Jump to content
AnonymousSpeed

Fire Emblem: The Ruined World (Act 1- Clandestine Crusade)

Recommended Posts

"I mean, it's not just a pot, I'm not the kind of person to scrounge everything I see. It's a bronze pot." 

“Anyway, we should probably start heading southwest while the wind is at our backs. Wouldn't make sense to wait much longer"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 12:35 AM, OutcastsofRelix said:

"No, that trip was a waste of my time, I've never been more unsatisfied in my life."

On 11/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, Benice said:

"I wonder what sort of folk was inhabiting that cottage before this calamity occurred. It is sad to think that even people searching for peace in the wilderness had it taken away so brutally."

"...ahem." Charlemagne glanced awkwardly to the side. "Yes. Well. That's very sad, but...I'm glad some of you got something out of that, at least."

On 11/28/2020 at 6:44 PM, Pengaius said:

"I mean, it's not just a pot, I'm not the kind of person to scrounge everything I see. It's a bronze pot." 

“Anyway, we should probably start heading southwest while the wind is at our backs. Wouldn't make sense to wait much longer"

The patron nodded. "It would not. As Karen said, things were rather uneventful, so we were able to get everything packed up. I was repairing the arrangement of these metal rods, but I think I've gotten them to an acceptable state."

"It will be roughly three days march until we reach Bastion, which is where I understand we agreed to head first. So..." Charlie unenthusiastically swung his arm in front of him. "I hope you all have some good shoes. Heh. Um...right. Off we go."

It is up to you all what you wish for your characters to do during the three day journey.
This would be a good time to throw in some interpersonal dialogue, but if no one has anything to say or
attempt during the journey, we can skip the awkward silence and move on to the Ivory Mountains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So if we survive this and bring everything to an end what are you guys going to do? Start families, settle down, get married, get a life."

" I kind of hoped we could still be allies... friends maybe." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that not a bit too early to talk about? Karen thought.

Well, it wouldn't hurt either way answering now...

"I will be certainly helping my family get everything back in shape," she replied. "I am sure we can remain in touch, once we part ways."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noelle sighed. She wished Karen would talk to her more despite the age gap between them they could be really good friends.

"Yeah, but like you don't have a crush or someone waiting for you back at home?"

"Come on, we're the only girls here let's talk about boys, love, or anything." 

"We have nothing in common, and all you ever do is heal and talk to the boys!"

"So lets at least try finding something in common."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Eh!?"

Well, that came out of nowhere. Karen admittedly didn't knew what to make of this sudden outburst. Specially since it was a bit off the mark. What with her using more her singing than the staff, and only engaging in communal talk that, admittedly, was with a group that was indeed very skewed on the gender ratio. The noble lady had a point though, they were the only girls in the group. Maybe this could've started previously, there wasn't a lack of opportunity for it, but well, it seems it was going to start now. Though... did it really had to be on their love lives? The older woman had her at a disadvantage on that.

"Sorry, it is mostly just my family," she replied.

And it was true. Her family never pressured her to court anyone, or at least too much. That was more her brother's 'burden'.

"But I am sure there can be something else we can talk about," she continued. "How about our outfits?"

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well my armor is just something I wear, my outfit came from only the finest designers I believe his name was... I can't seem to remember. But he was killed by the Masked right after he made it."

"What about you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am sorry to hear that," Karen said. "Though it is a... nice outfit."

Not something I would wear, however, she added privately.

With a skirt that short? No way. Anyway...

"Mine was made by our dressmaker," she explained. "The design itself is not that special, but the color is. Dyed with lapis lazuli mined from Lode. Likely among the last sent to the mainland before contact was lost."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sure," Karen nodded, "that would be nice. I pray to Philotes that day may come soon."

How longing were the days to only worry over such frivolities...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sun set on the second day of their journey. As the sky began darkening, so too did the clouds. A gentle shower fell on the party. Mountain peaks stood over the horizon, coming into magnificent full view as evening went. The glistening white slopes of the Ivory Mountains shimmered in the orange light. By the time they reached the base of the mountain, the sky was pitch black. The drizzle had grown to a heavy downpour, turning the ground to mud. The broad dirt road leading to the mountain pass became a trail of sludge. Neither stars nor the moon could be seen through the rain clouds. The only light which escaped them came from the occasional flash of lightning.

Charlemagne clutched his robes tightly and turned to the party. "It's rather strange to see such heavy rain on this side of the Ivory Mountains," he called over the drumming of the rain. "Beyond them lies our destination. I don't suppose you all have some preferred method of getting past them? We could wait for sunrise or fairer weather, though the current conditions might conceal us somewhat."

The patron wiped water from his eyes and looked around as best he could, but only when lightning struck could he see silhouettes of dead trees on otherwise featureless plains. Had the weather been much better, it might have been possible to catch a glimpse of Ivory Lake to the south. He had intentionally taken the group to the pass most immediately north of the lake so as to take most direct route to Bastion, and had made such known to them during the journey.

"Have any of you ever passed through here before? I have a few times, one way or another." Charlie put his hands parallel to each other. "The pass is a bit like a canyon with a gravel road in the center. There are a few small forts along the ridges, though they were not very heavily manned when I came through." He sneezed- the cold weather seemed to be getting to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I've been here a few times on jobs, the terrain is nothing compared to back home, so long as we stick to the main trail that is, but I wouldn't recommend going up when it's as wet and dark as it is, mountain paths tend to get slippy in the rain, not ideal for night climbing."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah, I'm gonna say play it safe as well, guys - we're already pushing our limits with only five of us, if one of us slips and sprains an ankle we're down to three combatants if trouble arises."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I concur with my colleague's conclusions. Our chance of death would rise by roughly 22.5% should one of us become injured in the leg, therefore the risk is not equal to the reward."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"In that c-c-case, l-let us f-find shelter f-from th-this rain," Karen said amidst chattering teeth, the current weather not agreeing with her.

"M-mayb-be in th-the c-c-closest f-fort..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

"This was where me and my husband met actually."

"Oh, that's nice. I'm sure there's quite a-" Charlie wiped his nose and cleared his throat. "Quite a story around that."

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"M-mayb-be in th-the c-c-closest f-fort..."

"Do you mean the first fort along the pass?" asked the patron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Unl-less th-there is one c-closer," Karen replied.

Like at the very entrance of the pass. She hardly knew much about military tactics, but it didn't took a genius to figure that if you're fortifying a corridor, both ends are prime spots for one or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Poor Karen and Charlie, are you two coming down with something?"

"Karen, you can ride with me if you want. Anthiese is pretty much a warm blanket that flies and that dress of yours is horrible for this weather."

"Charlie, I don't care if you catch a cold, Karen is useful to everybody and your just the tactician."

Edited by OutcastsofRelix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If I recall correctly from my last visit, there should be a shallow cave in the rock wall just up ahead, much closer than any of the forts, it should provide adequate shelter, but it won't be as comfortable as a fort. On the other hand we can't be sure the fort's occupants would let us in, they could even attack us if they think we're Masked, or are Masked themselves. Regardless of where we're going, we should hurry up. I don't think Karen will last much longer in all this rain."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, OutcastsofRelix said:

"Karen, you can ride with me if you want. Anthiese is pretty much a warm blanket that flies and that dress of yours is horrible for this weather."

"Charlie, I don't care if you catch a cold, Karen is useful to everybody and your just the tactician."

"Well, that's very kind of you to be concerned for her," said the patron politely.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Like at the very entrance of the pass. She hardly knew much about military tactics, but it didn't took a genius to figure that if you're fortifying a corridor, both ends are prime spots for one or two.

On 1/13/2021 at 2:36 AM, Pengaius said:

"If I recall correctly from my last visit, there should be a shallow cave in the rock wall just up ahead, much closer than any of the forts, it should provide adequate shelter, but it won't be as comfortable as a fort. On the other hand we can't be sure the fort's occupants would let us in, they could even attack us if they think we're Masked, or are Masked themselves. Regardless of where we're going, we should hurry up. I don't think Karen will last much longer in all this rain."

"It is far more likely they are Masked themselves. The closest fort still in human hands I'm aware of is Palisade." Charlie wiped the rain from his brow with his robe, then covered his mouth with it to sneeze again. "There is one little stone structure which immediately overlooks the beginning of the pass, but it's atop a cliff some thirty feet high. We-" He sneezed once more- "Excuse me. We would either have to climb said cliff or move some distance ahead and then double back to walk up a slope. Such a cave does sound safer, should we elect to wait out the storm instead of pressing on under the cover of night."

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hm...can we have Lady Noelle fly up to check? We may be able to ferry the whole group up if we're careful, assuming, of course, miss Anthiese is up to the task - I should hate to see such a magnificent wyvern forced to bear more than she could handle on our account, so it may be best if the ladies take the quick route while the rest of us head up on foot."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"M-much obliged," Karen said to the older woman's offer.

As it were, alternative staying places were brought. The cave certainly sounded safer and faster to head to, even if it wouldn't be as accommodating as one of the forts. Though now Toki had suggested a plan to check out one of them which... didn't sounded too ideal.

He really intends for us to head up there on our own?

This was definitely not something where 'Ladies First' should apply. That said...

"W-would that b-be a g-good id-dea?" She asked. "If there are M-M-Masked, it would n-not be s-safe for us t-two a-a-ah..."

She quickly dug into her pocket, brought up her handkerchief, and just in time covered her mouth at the incoming sneeze.

"... alone," she finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...