Voting Gauntlet: A Hero Rises 2020 (Feb. 28)

DarkAlf

Who are you supporting?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you supporting?

• Altina: Dawn's Trueblade
    • Sothis: Silver Specter
    • Leif: Unifier of Thracia
    • Edelgard: The Future
    • Alfonse: Askran Duo
    • Azura: Vallite Songstress
    • Sothis: Girl on the Throne
    • Alm: Saint-King

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2020 at 04:00 AM

Still giving my support to Leif. Not just because I want Edelgard eliminated as soon as possible but because he is the unit I want the most out of these eight characters and it just so happens they pitted my most wanted unit against my least wanted unit. If something does happen though my priorities will shift to Alm>Sothis=W!Sothis>Alfonse>Azura>Altina.

Edited by NSSKG151

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll join Alfonse/Sharena because A I still don't have them, and B I wanna get the unit I +10ed already out of the running.

Seriously, Peony is a perfectly fine free Dancer, even if you're one of those weirdos who gets rid of your free Heroes OCs for some reason, despite them being a perfectly good unit. We don't need to waste a free 5* unit on Azura.

Edited by Xenomata

Huh. I never noticed how similar a shade of green Alm and Sothis' hair is to one another's.

Anyway, I'm supporting Alfonse, but I'd be okay with pretty much anyone here.

I still really want Altina, so she'll be my pick. Of course, I'm also already prepared to start saving orbs for her after she inevitably loses (with or without the multiplier's help) because I can only rarely get nice things in this game nowadays. Alm will serve as my first back-up pick, followed by Close Counter + Special Spiral 3.

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Seriously, Peony is a perfectly fine free Dancer, even if you're one of those weirdos who gets rid of your free Heroes OCs for some reason, despite them being a perfectly good unit.

Would I be correct in assuming that I was the first and also only person who came to mind when you composed this sentence?

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Would I be correct in assuming that I was the first and also only person who came to mind when you composed this sentence?

No actually, I had someone completely different in mind (who will go unnamed). Those people do exist beyond just you and unnamed-individual.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

No actually, I had someone completely different in mind (who will go unnamed). Those people do exist beyond just you and unnamed-individual.

Yeah, I know they do. I just felt the need to make a self-aware joke that was entirely at my own expense. It's least that I should be owed for my deeds.

I don't like how this is set up at all.  Edelgard the #8 should have had to face Altina the #1, that way even with multipliers she gets knocked out right away.  

The character I want most, since it is the only one I don't have, is Christmas Sothis.  However she is going against the overwhelming favorite.  Then we have Azura my 2nd least wanted character, another merge isn't helping much as she isn't used much for combat and her fodder is bad.  Alfonse is my 2nd most wanted character cause I have a -atk/+res, want to get rid of that attack bane.  Him getting knocked out by Azura would be painful too.

Rest of the units I have, have good to decent natures and no bad banes so not that big a preference to any though maybe slight to Sothis since she is a mythic.

I'd like to vote for Christmas Sothis to help her maybe pull off the upset and then perhaps win it all, but I am forced to go with Leif just to prevent what would be by far the worst possible outcome a unit in the regular pool without exceptional fodder who I already have.  

I guess it is time to order my voting gauntlet priority:

1. Legendary Lief - My luck kept me from pulling all of the Liefs so far, and as a massive Jugdral fan this was the obvious first choice.

2. Altina - I like the precedent she set for Mythic heroes, and she is an interesting and powerful character anyway.

3. NY Alfonse - If the Sharena half of this pairing were taking the lead she would probably beat out Altina as I much prefer her to her blander brother, but I still like the idea of duel heroes.

4. Tree Sothis - She is a character I don't have that is harder to get than Edelgard. Ok she is kinda adorably goofy as well.

5. Edelgard - She is a character I don't have, and despite how sick I am of even hearing about Three Houses, I am still a collector at heart.

6. Legendary Alm - Of the characters left that I already have, Alm is the one I liked most.

7. Sothis - She wins out due to a personal dislike of the cancer beneath.

8. Legendary Azura - Makes all PvP content cancerous so the less of her around the better, plus I am still irked that she was the random free 5 star I got in the second year a hero rises event, when she was the only one I had.

Altina - I don’t mind her winning at all! A strong mythic for Astra’s will benefit everyone. Plus, she seems cool.

NY Alfonse - I already have him, at pretty good IVs. Though I love the little cutie that is Alfonse,  I don’t want a repeat! His “Falicitations!” Line is amazingly delivered.

Sothis - I don’t have Sothis, but I don’t care about her character at all. I recognize that she is strong and could be useful, though.

W Sothis - Same as above, except less interested. She’s the only one from her banner that I don’t have.

L Azura - I have one already, but I honestly wouldn’t mind a second one. Two of these could potentially be very helpful to my play style! Still, I would rather have someone I don’t have.

L Alm - My personal favorite amongst the choices. A good boy! I don’t foresee myself ever sniping colorless on a legendary banner, though, so I especially would love to get him for free.

L Leif - Similiar boat as Alm! I do prefer Alm though, both as units and as characters. Second choice overall, with Altina third.

Edelgard - I have a neutral one already, but I especially don’t want a unit I can get pity broken by on almost every banner.

Overall: Alm > Leif > Altina > Sothis > W Sothis > L Azura > NY Alfonse > Edelgard

Edited by SockPuppet

I'm voting for Leif first and foremost because I want Leif.

Altina, regular Sothis, Alfonse, Edelgard, and Azura are all after him, in no particular order, except for Azura who is below the other four.

Christmas Sothis and Alm are at the bottom of the list, though. Alm because I already have a perfect legendary Alm, don't merge, and don't particularly need another one. Christmas Sothis because she's a stupid unit and has no business existing the way she is.

No problems with the line-up because there are no losers in the banner for me. The heroes I already have (Alm, Azura, Leif) are ones I'd be happy to get merges for, and the ones I don't, well it'll be a new unit. Yes, even Edelgard - I don't buy the argument that being in the regular pool makes her any more common than the legendary/mythic heroes, all five of them in this VG. Only the seasonals are relevant for that argument.

In the end I'll just go with whichever team my sister picks because I'm not all that invested in who wins.

I'm gonna go with W!Sothis even if I have her already. Reasoning is that mine is at +0 and I want to remove the (I think) -Res she has. 

If W!Sothis loses because Altina is obviously the No.1 favorite I'll go for either L!Alm, L!Leif or Duo Alfonse depending on who survives. Having 2 L!Azuras would be neat to spread cancer in AR but not enough to make her more desirable than the other picks and I have 0 need for Edelgard (Rouse is overrated and pretty useless when you thrive from Tactics teams and I don't like her art). 

Altina>Duofonse/LLeif>LAlm>WSothis>>>Anything else to me.

Altina is especially important since I refuse to spend orbs on legend banners due to my horrible luck of the getting the 1 or 2 desirables per color that I pull (LEphraim, LHector, and HMia PTSD, among other things).

Duofonse/LLeif would be new insane units to play around with, LAlm would fix my poor -spd one, and WSothis is DC+SF fodder.

17 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm gonna go with W!Sothis even if I have her already. Reasoning is that mine is at +0 and I want to remove the (I think) -Res she has. 

If W!Sothis loses because Altina is obviously the No.1 favorite I'll go for either L!Alm, L!Leif or Duo Alfonse depending on who survives. Having 2 L!Azuras would be neat to spread cancer in AR but not enough to make her more desirable than the other picks and I have 0 need for Edelgard (Rouse is overrated and pretty useless when you thrive from Tactics teams and I don't like her art). 

i thought about this (my Sothis is +spd/-res) - it doesn't really stop her but it does take a chunk out of her. 
but eventually Fae will get a PRF and if Christmas Sothis wins that's DC and a Tier 4 C skill for my very first 5*+10 and a rock on my arena core for a while now. 

Leif > Altina > Alphonse. 
I want Leif the most, don't have him and would be happy to get him. Altina is also awesome. And Alphonse, maybe I find some use. Still don't have a paired unit.

It would not wonder me if the final match will be Sothis vs Sothis on the other hands the Sothis fans are kind of separated. Which could make them a bit weaker or at least one of them.

Torn between Altina and Winter Sothis, I like Altina more, but I don’t like the vast majority of fliers enough to make a flying team, although she’s workable in tactics. Winter Sothis would fit well in my armor team except her stat distribution is too much like Felicia, and I like Felicia more.

Huh, never would have thought Altina would have more than double the score of second place after the first hour. The other three contests are reasonably even so there could be a fair amount of salt after this round.