Songs that fit FE characters

Dragoncat

I'll just go straight into the examples here, because that's the easiest way to explain what this topic is about. Please, if you post youtube links, make sure they're ones with the lyrics on screen. Otherwise you can post links to the lyrics.

Dimitri: My Demons

I picture this being Dimitri to Byleth during the early war phase, and sometimes Lambert/Glenn/etc ("I know you're watching, I can feel you out there"). Save him if he becomes his DEMONS!

Yuri/Claude: I Won't Back Down

Might fit Yuri slightly more? "In a world that keeps on pushing me around, I'll stand my ground, and I won't back down" "I know what's right, I got just one life"

"Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out" sounds like Claude talking to Hilda.

Edited by Dragoncat

Aw, man! When you mentioned "Demons", I immediately thought of EverEve's song. 🙃
In any case, I think that it also suits my friend, Dimitri.

Summer has gone and winter is near
If life means hope then hope means fear
Beloved soul...
Enslavement is close at hand
...end... end... end...

Crawl on your knees, little scum
Sanity's fool - obey your sons
Elysian wounds...
Embraced by solitude

Aahh - with cold blank eyes
Aahh - with an empty smile

(Here are) your demons
Your clandestine demons
Yearning for a sign... to sneak up from behind...
Here they are.

Face all your demons.

Edited by starburst
Formatting.

3 minutes ago, starburst said:

Aw, man! When you mentioned "Demons", I thought of EverEve's song. 🙃

I swear Starset's My Demons needs to be modded into the credits of Azure Moon. Edge of Dawn is Edelgard's song. Here's the lyrics in text.

Mayday! Mayday!
The ship is slowly sinking
They think I'm crazy but they don't know the feeling
They're all around me,
Circling like vultures
They wanna break me and wash away my colors
Wash away my colors

Take me high and I'll sing
Oh you make everything okay, okay, okay
'Kay, Okay, Okay
We are one in the same
Oh you take all of the pain away, away, away
'Way, away, away
Save me if I become
My demons

I cannot stop this sickness taking over
It takes control and drags me into nowhere
I need your help, I can't fight this forever
I know you're watching,
I can feel you out there

'Kay, Okay, Okay
We are one in the same
'Way, away, away
Save me if I become
My demons

Take me over the walls below
Fly forever
Don't let me go
I need a savior to heal my pain
When I become my worst enemy
The enemy

Oh you make everything okay
We are one in the same
Oh you take all of the pain away

'Kay, Okay, Okay
We are one in the same
'Way, away, away
Save me if I become
My demons

'Kay, Okay, Okay
We are one in the same
'Way, away, away
Save me if I become
My demons

See? Totally fits him.

Edited by Dragoncat

I will always stand by the opinion that the song "Rolling Girl" by Wowaka fits Severa's character to a tee cause if that song doesn't accurately describe the core of what her character, then I don't know what does.

Some of the more stand out lyrics that I feel fit her character best are 

Spoiler

"Failing again failing again

fussing over mistakes she thinks would remain

but then...

she starts all over again!!

just once more just once more

I will roll again, today I know for sure

are better now?

no, I don't know how

What's the point of living if pain is never ending

please just let me stop my breath, right now"

These lyrics just fit her character so well considering what she's been through and how she feels about herself. It's one of the main reasons why I relate to her so heavily.

I also feel the song SIGN by flow fits Dimitri really well(note this is not the original song just an english cover).

It's a song about grief and how it affects someone and how they come to overcome it. The lines

"It's okay if I get hurt because I no longer feel any pain

I just get back up and drag my feet, despite my scars!"

fit Dimitri the best as it really accurately describes what his character is like post timeskip of Azure Moon.

"Connect" by ClairS I think fits the relationship between Edelgard and Byleth pretty well.

Edited by Ottservia

Hm... I'll put a link to each song in spoilers

Ike: The Hero! (One-Punch Man Opening Theme)

Spoiler

It's a song about wanting to be the strongest hero, not caring about glory or credit, and standing against all foes until defeated. I think it fits Ike very well.

@Anacybele You're also a fan of Ike; do you think this is a song that fits Ike?

Rhea: Sincerely-True (Violet Evergarden Opening Theme)

Spoiler

This is a song about... sorry 😢; every time I hear this song, I just burst into tears (if you've seen the show that it's the opening theme for, you know why 😭). It's all about grief for a lost loved one, trying to learn how to survive without them, the importance of words and communication, and living with one's past.

I think it captures Rhea well is that Rhea's actions stem from her grief for Sothis, and the fact that she badly needs to open up to those who care about her in the present. What do you guys think?

Edited by vanguard333

46 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It's a song about grief and how it affects someone and how they come to overcome it. The lines

"It's okay if I get hurt because I no longer feel any pain

I just get back up and drag my feet, despite my scars!"

fit Dimitri the best as it really accurately describes what his character is like post timeskip of Azure Moon.

That works for him too! I feel like the song I posted is him before he sees the light at Gronder, and yours is after.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

It's a song about wanting to be the strongest hero, not caring about glory or credit, and standing against all foes until defeated. I think it fits Ike very well.

@Anacybele You're also a fan of Ike; do you think this is a song that fits Ike?

I don't know about the genre of this music fitting him, I'm not sure it does, but from what you're saying about the lyrics, that would definitely fit! And yep, I'm a huge Ike fangirl!

41 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

This is the song that plays when Dimitri gets into a romance.

So many demons.

OMG YES.

"When you feel my heat, look into my eye, it's where my demons hide!"

Just one eye 😉 This fits my ficverse well when Ingrid is giving Dimitri some good patience and tenderness, the "He's still there, he just needs a little love. I am the Maiden of Wind, he's Loog" deal I headcanon. Could be female Byleth too for those who prefer that.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know about the genre of this music fitting him, I'm not sure it does, but from what you're saying about the lyrics, that would definitely fit! And yep, I'm a huge Ike fangirl!

Yeah; I'm not sure about the genre of music. But then again, what genre would fit him?

Indeed; you are evidently a big fan of Ike. It's obvious by your picture of Sylvain under a caption saying "Sylvain is best and cutest redhead <3", which is blatantly untrue as Sylvain's nothing compared to me! …Nah; I'm not nearly arrogant enough to make a claim like that.

(For context, I look like a Canadian Ed Sheeran with freckles).

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; I'm not sure about the genre of music. But then again, what genre would fit him?

Indeed; you are evidently a big fan of Ike. It's obvious by your picture of Sylvain under a caption saying "Sylvain is best and cutest redhead <3", which is blatantly untrue as Sylvain's nothing compared to me! …Nah; I'm not nearly arrogant enough to make a claim like that.

I've known her for a long time, Ike is her all time favorite FE lord. Sylv is her latest FE crush.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

I've known her for a long time, Ike is her all time favorite FE lord. Sylv is her latest FE crush.

I'm well aware; I'm just making a joke about it. I even asked for her opinion on a song I said fits Ike because I know she's an Ike fan. 

By the way, what do you think of the songs I picked for Ike and Rhea respectively?

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

By the way, what do you think of the songs I picked for Ike and Rhea respectively?

Haven't listened to them, I might later, but from your descriptions they work.

Ike is my favorite FE character period, not just my favorite lord. 😛

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah, true. lol

Yep! I don't know who Ed Sheeran is, so I'll just have to take your word for it. 😛

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Sylv is her latest FE crush.

Crush isn't the right word, I don't have crushes on fictional characters. I think that's silly. xP Sylvain's just my latest addition to my pool of top favs.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ike is my favorite FE character period, not just my favorite lord. 😛

Same. 

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep! I don't know who Ed Sheeran is, so I'll just have to take your word for it. 😛

He's a British singer. The only reason I know about him was that, in High School, a fellow student I never met before walked up to me and, out of nowhere, said to me, "Did you know you look like Ed Sheeran?" I had to awkwardly ask her, "Who's Ed Sheeran?"

Basically, when I have a beard, I'm told I look like Ed Sheeran. When I'm clean-shaven, I'm told I look like Ron Weasley. I strongly suspect that the reason I keep getting compared to those two is that they are the only two live male redheads in popular media that people tend to know about. 

Back on topic:

Lucina: Little Wonders

Spoiler
Let it go
Let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know
The hardest part is over?
Let it in
Let your clarity define you
In the end
We will only just remember how it feels
Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain
Let it slide
Let your troubles fall behind you
Let it shine
Until you feel it all around you
And I don't mind
If it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by
It's the heart that really matters in the end
Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain
All of my regret
Will wash away some how
But I can not forget
The way I feel right now
In these small hours
These little wonders
Time falls away, but these small hours
These small hours, still remain
They still remain
These little wonders
Time falls away
But these small hours
These little wonders still remain

Apparently, according to the singer (Rob Thomas), the point of the song is that our lives are made up of simple events while you're waiting for the big things to happen, and that we should live in the moment and not miss all these small things that happen in the meantime; these "little wonders". 

Actually, I think there's a few characters that this song could apply to: Edelgard, Rhea (?), Arvis (since he gets so caught up in his big ambitions that he misses the little things) (?), and Sephiran.

Edited by vanguard333

37 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

He's a British singer. The only reason I know about him was that, in High School, a fellow student I never met before walked up to me and, out of nowhere, said to me, "Did you know you look like Ed Sheeran?" I had to awkwardly ask her, "Who's Ed Sheeran?"

Basically, when I have a beard, I'm told I look like Ed Sheeran. When I'm clean-shaven, I'm told I look like Ron Weasley. I strongly suspect that the reason I keep getting compared to those two is that they are the only two live male redheads in popular media that people tend to know about. 

Ah, I see. I would've never known, I don't pay much attention to British celebs.

Since Sylvain's been brought up, I decided to look for a song that fits him!

This is what I could find so far.

He wants to be seen as somebody! Somebody that can be loved for who he is. So reverse the gender here and I think it fits him pretty well!

Also, the parts saying "world so cold" and "just wanted one thing" also fit. Sylvain hates the society he's in and thinks women just want his Crest babies and nothing else.

Edited by Anacybele

• 6 months later...