I dont know who to marry?

I'm at the point where you decide who to marry and I'm not sure who I should choose. I'm currently looking at a three way tie between Ingrid, Annete and Flyne. 

I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and I've mostly enjoyed my first playthrough with the Blue Lions, although Dimitry and Filix nearly ruined it as I really couldn't stand them and their personalities. To the point I've barely been playing and taken months just on the one route.

Anyway enough rambling and back to the topic, I also have Mercedes as an option but I don't like her. I find her to sickly sweet. I've enjoyed my time with Ingrid, Annette and Flyne and will probably have to re watch all their supports I've unlocked before I make a final decision. But I was hoping for a little input/advice. 

Also if someone could tell me how to create a poll if its possible I would be grateful. 

I couldn't stand Mercedes at first, but she's really grown on me. Her voice is at odds with her personality. She actually has a core of steel, and has simply made a conscious choice to be a positive, loving, supportive person in a pretty shitty world. But don't mind me, I love them all and can never choose which one to marry. 

1 hour ago, Sir_Sparhawk said:

Also if someone could tell me how to create a poll if its possible I would be grateful. 

When creating a forum topic like this one, there are two buttons on top of the title & content text boxes. One of them says "content", and the other says "poll". Click the one that says, "poll" to create a poll. 

As for who to marry, it doesn't really matter gameplay-wise as S-Support only really affects paired endings. If you really can't choose which one you most want Byleth to marry out of the three of them, then I suggest thinking about which two of the three do you like the idea of seeing end up with two the other characters. Then have those two A-Support the two people you want them to end up with, and pick the remainder for Byleth. 

For me, when I get around to my Blue Lions playthrough, I'm probably going with Ingrid (or Mercedes, but probably Ingrid). But that's just me and I have yet to do a Blue Lions playthrough. 

Edited by vanguard333

First, you'll need to find common ground with someone.  Try to keep conversation light for the first few dates, and get a feel for their personality.  Assuming the conversation flows naturally, you'll touch on the heavier subjects like politics and religion.  After, that--

Oh, wait, marrying someone IN THREE HOUSES!  Oops.  S-supports are mostly flavor - as in, a scene at the end followed by a paired ending.  If you absolutely can't decide, leave it up to a dice roll or something, or look up the remaining endings on YouTube.  Or leave Byleth unpaired, as they have a cool ending for that, too!

37 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

For me, when I get around to my Blue Lions playthrough, I'm probably going with Ingrid (or Mercedes, but probably Ingrid). But that's just me and I have yet to do a Blue Lions playthrough. 

I have a save the Sunday directly before you make the choice so part of me is tempted to just cheese it and keep reloading to see all the possible endings.

12 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

I vote Annette. She's just friggin' adorable

It is really tempting, there's a real cuteness factor there, especially when she sings.

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

First, you'll need to find common ground with someone.  Try to keep conversation light for the first few dates, and get a feel for their personality.  Assuming the conversation flows naturally, you'll touch on the heavier subjects like politics and religion.  After, that--

That's where I've been going wrong!

Hmm... depends on which character you want to see without a nose.

It's no secret that the ending marriage reward is... basically a CG still of questionable quality (funny enough the CGs of the male partners are better done).  And there's the ending narration/confession dialogue.  It isn't like Awakening or Fates where choice in marriage has gameplay ramifications as well.

In terms of the CGs, Annette and Ingrid's stills... well, they're not too weird-looking.  Flayn actually looks like she has a nose, so she's one of the better-looking CGs.  Same goes for Mercedes.  None of them are quite like looking at Edelgard's... derpy CG face, I'll say that much.

In terms of the actual content of the confession and endgame narration.  Well, I can't really speak to it much.  I like that Mercedes' story leads up to her choosing to marry whomever she wants instead of whomever her father wants her to marry, Annette's just simply very likable to me, and Byleth's one of the partners for Ingrid that won't make her give up her dream of becoming a knight.  I would make comments about marrying Flayn, but if Seteth doesn't somehow manifest into a real-life person and snuff my life first then I know @Silafante will come around to the life-snuffing part in Seteth's stead in time.

I think my recommendation would ultimately be Ingrid or Mercedes.

It's inconsequential as far as gameplay goes, so it's the sort of decision that is really up to you. The one thought I insert into the decision is whether the character is someone I find fitting for the Fire Emblem MC, or whether I connect with the character so much I make the decision on whether my IRL self would marry someone like that. 

The title of this topic is a whole mood XD

I always choose whoever feels right or which relationship would be most relevant to the story.  Among the characters that you listed...I would probably go with Flayn.  Like others have said, it's not too important gameplay speaking.  It just depends on who you like best 😉

Flayn is adorable but I personally I wouldn't marry her because I hate how she's also the "It's okay, I'm actually 100 yrs old !" trope, but that's just me. Annette is cute too, and Ingrid is underrated.

I vote either Ingrid or Annette !

18 minutes ago, Eurydice said:

Flayn is adorable but I personally I wouldn't marry her because I hate how she's also the "It's okay, I'm actually 100 yrs old !" trope, but that's just me. Annette is cute too, and Ingrid is underrated.

I vote either Ingrid or Annette !

At least it is a bit mitigated by Flayn not being too much younger (physically speaking) than the other students. Her age is listed as "17 (by appearance)". That's still younger than anyone else post-timeskip, but at least she isn't physically a child. I still wouldn't, and the trope is still there, but at least it is heavily downplayed compared to characters like Nowi. 

By the way, Seteth's age is listed as "26 (by appearance)". I'm sorry, but to me, Seteth, in terms of physical age, resembles my uncle, who's 41. While my uncle can pass for early thirties, he can't pass for 26, and it's the same with Seteth. 

Edited by vanguard333

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

At least it is a bit mitigated by Flayn not being too much younger (physically speaking) than the other students. Her age is listed as "17 (by appearance)". That's still younger than anyone else post-timeskip, but at least she isn't physically a child. I still wouldn't, and the trope is still there, but at least it is heavily downplayed compared to characters like Nowi. 

Nowi...

Image result for headache gif

Why Intelligent Systems.....w h y 

Edited by Eurydice

Just now, Eurydice said:

Nowi...

Image result for headache gif

I agree. 

13 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Manuela for sure. Why would you settle for a girl when you can have a real woman?

A number of reasons really; one that comes to mind is that, post-timeskip, Byleth is chronologically 26 (while physically still around 21 thanks to the Crest Stone inside them) while she's 39. Also, her personality is not very appealing, and her alcoholism is probably unaffordable in the long term on a teacher's salary. 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

By the way, Seteth's age is listed as "26 (by appearance)". I'm sorry, but to me, Seteth, in terms of physical age, resembles my uncle, who's 41. While my uncle can pass for early thirties, he can't pass for 26, and it's the same with Seteth. 

Yeah, I remember the first time I did the Seteth/Flayn paralogue, he's like "Fortunately I am rather young for my age. We pass for siblings quite well, don't you think?" My exact words were "...I'll be polite and say yes..."

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Hmm... depends on which character you want to see without a nose.

It's no secret that the ending marriage reward is... basically a CG still of questionable quality (funny enough the CGs of the male partners are better done).  And there's the ending narration/confession dialogue.  It isn't like Awakening or Fates where choice in marriage has gameplay ramifications as well.

In terms of the CGs, Annette and Ingrid's stills... well, they're not too weird-looking.  Flayn actually looks like she has a nose, so she's one of the better-looking CGs.  Same goes for Mercedes.  None of them are quite like looking at Edelgard's... derpy CG face, I'll say that much.

In terms of the actual content of the confession and endgame narration.  Well, I can't really speak to it much.  I like that Mercedes' story leads up to her choosing to marry whomever she wants instead of whomever her father wants her to marry, Annette's just simply very likable to me, and Byleth's one of the partners for Ingrid that won't make her give up her dream of becoming a knight.  I would make comments about marrying Flayn, but if Seteth doesn't somehow manifest into a real-life person and snuff my life first then I know @Silafante will come around to the life-snuffing part in Seteth's stead in time.

I think my recommendation would ultimately be Ingrid or Mercedes.

I can attest to this.

Anyways, it might be helpful to ask what your type is. As in, what type of girl you like.

And I usually do mostly consider the stuff up to the A-support as the main meat of the decision, as I’d have no way to know what the future holds when placing myself in Byleth’s shoes.

14 hours ago, Eurydice said:

Where do you find that out? I had guessed she was a lot older than everyone else but no where has it been out right stated to me.

I've been abusing my save before you choose who to s rank with and I've gotten pretty good at blitzing through the last two maps with just four people, I did the first one properly and saw Sothis's S-rank.

I also did one to see if theres a cut scene when no one is chosen, Flyne's and if just done one for Mecedes. 

And just incase anyone was curious what "team" I was using it's Great Lord Dimitri, Bishop Mecedes, Dancer Flyne and Enlightened Byleth with the chalice from Cindered Shadows equipped. 

23 minutes ago, Sir_Sparhawk said:

Where do you find that out? I had guessed she was a lot older than everyone else but no where has it been out right stated to me.

With as little spoilers as possible: next time you are able, get Seteth/Flayn to A support. You'll learn something interesting.

22 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

With as little spoilers as possible: next time you are able, get Seteth/Flayn to A support. You'll learn something interesting.

Ah yeah. I kept Flayn by me and my advance group since she's my dancer and Seteth is normally Ingrid's adjunct who's normallyoff doing her own thing with Sylvain. 

I'm planning on doing a church run next so I should be able to get that done then.

43 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Is it what I'm already suspecting it is after seeing Linhardt and Flayn's C-Support?

Spoiler

Flayn and Seteth are Cethleann and Chicol, respectively?

43 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Is it what I'm already suspecting it is after seeing Linhardt and Flayn's C-Support?

Reveal hidden contents

Flayn and Seteth are Cethleann and Chicol, respectively?

To answer that question...

Their birthdays is the key to that answer... though its not really hard to figure it out at all

As for this question I really like Hapi, and being married to her makes her life better (similar to Byleth being married to Lysethia gives Lysethia one of her few endings that actually let her live a full life... the saddest of her endings is pretty much Felix X Lysethia…)