Set the AI for a thieve

Zuda

Hi,

I try to set the AI for the thieve to have this comportement. He should go open a door to alert the guard if I can't intercept him, and so ruin my sneak attack attemps. The problem is that he don't go to the door and just attack me instead. In vanilla version of fe8, the thieve ignore you except he can do anything like steal, open chest and doors etc. So I check what AI they put. Strangely it's :

Primary AI : 00 = chance of action 100%

Secondary AI : 01 = move toward ennemy.

If I use this, he do what I described, than mean attack me when I'm in this range.

I try something like

Primary AI : 06 = Do not act (AI 2 = Move only )

Secondary AI : 05 = Attack village and treasure, then move to escape point

but he don't move at all.

I don't forget to put in his inventary a door key. But I think the problem is that the thief don't know how to unlock the gate. When I remove any weapon from the thief, he go to the gate but he is blocked and don't inlocked it. If I kill the thief and get his door key, I can unlock the doors through. So what coul be the problem ?

edit: in fact, he can unlock the gate, but he only move to do it if i remove his weapon

Edited by Zuda
correction

Does giving him a lockpick make a difference? If you're using Fe builder, you need to set up an escape point for the thief. Setting the thief's AI to ??? in the unit placer menu might also make a difference. Not an expert in any way, but I hope this helps.

Where can I place a escape point with fe gba builder ?

I already test with a lockpick, it change nothing.

------------------------

even with an escape point, it does not work. The only way I could have a thief who avoid to fight if he could move somewhere to open door, steal or open chest is by removing his weapon from now

Edited by Zuda
I add escape point