LHB: Chrom

Hilda

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

pure enemy phase doesnt work in PVE most of the time on Abyssal unless you have a super buffed Brave Ike that runs with BLucina together. Its allways nice to have 1 sweeper/offensiv unit in PVE (recommended actually). Infernal shouldnt be too hard tough

Yeah, I was doing infernal. And I said I completed it with a slightly different team.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hilda Your clears always manage to put ours to shame. x)  The TA refine seems to work especially well for Alfonse.  So many recommend a stat boosting refine instead, but I just can't agree.  I know you were talking earlier about how some of these Abyssals have gotten ridiculous thanks Lull and other frustrating skills, but hopefully the triple summoner support has managed to alleviate that somewhat.

I've been wanting to showcase this team for a while, and I finally found the time and tactical prowess to pull it off in an Abyssal map.  Julius has taken the field with "friends" before, but now he gets to take along some true, no quotations friends.  Also serves as Kempf's first appearance in a clear, and Ishtar's +10 debut!

(As an addendum, I apologize to those who've tagged me in clears the past couple days - haven't had much of a chance to sit down and watch, let alone comment.  Maybe this weekend.)

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @LordFrigid @daisy jane

Think you can out-meme MY movement tech, do ya?

This took me more hours to figure out than I care to admit. The only team composition change was that Titania needed Reposition, but actually figuring out the right movement pattern for that full retreat mid-way through was like playing a goddamned Gridlock tabletop game. I found three solutions, one of which relied on Sylvia's extra S-Support from the Feh Pass and was thus dropped, and one of which is shown in this video. I wish I could've gone with the third one because it was a hilarious mess with everyone scrambling to go to the other corner after killing Chrom, but I only did it once and could not remember how for the life of me.

Edited by Some Jerk

These new Abyssals really don’t want Nowi to heal

Somehow this ended up being different than my original clear, which I can’t remember what I did for, but it basically ends the same, just Nowi’s final battles are in the center instead of the left corner. But not that hard overall~

@Maaka - GALEFORCE DANCER BLESS. Damn, Chrom is thicc. But Dad Bartre is thiccer.

I approve of the non-One Turn because Ares and Alm are good bois and Bartre is a good dad and still hella thicc~

@Nowi's Husband - Praying for Green Nowi every day. though the lack of one still hasn’t stopped your Nowi squad yet.

@LordFrigid - Edelgard blowing up Chrom was some fabulous overkill. The two Caedas killing everyone else is visually appealing for some reason, but I like it~ Hmmm, I wonder if we found the one voting for Edelgard~

@Diovani Bressan - Let’s see the no-Nowi clear. Oh we just use Reinhard instead. Next time they should challenge you to just use generic garbage units. But at least Duo All is new and fun and does a lot of work in both clears.

@Sasori - Shouta Emblem is back~ Lugh is really a great EP mage~ He’s stronger than I thought. Rolf is  great sniper once he gets into Despacito range and gets to run all over the place. Ross is such an anime protagonist, I really like the immersion whenever he does cool things like tanking Chroms and then killing him on the next turn. Very nice 10/10 anime clear, would watch again~

@DLNarshen - Oho, the debut of Ishtar at full power~ And I don’t think I’ve seen this Narcian before~ He looks pretty good, as does Kemph~ Unsurprisingly, Ishtar nukes much of the map and Julius protects her on Defense.Narcian was impressive tanking Chrom so Ishtar could finish him off, a well done team effort! 

@Some Jerk - I see Silvia tanking and Ninian nuking and I’m already pleased~ The retreat strategy just works sometimes, it was hilarious throwing Silvia in for the kills over and over, she’s such a monster.

Edited by Landmaster

So this is actually my first lhb abyssal clear. I don't usually try them, but felt like this one would be possible after a sorta mishmash team worked in infernal, just had to make one substitution to bring in Wolt, and switch Nils' seal to distant guard.

This is making me want to try to clear some if the others now!

@Diovani Bressan

Well. DC/Close Call Alm is exactly as disgusting as I thought he would be. Nowi did great, like usual as did male B Tome Nowi on a Horse.

Nice work!

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Hmmm, I wonder if we found the one voting for Edelgard~

Ah, yes, that was me, and my 2115 alts. For real though, the last thing I need right now is another copy of Edelgard.

Nice job on your clear! I especially liked how Nowi just refused to take damage from those red enemies at the end. And of course, just like in the Chrom & Lissa BHB, legendary Chrom uses his assist to catapult himself towards the team, where he is promptly eliminated by staff Elise. Poor guy just can’t catch a break.

And with that, I think operation catch-up is complete...sorry about your notification inbox.

~

Celica had a bit of a rough time at the very beginning, needing to deal with a Blue mage and high-Res R Tome Cav in the same turn, but it wasn’t so bad after that. Future Vision is much more annoying in the AI’s hands, at least in this battle.

Spoiler

Thrasir’s green-ness meant Chrom had a bad time. This one was a little more straightforward than Celica’s, fortunately.

Spoiler

Finally, the Dragon Wagon returns for my theme team clear. Maybe it’s a bit soon, but I really wanted to spite Chrom’s Armor/Flying effective bow. Duma even got to put in some actual work.

@Hilda You make the Askr trio look like broken armors that don't have to move.

@Maaka Bartre, huh? That's really high Atk. I've been building a Galeforce Echidna on the side myself.

@LordFrigid Wow, Pegasus Flight. Was that the difference-maker against the sword armor? Also, I still am not sure how that skill works in regards to the Spd check.

Also I lold at the dragon clear. WSothis just laughed at Chrom, even though he's so dangerous to... a lot of things.

@Diovani Bressan Damn, DC Close Call on Duo Alm. You went all in on him. And he proved his worth here. I don't think the enemies really had a chance.

@DLNarshen Damn, nice usage of Kempf. And Narcian, the best Judgral character. Narcian tanked Chrom well, and Ishtar finished him off. I was wondering if Kempf's Candlelight effect would be key to killing Chrom, but I guess it wasn't needed after all.

@Some Jerk I like that you used Trilemma to your advantage and basically neutered Chrom. Very intelligent play, lots of quick hit and run tactics.

@Landmaster I feel like it's actually been a while since I've seen staff Elise attack. Razzle Dazzle neutralizes Chrom, though. Assassinating troublesome stuff with the Elises while Nowi tanks the rest is solid.

@Alexmender @mcsilas @Zeo

Here's mine. Finished it yesterday, didn't post until today because I didn't have time to watch everyone else's yet. I was originally trying to hold the top portion of the map like most people did, which is why I brought Nanna for Gravity, but I soon gave up on that and decided to see how much rushing I can get away with.  And it was more than expected. Chrom also posed a big problem to a lot of options I had... Thankfully, not to the one option that matters.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow! That was a great clear! I don't see many Kageros around, but I can see she is pretty good! Celica with Galeforce and her Brave Lion is also cool! Nice job!

About DC Close Call Alm, I had a Mareeta that I got trying for Peony and I never used her since I got her in a circle without blue orbs. I was waiting for the right unit to fodder Mareeta, and Alm was the right unit. My plan is to start saving for the next time he appears, so I can try to give him more merges. I hope it's a Double Special, or a Legedary/Mythic banner with 2 others good green units (like Thrasir or L!Celica).

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow! That was a great clear! I don't see many Kageros around, but I can see she is pretty good! Celica with Galeforce and her Brave Lion is also cool! Nice job!

About DC Close Call Alm, I had a Mareeta that I got trying for Peony and I never used her since I got her in a circle without blue orbs. I was waiting for the right unit to fodder Mareeta, and Alm was the right unit. My plan is to start saving for the next time he appears, so I can try to give him more merges. I hope it's a Double Special, or a Legedary/Mythic banner with 2 others good green units (like Thrasir or L!Celica).

Kagero is very good at her job, yeah. She's just not great at multiple jobs, but she's broken in her niche.

I kinda want Close Call on my Hilda too, but I like Mareeta, so I don't want to fodder the only one I have.

@Landmaster Very bold of you to stick Nowi in range of all those enemies at only 4 Hp...not that I believed for even a moment she couldn't do it of course.  I'm so used to seeing a healing special on her I was bit surprised to not see her health go back up after tanking Chrom. =P   Good luck finishing OG Elise's merges when her revival banner comes back around!

@SatsumaFSoysoy A world warrior just like his fellow Whitewings.  I tried really hard to inflict outside damage + candlelight on Chrom, but I could never get him to move in a way that made that favorable.

I will always appreciate use of Nanna in a clear.  You had a few close calls at 1 Hp, but as usual Kagero was the most impressive, and this map was a great showcase of her weapon in particular.  Also just wanted to say that accessory is a perfect fit for Kagero - like it doesn't look out of place at all.  Holding the back of the map certainly seems like the easier way to do things, but I guess Celica makes the alternative charge strat more viable.  Well done!    

On 2/27/2020 at 3:35 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Here's my video of this LHB. It was not that bad, mainly because I used Duo Alm. Nowi did her part as well, as always. Marth and Lucius were there to support.

@DarkAlf @Landmaster @Vicious Sal @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Rinco @TEKWRX @daisy jane

@Hilda That was an amazing video! And now you have Summoner Support with all Askr Trio, just like in the Feh Channel.

@Maaka Great job! You are the 2nd person that I see that uses NY Azura to galeforce. The first one was...

@mampfoid Another great video. It's so cool all you guys can get a solution so quickly.

@Nowi's Husband Yay! Nowis for the win! Great job with you video and in building all your Nowis.

@LordFrigid Great video! You sued pretty well your units, and I am surprised with that +10 Adrestian Scum Edelgard.

EDIT: I also did a clear without using Nowi, because I was challenged to do it.

Nice Clears, making the weapon triangle work for you. =] Alm and Marth especially put a smile on my face.

Haven't started these yet, may just leave them for next time since I have not that much time to figure out a solution this week. 

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, Pegasus Flight. Was that the difference-maker against the sword armor? Also, I still am not sure how that skill works in regards to the Spd check.

Also I lold at the dragon clear. WSothis just laughed at Chrom, even though he's so dangerous to... a lot of things.

Re Pegasus Flight, she only needed it for the blue mage. The armor would’ve taken 2x 51. As for the stat checks, it’s:

• your (visible Spd + Phantom Spd) + 7 ≥ enemy (visible Spd + Phantom Spd)
  • your visible Res - enemy visible Res

That was my initial understanding, and I just wandered into Sothis Abyssal (thank you Odd Spd Wave blue mage that starts right next to her!) and tried things out, to be 100% sure.

Nice job on your clear! Lots of close fights at the beginning, and you really weren’t kidding when you said you got a lot of mileage out of a rushing approach. ...followed immediately by one of the hardest retreats I’ve ever seen. I’m kinda surprised the map let you get away with it.

This was a fun clear and it's essentially just Lif + Linde trashing the map 😅. It was pretty funny when I cleared this first try. I feel kinda bad that Mia didn't get to do much. Ai control and tactics~

Linde having no ivs and merges makes her really special to me for some reason. 

On 2/28/2020 at 2:33 AM, Landmaster said:

These new Abyssals really don’t want Nowi to heal

@Sasori - Shouta Emblem is back~ Lugh is really a great EP mage~ He’s stronger than I thought. Rolf is  great sniper once he gets into Despacito range and gets to run all over the place. Ross is such an anime protagonist, I really like the immersion whenever he does cool things like tanking Chroms and then killing him on the next turn. Very nice 10/10 anime clear, would watch again~

Oh thats one tanky Nowi. Even my gem refine Titania had trouble taking hits from Choms absurd attacks, but she managed to take that and several red units on 4 hp after that with ease. The rest of the loli's did a good job just killing everyone from range.

Hahah thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. The team worked surprisingly well for this run. Lugh could soak in hits, Ross could flail at Chrom and Rolf could do some desperation sniping.

@Unknown Gamer11 Congrats on your first Abyssal clear. Lots of familair faces on that team. It actually helped me out a bit on my own Abyssal clear. 

Speaking of my own clear
This Abyssal was a bit more work then I at first thought. The blue mage could nuke plenty of my mainstays, Healers are as annoying as always and Chrom can dish out a crazy amount of damage. But I did it with two horse powerhouses, Miracle Seliph and a flying dancer

Edited by Sasori

I brought along my Camilla and BK for the Abyssal map, my first clear I did last night but I was too tired at the time to remember what tactics I used. So I redid the map with a different approach this time, it's quite a fun map. One day I'll start recording my clears.

(I'm sorry for the eh quality, I record with what I can.)

I feel like this was kinda cheesed, but I'm just thankful that I managed to pull it off. 

Also, has anyone else ever seen a Special Spiral Sothis anywhere (with Time's Pulse and Quickened Pulse)? I can't be the only one with a Sothis like that, and I'm genuinely curious.

Lower difficulties gave my fliers enough hassle that I didn't want to try using them for Abyssal, but I found this video and was able to mostly follow along with it. The stats were kind of off, since my Jaffar is at +9 and has a full set of dragonflowers while my Ike is at +1, so I didn't bother supporting them. It worked out fine for the first few turns, but Ike's special charge ended up too far off to fight the red dragon properly. Fortunately by then I was able to have the two of them and Reinhardt just blow up everything that was left without much issue.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, Sasori said:

Oh thats one tanky Nowi. Even my gem refine Titania had trouble taking hits from Choms absurd attacks, but she managed to take that and several red units on 4 hp after that with ease. The rest of the loli's did a good job just killing everyone from range.

Hahah thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. The team worked surprisingly well for this run. Lugh could soak in hits, Ross could flail at Chrom and Rolf could do some desperation sniping.

@Unknown Gamer11 Congrats on your first Abyssal clear. Lots of familair faces on that team. It actually helped me out a bit on my own Abyssal clear. 

Speaking of my own clear
This Abyssal was a bit more work then I at first thought. The blue mage could nuke plenty of my mainstays, Healers are as annoying as always and Chrom can dish out a crazy amount of damage. But I did it with two horse powerhouses, Miracle Seliph and a flying dancer

Nice clear, cool seeing Seliph get some good use and seeing someone else use Wolt. Pent put in some nice work too! Glad mine was able to help you out some. I've been really happy with fox tome Ewan so far, and Lugh's been a mainstay since I started this game about a year ago, though his usual support partner of Idunn didn't make it in for this one.

Speaking of, the two of them got some great use as I went back and beat Julia's Abyssal as well, with Lugh even barely tanking Julia for me, twice. Took a little help from Distant Guard, but still.

Spoiler

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

On 2/28/2020 at 1:55 PM, DLNarshen said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy A world warrior just like his fellow Whitewings.  I tried really hard to inflict outside damage + candlelight on Chrom, but I could never get him to move in a way that made that favorable.

I will always appreciate use of Nanna in a clear.  You had a few close calls at 1 Hp, but as usual Kagero was the most impressive, and this map was a great showcase of her weapon in particular.  Also just wanted to say that accessory is a perfect fit for Kagero - like it doesn't look out of place at all.  Holding the back of the map certainly seems like the easier way to do things, but I guess Celica makes the alternative charge strat more viable.  Well done!    

That's too bad.

Yeah, Kagero just soaked enough damage to kill her maybe thrice over. The Special from the Blue Mage at the start was doing 56. The accessory just looks like she pulled up her scarf to cover her mouth lol.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, LordFrigid said:

Re Pegasus Flight, she only needed it for the blue mage. The armor would’ve taken 2x 51. As for the stat checks, it’s:

• your (visible Spd + Phantom Spd) + 7 ≥ enemy (visible Spd + Phantom Spd)
  • your visible Res - enemy visible Res

That was my initial understanding, and I just wandered into Sothis Abyssal (thank you Odd Spd Wave blue mage that starts right next to her!) and tried things out, to be 100% sure.

Nice job on your clear! Lots of close fights at the beginning, and you really weren’t kidding when you said you got a lot of mileage out of a rushing approach. ...followed immediately by one of the hardest retreats I’ve ever seen. I’m kinda surprised the map let you get away with it.

Huh, I see. Such a complicated skill.

The AI's penchant for using Reposition in the most defensive way possible was its downfall I guess.

@Hilda That music takes me way back to the Valter clear with the Askr Trio which I'm pretty sure was the first clear of yours I ever watched and probably still my favorite. As usual you make the trio look like titans. Veronica's ATK/SPD Push lasted just about the whole map and you make Anna look like a credible threat which to this day I lack understanding for. Alfonse's Aether proc at the beginning was also disgusting. All of the Askr trio having SS is also amazing and a great boon to you. You're probably one of the few people on this earth to use all your SS slots on them.

@LordFrigid Well, the enemies were lined up rather nicely and this was one of the easier Abyssal maps. So this was pretty expected. One of your units not even using Galeforce was pretty funny too.

@Diovani Bressan What a disgusting team. We all know how well Nowi holds up after all this time, especially with merges, Duo Alm with DC and Repel is gross and Marth's support capabilities on top just make things unfair. Then you brought a healer. The map should have just made all the enemies disappear as soon as it started, but they did that relatively quickly anyway I suppose.

I pretty much had no doubt you could crush the map without Nowi, but Reinhardt smacking things around was a nice bonus. Obviously he still holds up and Lull ATK/RES will only serve to keep him relevant.

@Sasori You beat the map without any overpowered or really strong units or builds. Respect for that. Bonus points for using Ross who may as well have been level 1 here given his potential, but he did a great job, especially smacking Chrom into oblivion.

@DLNarshen What a unique team! Ishtar is a fantastic choice for a +10 project and yours really shines here. FB4 gave her the oomph she needed to one-two punch most of the enemies and both her and Julius sit on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as phases go. Julius is fun to watch as usual, nothing really can scratch him enough to matter. Kempf and Narcian did their jobs exceptionally well also. Shout outs to Narcian softening up Chrom so Ishtar could finish the job, but I'll be honest, I thought Julius was going to deal with him somehow. I hope to see a clear with him, Ishtar and Julia in the future if you can manage it.

@Landmaster Elise kept taking quite a bit of punishment early on in the clear, but luckily Elise was there to keep Elise healthy. Jokes aside the clear was smooth but it didn't feel as easy as some of the other ones while watching. Despite his bulk it seemed like Nowi was going to have a lot easier of a time dealing with him than she ended up having. OG Elise swooping in to get the kill was surprise, though cool. A bit comedic for Nowi to run away in that moment and then the moment Chrom is gone she just gets repositioned back into the same spot like "HEY I'M BACK!" Dull Ranged was also pretty brilliant to completely shut down the blade tome bonuses. I couldn't understand how the red tome was doing 1 damage to her, even with her WTA.

@SatsumaFSoysoy I legit forgot Brave Celica existed. Being able to apply the brave effect to any weapon remains something so unique that she'll probably be the only unit to ever have it. Her and Kagero rocked this map. Kagero tanking things she should not have been able to tank and Celica not only killing but surviving things I wouldn't have expected her too. There were so many close calls and low-1 HP moments in this clear. It got a little scary when Chrom started moving, doing so somewhat unpredictably but your teams maneuvers were on point and Kagero turning 51 damage into a hit she could survive and subsequently ending Chrom without Desparation was easily the highlight of the clear. Never get tired of seeing her work. I love seeing people's +10 daggers. Everyone should have one. They always choose a different one which speaks so much to uniqueness and personality.

@mcsilas @Alexmender @daisy jane @Ginko @BoaFerox @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Othin @Usana @Ice Dragon @XRay

So I'm a day late. Really disappointing. I actually recorded half of my clears on like the second day of the map. But didn't get to the other half until 2 days before the map's expiry. I was really trying to upload on the last day but the entire 2nd half of my day unexpectedly got swallowed up, so here I am. Haven't really been doing normal team clears these days, trying different stuff to be more interesting, no bible's worth of text today. There are 4 clears so a quick synopsis as always.

Everyone's got a great Abyssal clear for this one so I'm going to jump right into the meat and potatoes of my clears with my own Abyssal clear. This is one of the easier Abyssal maps given how straightforward it is. Ruse skills own this map. The power couple returns for this clear (if you've watched one of my recent clears you know who those two are) and Ross and Lute come along for the ride in a "partners" clear. This is historically the easiest Abyssal map I've ever cleared. I was literally disappointed when I beat it in 2-3 tries without even triggering all the reinforcements. Once I took a slightly different approach and utilized the Ruse skill more along with doing a quick seal swap on Ross the map fell like a ton of bricks. Biggest irony is that I just threw together the 4 units I used to see if they could challenge the map, I would never have imagined it to to be so easy.

I was hoping to be able to use the entire song that I picked for the clear, I literally had to cut a 3rd of it.

The 2nd clear was a lot more on the spot than the first. Serra and Morgan take a break from their respective teams and come together in a crossover clear. Nils comes along instead of Ninian for freshness and F!Grima rounds out the team in what I'm pretty sure is her debut. I don't think I've ever used her in a clear. It took a try or so but it was relatively straightforward. I'm not sure I had to swap anything out at all. Nils gets a bit more action than you would expect also, so he's the thumbnail for this one.

It was so quick in fact that when it was time to record I literally forgot what I did to clear it the first time halfway through the map. So what you see here is actually improv on the spot. It's nice to have more of an organic clear every once in a while though I guess. It's not like it was really hard. Serra and Morgan are pretty established units even outside of their designated teams.

For the third clear I wanted to do something interesting that I'm pretty sure I've never done. This one is a "Divine" themed clear. Altina is human but her weapons are blessed by a goddess, Naga is the literal God of the Fire Emblem universe, Fae is a divine dragon and if you played through Book III you know what Eir's roots are.

I'd been waiting to do a clear with Altina so this was incredibly fun. She ended up sharing the spotlight with Fae who did an equal amount of work though which was a bit of a twist. The entire clear kind of was though, as it originally was going to be an all staves clear but that didn't work without giving Serra CC which I wasn't ready to do yet. I still incorperated Serra into the 3rd clear, which actually makes this clear the 2nd one, I just posted them out of order.

A little tinkering had to be done to get the kill on Chrom safely but Eir's healing and a bit of strategy remedied that with no skill or seal swapping on my units. A fun clear to be sure.

The last one is a tried and true themed special clear. I knew going in I wanted to do an Awakening clear and I haven't done one worth it's salt since the Aversa clear with Lon'Qu. Tagging @Anacybele for this one. You can scroll up for my other clears but I'm tagging you specifically for this one.

I played around with a lot of different Awakening units before settling on the four you see here. I knew in my heart I wanted to use my OG Chrom for this clear, he's been rather lukewarm in almost every clear he's been in and lacked clear direction so I've really wanted him to shine. After settling on Chrom, GF Frederick, L!Lucina, PA!Inigo for the team I still hit multiple roadblocks and fullstops reminiscent of the Aversa clear that had me contemplating quitting. Then after taking a minute to collect my thoughts, I finally decided to just pull the plug on giving Chrom some SI that I've always considered giving him in the back of my head. I just didn't want to regret it, and so far? I don't.

Lots of skill and seal swapping needed to get this whopper done. I managed to finish it a certain way, but after all this time I wanted Chrom to truly shine, so I did a bit more seal and skill swapping than necessary, but it was worth it. The only thing I don't regret was giving him that last merge. I didn't want to potentially tamper with AI movement after I'd finally got it done. I think though with the Speed ceiling having raised, I finally am able to settle on +ATK for his endgame nature and do away with my memey dreams of a +SPD Chrom.

But enough about that, blood sweat and tears in this one, but it was more than worth it. Chrom's first true Awakening clear where he shines. It might just be my favorite clear of the batch.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The power couple returns for this clear (if you've watched one of my recent clears you know who those two are)

Good to see Leila's Ally Support swapping mechanic in action. Looks real cool.