Crystal
  • Hresvelgion Whisker
    Peach Currant - Smithing Stone

• Aegir Hound
    Peach Currant - Wootz Steel
    Duscur Bear - Wootz Steel
    Wild Game - Smithing Stone, Arcane Crystal, Venomstone

Just from what I see so far, it seems that reward are at least partially tied to the Star level of whatever triggers them to give you something. But, it could be entirely random, I guess. 

Edit: Actually, it kind of seems all over the place. I'm not sure if there's any rhyme or reason to it. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

Yeah. It seems to be extremely random for me as well.

5 star fish giving me Smithing Stones and 2 star fish giving me Mythrils

I haven't gotten a single Umbral Steel yet. Then again, I only fed cats for like 10 minutes. Still. 56 Fish used at least and no Umbral Steel. I don't have enough 5 star fish to make farming that data very easy. I never thought there'd be a reason I'd want to hold on to 99 Platinum fish...

Maybe I need to try Bullheads... I don't think they'll eat the Goddess Messengers

Edited by MicManGuy

• 1 month later...

One piece of data I have definitely confirmed: the star level of food determines how many times you have to feed the animal before you get a reward. More stars = fewer feedings to get one ore. Also, fish and meat give rewards faster than vegetables. A 5-star vegetable is equivalent to a 4-star fish for quantity purposes. If you want to collect data and keep the type of food constant, catching 99 bullhead on a Fistful of Fish day is probably your best bet. 5-Star fish give one ore for every two fish.

I'm still gathering data for ore quality and whether or not it varies depending on the type of food or breed of animal. However, I can say that after 300+ ores, I have not gotten a single Umbral Steel or Agarthium from the animals. I'd be that those two ores are simply not available.