Yune Randomizer: A Universal Fire Emblem Randomizer

lushen124

5 hours ago, Etterbeer said:

Have you tried waiting for a while? I've seen something similar when a unit has a missing animation for something and just loops the animation. In my case however, the looping stopped after 10 times and the game continues normally. 

Yeah I ended up learning that the loop eventually did stop, thank you though.

Also, I have Mia currently as a level 20 Thief, how do I promote her. She is unable to gain anymore exp and I have yet to obtain any master seals and I'm at Chapter 20.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/12/2020 at 3:46 AM, lushen124 said:

Regal Sword/Ragnell - I actually modified this. I used a trick I learned from GBAFE and assigned these weapons to share the same lock as the Rolf Bow instead of the usual Hero-only lock. But since they're swords, obviously archers/snipers can't use them. I also allow Ranger and Lord to have the Rolf Bow lock, but since they don't use bows, this effectively locks Regal Sword/Ragnell to all Rangers/Lords and the Rolf Bow to all Archers/Snipers. SID_HERO also allows you to seize (and possibly other things), which I didn't want to give out to any character that happened to become a lord class.

This is something you haven't added yet, correct?  I'm running on 0.9.1 and Lord Ike can't use the Regal Sword or Ragnell (I did not randomize Lords).  I was able to damage the Black Knight with a forged Silver Sword, so that functionality definitely works (and I assume Ashnard will be beatable; I haven't gotten to him yet).

I had a number of boss reward items randomized without the randomize rewards option selected; most notably the Occult scroll from Ch. 27's boss became a vulnerary.  His class was changed to a dragon, so some of his items were adjusted accordingly. He had a Laguz Stone (like all laguz-ified bosses, though they don't use it) and a Demi-band equipped.  Bosses and enemies that drop weapons lose that weapon when laguz-ified; is there a way to keep the weapon in their inventory?

One last thing: is there a way to have PCs use the unique models of other PCs?  My Boyd has Mia's myrmidon model and Lucia's swordmaster model.  I assume these are just the generic female versions of these classes, and Boyd was simply listed as a female myrmidon/swordmaster.  However, this made him more interesting, like the color palette swap in the GBA games.  Could, for example, my fighter Mist have Boyd's fighter model rather than the generic one, or my sword knight Mia have Makalov's model?

I have really enjoyed this rando so far, and I hope to explore the GBA games as well!

Small bug reports:

Chapter 18 starts automatically after you leave base. Basically you don't get a battle prep screen and sucks if rolf isn't in your 11 chosen units.

I forgot to report this but a lot of you recently are having these issues but in chapter 17 part 4 reyson was a bird/raven. He used vortex and kicked the air 10 times before stopping basically in an animation loop. Game goes on normally but he did 0 damage and basically moved with no action.

Got to chapter 24 and got Paragon skill from a randomized house. It's not usable and has IID_ELITE as its name. Screenshot below.

Lord ike cannot use regal sword as well. Hopefully he can use ragenell but if he can't imma be sad 😞

image.thumb.png.2d6fcbf7894adaa2faf96f35d8dde018.pngimage.thumb.png.604d1d64c7bb24be5d0435633bf00d32.png

A few other FE9 bugs:

Yeah Chapter 18 also started automatically without me being able to do preps, though I didn't bat an eye cause Shinon was a dead man after dying in Chapter 5 and I had everyone I needed plus Ulki and Janaff are killer Wyvern Lords.

Ena in Chapter 21 was randomized as a Paladin but kept the Red Dragon model and was unable to use her equipment.

13 hours ago, HamedM1 said:

A few other FE9 bugs:

Yeah Chapter 18 also started automatically without me being able to do preps, though I didn't bat an eye cause Shinon was a dead man after dying in Chapter 5 and I had everyone I needed plus Ulki and Janaff are killer Wyvern Lords.

Ena in Chapter 21 was randomized as a Paladin but kept the Red Dragon model and was unable to use her equipment.

I think we have similar seeds because Ena was also a paladin with 2 flame lances but can't equip with dragon model. But i ain't complaining.

11 hours ago, puneet9 said:

I think we have similar seeds because Ena was also a paladin with 2 flame lances but can't equip with dragon model. But i ain't complaining.

Lol same

Though my Ena had a bolt axe and a silver sword, without any hesitation she was slaughtered by Brom the gorgeous female swordmaster

Oddly enough also, Lucia was randomized as a general, it's like she traded places with Brom.

Only thing is my Brom is really good, and regular and randomized Lucia suck lol. 

Is this patch have Skill Scrolls (learn a random skill) and Amnesia Scrolls ?

Enemy units with a same class have different skills ?  

Im not good in english. So I write it short as possible to easy to understand.  Sorry if it sounds to be impolite..

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to do some type of button input to control enemies in this like there is in circles everywhere's fe8 randomizer?

Edit: Never mind I figured out that FEBuilder has a patch for it

Edited by Ryn

i'm not sure if this has already been asked in the thread (and if so, i apologize in advance) but i've got a pretty big issue here

whenever i load the randomized rom, without fail, i'm greeted with a perpetual black screen once the IS logo disappears, and the intro cinematic can't play.

i'm currently using yune version 0.9.1. if anyone knows any ways to correct this issue, responses would be appreciated. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing an fe6 randomizing using this, and things were going really well up until chapter 16. For unknown reasons, no matter what I do, the game softlocks near the end of the second enemy phase. I have tried several things in febuilder, such as removing enemies and changing items around, but nothing changes the fact that it softlocks. What makes this even weirder, is that there are no events that play normally when it softlocks. The only event on that turn is hugh (now karel as a nomad) talking about his wanting his pay, but the softlock occurs a while after that. At first I thought it might be the bishop with silence causing it, but after removing it, the softlock still occurs. I have attached my randomizing settings, and a screenshot of the softlock. the game still runs with music and everything, but no matter how long i wait it does not progress, and no inputs do anything.

UPDATE: I fixed the softlock. I tried moving the zeiss and hugh replacements to near my starting position, as well as the seize point so i could just end the chapter before it softlocked, but SOMEHOW that fixed the softlock. Upon further testing, moving the zeiss replacement outside of his normal starting room fixes the softlock completely. This makes no sense because he is already spawned by the time it normally softlocks and no events call him on that turn. I really just... dont get it, but it's fixed I guess? I tried importing my save onto the rom i used as the base game, and everything worked just fine, no softlock, so in some weird way this is the fault of the randomizer I guess?

FE6 randomizer settings.PNG

epic softlock time.png

Edited by Jerry311
wack

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, ParallelOracle said:

i'm not sure if this has already been asked in the thread (and if so, i apologize in advance) but i've got a pretty big issue here

whenever i load the randomized rom, without fail, i'm greeted with a perpetual black screen once the IS logo disappears, and the intro cinematic can't play.

i'm currently using yune version 0.9.1. if anyone knows any ways to correct this issue, responses would be appreciated. thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. This is something I've been looking into. This happens with real hardware and Dolphin if you have MMU emulation enabled. Some of the development versions also do this. There's something about the file structure in the ISO that I don't fully understand and don't emulate properly when rebuilding that causes this. I have some leads, but I'll have to get to them in a future release. For the time being, I know that the stable version of Dolphin (5.0) will not have the issue, and if you have MMU enabled, disable it for the time being. The newer versions will give you an error message, but emulation will continue if you ignore for the session.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:15 PM, Jerry311 said:

I have been playing an fe6 randomizing using this, and things were going really well up until chapter 16. For unknown reasons, no matter what I do, the game softlocks near the end of the second enemy phase. I have tried several things in febuilder, such as removing enemies and changing items around, but nothing changes the fact that it softlocks. What makes this even weirder, is that there are no events that play normally when it softlocks. The only event on that turn is hugh (now karel as a nomad) talking about his wanting his pay, but the softlock occurs a while after that. At first I thought it might be the bishop with silence causing it, but after removing it, the softlock still occurs. I have attached my randomizing settings, and a screenshot of the softlock. the game still runs with music and everything, but no matter how long i wait it does not progress, and no inputs do anything.

UPDATE: I fixed the softlock. I tried moving the zeiss and hugh replacements to near my starting position, as well as the seize point so i could just end the chapter before it softlocked, but SOMEHOW that fixed the softlock. Upon further testing, moving the zeiss replacement outside of his normal starting room fixes the softlock completely. This makes no sense because he is already spawned by the time it normally softlocks and no events call him on that turn. I really just... dont get it, but it's fixed I guess? I tried importing my save onto the rom i used as the base game, and everything worked just fine, no softlock, so in some weird way this is the fault of the randomizer I guess?

FE6 randomizer settings.PNG

epic softlock time.png

This is useful to know. I had a report about this a while ago, and while it sounds like the root cause of yours is different based on the resolution you used to get rid of it, there's definitely something fishy about this chapter in particular. It seems to cause a lot of other issues as well, with reports of stats randomly being negative being the next major bug. The fix I had was for an issue where FE6 softlocks if an AI-controlled non-thief unit were in possession of a lockpick, as I guess that freezes up their AI subroutine. Not sure if you had any of those around, but since it fixed itself when you moved some units around, it's probably not that.

Update 0.9.2 is now available. This release fixes some fundamental issues that were causing bizarre issues where the changelog sometimes didn't match what was actually in the game. This also re-enables Lethe and Rolf for randomization, as the reason why they didn't seem to be applying was because of this exact issue. Beyond that, this release also does chapter scripting far more intelligently, which, beyond allowing for some chests that weren't randomizable to be randomized, but also adds logic to make sure scripted events like Shinon and Gatrie's rejoin weapons are correct to their new class.

Release: https://github.com/lushen124/Universal-FE-Randomizer/releases/tag/0.9.2

Hey, just downloaded the new update to use with FE9 but the maps won't work, It comes up with an "invalid read from 0x00000018, PC = 0x8001d7f0" box and has to be forced quit to exit just before the prologue loads (after the cutscene). This has happened regardless of my randomizer options (even with them all off), my rom works fine normally, I tried re-downloading dolphin v5 and that didn't work either. Any help would be super appreciated as I'd love to try out the randomizer! 

Weird. Is this is from a fresh save? I've seen this kind of error pop up with Dolphin, but ignoring for the session seems to allow it to continue for me. Do you by chance have MMU enabled? I recommend disabling that as there are some more issues that prevent it from working on real hardware and MMU makes Dolphin perform as close to real hardware as possible.

The stable version of Dolphin (from like 3 years ago) shouldn't have any issues, but the latest version will work so long as that option is not enabled (though you will get the invalid read error).

Edited by lushen124

48 minutes ago, MarcoFE said:

I downloaded Yune, got the FE 9 rom, and randomized it, but it still is loading text data it says. Anybody knows how long this takes or what I’m doing wrong? 

It shouldn't take that long to load text data.

What you can do is, while Yune is open, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the debug console and try randomizing again. This will print out what the randomizer is actually doing. I don't recommend this normally, as this makes the randomization take longer, but if it is indeed getting stuck, you may be able to see what it's getting stuck on.

11 hours ago, lushen124 said:

Weird. Is this is from a fresh save? I've seen this kind of error pop up with Dolphin, but ignoring for the session seems to allow it to continue for me. Do you by chance have MMU enabled? I recommend disabling that as there are some more issues that prevent it from working on real hardware and MMU makes Dolphin perform as close to real hardware as possible.

The stable version of Dolphin (from like 3 years ago) shouldn't have any issues, but the latest version will work so long as that option is not enabled (though you will get the invalid read error).

Ah it was the dolphin version! I didn't realise i had a recent build, used the straight v5 and it worked fine, thanks!

9 hours ago, lushen124 said:

It shouldn't take that long to load text data.

What you can do is, while Yune is open, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the debug console and try randomizing again. This will print out what the randomizer is actually doing. I don't recommend this normally, as this makes the randomization take longer, but if it is indeed getting stuck, you may be able to see what it's getting stuck on.

It still doesn’t do anything, maybe because of the rom? Does somebody have a good link for the Fire emblem PoR (9) Rom. Even when I press Ctrl + Shift + C nothing appears. Only: Debug Console and at namespace DebugP... and at message: Registered Listener. Ready to send messages. I don’t know what to do by now. If I want to randomize, Yune doesn’t recognize the rom which FE it is. Maybe I just have the wrong rom? 

2 minutes ago, MarcoFE said:

It still doesn’t do anything, maybe because of the rom? Does somebody have a good link for the Fire emblem PoR (9) Rom. Even when I press Ctrl + Shift + C nothing appears. Only: Debug Console and at namespace DebugP... and at message: Registered Listener. Ready to send messages. I don’t know what to do by now. If I want to randomize, Yune doesn’t recognize the rom which FE it is. Maybe I just have the wrong rom? 

Oh... I do have the good rom, because I can play the FE9 on Dolphin.

3 minutes ago, MarcoFE said:

Maybe you didn't unzip it? It's possible that it's just in a format Yune doesn't recognize.

Edited by Benice

I went to give FE9 a try but I seem to get stuck at recalculation file offsets. I had it run overnight but it never progress past this part. I'm not very computer smart so it could be something with my laptop or that I'm doing wrong. For reference I'm using the 64 bit one as the other one doesn't seem to load. Should I be able to load the 32 one? Sorry for the possible dumb question.

2 hours ago, BlazingHand said:

I went to give FE9 a try but I seem to get stuck at recalculation file offsets. I had it run overnight but it never progress past this part. I'm not very computer smart so it could be something with my laptop or that I'm doing wrong. For reference I'm using the 64 bit one as the other one doesn't seem to load. Should I be able to load the 32 one? Sorry for the possible dumb question.

If you're using the 64-bit one, you shouldn't have this issue (unless you're running out of memory even on the 64-bit VM). The 32-bit one will very likely run out of memory for FE9, so definitely don't use that one. That said, if you are indeed running out of memory, there's not much that could be done for the time being. I could look into optimizing it for memory usage, but since Yune avoids writing extra files to the hard drive, it has to keep quite a bit of data in memory to randomize it.

I would check to make sure you are indeed running the 64-bit one, and then I would check if you have enough disk space. The randomizer creates a brand new ISO out of the one you give it, so you'll need 1.4GB free. That said, if your hard drive is also low on space, then I would recommend writing to a different drive or clean some stuff off of the drive. Even on the slowest of computers it shouldn't take that long to calculate file offsets. The only file that takes a noticeable amount of time to calculate is system.cmp (because that's where most of the changes happen), so if it's any other file that it's recalculating, it's definitely stuck.

13 hours ago, MarcoFE said:

If you had the wrong ISO, then the randomizer would have told you when you first loaded it up (it should have told you the checksum didn't match anything the randomizer knew about). Assuming you didn't see that dialog, it should work. Now if you did see that dialog, then chances are good it's either the wrong version or the wrong format. Yune operates off of the clean ISO directly ripped from the disc, while Dolphin can support a variety of formats.

Specifically, if you saw this dialog:

image.png.e5b2c75860ce2df180131c67cd646897.png

That's probably the wrong version or wrong format. If you want to run the checksum, the CRC32 for FE9 should be F24CB38A.

45 minutes ago, lushen124 said:

If you had the wrong ISO, then the randomizer would have told you when you first loaded it up (it should have told you the checksum didn't match anything the randomizer knew about). Assuming you didn't see that dialog, it should work. Now if you did see that dialog, then chances are good it's either the wrong version or the wrong format. Yune operates off of the clean ISO directly ripped from the disc, while Dolphin can support a variety of formats.

That's probably the wrong version or wrong format. If you want to run the checksum, the CRC32 for FE9 should be F24CB38A.

Yes, that is excactly the screen that pops up... Where can I find a good rom of FE9 which works? 

51 minutes ago, lushen124 said:

5 minutes ago, MarcoFE said:

Yes, that is excactly the screen that pops up... Where can I find a good rom of FE9 which works? 

Because when I download the one from the code it is a .7z file. Sorry I’m not good in this but it shows just a white paper that I can’t do anything with... The .iso files are showing the screen u’re showing... Sorry if I’m dumb but it is my first time