Jump to content
AnonymousSpeed

Fire Emblem: The Ruined World (Act 1- Clandestine Crusade)

Recommended Posts

"What about this mysterious woman Tobias saw, she could be in grave danger and any others she was with."

"If they were to die it would be on your hands would it not Charles and the goddess would certainly not be happy with you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cantus, despite his best efforts, didn't end up contributing much to the search. He ended up spending most of his time studying a strange woodland squirrel of abnormal size. When Charlemagne assembled his miniscule cohort, Cantus joined them.

On 9/6/2020 at 12:31 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Charlie stood up, placing the herb in his bag. "Now would be a good time to turn around," he said, brushing himself off. "If we are to be back at camp on schedule, that is. We mustn't forget about the time the return trip will take."

Cantus nodded. "Very well, then. I suppose we should prepare for an early awakening on the morrow? The journey ahead is long, and moving the goalposts, so to speak, may be the best way to evade danger at this point in time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

"If they were to die it would be on your hands would it not Charles and the goddess would certainly not be happy with you!"

Charlemagne wasn't quite sure if Noelle meant the four or herself. "Well, I suppose not, but..."

On 9/10/2020 at 11:10 AM, Benice said:

Cantus nodded. "Very well, then. I suppose we should prepare for an early awakening on the morrow? The journey ahead is long, and moving the goalposts, so to speak, may be the best way to evade danger at this point in time."

"Hm...there seems to be two competing suggestions here. On one hand, we can return to camp as planned, like Cantus says. On the other, we might press forward just a bit longer, on the off chance we might find the girl, as Noelle says."

Charlemagne tapped his foot in thought. "I didn't mention this earlier, but I suppose I should bring up the possibility before we decide. The woman Toki saw does seem to be of some importance to us. I think it most likely that she was some sort of Masked scout. We can continue the search for her if that's what you all wish, but I would keep that in mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hm...While I do think it is foolish to continue our pursuit, as it is a shot in the dark, so to speak, sometimes allowing our emotions to overrule our judgement allows for the kinder choices. I will support Lady Noelle's decision to extend our search, so long as the party agrees as well."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I suppose we should spend a bit more time looking for the woman Toki saw, but we should hurry, there's no telling when the masked will attack again." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I’ll go either way, but if we’re going to keep searching I agree we should move quickly.” Intriguing - absolutely no trace of a trail, not so much as a footprint. Even Masked leave steps behind them, the kid showed me how to tell them from regular ones. Just what was she, hm? This is going to be very enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I say, we should return and start heading west," Karen said. "This woman was likely one of the Masked we fought. Perhaps even that High Masked. We would have already learn of otherwise if not. Found her corpse if not come to our aid during the battle. This was a bad idea since the beginning. More so if there are more Masked in the area. The runaways are bound to have alerted them of our presence soon if not already."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlemagne looked around nervously. "Oh, bother. That's Noelle, Cantus, and Butter for. Karen against. We'll push forward a bit longer, but no more than a few minutes. We must add the same amount to our return trip."

"Noelle can carry one person with her. Since she can fly ahead of the rest of, we should decide who will go with her. In the event that she encounters any trouble, we would want her to be in an effective team with someone. Who will that be?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For once? Karen thought with some indignation at the woman's words.

However, she knew better than to start an argument right there and then.

"Will that be alright?" she instead asked, though not without a hint of deadpan.

If someone had a different choice, they better speak it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cantus beamed happily at Karen and Noelle, glad that the pair had already seemed to have formed a bond. They already seemed so familiar and casual together.

"While I do think that it would be regrettable to split Miss Karen and Lady Noelle up, our esteemed colleague Toki is the most likely candidate to locate our quarry, as he is the one who caught a glimpse of her and would know what we would be looking for, as in the dusk's light, looks can decieve. Why, that reminds me of the time I went camping with my wife and accidentally wound up sleeping next to some hibernating bears instead of the cave where we'd pitched our tent."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So Tobi are you sure you want to go with me?"

Noelle really wanted to go with Karen as she seemed like a lady who could get things done but not now as they would both end up getting killed. So she had to go with the safer option Tobi... or was it Tony?

the noblewoman thought to herself confused on her servant/comrade's name.

Edited by PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll work with whoever I need to, I'd be glad to accompany you and your wyvern, Lady Noelle." Married, probably. Forgetful about names, noted. Excuse to not practice, never. "Quite a lovely creature as well, if I may be so bold. You said her name was...Anthiese, yes? I seem to recall reading that name in my - friend's...a book she had, 'Shadows over Valentina' or something like that, quite a queenly name for a queenly wyvern."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" Yes the great Queen Anthiese and her pilgrimage to find the goddess Mina and how she went to become the Empress of a United Valentina and wed her childhood friend Alistair I believe, I kind of forgot his name because he wasn't that important in the story at least to me but to my brother he meant everything it's what inspired him to be a knight... so Toki was it I've never heard of that name before are one of your parents from foreign lands?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No, it's not my given name - a barmaid called me that, apparently some kind of insult in her native tongue, and I went with it. I'd prefer to keep my given name to myself for the time being, my apologies for the slight rudeness of it. Well, with that, let's be off, good luck to the rest of you, we'll search for, oh, probably five to ten minutes or so and then fall back to catch up."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Hey Charlie?" Butter spoke up. "Think it would be a good idea if you and one other person go and pack up the tents while the rest of us search for a little while longer? Then when you have the tents packed up you can signal us to stop the search? Since we have more eyes in the sky, we'll need less on the ground and all that and it'll shave a couple of minutes off of the time we'd take getting ready if everyone kept searching."

 

'Hopefully he'll pick up the hint and take Karen out of here. She looks half ready to throttle Noelle over there.' Butter thought to himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

"No, it's not my given name - a barmaid called me that, apparently some kind of insult in her native tongue, and I went with it. I'd prefer to keep my given name to myself for the time being, my apologies for the slight rudeness of it. Well, with that, let's be off, good luck to the rest of you, we'll search for, oh, probably five to ten minutes or so and then fall back to catch up."

"Don't forget that the rest of the party will be behind you," said Charlemagne. "Of course, don't let that restrain you from scouting as far as you can."

 

5 hours ago, Pengaius said:

“Hey Charlie?" Butter spoke up. "Think it would be a good idea if you and one other person go and pack up the tents while the rest of us search for a little while longer? Then when you have the tents packed up you can signal us to stop the search? Since we have more eyes in the sky, we'll need less on the ground and all that and it'll shave a couple of minutes off of the time we'd take getting ready if everyone kept searching."

The patron rubbed his faintly fuzzy chin. "I suppose we could. Though, we should have some means to signal each other." Charlemagne glanced skyward through the branches. "Hm. Karen, you have a mirror, yes? It's a bit cloudy, of course, but we should still be able to use it as a makeshift heliograph. One group can have it to signal the other with in the event of danger."

"In any case, are there any volunteers to return to camp?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just like that, the previous slight had been sidelined by another of Cantus'... stories.

How is he still alive? Karen thought, now slightly dumbfounded, glancing at the man.

Being able to walk out almost unscathed of those situations made it sound like Nortia favored him or something. Anyway, it had been decided for Toki to scout with Noelle.

I have read that book as well, Karen mused at their brief talk, though refrained from commenting.

And now, despite the earlier protest, they were going to search a bit more anyway. While splitting up. She was feeling frustrated again.

Oh Philotes, I wish I was back in Bight.

Alas, that would not be possible at the moment. In the meantime...

"Yes, I have," Karen replied to Charlemagne, digging through her pocket to extract it out again. "I would rather head back already."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Hm, in that case, perhaps Lady Karen had best take...hm, Butter, and head back. A gambler is at his worst when he’s frustrated, and a scout is not much different - forcing someone to go along when they don’t want to may result in less-than-optimal performance.” Not to mention if Karen is going to beat Cantus’ brains out using only that mirror, I absolutely must be there to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright, I'll be ready in just a sec, just have to get a matter taken care of." 

Noelle soared off into the sky to be alone for a minute

Noelle took out a quill, bottle of ink, and a piece of paper from her saddlebag. She didn't know how she would get the letter to her husband and children but she needed to find some creature to send it, to know that they were safe and that Mako and Aelin were getting their proper training and schooling.

Anthiese let out a mix of a growl and a purr, but Noelle knew what that meant she was just as worried about them as she was.

"You miss them too, huh girl?"

Noelle knew they couldn't be in grave danger, after all they have the blood of House Altyna in their veins. Noelle hadn't prayed in years but for some reason she felt like maybe the goddesses could watch over her family.

" Oh Great Goddesses, I ask that you watch over my husband, children, brother, brother in law, and nieces during these dark times. I know I haven't prayed to the four of you in years, I ask you please, please keep them safe.

Edited by PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld
Story Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Right. Well, Karen and I will return to camp. Since Toki mentioned it- Butter, if you'd like to return to camp with us, I'd be more than happy to have your protection. If not, I'm sure the rest of the party would be glad to have it as well."

Charlemagne watched as Noelle's wyvern ascended. "Please do be quick about it!"

He lowered his gaze to Toki and Cantus. "Please do look back towards camp every now and then. If we find ourselves in a spot of trouble, we'll signal you using the mirror. If you find yourselves in trouble, hurry back to camp with all due speed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Butter, if you'd like to return to camp with us, I'd be more than happy to have your protection. If not, I'm sure the rest of the party would be glad to have it as well."

"I would ordinarily go with you but I have a sneaking suspiscion that leaving Cantus alone in the undergrowth would be... unwise, what with all the tripping hazards and unidentified plants." 

Edited by Pengaius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

He lowered his gaze to Toki and Cantus. "Please do look back towards camp every now and then. If we find ourselves in a spot of trouble, we'll signal you using the mirror. If you find yourselves in trouble, hurry back to camp with all due speed."

Cantus nodded.

"Very well. I shall be awaiting your signal attentively! I wish you good luck!"

18 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

"I would ordinarily go with you but I have a sneaking suspiscion that leaving Cantus alone in the undergrowth would be... unwise, what with all the tripping hazards and unidentified plants." 

"Goodness, is your throat all right, Butter? You are barely speaking at a whisper!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Benice said:

"Goodness, is your throat all right, Butter? You are barely speaking at a whisper!"

“P-perfectly fine, just uh, stretching my mouth muscles! Anyhow, lets hop to it!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...