Do Gen 1 Seasonals need a PRF refine?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do Gen 1 Seasonals need a PRF refine?

• Yes
    • No

Summer Freddy, of course! I've +10'd him and he does good work for me when I use him in tough maps. He solo'd Kronya's GHB, for example and I probably could've solo'd more with him!

But he's still underwhelming compared to a number of today's ranged units, and it doesn't help that daggers are the most underwhelming weapon type of all. So I'd even argue that poor Freddy is in most need of any year 1 seasonal period for that reason. He was the first seasonal dagger unit.

If I could get a good prf on this here, I can blow up a ton of maps, I bet! Just like with my Brave Ike. 😛

uQSM4k1.jpg

So yeah, I'll take just about any prf he can get so long as it synergizes enough with this skillset.

I am going to say S!Corrin I used her all the time, but now I don't as much.  I am not even really sure what I want her refine to be, but I would love it if she ended up with a good one.

Valentine Ike, because why the hell is he the only valentine banner-leader without a PRF weapon? Alm-Celica and Hector both have their own

Edited by Yexin

I imagine any gen 1 seasonals.

But let's be honest, it might never happen. They already started to give refines to a few gen 2 units, and there's still a lot of Grail units left without a PRF weapon.

20 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Valentine Ike, because why the hell is he the only valentine banner-leader without a PRF weapon? Alm-Celica and Hector both have their own

I wouldn't say no to this. XD I also recently +10'd him!

Oh yeah, if I were to choose a specific refine to give Summer Freddy though, it'd be a Close Counter weapon to make use of that nice Def stat he has. It doesn't synergize completely with the player phase set I have on him, but it would help his mixed phase capability.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't say no to this. XD I also recently +10'd him!

Great! If only i could be that lucky as well

anyway, i'd give his PRF +3 spd, an effect which triggers when within 2 spaces from an ally he shares a support with, maybe he could get atk/spd/def/res +3 during combat, and as a refine +10 dmg when activating his special, with the same "within 2 spaces from supported ally" condition

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

Great! If only i could be that lucky as well

anyway, i'd give his PRF +3 spd, an effect which triggers when within 2 spaces from an ally he shares a support with, maybe he could get atk/spd/def/res +3 during combat, and as a refine +10 dmg when activating his special, with the same "within 2 spaces from supported ally" condition

That would be nice, though maybe a bit too busted? I dunno, I'm not that great at seeing if something is too broken or not. xP

The first set of seasonals!  Xander's attack is just sad, Lucina's in the same boat as Xander if she's -Atk (but at least can go -blade to make up for it a little), and Chrom's been edged out by just about every other infantry axe since.  Camilla still has her -raven function, but Laevatinn does her job better (and this annoys me greatly).

This is a tricky thing to answer for me. Do I think they need to be empowered somehow? Yeah. Specifically via refine? Not necessarily. I just think that they need to be buffed in general. I'm not picky about how they do it, so long as it works.