Kronya: Gleaming Blade

XRay

After using her extensively now, and several weeks of using her at high merges/Flowers, I think she is a pretty solid choice as Counter-Vantage unit, but she has a slightly different play style and ideally require a dedicated team to supporting her. Her primary uniqueness and advantage over others is that she can tank a hit since her Vantage is not dependent on her own HP. Another slightly less unique advantage is that she can Counter-Vantage against Firesweep nukes via Null C-Disrupt, an edge she shares with Phina. Her draw back is that her damage output is low unless you give up Null C-Disrupt for Special Spiral. With Null C-Disrupt, her damage output is low, so she does need a team to support her. With Special Spiral, she is more like a regular Counter-Vantage unit and you can put her on any team, although she would appreciate some sort of splash damage support beforehand.

Stats

Spoiler

Level 1 Stats
HP = 17/18/19
Atk = 8/9/10
Spd = 10/11/12
Def = 4/5/6
Res = 3/4/5
Total = 47

Growth Rates
HP = 55%/60%/65%
Atk = 45%/50%/55%
Spd = 60%/65%/70%
Def = 35%/40%/45%
Res = 45%/50%/55%
Total = 265%

Growth Points
HP = 24/26/28
Atk = 19/22/24
Spd = 26/28/30
Def = 15/17/19
Res = 19/22/24
Total = 114~115

Level 40 Stats
HP = 41/44/47
Atk = 27/31/34
Spd = 36/39/42
Def = 19/22/25
Res = 22/26/29
Total = 161~162

Builds

Aether Raids Counter-Vantage

Spoiler

Athame
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Miracle — Noontime — Sol
Close Counter
Null C-Disrupt — Special Spiral
Savage Blow — Pulse Smoke — Atk Smoke
Fierce Stance — Savage Blow — Atk Smoke

As I have mentioned above, Kronya's main ability is to Counter-Vantage at full HP so she can take a hit from a Hardy Bearing unit.

If you have the resources to run 2 Altinas and 2 A Monstrous Harvest Hectors, I definitely recommend Null C-Disrupt over Special Spiral. While there are teams that fully shutdown Kronya with just shear brute force and bulk or overwhelming number of Hardy Bearing units, those teams are getting a bit rarer now.

If you want a more regular Counter-Vantage unit that you can put on any team, then you can go with Special Spiral. However, she may require some splash damage support before hand.

Between all the Specials, Moonbow and Ruptured Sky is for spiking her damage output occasionally, or permanently increasing her damage output if you are running Special Spiral. Miracle, Noontime, and Sol are all just there to help her in case something goes wrong.

For her C skills, I lean towards Savage Blow, but if you are concerned about her survivability, then you can try Pulse Smoke and Atk Smoke.

For her Sacred Seal slot, I lean towards Fierce Stance so she can better handle super bulky units. Savage Blow and Atk Smoke might be fine too.

Edited by XRay

I've been using her for quite a while, and I'd say NCD Miracle is by far her best build imo. Mediocre firepower isn't really a problem when all the things you're about to kill have single-digit HP left from all the chip, and in AR it's especially not a problem when you have the Bolt Tower. The Miracle is just a good failsafe vs multiple Hardy Bearings and saving you in encounters where you couldn't chip certain enemies enough. Spiral Moonbow/Glimmer doesn't even improve her firepower by that much, if it's not just irrelevant. With Kronya's main weakness of having to juggle breaking Healing Tower, killing healers with staves and sniping dangerous Hardy Bearing enemies, adding Firesweep enemies to that list just isn't a good time.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

19 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I've been using her for quite a while, and I'd say NCD Miracle is by far her best build imo. Mediocre firepower isn't really a problem when all the things you're about to kill have single-digit HP left from all the chip, and in AR it's especially not a problem when you have the Bolt Tower. The Miracle is just a good failsafe vs multiple Hardy Bearings and saving you in encounters where you couldn't chip certain enemies enough. Spiral Moonbow/Glimmer doesn't even improve her firepower by that much, if it's not just irrelevant. With Kronya's main weakness of having to juggle breaking Healing Tower, killing healers with staves and sniping dangerous Hardy Bearing enemies, adding Firesweep enemies to that list just isn't a good time.

Yeah, I personally prefer Null C-Disrupt too, but some players may want a more traditional Counter-Vantage unit that is less dependent on out of combat damage support.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I personally prefer Null C-Disrupt too, but some players may want a more traditional Counter-Vantage unit that is less dependent on out of combat damage support.

That's definitely better than NCD in PvE I think (most of the time). Though, I guess she's not exactly the most effective in PvE to begin with.