LHB: Chrom

Hilda

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Videos (Honestly, i didn't even think about it) because it almost never works LOL) however

image2.png

first try too so that was very impressive. Her Dance Crew was MIcaiah doing some work, Peony and LAzura per usual. Many of the Gold Accessories look so weird, but Ophelia almost always makes it work. 

OH - just so i am not bringing up too many older threads. I also beat Lyn
image0.png

and I beat Sothis

image1.png

That's basically everything i had open for the most part. Chrom i will say was tricky. some Aerobatics and what not and a lot of Horses. but positioning was relatively great especially once Ophelia and Azura took some damage for wom-ing purposes. 

Edited by daisy jane

Here's my video of this LHB. It was not that bad, mainly because I used Duo Alm. Nowi did her part as well, as always. Marth and Lucius were there to support.

@DarkAlf @Landmaster @Vicious Sal @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Rinco @TEKWRX @daisy jane

@Hilda That was an amazing video! And now you have Summoner Support with all Askr Trio, just like in the Feh Channel.

@Maaka Great job! You are the 2nd person that I see that uses NY Azura to galeforce. The first one was...

@mampfoid Another great video. It's so cool all you guys can get a solution so quickly.

@Nowi's Husband Yay! Nowis for the win! Great job with you video and in building all your Nowis.

@LordFrigid Great video! You sued pretty well your units, and I am surprised with that +10 Adrestian Scum Edelgard.

EDIT: I also did a clear without using Nowi, because I was challenged to do it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Chrom is a pretty big pain to check. Not future vision makes it hard to check his range.

That and the annoying blue mage causes Abyssal to still need a bit of puzzling. So in the meantime I just did a small infernal run.
@Landmaster

Edited by Sasori

cleared the abyssal difficulty with +10 +10 (flowers) +atk brave ike, an incomplete +2 reinhardt, +6 reyson and my beloved +7 levin

quite easy, i must say, ike tanked almost everyone (except for that damn axebreaker red mage), levin got rid of the most threatening units while reinhardt killed the 99hp sword armor and killed those units with little hp left

Far too hard on infernal. Should be easier. Even with a bunch of Res buffs, my best tanks still get killed by these mages. Completely ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, there's too many enemy reinforcements. I still don't know why that hasn't been toned down some in some of the battles that use them. There have been a few where they aren't a big problem, but in LHBs and MHBs in particular, it gives the enemy an unfair advantage. No one can possibly enjoy that.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Far too hard on infernal. Should be easier. Even with a bunch of Res buffs, my best tanks still get killed by these mages. Completely ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, there's too many enemy reinforcements. I still don't know why that hasn't been toned down some in some of the battles that use them. There have been a few where they aren't a big problem, but in LHBs and MHBs in particular, it gives the enemy an unfair advantage. No one can possibly enjoy that.

Peony will make or break your run (don't underestimate her speed bonus).  So will Drive skills.

That being said. . .

Chrom's Atk buff negation meant that Legendary Azura's niche was "one more move on Dance".  Peony's is "Atk/Spd +5 which Chrom can't negate".  So I swapped my blue flying dancer, which gave Leon just enough oomph to ORKO Chrom with some good Peony positioning.  The rest of the fodder went down fairly quickly.  This was on Infernal.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Peony will make or break your run (don't underestimate her speed bonus).  So will Drive skills.

That being said. . .

Chrom's Atk buff negation meant that Legendary Azura's niche was "one more move on Dance".  Peony's is "Atk/Spd +5 which Chrom can't negate".  So I swapped my blue flying dancer, which gave Leon just enough oomph to ORKO Chrom with some good Peony positioning.  The rest of the fodder went down fairly quickly.  This was on Infernal.

I was using Peony though. Her Fortify Res 4 helps my tanking because my best tanks generally have lower Res than Def, but still good Res, or in Brave Ike's case, can cut the damage with his weapon and refine. Brave Ike is +10 with +10 flowers and NY Alfonse + Sharena is running Distant Def seal too. I've also been trying to use GD Ike who's also +10. NY Alfonse + Sharena is +1 as is Peony.

But they still can't tank enough because there are too many enemies. If there's no way they can do this, I don't know what can.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I was using Peony though. Her Fortify Res 4 helps my tanking because my best tanks generally have lower Res than Def, but still good Res, or in Brave Ike's case, can cut the damage with his weapon and refine. Brave Ike is +10 with +10 flowers and NY Alfonse + Sharena is running Distant Def seal too. I've also been trying to use GD Ike who's also +10. NY Alfonse + Sharena is +1 as is Peony.

But they still can't tank enough because there are too many enemies. If there's no way they can do this, I don't know what can.

The enemies that hit hard have mediocre defenses.  The enemies that absorb hits aren't particularly scary.  My general strategy is smack everything around with Leon.

Chrom is particularly tricky, since he negates defense BONUSES (blue numbers) and attack penalties on himself.  If you want to engage him safely, you'll need in-battle bonuses and penalties (Peony's line attack bonus is one such source).  So is Drive Def, Goad/Ward skills, etc.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

The enemies that hit hard have mediocre defenses.  The enemies that absorb hits aren't particularly scary.  My general strategy is smack everything around with Leon.

Chrom is particularly tricky, since he negates defense BONUSES (blue numbers) and attack penalties on himself.  If you want to engage him safely, you'll need in-battle bonuses and penalties (Peony's line attack bonus is one such source).  So is Drive Def, Goad/Ward skills, etc.

I think I did notice some skills on Chrom and one of the mages that might've been negating Peony's Res buffs... That and the blue mage having a freaking blade tome would explain it. But even when I do manage to kill the mages, Brave Ike and NY Alfonse still can't survive everything else coming their way, even with GD Ike chipping in because there are so many damn reinforcements...

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

These are all good ideas. Male Corrin, Brave Lucina, Kaden... All these can grant the support needed as well.

Another good strategy against Chrom is to also engage combat when your unit doesn't have Full HP. The extra Atk/Def-6 can hurt a lot and boost Chrom's defenses.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I think I did notice some skills on Chrom and one of the mages that might've been negating Peony's Res buffs... That and the blue mage having a freaking blade tome would explain it. But even when I do manage to kill the mages, Brave Ike and NY Alfonse still can't survive everything else coming their way, even with GD Ike chipping in because there are so many damn reinforcements...

I wouldn't try to tank your way through this one, precisely because of what you mentioned.  But if you really want to give this a shot, either Veronica or a Fear+ staffbot can help you out (Clarine's the best for this IMO because she's on a horse).  Though I don't know if Alfonse/Ike can take everything out otherwise.  I'm not sure how critical Brave Ike's B skill is, but Guard will help against Chrom (he can't Aether you if his Special cooldown never decreases).

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I wouldn't try to tank your way through this one, precisely because of what you mentioned.  But if you really want to give this a shot, either Veronica or a Fear+ staffbot can help you out (Clarine's the best for this IMO because she's on a horse).  Though I don't know if Alfonse/Ike can take everything out otherwise.  I'm not sure how critical Brave Ike's B skill is, but Guard will help against Chrom (he can't Aether you if his Special cooldown never decreases).

Someone above mentioned that they used Brave Ike to tank a lot of things though. I'm not sure how they could've done it when mine is just as fully built and doesn't do so, but why would they be lying?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Someone above mentioned that they used Brave Ike to tank a lot of things though. I'm not sure how they could've done it when mine is just as fully built and doesn't do so, but why would they be lying?

One unit can be used in different strategies.  With Alfonse/Ike, you're focused on pure defense.  The other guy has Levin/Reinhardt.  Reinhardt can take care of the pesky red units that would threaten Ike, and Levin can safely initiate and kill the squishy things that have higher offense.

Just now, eclipse said:

One unit can be used in different strategies.  With Alfonse/Ike, you're focused on pure defense.  The other guy has Levin/Reinhardt.  Reinhardt can take care of the pesky red units that would threaten Ike, and Levin can safely initiate and kill the squishy things that have higher offense.

True, yeah. I decided to try switching out NY Alfonse and GD Ike with Reinhardt and RD Ike respectively so the latter can run his tactics and stuff. That worked after a couple tries!

Infernal was ridiculously easy this time around. Hilariously the Trilemma cleric got Chrom killed by making Julia resilient enough that he only did 10 damage to her (further reduced to 6 by L!Lucina's Distant Guard) when she had 13 health left, at which point she dropped Glacies on him for 105 damage. I found that being aggressive paid off quite well this time around, clearing in 3 turns with L!Ike and Julia straight up obliterating the enemies. Their focus on damage didn't help them much against Radiant Aether and B!Lucina's Speed buffs.

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

cleared the abyssal difficulty with +10 +10 (flowers) +atk brave ike, an incomplete +2 reinhardt, +6 reyson and my beloved +7 levin

quite easy, i must say, ike tanked almost everyone (except for that damn axebreaker red mage), levin got rid of the most threatening units while reinhardt killed the 99hp sword armor and killed those units with little hp left

Tanking anything with Brave Ike is really easy

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Brave Heroes Ike is strong, but he is far from invincible, so make sure you know what his limits are. Just like in Aether Raids, you also want to check enemies' skills and stats before you press End Turn. You do not have to check every enemies' skills in PvE though, cause I certainly do not, but you should check the skills of enemies that BH!Ike is weak to, generally anything red that targets Res.

I think the difficulty is just fine. For players who run a nuke with 3 Dancers/Singers, all Infernal and most Abyssal content are pretty easy and absolutely unchallenging.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brave Heroes Ike is strong, but he is far from invincible, so make sure you know what his limits are. Just like in Aether Raids, you also want to check enemies' skills and stats before you press End Turn. You do not have to check every enemies' skills in PvE though, cause I certainly do not, but you should check the skills of enemies that BH!Ike is weak to, generally anything red that targets Res.

I think the difficulty is just fine. For players who run a nuke with 3 Dancers/Singers, all Infernal and most Abyssal content are pretty easy and absolutely unchallenging.

Yeah, I do know he isn't going to survive every single thing regardless of what it is. I don't actually try that. That's why I had NY Alfonse, to deal with what he can't since that Alfonse is a blue tome unit packing Close Counter and he also has good defenses. And normally, they do wreck just about everything I send them against. I hadn't really yet tried them vs a map like this though, until today.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do know he isn't going to survive every single thing regardless of what it is. I don't actually try that. That's why I had NY Alfonse, to deal with what he can't since that Alfonse is a blue tome unit packing Close Counter and he also has good defenses. And normally, they do wreck just about everything I send them against. I hadn't really yet tried them vs a map like this though, until today.

pure enemy phase doesnt work in PVE most of the time on Abyssal unless you have a super buffed Brave Ike that runs with BLucina together. Its allways nice to have 1 sweeper/offensiv unit in PVE (recommended actually). Infernal shouldnt be too hard tough