Yune Randomizer: A Universal Fire Emblem Randomizer

lushen124

8 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

Alright, so I've got some good news, and I've got some bad news.

The good news: I made it all the way to endgame without encountering any game-shattering issues other than what was mentioned above.

The bad news: Ashnard.  The other randomizer (I know I've brought this up a lot) modified Ashnard so you don't need to rely on Ragnell to damage him.  Luckily for me, Ike was able to use Ragnell...but he only has an 8% Skill growth with only 8 Skill for the endgame.  With a shaky hit rate, Ashnard's Renewal skill, and limited healing staves, I think boredom will kill me before Ashnard does.  However, if Ike wasn't able to use Ragnell at all, this would have been GG.  So as of right now, for anyone who doesn't have an Ike that can use swords and isn't willing to cheat if he's not exactly where he should be, there's no getting through Ashnard.

I see. I was thinking the Laguz royals would be able to carry you, but maybe it's just easier to remove the skill that disables damage from non-Ragnell non-Laguz sources.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

Well, here's an unfortunate one: on Chapter 12, the bird laguz can randomize into something that can be stuck outside the boat...certainly a dead end if you don't have the right means to fight whatever it is.

Reveal hidden contents

GFEE01-1.thumb.png.acaa194e3d4e95e1233c441f80d8c82a.png

Oh... That's odd. I'm fairly certain I still had logic to make sure flying units stayed flying. Maybe I forgot to add crows to the list?

EDIT: Oh, I see now. Apparently those crows in the chapter are classified as Feral Crows, which I forgot to add to the list (alongside Feral Hawk). All it means is that they don't transform back. I think the only chapter that features proper laguz enemies is the desert chapter.

Edited by lushen124

I went to try the randomizer with FE9 but it seems to get stuck when recalculating file offsets.  It gets stuck recalculating on something call (yme/EID_K_WIND2.cpm). I've left it on in the background for about an hour or 2 and it hasn't moved past this. 

On 3/9/2020 at 10:50 PM, The Rusty Horseman said:

Thought I should bring this to someones attention, but using full random growth does not seem to actually make them fully random, rather they are all set to the lower end of the spectrum. Thought I'd bring some pictures so you can see what I mean. Hope it helps in some way.

Spoiler

Proof 1.png

Spoiler

Proof 2.png

There is a bug with the current version when using full random. There's an unofficial build that fixes this issue, but I'm working on a proper 0.9.1 patch release coming soon. If you're on Windows, you can give it a shot. It also fixes a few other issues where the randomization might freeze.

The second to last comment here has a link: https://github.com/lushen124/Universal-FE-Randomizer/issues/199

Edited by lushen124

On 3/10/2020 at 1:31 PM, FeHero said:

I went to try the randomizer with FE9 but it seems to get stuck when recalculating file offsets.  It gets stuck recalculating on something call (yme/EID_K_WIND2.cpm). I've left it on in the background for about an hour or 2 and it hasn't moved past this. 

I'm assuming you're using the x86 version (i.e. 32-bit). I recommend you upgrade to a 64-bit JRE and use the 64-bit version, as the 32-bit version has limitations on memory usage, and loading an ISO takes up a lot of memory. Any CPU made since the early 2000s should support 64-bit, you just need a 64-bit JRE.

You can find the latest JRE/JDK here: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html

I know Java SE 11 works for sure. I haven't tested Java SE 13 yet, but it shouldn't have any issues either. Java 8 I think is the lowest version you can go that still supports Yune. Let me know if you need help on this.

I'm running into problems when trying to play with my randomized FE9 file. Basically the game will start the title sequence but will completely stop once the IS logo leaves the screen. Do you know what causes this problem?

So, here's a big-brain scenario that I came across: in one of my more recent attempts, I buffed boss stats by 15 (before realizing this was way too high and started a new run). What this does is it gives "hard mode bonuses" to recruited units who are encountered as bosses, so Muarim ended up joining with insane bases.  This may also happen with units that are recruited with increased enemy growths, but I haven't paid too much attention to them.

Edit: looks like some weapons are still locked to specific classes, even though the unit theoretically should be able to use them.  I have a Paladin Stefan who came with S bows, but he came with a Double Bow (an S bow) and he can't use it.

Edited by CultivatedFinch

18 hours ago, Gator said:

I'm running into problems when trying to play with my randomized FE9 file. Basically the game will start the title sequence but will completely stop once the IS logo leaves the screen. Do you know what causes this problem?

Which version of Dolphin are you using? I'm not sure if there's any version that does what you described, but there are many development builds that do not play properly when a game is started. I recommend using the stable 5.0 build of Dolphin (which is what I tested with).

12 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

So, here's a big-brain scenario that I came across: in one of my more recent attempts, I buffed boss stats by 15 (before realizing this was way too high and started a new run). What this does is it gives "hard mode bonuses" to recruited units who are encountered as bosses, so Muarim ended up joining with insane bases.  This may also happen with units that are recruited with increased enemy growths, but I haven't paid too much attention to them.

Edit: looks like some weapons are still locked to specific classes, even though the unit theoretically should be able to use them.  I have a Paladin Stefan who came with S bows, but he came with a Double Bow (an S bow) and he can't use it.

Buffing bosses in general is a bit odd because I don't think they actually work with just modifying the character stats (at least not what I've seen, in Normal mode). The fact that Muarim is affected is what confuses me because I explicitly made an exception for PC bosses.

As for the double bow, I'm an idiot. I locked Longbows and Rolf Bow, but I forgot about the Double Bow. 🤦‍♂️

One big glitch I encountered was with the Chapter 12 Boss. Seeker was a wyvern knight, but appeared as a shadow Ike. Everything was fine until the turn where he started moving for the second time. The game crashed when he moved for the second time. Also looking at his stats on that same turn (using savestates) also crashed the game. Just a black screen that never did go away. 

Imma restart chapter and rush him, to see if I can prevent this from happening. The chapter 11 boss was also a shadow Ike. His class was a cat but no issues with him at all. EDIT: Yeah this prevented this from happening.

Edited by Etterbeer

I don't know if this is possible nor if the randomizer already interpret this but is it possible to add a function/option that allows major/event bosses such as ashnard, black knight, bryce, etc, to not be randomized? My only worry is the black knight fight becoming a joke due to him being a heron etc... and making the endgame pointless.

TLDR: Option to have Major bosses with event classes to not be randomized

Quick suggestion for FE4: to add the option of giving everyone (even enemies) Pursuit. As much as I'd like to give all or at least most of my units Pursuit, it'd be fair balancing to also apply it to common enemies so it's not always a one-sided advantage.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, Etterbeer said:

One big glitch I encountered was with the Chapter 12 Boss. Seeker was a wyvern knight, but appeared as a shadow Ike. Everything was fine until the turn where he started moving for the second time. The game crashed when he moved for the second time. Also looking at his stats on that same turn (using savestates) also crashed the game. Just a black screen that never did go away. 

Imma restart chapter and rush him, to see if I can prevent this from happening. The chapter 11 boss was also a shadow Ike. His class was a cat but no issues with him at all. EDIT: Yeah this prevented this from happening.

On 4/5/2020 at 3:28 PM, Etterbeer said:

Also, normal enemies stopped getting randomized after chapter 12. All enemies were normal like the vanilla game. 

Thanks for these and thanks for filing them in the github. I commented there already, but I'll try to get them fixed in the next release when I tackle chapter scripting.

19 hours ago, puneet9 said:

I don't know if this is possible nor if the randomizer already interpret this but is it possible to add a function/option that allows major/event bosses such as ashnard, black knight, bryce, etc, to not be randomized? My only worry is the black knight fight becoming a joke due to him being a heron etc... and making the endgame pointless.

TLDR: Option to have Major bosses with event classes to not be randomized

This is actually the default. In fact, there's no option for what I deem to be major/endgame bosses for randomization for any of the games. In the case of FE9, Ashnard and the Black Knight both fall into this group and will not be randomized. The only change from a gameplay perspective is that I allowed all A and S rank weapons to bypass the blessed armor so that you have more options than Ragnell and the Laguz Royals.

For completion, in FE4, Julius is considered endgame, FE6 Zephiel, Idunn, and I think Yahn are all considered endgame, FE7 Nergal and the Fire Dragon are considered endgame, and FE8 Lyon and Fomortiis are considered endgame.

12 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

Quick suggestion for FE4: to add the option of giving everyone (even enemies) Pursuit. As much as I'd like to give all or at least most of my units Pursuit, it'd be fair balancing to also apply it to common enemies so it's not always a one-sided advantage.

This is, sadly, not possible as far as I know. There are two primary data structures for FE4 units, and the one used for many early game bosses and most minions do not have space to specify holy blood or skills. It's the same reason why it's not possible to give ALL bosses skills or holy blood, and is instead limited to those that I call "Holy Bosses". The only minions that have non-class skills assigned to them, I believe, are in the endgame, I think one of the platoons have pursuit (Grau Ritter maybe?)

I love Yune so much! It's an awesome tool for randomization! Thanks so much for making it!

I recently started a randomized run of PoR normal mode, and I may have encountered an error; in chapter one, I visited the house to the left of where the units load, and it gave me an item known as ID_WARP with the description saying nothing but ID_WARP. Strangely enough, every playable unit and boss thus far randomized into a wyvern rider, so I don't know what it does yet due to having no staffbots.

I'm not sure that ID_WARP is something I'm supposed to get, so I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something gone wrong.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Strangely enough, every playable unit and boss thus far randomized into a wyvern rider, so I don't know what it does yet due to having no staffbots.

Can you share your seed / settings, please?

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Can you share your seed / settings, please?

SKILLS:

Skill randomization enabled, fully randomized, 100% chance for skill.

SKILL WEIGHTS: (All skill allowed)

Adept: in the middle

Blossom: In the middle

Celerity: Most likely

Corrosion: In the middle

Counter: In the middle

Daunt: 2nd most likely.

Gamble: 2nd least likely

Guard: 2nd most likely

Miracle: In the middle

Nihil: Second least likely

Paragon: Most likely

Parity and Provoke: in the middle

Renewal: 2nd least likely

Resolve: 2nd most likely

Saviour and Serenity: in the middele

Shade and smite: second least likely

Tempest: in the middle.

Vantage and Wrath: Most likely.

Classes: Fully randomized, everythung checked off, 100% chance and forced class change.

Enemy buffs: minion growths not buffed.

Improved minion weapons chance: 25%

Minions with skills: 25%

Bosses: Buff boss stats: Maximum boost: 5, Scale linearly.

Improve boss weapons: 25%

70 chance for bosses to get skills.

GROWTHS: redistributed, variance of 75%, ajust HP and Str/Mag by class.

Bases: Redistribute, 10 growth variation

Contistution randomized, variance of 3, affinity rqndomized also.

Randomized rewards, random replacements.

Seed phrase: So what do I do? Put on a funny hat or something?

Note: I am not 100% certain on the seed phrase, but I am about 88% sure. Is there any way to see the changelog after I goof?

21 hours ago, Benice said:

I love Yune so much! It's an awesome tool for randomization! Thanks so much for making it!

I recently started a randomized run of PoR normal mode, and I may have encountered an error; in chapter one, I visited the house to the left of where the units load, and it gave me an item known as ID_WARP with the description saying nothing but ID_WARP. Strangely enough, every playable unit and boss thus far randomized into a wyvern rider, so I don't know what it does yet due to having no staffbots.

I'm not sure that ID_WARP is something I'm supposed to get, so I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something gone wrong.

I think I assumed the Warp Staff was actually in the game and functional, but just wasn't accessible. It's possible it just doesn't work at all, in which case, I'll just remove it from the pool.

As mentioned above, if you have the changelog, you can verify this. If you know the seed string, randomizing using the same string with the same settings should give you the same result. This is what I use to test things. When randomization finishes, you'll be given an option to save a changelog of the results. That will tell you all character, item, and chapter unit data.

18 hours ago, puneet9 said:

I loved the randomizer so far. Will there be any chance to be able to randomize FE9 in Japanese in the future. Randomized Maniac Mode will prove to be a challenge and be fun.

If we can verify the file system of the Japanese ISO, as well as the ID strings, then it shouldn't be too difficult. It would be a bit more difficult if the IDs were actually Shift-JIS strings though. Digging through the US version, there are still some pieces that are encoded in Shift-JIS (things like model mapping, none of which I currently touch) which make them a pain to deal with without another helper library.