Fire Emblem: The Ruined World (Act 1- Clandestine Crusade)

AnonymousSpeed

"I think it is for the best," Karen commented. "We are already dividing ourselves; best to not go too far."

Here she turned to Charlemagne.

"I suppose if worse comes to worst for us, Sir Charlemagne, we could use your warping magic?"

Certainly, with neither being capable of much in the offensive department, apparently, having an alternative was better than nothing.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2020 at 6:22 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

"I suppose if worse comes to worst for us, Sir Charlemagne, we could use your warping magic?"

"Sir?" Charlie realized he was being spoken to. "Yes, of course. Depending on the nature of the attack, that should be able to keep us safe long enough for help to arrive, or for us to rendezvous with the rest of the party." He glanced around a bit, checking to see that Noelle was still close-ish, height difference aside. It seemed she was. "Well then. I suppose we'll be off. The rest of you can press on, but do remember to head back in a few minutes."

Charlemagne stood in place for a moment.

"Right, off we go," and wordlessly he began to trot back to camp, expecting Karen to follow.

That left the rest of the group to explore a bit longer, and gave them a bit to reassess their surroundings.

All around them were thin trees. The ground was dry and crunchy, covered in dead leaves and branches, with dead or thorny shrubs scattered about. There weren't any readily apparent footprints in their immediate area, no broken branches that hadn't been caused by them, but there was still that clearing just ahead of them, perhaps twenty meters.

Noelle soared back to help her allies search around forest but what she saw scared her.

" The forest is almost dead, it's such a shame that it has been reduced to almost nothing."

" Can't the goddesses use their powers to restore this forest back to beauty?"

“Possibly. Do remember, though, Charlemagne said Nortia appears to have turned on humanity - who’s to say the others haven’t as well?”

Difficult odds indeed...I’m most interested in seeing how this will play out.

"Cantus, stick behind me. We don't know what's lying in wait just ahead. Also don't eat those red berries, they're poisonous, or those blue berries, they're also poisonous, and definately don't eat those green berries, although they aren't poisonous, they taste so bad you'll wish that they were." 

'We'll take a look into the clearing then beat it, we've left the others alone for too long.'

Edited by Pengaius

On 10/24/2020 at 9:45 AM, Pengaius said:

Cantus, stick behind me. We don't know what's lying in wait just ahead.

"Of course, my esteemed colleague."

Although it is simply an empty clearing. I do not see how danger could befall us in an open plain.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:45 AM, Pengaius said:

Also don't eat those red berries, they're poisonous, or those blue berries, they're also poisonous, and definately don't eat those green berries, although they aren't poisonous, they taste so bad you'll wish that they were." 

"Very well! Although I must correct you-The "red berries" are in fact not red, but the crimson Frigus Nomen. As you can likely tell, the crimson in the berry is very bold and is meant to ward away creatures from eating it. However, the decidedly more Ochre Nice Quod Nomen is actually edible. Of course, merchants throughout history have not prized the Nice Quod Nomen for the flavor, but for the utility. You see, once dried, it leaves a lasting scent resembling mint. Throughout history, this was used by hunters to help track animals, as well mask their own scents, mixed with other fragrant plants to blend in better."

I'd best locate some to demonstrate this wonderful plant!

Cantus rushed to the left, carefully searching the bushes.

"Hm, how disappointing. Only a sword and a boot. Sorry about the distraction, my friend! Right behind you once more."

As Karen and Charlemagne vanished into the forest, another pair of figures became visible at the opposite horizon. As the four explorers pushed northward into the clearing, two little silhouettes turned from ambiguous masses to distinct humanoid forms headed for another patch of wilting woodland.

It seemed they had found the stragglers.

The party was thus faced with a dilemma- try to chase them down, and hopefully prevent them from disappearing into the thickets, or to let them flee and escape with their own safety assured.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:37 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

" I say we give them divine punishment, do not let them escape into the woods!"

With a little help from Toki's strange repositioning skills, Noelle would be able to do just that. She flew like a raptor towards the fighter, raining fire as she approached.

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Toki to C-21 and Repositions with Noelle.
Noelle to C-14 and attacks the Fighter.

Spoiler

Noelle attacks using Fire.

• 100 hit, 11 damage, 4 crit
  • Crit: 74

Fighter3 is caught off guard and struck by the blaze (11/22)

Noelle continues!

• 100 hit, 11 damage, 4 crit
  • Crit: 13

Fighter3, still reeling from the first attack, is easy pickings for the follow up, which returns it to the soil (0/22)

Noelle gains 31 EXP

Noelle gains 3 Tome wEXP

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cantus to F-19.
Butter to F-18.

The armored members of the party charged forward in pursuit as well, but lacking mounts and being weighed down by armor, they stood far behind the remaining mercenary, who darted northward, swerving around a large rock.

Spoiler

Enemy Phase:

Merc2 to G10

Map:

0MlmPLT.png

The party charged after the lone remaining Masked. The swordswoman continued her flight, ducking behind a ruined cottage.

Spoiler

Player Phase:
Butter to F14.
Toki to F18, uses Reposition on Cantus.
Cantus to F13.
Noelle to C7.

Enemy Phase:

Merc2 to I7

https://imgur.com/SasIvpx

SasIvpx.png

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 11/6/2020 at 4:59 PM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

"Just accept your fate and die already, I'm tired and you keep moving, SO PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR and DIE!!"

Noelle and her steed pierced the skies (Noelle to H6), and she shouted she sent out another fireball.

Spoiler

Noelle attacks Merc2 using Fire

• 12 damage, 100 hit, 5 crit
  • Crit: 92

Merc2 takes 12 damage! (7/19)

Noelle gains 10 EXP (64/100)

Noelle gains 1 Tome wEXP

A few meters behind, the infantry rushed after the target. Toki ran past Cantus helped him along (Toki to F12, Reposition Cantus), giving him just enough of a boost to let him get in range of the mercenary (Cantus to H8) and attack.

Spoiler

Cantus attacks Merc2 using Flux

• 17  damage, 76 hit, 7 crit
  • Hit: (31+64)/2 = 47
  • Crit: 25

Merc2 takes 17 damage! (0/19)

Merc2 is defeated!

Cantus gains 28 EXP (66/100)

Cantus gains 4 Tome wEXP

The Masked turned heel and fled, but was struck down before it made a second step, falling prone and crumbling into dust as it hit the ground.

The stragglers had been defeated.

"Well, well, this should buy us some time before the rest of the whole horde comes after us."

Good heavens, though, helping ferry all these fully-armored folks around...I don't envy that wyvern.

"Hm...a ruined village? Never would have guessed one of these was out here. Should we perhaps search around, or return to find Lady Karen?"

Entering the cottage was an open ended affair- it might have only had one doorway, but there were several spots where the walls had almost completely collapsed, leaving stubs of brick which were easily stepped over. Not much remained inside. It had presumably been burned, like so much else, but a very long time ago, with ashes mostly washed away by the rains. Tiles were scattered about on the floor, having once made up the roof, but among the wreckage there was a rusted fire iron, a dented two-gallon bronze pot, and some broken glass.

“Hmm, seems like no one's been here for some time. Still, this pot seems to have held up fairly well, it's pretty heavy too! Thing must be pure bronze! Doesn't seem like whoever lived here will mind if we take it. We should probably hurry back, don't want to keep everybody waiting too long." 

With newly acquired experience and cookware, the group headed back to camp. It was about noon when they arrived.

Charlemagne and Karen had not returned all that much earlier, but with help from the patron's bag-dwelling anomaly, most of camp had already been packed up. The circles of metal rods had been disturbed by the earlier fighting, and Charlie was just about to recalibrate them when he noticed the search party approaching.

"Ah, you returned! " He called over, trotting towards them as best as his robes would allow him. "Excellent. Good to see you all in one piece. Did you find anything of interest?"

“The masked that ran off were, dealt with at least, so that might buy us a little more time. Any incidents on your end? Also, we found a pot!"

Seems that in spite of everything, that loose end got taken care of.

"Well, that is good to hear," Karen said. "Fortunately, things were peaceful on our end."

Her expression then turned into one of puzzlement.

"A pot, you say?"

" A big pot full of nothing, and the mysterious lady turned out to be a masked, just a waste of time and energy."

"Toki, next time you see a lady Masked fleeing just throw your spear at her or let me know so I can roast her with fire."

"I personally would not say that the journey was entirely fruitless. We gained some knowledge and plants!"

Cantus paused for a moment.

"I wonder what sort of folk was inhabiting that cottage before this calamity occurred. It is sad to think that even people searching for peace in the wilderness had it taken away so brutally."