Fire Emblem Heroes - Legendary Hero (Chrom: Crowned Exalt)

Landmaster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when could Chrom even use bows? And whether he can or not, I expected a legendary Chrom to get a lance or axe.

I'm extremely disappointed. I expected I would be, but because I was expecting Micaiah or colorless dragon Corrin. Not this randomness. Well, I get to save orbs at least. That new heroes banner coming up could very well be TH and include Sylvain.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Since when could Chrom even use bows?

I'm extremely disappointed. I expected I would be, but because I was expecting Micaiah or colorless dragon Corrin. Not this randomness. Well, I get to save orbs at least. That new heroes banner coming up could very well be TH and include Sylvain.

Chrom could reclass into Archer in Awakening.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Chrom could reclass into Archer in Awakening.

I thought he had Myrmidon or Mercenary or something as his second option besides Cavalier.

Well, whatever, I still think at the very least, he should've had a lance or axe.

I've lost all hope for anymore Tellius legendaries though... Been waiting so long since Ike and yeah. 😕 Even if I'm not a fan of Micaiah, I still can't believe even she hasn't come yet.

Edited by Anacybele

While I don't care for Chrom as a character, I'm okay with him being a legendary because he's a far more important character in his own game than Lucina or Robin/Grima/whatever you call them. I'm not necessarily opposed to Chrom using bows, although it's hilariously sad how much they're trying to avoid giving all the sword lords swords. This should be a hint to IS to make more lords without swords.

But in other news, the fuck is he a blue bow? Ah well, at least this gives Chrom a new color to branch out into.

And an easy skip. Chrom is one of my least favorite lords in the entire franchise. Corrin is the only one I dislike more.

Probably use free pull on Red to see if I get Sothis or Phina. I'll pull out afterwards anyway so it's no big deal.

Edited by Sentinel07

That's... odd. I guess it's a reasonable time for Legendary Chrom, but why make him so similar to Lucina? I agree that a lance would have made more sense.

Phina is certainly a welcome surprise, and makes red more appealing than I was expecting. The last of a second colorless unit I want means I can't take a shot at Alm, but also simplifies the interactions with the Voting Gauntlet.

He seems likely to be slow and bulky, similar to NY Alfonse. Not sure what to make of his Assist - it's like Future Vision, but more complicated. It's interesting that the refresh doesn't seem to have a once per turn limit if you can get around Isolation - you can use his Assist, then move him again, and the Isolation will be gone, so then you can dance him and have his Assist back up and able to refresh him once again. Weird.

L Lucina is my favorite unit to use in the game, so I can’t wait to play with Chrom! To Change Fate seems like an interesting new Future Vision of sorts...

Now, about the other Units:

L Azura, I already have 1 but I guess a second wouldn’t hurt. I don’t have Julia but I would enjoy her greatly. 

Red is my backup, as I don’t have any of them. Phina is cool, Sothis is strong and I really want Eirika still. Easy backup.

Colorless I guess is my third choice? I don’t need another sweaty Corrin, but I don’t have Duma or Alm. I would love Alm, but I’m not diving into colorless for him, especially when Eirika and Chrom are in much more desirable pools.

Green is my last choice. It has Gerik, as well as two units I don’t need any more of, Gunnthra and Lyn. Sorry, Gerik, maybe next time.

Looks like Dancing Ishtar and Berkut might be on a double special heroes banner in the future... interesting.

Oh yeah, I guess I'll try to free pull a green since Gerik is the only unit here that I'd care to pull at all. But of course, green is hard to get, so I'm not even expecting to get a chance.

Well, I'm more surprised that they bumped Marth for Phina. I think that's honestly the first time that's happened. 

I'm actually pleased as punch about this. I had made the decision to dump my orb savings into Alm+Celica merges vs. Sothis/Azura merges because Alm+Celica would be harder to get once that banner is over and really I just have to hope that Sothis has a great share. (and even though i've advocated for a Marth/Sothis divorce, it actually at this points makes more sense for me to wait until they are together so I can get more Marths since he is a good Dragon smacker + he has Atk/Spd Bond and this would be good for some units I am building. 

the only bummer really is no access to Julia. Gerik showing up is a bummer for anyone who wanted firesweep axe because. yeah green. blegh. 

Chrom's PRF assist is weird. you basically isolate himself and the pair up partner. so.. yeah eww. 

but this now gives us close counter in the monthly banner pool and another weilder of Lull Atk/Def. (which means i can officially merge all Dimitris). 

Gdi here comes another unit I'd want but most likely wont have. It already took me everything to barely get Celica last time. along with Duo Alm just recently. RIP. Seeing him, with a bow is kinda weird tho

Chrom getting a Legendary alt after so long is a good thing, imo. It's been forever since his cav version came out. That being said, he's kinda...meh? His Prf assist is worse than Future Vision because the skill doesn't help Chrom himself move foward while L!Lucina can. His Bow is pretty meh too, the null debuff and Tier 4 Lull are nice but being tied to the enemy being at full health is a bit of a stinker when you factor bombers like F!Berkut/Lif. I'm betting on him being slow-ish just like every other Chrom variant, meaning he'll need the QR seal and he's going to get bodied by Mareeta/any NFU user. 

As for the rest of the banner:

Red ranges from average to good depending on how much you value the units themselves. Fodder wise only Sothis has value with Time's Pulse. 

Blue is good. L!Azura is still OP to this day, L!Julia is a walking nuke (and can be used as Mirror Impact+Oath fodder) and Chrom is the new toy of the month (CC+Atk/Def Lull is a very valuable combo). 

Green sucks. 

Colorless is the winner, imo. Fallen F!Corrin is a disgusting unit that is on the same level as NY!Lethe/Mareeta/etc. in the "Should have never been made" power scale. L!Alm is still an unstoppable wallbreaker that anyone could benefit from having (hence why he managed to get into the AHR Voting Gauntlet) and Duma...well, he isn't all that great but he still has a ton of Atk and his Upheaval can allow for some Kronya shenanigans or healer AI manipulation, and if worse comes to worst he can be used as Bold Fighter fodder. 

I'm kind of baffled about this. I like Chrom and I'm happy he's finally getting a Legendary variant, honestly he should have had his way before Lucina and Robin/Grima, but...I'm confused as to why they've built him like this. I agree that he should have used a lance, or just give him another variant of his sword. And if they were dead set on giving him a bow, at least make it a RED one, because then we'd have green (Lyn), blue (Lucina), gray/colorless (Alm and Leif), and then Chrom to fill out the colors. This is just super strange and kind of random, I guess?

Anyway, I'll try a free pull for blue if there are any blue orbs on my first session. I'm always down for merging Legendary Azura and Julia, and I wouldn't really be upset to get Chrom.
Colorless is very tempting, I don't have Duma or Corrin, and Legendary Alm would be a fantastic merge.
Red is...fine; I have all the units there and none of them really scream "merge" or "skill fodder" to me.
Green is the riskiest for me. I have Legendary Lyn at +10, and built well enough to dual Legendary Alm and WIN, so, I don't need more of her. I'm not really enthused about Gunnthra, simply because I hardly ever use her. Gerik is a unit I don't have, but not one I'm desperate to get.

All and all, I'll probably bounce out after my free summon. We'll see what happens!

Mah boi finally getting that legendary glow up!!! It’s about damn time Chrom got a legendary. Lucina and Robin have had them for how long now? Man I’m definitely gonna pull

I'm honestly glad about this curve ball since Micaiah or F!Corrin would've really tempted me to spend orbs when I currently want to seriously try to stockpile orbs. Chrom is a legendary I can live without, so I approve of this choice on that level at least. That, and he (and Awakening in general really) was long overdue for a new alt.

I'm glad for it, frankly. FEH needs more off-the-wall typing like this. Swords are lame weapons for lame people so I hope when the likes of Legendary Sigurd/Seliph and whatever other lords arrive, they get similar treatment. I'm being completely honest when I say I unironically made Chrom an archer in Awakening (my first ever FE game so I had no idea of the reputation archers had) because I thought it'd be a neat choice.

Don't have any real orbs but I'll just dump the ones I do have into blue because the three other colours are all complete busts.

Edited by Humanoid

Well, Chrom finally got his Legendary alt. Next should be Micaiah, Sigurd, or Seliph if IS is going to finally finish off the lord roster. Unit-wise he looks really strong, but hampered by his typically low speed and the finickiness of his special. CC will certainly make him more dangerous, but he shares Water season with the even more ridiculous L!Leif so I don't expect to see much of him. Banner-wise:

• Red: Not bad, honestly. Sothis and Phina are great units, and I'd love to finally get L!Eirika.
  • Blue: I'm so conflicted here. Chrom is cool and I desperately crave merges for L!Julia, but I despise L!Azura with a burning passion worthy of Takumi. Even the idea of having her in my barracks makes me angry.
  • Green: Bleh. Gerik aside, that's all I can be bothered to say.
  • Grey: Also not bad. Nobody there is someone I absolutely have to have, but they'd all still be nice additions.

I'm trying to build up an orb stockpile, so I'll probably just take one circle and see if I get lucky.

Why do all my favorite characters have to be blue ffff....welp. Sorry, Dimitri, your savings is drying up again. I'll be pulling Blue until Chrom comes home, he looks too magnificent to let go. And I still need W!Chrom to round him out. Or just wait for an inevitable Summer Chrom.

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Why do all my favorite characters have to be blue ffff....welp. Sorry, Dimitri, your savings is drying up again. I'll be pulling Blue until Chrom comes home, he looks too magnificent to let go. And I still need W!Chrom to round him out. Or just wait for an inevitable Summer Chrom.

Noo Save for Dimitri!

Chrom will always come back!!

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

But...it's Coronation!Chrom!! ☹ If we knew when Dimitri would come back, I wouldn't feel so torn.

ohooo

i thought you were saving for Brave Dimitri. (which you should 😉 )

Honestly that's a good question - who knows indeed. 

honestly i hope you free pull him(Chrom i mean)