Hi,

I was wondering, since I've been told that Beastbane doubles the weapon might on beasts and horses, is that true or is it classic 3x damage? It would be a huge gap between 12 and 18, 18 and 27 and whatever Mt beaststone+ may have. If it's only 2x like in FE6 then it's quite mediocre (no more than a silver weapon for base beaststone) but if it's 3x then it's insanely good (forged +3 silver then). At the end of the day, it's still unpenalized silver Mt, but stones/runes can't be forged sadly (after all you can buy them, why wouldn't they be forgeable/boostable one way or another?) so you can't get to insane damage if it's only double damage. At least beastrune is better than guard naginata and nohrian blade because it has 9 Mt and can deal effective damage to some of the most annoying ennemy types.

The effectiveness gained by skills (beastbane snd golembane) only have x2 effective weapon might, effective weapons have x3, and in the extremely rare case where both would apply (ex. unit with Golembane and Blessed/Spirit weapons vs Stoneborn) the higher multiplier takes precedent (so x3).

On 2/22/2020 at 1:18 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

The effectiveness gained by skills (beastbane snd golembane) only have x2 effective weapon might, effective weapons have x3, and in the extremely rare case where both would apply (ex. unit with Golembane and Blessed/Spirit weapons vs Stoneborn) the higher multiplier takes precedent (so x3).

Thank you, I wish there could be information on that on the main site and on every fire emblem Fates site, like the wikia, because I couldn't find it anywhere and it's uncool, specially since there's nothing written about it in-game (it only tells "effective damage" without any distinction in the multiplier, another thing IS rushed and did a half-assed job with in half-ass 3 paths Emblem with a bad scenario, a total absence of geography in-game with a global map that could as well be all white and it wouldn't change anything, a mediocre exp system and a mediocre skill system deriving from the exp system, since lv 35 skills are out of play for like the whole game unless you like skill buying, all that with bad unit balance with royals being much more efficient to play than most non royals and some units being mostly a stat stick for another one like Charlotte).

I wish it was 3x effective damage, since it's the only selling point of the class(es), without 1-2, with stat debuffs on its' main weapons and with poor base damage (if Kaden didn't rock 15 str at base, he'd be as useless as Taguel Panne, only with more res but less str/hp/def growths to become relevant later). Well, at least both metamorphs have beastbane at base, while Taguel and Manakete both had to rech lv 15 just to learn the skill beastbane/dragonbane (at least they had 6 move I guess...).

10 hours ago, mangasdeouf said:

Thank you, I wish there could be information on that on the main site

Below is where I found that information and it probably should be on the main site, as it is an incredibly useful source of information for how Fates Calculations work (although not complete as it is missing the minutia of the XP formula and skill proc priority)