The prologue be dying again.

Benice

My prologue has been causing me a fair amount of aches and pains,.

So, I finished making Ch. 1, (2nd map, since the prologue existed) and went to the world map to change the location of the nodes in advance so I could change the items sold in the location. I then go back to try the game from the prologue. Surpirse! It loads straight to ch. 1, which works as normal other than the fact that Lyon doesn't load (?) and Duessel doesn't have weapons, which makes sense since I gave the items to him in the prologue. I go back to make sure I hadn't accidentally added an "End chapter" event at a very bad spot. I hadn't. I went to the world map events to see if anything had changed. It hadn't. I then decided to play through, using the green units to rout the enemies. The chapter end event worked as usual until it froze because it couldn't give a skill to Lyon since he didn't exist, even though I have him loaded into the chapter the same way I had Duessel in. According to the emulator background thing that shows me the information, the prologue loads, but gets skipped and it goes straight to Ch.1. I don't really want to try again on another ROM since it took a million years to fix all of the support info, fix all of the animations, etc. on this one.

Is there anything I could do to get it to load the prologue normally?

Side note: How to I make the game get a game over if Lyon dies? I have him and his class set as Lord units, bbut it doesn't make difference.

What did you do in the prologue ? It's seems the condition to win your prologue is always true, so he directly pass this chapter. Try this. Add in the event that normally send you in the next chapter a random command you can see in the screen, like get an item iron sword. And see if you could see that. If you can see it check the condition to trigger this event. If not, try to figure out exactly when the prologue is skiped. Can you see the introduction when they show the map and describe all the nation ?

It literally just cuts from selecting a new game to ch. 1- none of the events before the prologue occur, and the win connditions shouldn't be active on the wrong map. It doesn't register that Lyon exists either, which is really weird. 

For example, I'l open it up, and the game goes "you've started a file on Fall of Renais" The screen fades out, and... "Ch. 1- Escape!" and the events of Escape then proceed.

Again, thank you for trying to help out, I really appreciate it.