Question about FE3 Book 1 -> 2 Saving

Robert Stewart

Recently I completed an iron man playthrough of FE3 Book 1, planning to play Book 2 next. Normally when I've finished FE3 Book 1, there's a prompt to save and then Book 2 immediately starts. However I didn't notice it  this time. I'm wondering if the option to save and continue with Book 2 is tied to you finishing Book 1 without any deaths?

12 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

Yep, you can only proceed to book 2 from your book 1 save if you've had no playable character deaths in book 1.

Haven't played FE3 yet but do you really need to reset if you lose a single unit during Book 1 then? Is there any way to revive fallen unit (Besides the Aum Staff) like in FE4 or saveing during the map, or do you just have no choice but to reset?

4 hours ago, TeeGeeThree said:

Haven't played FE3 yet but do you really need to reset if you lose a single unit during Book 1 then? Is there any way to revive fallen unit (Besides the Aum Staff) like in FE4 or saveing during the map, or do you just have no choice but to reset?

You can start book 2 from the main menu, you don't have to carry on from book 1.

If you really want to carry on into book 2 from your book 1 save though, then yes, you will have to reset when units die in book 1 (the Aum staff exists, but it's only got one use).

On 2/23/2020 at 9:41 AM, Julius Nepos said:

Yep, you can only proceed to book 2 from your book 1 save if you've had no playable character deaths in book 1.

I see. Thanks for confirming it.

11 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

You can start book 2 from the main menu, you don't have to carry on from book 1.

If you really want to carry on into book 2 from your book 1 save though, then yes, you will have to reset when units die in book 1 (the Aum staff exists, but it's only got one use).

@TeeGeeThree

Adding on to what was said here: there's no bonuses for going right from book 1 -> 2 in terms of gameplay. The only thing you get is some extra backstory stuff in the Book 2 credits if you clear both books with 0 deaths.