Fire Emblem: The Ruined World (Act 1- Clandestine Crusade)

AnonymousSpeed

Charlemagne looked back over his shoulder to the plateau. "I suppose we could afford to make camp up there tonight..."

He nodded. "Yes, if that's agreeable to you all, we can remain in place for now. As for getting atop the plateau. I can bring one or two of you with me while warping myself there, provided you would rather that than fetch a ride on Noelle's, um, lovely wyvern."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think I'll walk. In the meantime I'll do a spot of hunting, see if I can't get a few rabbits or a wild boar, maybe try to find a few mushrooms or wild vegetables, dont want a meal to be too gamey. Hope one of ya knows how to cook, don't let me near a skillet if you like your food edible."

"I would like to walk, if that is not a problem. My wife and I walk with each other often...It would be rather soothing for me to keep that habit."

• 2 weeks later...

"I would not mind warping, in that case," Karen replied. At least we saw him warp before, she thought, remembering when he first revealed himself to them.

She then turned back to face Noelle.

"I suppose our earlier arrangement will have to wait until tomorrow, then," she said. Hopefully she will not have changed her mind by then, she added in her thoughts.

6 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

"Fine by me then, but Cantus you must really miss your wife huh would be bad if she was pregnant and you died..."

"Ah...Yes, that would be an undesirable situation. Nevertheless, I must persist to move forward and survive until I may reunite with her once more. Now then, I shall begin my route up to the plateau."

"Right then, you enjoy all enjoy your walks," said Charlemagne with a nod. "We'll meet you atop the plateau later. Do be quick, though, if you can." The patron shuffled over to Toki and Karen. "Now, if I may, I'll just, um...touch your shoulders for a moment-" Which, with some discomfort, he did. In one burst of light they vanished, and in another they appeared on the plateau.

There was an odd apparatus there which hadn't been visible from the ground. A grand iron rod was stuck in the middle of a circle, along which ten smaller copper rods had been erected. On each copper rod was a small, dead octopus. "We should probably begin setting up camp," said Charlemagne, placing his bag on the ground. Tarps and tamping rods were hurled out from it.

Night had just fallen by the time camp was ready, long enough for everyone to be arrive. A ring of stones was arranged around a bundle of sticks and a small log. In an arc to one side were the tents, their backs facing the edge of the plateau and their fronts facing the fire and copper rods.

"Now, uh...we only have three tents," noted Charlemagne. "Now that everyone is here, now is a good time to decide how their division among us will be resolved."

Charlemagne thought back to what Butter had said earlier. "Can anyone here cook?"

“I can throw something together. Butter and I probably won’t mind it.” Toki shrugged. “I can’t guarantee the ladies will enjoy it, though, so perhaps someone else would be best.”

Cantus looked back to his time of study in the university he once called home, thinking of the endless books he had read, hoping to locate a recipe.

"I suppose I do not lack the knowledge to prepare some nourishing fare, but I do fear I lack the skill to use that knowledge. I do not object to trying, but my wife did not lie when she said I could burn a salad."

The warping had been quite an experience, but one thing was clear. Much better than being summoned, definitely, Karen concluded.

So now they were camping atop the plateau.

"Sorry, I do not," Karen shook her head in reply to the cooking question; "but I would be willing to learn, though, if needed."

Well, I've bagged 6 rabbits if you can make anything with them, and a couple of wild potatoes as well. In regards to the tents though, I'd rather sleep outside, under the stars, so whatever is decided I won't need tent space. Anyhow give me a couple of minutes to skein the rabbits before they can be cooked. 

9 hours ago, Pengaius said:

"In regards to the tents though, I'd rather sleep outside, under the stars, so whatever is decided I won't need tent space."

"I had assumed you'd say that," mumbled Charlemagne, not ungratefully.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

"I could make some curry if needed?"

"I'm afraid I don't have many spices," said the Patron. "Merely nutmeg and some bay leaves. Oh, and salt of course. Perhaps we can just roast the rabbits once they're prepared, that should be simple enough."

"I'll assume we want the tents to be, uh..." Charlie put his palms together and then parted them. "Segregated. Cantus, Toki, would you mind sharing a tent?"

Charlemagne stopped for a second to hear answers. "So...where's everybody from?"

" House Altyna was located in Burnish of the Auran Empire, my brother and I did many tasks for our parents traveling all over Auran."

"When the Masked attacked House Altyna was the last to fall, but before then our parents sent me and my brother to the church before it began... I hope to find my brother during this quest."

On 5/31/2020 at 9:26 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm afraid I don't have many spices," said the Patron. "Merely nutmeg and some bay leaves. Oh, and salt of course. Perhaps we can just roast the rabbits once they're prepared, that should be simple enough."

"That shall indeed satisfy my palette for today. I've never been one to eat lots... Books were more nourishing to me than anything else. Hm, perhaps that's why my arms are flimsy..."

"I'll assume we want the tents to be, uh..." Charlie put his palms together and then parted them. "Segregated. Cantus, Toki, would you mind sharing a tent?"

"This arrangement will suffice. I do hope that my snoring does not put you off, friend."

"So...where's everybody from?"

"My family has been in Hearth for as long as anyone can remember. T'was there where I spent most of my days reading and accumulating knowledge, living a quiet and uneventful life until I embarked on a trip to analyze the geological formation of pebbles in Burnish, where I found a woman being harassed by the masked. Together, we fought them off, before leaving to the highlands to treat her wounds safely. We eventually fell in love, got married and decided to try to help innocents swept up by the calamity as much as possible. And...Unless I'm forgetting something, that brings us to where we are today."

Edited by Benice

I think that should be obvious enough, Karen thought at having the tents segregated.

Soon another topic was brought up.

"I grew up at the mouth of the Ivory River, back at Cardinal," she replied. "My family, who are merchants, has lived there for generations. Though for obvious reasons, we were forced to move to Bight." She then sighed, "I can only hope my disappearance has not cause too much trouble."

“As I said earlier, I doubt that any of you would be familiar with my village, Glossaballa. I've lived there most of my life with my Ma, a blacksmith, the one who made my armour in fact, and my Pa a former priest of Philotes. I also got a sister and a brother, both younger. Nowadays, I jump from job to job, to get a bit of extra gold to help out back home. Our village is better off than most, but it's still pretty bad, with more refugees every day. Anyhow, enough about me. Toki, you're up."

"Shared tents is fine, a gambler learns to make do with however the cards fall." Toki nodded to Cantus. "As for where I come from, you know Lode? On Red Clay Isle? My mother came from the mining community, my father was a potter trying to see if the clay there would be usable. Personally I never saw the appeal of the place, nowhere near enough rain for my tastes. Regardless, I left after my...family, suffered a tragedy, started traveling. I've seen more of Weal than probably anyone here except Butter, never been in the Highlands, and run into a lot of people - Cantus here is actually the second Armored Mage I've met in my life."
Heh, let them chew on that for a couple days...

"My, quite a diverse group," said the patron. Hopefully they'd get along.

"Well...as mentioned earlier, my name is Charlemagne, you probably know where I'm from. Hopefully our quest will allow those displaced individuals among us to restore some semblance of normalcy to our homes, and we can all go back to our families. I assume that's what most of you want." Charlie glanced over at Toki briefly. "It would seem most of us have people we should like to reunite with."

"If the rabbits are done being skinned, we can go ahead and roast them," and such was done. The meat was salted and stuck on wooden spits, then put over the fire. Greasy fumes and smoke wafted into the nighttime air. The occasional turn and they were soon done and only partly burnt. "Well, that didn't turn out too badly, I don't think."

Charlemagne pulled a ceramic plate from his bag and put his portion of the rabbit on it. "I prefer to eat alone, if that's quite alright. It seems we have a quite well traveled group, at least between Butter and Toki and Noelle, so I'm sure you all can find something to talk about. Or, uh...I suppose you could just turn in as well. Anyway. I'll be in my tent." With a smile and nod, the patron disappeared into the northernmost tent, the one furthest right to those facing them from the front.

"I'm afraid there isn't much to me either before or after the Masked." Toki chuckled. "I play games, I chat up women. Occasionally before the Masked attacked I had to deal with Nortian disciples who thought I was a hypocrite for following her despite my personal theories, but much of a traveling gambler's life is honestly rather stereotypically humdrum, even if you get to meet interesting people on the way."

"As for my family, I don't know - I was on the far north of the continent when the Masked attacked, and haven't seen them yet. I imagine my parents are dead, which honestly isn't that different from their normal life - wake up, work, go to bed. If you ask me you may as well not be living at all if you don't even take time to enjoy anything."

"So, what of the rest of you? Lady Noelle's mentioned her family, Cantus has his wife, what about you, Lady Karen? You mentioned wanting to send a message home, I imagine there was someone you were worried about in your absence?"

"That is a harsh thing to say," Karen said. "Did you really not mourn for them? In any case, it may be possible for your parents to still be alive. Perhaps they were able to flee the island, or went into hiding. The mines of Lode no doubt might provide shelter or a chance to elude the Masked. As for your question, well yes, my family of course. As well as many others. They must be very distraught over my disappearance by this point."

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

" What about you Charlie do YOU have any family?"

Charlemagne popped his head our of the tent upon hearing his name called. "I used to, but uh...not recently."

The patron paused. "My relationship with my fellow patrons and the Four was...generally amiable? I suppose a bit less so with Nortia at this point. Regardless, I'm not sure of where they would be, beyond some hearsay."