Fire Emblem: The Ruined World (Act 1- Clandestine Crusade)

AnonymousSpeed

"Yeah, you see combat isn't neither of our strong suit. I'm a mage on a wyvern and there could be thunder mages or archers with Dragon Arrows or those evil Wrymslayers."

"Karen is a songstress who only heals. I don't think that's a good strategy, Charlie."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

"W-would that b-be a g-good id-dea?" She asked. "If there are M-M-Masked, it would n-not be s-safe for us t-two a-a-ah..."

She quickly dug into her pocket, brought up her handkerchief, and just in time covered her mouth at the incoming sneeze.

"... alone," she finished.

"Bless you," said Charlemagne. He considered how to word his response for a second. "I wouldn't say sending you with Noelle would be the best way to go about it."

On 1/19/2021 at 9:54 PM, OutcastsofRelix said:

"Yeah, you see combat isn't neither of our strong suit. I'm a mage on a wyvern and there could be thunder mages or archers with Dragon Arrows or those evil Wrymslayers."

"Karen is a songstress who only heals. I don't think that's a good strategy, Charlie."

"Um...you could take Butter with you?"

53 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Um...you could take Butter with you?"

“That's probably not a great idea, conisidering how heavy all of my armor is. Might be best if we all just walk, probably not a good idea to split up in the dark."

On 1/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, Pengaius said:

“That's probably not a great idea, considering how heavy all of my armor is. Might be best if we all just walk, probably not a good idea to split up in the dark."

"That would also be a possibility, though we would risk being spotted by Masked in other fortifications along the path. That makes three options so far."

"We could seek out the cave Butter mentioned and take shelter there for the night, we could fly two people up to the fort by the entrance to scout it out, or we could simply walk through the pass and take the long way to that fort. Are there any other suggestions anyone would like to make known? Any other preferences as to our course of action?"

"Th-thank you," Karen said to the Patron's 'bless you'.

Shortly after...

"C-certainly not w-walking through th-the pass," she replied to the query. "In r-regards to the f-fort, is th-there a way you c-could telep-port us there, S-sir Charlemagne? M-maybe if you w-were the one t-to go with L-lady Noelle...?"

For all the times he has shown to teleport himself and others, hopefully teleporting people to him (separate from using those tentacles again; though if it meant possibly reaching a more accommodating place than the cave, Karen was seriously reconsidering...) was also something he could do.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

"C-certainly not w-walking through th-the pass," she replied to the query. "In r-regards to the f-fort, is th-there a way you c-could telep-port us there, S-sir Charlemagne? M-maybe if you w-were the one t-to go with L-lady Noelle...?"

"...yes, I suppose I could. My apologies, I should have thought of that. The terrains a bit more unfamiliar than at the plateau so it might be a bit more difficult, but so long as I'm warping somewhere I can see, it's possible. I could take one or two of you with me at a time."

'You should probably bring me or Toki with you before you go blindly teleporting, in case you run into trouble. Better safe than sorry.'

• 2 weeks later...

"Right then. Well, just stand still, and I'll-" Charlie placed his hands on Toki's shoulders, and in a flash they vanished. Some distance ahead and above, the rest of the group saw another faint glimmer as they reappeared in front of the fort, a foot or so above the ground. Quickly the fell from that height, landed on their feet, and took note of their surroundings.

The base of the bunker was circular, with a chord being another cliffside stretching higher up than the forward face. The walls were made of stone and rose about four feet up, a stone dome served as the roof and a long window stretched for most of the bulwark's perimeter, an occasional pillar interrupting it. Toki could see a larger opening in the back through the window, a sort of open door. He could also make out that the floor was dug down, based on the height of the three sets of glowing red eyes.

Three Masked were visible. Two ran to the back, probably to circle back around. The third could barely be seen drawing a bow.

Time to act fast.

• 4 weeks later...

Charlemagne threw himself behind Toki as the Masked released her arrow.

Spoiler

Masked Archer attacks

• 13 damage, 72 hit, 0 crit
  • Hit: (40 + 32) / 2 = 37

Toki gets hit (5/18)

Toki gains 1 EXP (73/100)

The bolt dug inside Toki's shoulder. His iron lance was in hand and his javelin out of his immediate reach, leaving him unable to retaliate. Meanwhile, the two other Masked shimmied along the thin edge between the encampment and the cliffside, while the archer began preparing another arrow.

"Perhaps now would be a good time to retreat," sputtered the cowering patron.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

...Shoot, that's not good. Then again, blindly warping up was probably not the brightest idea. That's two mistakes Harriet would have laughed at so far, heh.

"I wouldn't mind that idea-"

This would be tricky, though - the three Masked could quickly inform any others in the area if they weren't dispatched immediately.

...Well, no one lives forever. Watch over me, V.

"Aight, here's what we do." Toki lightly tapped the card in his pocket for luck, gauging the height of the wall and noting the other two Masked - both wielding Axes - had made it far enough along the edge that it would take them a bit to turn around and get back. "Either throw something and knock one of those two off the edge, or warp back and grab me a Healer."

With that, he jumped through the window and charged the Archer, swapping for his Iron Axe.

One chance - if I can just break her Bow.

"Throw what?!" Charlemagne shouted, but Toki had already throw himself through the stone-framed window and engaged his attacker.

Spoiler

Toki attacks

• 11 damage, 80 hit, 4 crit
  • Hit: (7 + 63) / 2 = 35
  • Crit: 79

The axe cuts across the archer's abdomen (8/19)

Toki gains 11 exp (84/100)

The patron looked around in a panic, quickly realizing he had no idea what he was actually looking for and electing to instead get some backup. There was a flash of light, and then he was gone.

Back on the ground, some thirty meters away, another blinding flash appeared in the midst of Cantus, Karen, Noelle and Butter.

"Three Masked!" yelled the patron, pointing to the fort. "We need to send help to Toki immediately! Two of you, with me! I'll warp up there again and Noelle can take the last of you. Come on now, no delays!"

"T-take me with you!" Karen quickly said.

Best to send someone to patch up injuries up there asap, after all.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Without awaiting further input, the patron grabbed the first two volunteers. A few preparatory moments later and they vanished behind a shining veil, leaving Noelle and Cantus to catch up the old fashioned way.

The archer stumbled back from the force of Toki's blow, scurrying just past the rear opening and hurriedly drawing an arrow.

Spoiler

Masked Archer attacks

• 13 damage, 74 hit, 0 crit
  • Hit: (20+56) / 2 = 38

Toki activates Miracle! (1/18)

Toki was unable to dodge, but fortune smiled upon him. Being aimed in such a rush, the arrow hit a comparatively non-vital region of his side, though it did still hit.

Barely after Toki had been struck, light flooded from behind him. Had he turned around, he would have seen Charlemagne standing where he had been a few moments before, now accompanied by Karen and Butter. The two Masked from before had by this point reached the main plateau, and though it took them a moment to process the new arrivals, they quickly attacked. One, weighed down by heavy armor, tried to catch up as the other swung its axe at the most fragile seeming target- Karen.

Spoiler

Masked Fighter attacks

• 17 Damage, 66 hit, 0 crit
  • Hit: (76+79)/2 = 77

Karen reacts with lightening speed! She dodges a heavy overhead swing which chips the stone below. (16/16)

It was a good thing that the urgency of helping Toki had Karen fired up in spite of the freezing rain, otherwise perhaps she wouldn't have reacted in time to the axe wing.

"Eek!"

Her movement brought her against the bunker window. As if for dramatic timing, lightning flashed at that moment. With its light, from her peripheral vision she glimpsed the forms of the last Masked and Toki, the latter in quite a bad shape. It was clear what she had to do.

"I w-will help T-T-oki," she announced, before carefully dropping down into the bunker, healing staff at the ready.

And get out of this rain, she added in her thoughts.

Hopefully it wasn't too late to avoid sickness...

• 2 weeks later...

Toki dropped his axe and took up his iron lance- with a sudden lurch he thrust at the Masked with the swagger and certainty of a man recently reinforced.

Spoiler

Toki attacks Masked Archer with an Iron Lance

• 9 damage, 100 Hit, 4 Crit
  • Crit: 6

The lance pierces the bowwoman's chest (0/19)

Toki gains 31 EXP (115/100 -> 15/100)

Toki gains 2 Lance wEXP (38/70)

Toki gains a level up!

Spoiler

HP up!

Magic up!

Skill up!

Luck up!

Defense up!

Resistance up!

The archer disintegrated into red dust, which fell to the wet ground and turned to mud in the chilling rain.

Karen slipped into the newly cleared rampart. The entrance was not exceptionally low and the drop was not very grand- only a few feet, making the climb rather easy.

Karen uses Heal on Toki.

Spoiler

Toki heals 17 HP (18/19)

Karen gains 11 EXP (110/100 -> 10/100)

Karen gains 2 Staff wEXP (32/70)

Karen gains a level up!

Spoiler

Strength up!

That's it.

Just kidding!

Magic up!

Skill up!

Luck up!

While the singer tended to their ally, Butter grabbed his steel lance and positioned himself between the bunker and the Masked. Charlemagne positioned himself behind Butter.

The two axe wielders closed in on Butter, but were not able to slip past his careful defense.

Spoiler

Masked Fighter attacks Butter using an Iron Axe.

Butter activates Vantage!

• 15 damage, 73 hit, 7 crit
  • Hit: (91+14)/2 = 52
  • Crit: 1

The fighter charged at Butter, axe reared back for a mighty swing, and leapt at him. This foolish maneuver lead to her impaling herself halfway down the length of his lance. (0/20)

Butter gains 25 EXP (99/100)

Butter gains 4 Lance wEXP (90/120)

The next opponent approaches more carefully, with heavier armor and a heavier weapon closer in caliber to Butter's own.

Spoiler

Masked Armor attacks Butter using a Steel Axe.

• 9 damage, 86 hit, 4 crit
  • Hit: (57+29)/2 = 43
  • Crit: 58

Butter crashes his lance against the Masked's shoulder. The concussive knock slows it down, but not to stop its steady march. (15/24)

Masked Armor counters.

• 15 damage, 64 hit, 2 crit
  • Hit: (39+74)/2 = 56
  • Crit: 49

The axe armor pushes through and counters with her own heavy blow to the arm and torso (12/27)

Butter gains 12 EXP (111 -> 11/100)

Butter gains 2 Lance wEXP (92/120)

Butter gains a level up!

Spoiler

HP up!

Strength up!

Speed up!

Luck up!

Resistance up!

Though the battle on the cliff was rushing by in a blur, enough time had passed for Cantus and Noelle to finally arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Karen could almost sigh in relief. Now inside the bunker, with Toki having destroyed the Masked, she was finally out of danger from both the Masked and the rain. Well, almost. There was still one Masked outside, and she was still drenched and cold. Still, it was already progress. Turning around, she could see Butter fighting the last of the Masked, but he wasn't in good shape. She frowned. He wasn't quite near the bunker window, and she doubted she could climb back up. And yet...

She looked down at her staff.

I wonder...

She quickly went back to the window. Placing a hand almost on the lower end of the staff, she extended her arm out the window as far she could in Butter's direction, while concentrating.

Please reach him.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:01 AM, OutcastsofRelix said:

"Don't tell me you forgot about us already, Charlie!", Noelle said as she soared over the battlefield.

The patron looked up to the silhouette of a wyvern and sighed in relief. "Oh no, not at all!"

Karen rushed over with her heal staff in hand. She thrust it through the open window of the bulwark, nearly knocking Charlie's head in the process, and infused Butter with a healing light.

Spoiler

Butter heals 18 HP (27/27)

Karen gains 11 EXP (21/100)

Karen gains 2 Staff wEXP (34/70)

The armored Masked reared her axe back, ready to bring it down for a seconds strike.

Spoiler

• 9 damage, 86 hit, 4 crit
  • Hit: (29+0)/2 = 14
  • Crit: 7

Butter takes another stab at his attacker, but the blow is partly deflected by armor, leaving a deep but non-lethal cut (6/24)

Masked Armor counters.

• 15 damage,  64 hit, 2 crit
  • Hit: (32+97) / 2 =64.5 (A 64 is a miss)

The Masked lunges forward at Charlemagne and Butter, swinging the axe in a massive yet sudden arc. The knight's armor would have been crushed by the blow, as would have the patron's skull. Each quickly sidestepped, and by a slim margin. Butter would have dodged the blow by mere inches had the Masked not been carried forward by the attack, pushing him out of the way, and a tassel was chopped off of Charlie's robe as the axe buried itself in the stone wall.

Butter gains 11 EXP (22/100)

Butter gains 2 Lance wEXP (94/120)

Cantus charged up the hill, frequently stopping to catch his breath.

G-goodness, I hadn't realized how many cookies I'd eaten until now...

Once he finally arrived on the scene, he quickly attempted to cast a spell, prudently aiming to avoid Charlemagne and the dairy product.

"BLAPARIUS FLUX!"

Edited by Benice

Cantus attacks the knight using Flux!

Spoiler

Cantus attacks

• 12 damage, 94 hit, 5 crit
  • Hit: (33+16)/2 = 24
  • Crit: 89

The knight turns around just in time to witness the blow which destroys it (0/24)

Cantus gains 34 EXP (100 -> 0/100)

Cantus gains 4 Tome wEXP (100/120)

Cantus gains a level up!

Spoiler

Magic up!

Defense up!

Charlemagne stumbled back, leaning against the wall to catch his breath. The figure inside the armor disintegrated, and the armor soon followed. That was all of the Masked, for now. Everyone had a moment to catch up, reposition, and collect themselves.

"Right. That was a good bit of excitement," began Charlemagne, looking over the edge and down the canyon. "I don't suspect any other encampments heard all that, or else we would have some reinforcements coming this way already. The storm might have disguised some of the sound." The patron wiped some rain from his face. "I hope this little scouting mission found out...whatever we needed to. We shouldn't idle here for too long. I doubt tomorrow will pass without them figuring out we were here. We might have the night, though."