Fire Emblem: The Ruined World (Act 1- Clandestine Crusade)

AnonymousSpeed

"I am n-not heading back to the r-rain," Karen protested. "We sh-should take this opport-t-tunity to rest. Is th-that not w-what we came up here f-for?"

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cantus shook off the rain from the cover of his tome.

"You displayed great fortitude in coming this far, Miss Karin."

The bookworm chuckled softly at his own joke before clearing his throat.

"I concur with her statement. It would be wise to search the fort in case anything else lies in wait, but it should serve as a nice resting spot."

Charlie thought for a moment. "I suppose we did come here in the hopes of finding a suitable place to spend the night." He sat himself on the barricade window and slipped through to the other side, wiping wet hair from his eyes. He addressed the party members were they stood, whether that was inside or out.

"We can stay for the night here. Perhaps they won't check in on us, but I'd be thinking of how to move on by. With both sides of the pass essentially being under Masked control, it might not be inconceivable to brute force our way through- though such is unlikely to be preferable."

Now did Karen sighed in relief.

At last, we can take refuge from the rain, she thought. Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow.

Being inside the bunker was thankfully already taking effect, secured from the rain and the worst of the cold. Though she was still soaking wet, with drenched clothes, and likely to catch a cold or worse at this rate. Better start to rectify all that.

"In that c-case," she said, "we should s-start a fire to dry ourselves, or find if th-this place has proper bed-d-ding. Or, or..."

She brought a hand to her pocket, extracting her handkerchief again, and sneezed against it again.

"You would n-not happen to have spare c-clothes among your possessions, S-Sir Charlemagne?"

"Bless you."

A quick scan of the barricade revealed a disappointing lack of pillows and blankets, nor were there any shelves or boxes which might have been hiding them. "Unfortunately not, it would seem that whatever bedding was kept here was taken off or thrown away when it was overtaken. I do have two spare robes, the tents from last night, and a small cushion, but aside from that it's just what you all have with you."