LHB: Chrom

Hilda

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Zeo I really liked your videos. Leila and Matthew work so well together!

Also, thank you for complimenting my "disgusting" units.

I'm sorry, I'm originally from the Fighting game community. We have lots of... different terms we use to describe things that are good or strong. Disgusting is a compliment in and of itself lol. Units like Altina and W!Sothis are "disgusting" in that regard so please take it that way if you hadn't already. 

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I'm sorry, I'm originally from the Fighting game community. We have lots of... different terms we use to describe things that are good or strong. Disgusting is a compliment in and of itself lol. Units like Altina and W!Sothis are "disgusting" in that regard so please take it that way if you hadn't already. 

No no. I understood what you meant before. I know what "disgusting" means. I was just thanking you for saying good things about them.

Nowi and DC Close Call Alm, both buffed by Marth and Joyous Lantern Lucius, is disgusting... and I love it!

Actually got the video done on 2nd day but gah, so late because forum ate post then became busy for a bit. Ah well, here's the usual late comments!

@Zeo Ack I knew I should've posted earlier lol, that Awakening clear will feel similar to mine lol. Love the Chrom clear the most, the boss battles vs his fake archer version of himself was truly outstanding! Freddie's Brave Axe sure was nostalgic, I miss that weapon and Galeforce would surely make mampfoid proud! Lucina shows the superior Future Vision for this map as well heh.

Partners clear seemed to go smoothly enough, can't get enough seeing your Ross. Neat Grima debut, and also Nils looks very fun! Serra absolutely wrecks things, and having debuffs just enhance her output.

Also Aldnoah/AoT music! So excited to get to try Altina, she looks really fun to use with those Brave effects. Fae absolutely demolished Chrom.

@Maaka GF Azura looks fun, dancers moving twice never gets old. That Bartre though! Non GF clear was amazing (rare to see Bartre special lines), Ares and Alm sure added some real firepower in that team. Amazing how Bartre tanked that red Fafnir!

@Diovani Bressan Almlica is crazy, showing Chrom the power of their bond. Nowi disrupting Firesweep is satisfying to see. Nice you ended the map at pretty much the same position at the start.

No Nowi but using Reinhardt? Tsk tsk. Been a while since I saw him in videos haha, still quite effective since that map clear was quicker so congrats

@DLNarshen Hooray for that team and Ishtar's final form debut! Seeing Narcian is refreshing in these clears, I know you've built him for arena but nice he gets action and tanks Chrom fairly well. His voice is fun, and Kempf looks fun to use!

@Landmaster Agh I should have used that prep music! Blue Elise makes a return! Using blade Elise to tank the green archer and ignore Distant Def effect is smart. Lol at the blue Flier dying to Glimmer for a red Elise.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow Azura barely lived straight away. Satisfying to see Kagero block most of the bladetome damage (already promoted mine and have to start giving her skills). Nice to see Nanna in the team, she also barely lived in one attack. Chrom's assist scared me, I thought he would have went north to chase Nanna. Also thought of Kagero straight away when I saw that accessory, nice choice!

@Alexmender @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @mampfoid @BoaFerox @daisy jane

Now for my as usual late clear. It's Awakening, I have to use some of my favourites in a clear!

Team is +Atk +1 Legendary Lucina, +HP/-Def Owain, +Atk/-Def Brady and +Atk +1 Performing Arts Inigo.'

Music is Divine Decree (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening

- Fun fact- While both Lucina (daughter) and Owain (nephew) are definitely related to Chrom, Brady and Inigo can both be Chrom's possible sons.

- Lucina says Future Vision > To Change Fate, and boy does the Swap assist help in tight maps like this. Lucina needed Distant Def to survive the first mage (and the +1 HP from the merge helped) while Desperation was needed to defeat her father (with some Pain support from Brady and chip damage from Inigo). FV is so flexible that i actually forgot the exact combination I did to clear this first and had to try and recreate this multiple times but settled for a different approach.

- While Lucina was very player phase, her cousin Owain took care of the enemy phase although his -Def hurt a little bit (good thing he has a Def bond). Inigo's raven TA combination was important not only in tanking Chrom but also baiting the red mages to the left and delay their approach. Brady brought the pain and his Infantry Rush helped Lucina killed the lance fighter faster so Inigo can Dance Brady instead into position. Enemy Trilemma abuse is a wonderful thing, getting TA on Owain really helped for his enemy phase fights.

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I legit forgot Brave Celica existed. Being able to apply the brave effect to any weapon remains something so unique that she'll probably be the only unit to ever have it. Her and Kagero rocked this map. Kagero tanking things she should not have been able to tank and Celica not only killing but surviving things I wouldn't have expected her too. There were so many close calls and low-1 HP moments in this clear. It got a little scary when Chrom started moving, doing so somewhat unpredictably but your teams maneuvers were on point and Kagero turning 51 damage into a hit she could survive and subsequently ending Chrom without Desparation was easily the highlight of the clear. Never get tired of seeing her work. I love seeing people's +10 daggers. Everyone should have one. They always choose a different one which speaks so much to uniqueness and personality.

I thought you've seen my Celica before... Though I didn't use her last month. Kagero really got to do something I think not many other units (or any?) could've done in this one, so I was pretty happy about it.

Nice power couple. Leila's Ruse was important, and Ross held out better than expected. I knew it was over when Leila was in position to swap Matthew in for the last few enemies. Did you Repo Leila back in so they could get a kill each?

Serra is always so strong. Unrelated, but I wonder how many people S Supported Serra and Matthew, then pulled Leila.

Chrom vs Chrom was neat. ORKO, too.

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow Azura barely lived straight away. Satisfying to see Kagero block most of the bladetome damage (already promoted mine and have to start giving her skills). Nice to see Nanna in the team, she also barely lived in one attack. Chrom's assist scared me, I thought he would have went north to chase Nanna. Also thought of Kagero straight away when I saw that accessory, nice choice!

I originally had Kagero try and tank the Blue Mage or something like that, but there were too many problems from the Sabotage Res on the healer, so I just decided to have Azura eat the hit. She's been getting hit more and more often in these I think. Chrom's targeting was chasing Azura while moving, so he kept getting displaced. The effective damage meant that was his highest damage to chase for, so I made use of that.

I like the scarf on Kagero a lot, yeah. Kagero's not too hard to build unless you want some hardcore stuff, so go for it!

Close calls there on Lucina and Owain, but they managed to make it out. Poor Lucina had to deal the final blow to her father.

I too, think overall Future Vision is the superior skill, despite the lack of stat buff. I can get the stat buff from other sources, but the double Swapping is really helpful.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

What a unique team! Ishtar is a fantastic choice for a +10 project and yours really shines here. FB4 gave her the oomph she needed to one-two punch most of the enemies and both her and Julius sit on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as phases go. Julius is fun to watch as usual, nothing really can scratch him enough to matter. Kempf and Narcian did their jobs exceptionally well also. Shout outs to Narcian softening up Chrom so Ishtar could finish the job, but I'll be honest, I thought Julius was going to deal with him somehow. I hope to see a clear with him, Ishtar and Julia in the future if you can manage it.

Thanks!  This was Ishtar's map for sure.  So glad I decided to invest in her more.  As I was working the clear out, I tried to have Julius tank a hit from Chrom, but he gets cleanly one-shot unfortunately. =[  As for Julia...I have other ideas in mind for her in the future. ; ) 

This is historically the easiest Abyssal map I've ever cleared.

Watching this, I believe it!  Matthew and Leila did what they're built to do of course, but if I'm being honest I was most impressed by Ross's contributions.  One wouldn't think a +1, instant 3-4 unit with no Prf would be able to stand out much on most Abyssal maps, but her comes Ross ready to one-round Chrom and tank red mages of all things.  I could only wish to clear the map without triggering all the reinforcements. x)

The 2nd clear was a lot more on the spot than the first. Serra and Morgan take a break from their respective teams and come together in a crossover clear. Nils comes along instead of Ninian for freshness and F!Grima rounds out the team in what I'm pretty sure is her debut. I don't think I've ever used her in a clear. It took a try or so but it was relatively straightforward. I'm not sure I had to swap anything out at all. Nils gets a bit more action than you would expect also, so he's the thumbnail for this one.

Serra and a young male mage huh?  Perhaps we're due for another reunion on the next FE7-themed banner.  Some kind of clever attack + splash damage combo was something I really wanted to do with Kempf in my own clear, but Serra pulls it off really nicely here.  If nothing else it kept the healer distracted. 

For the third clear I wanted to do something interesting that I'm pretty sure I've never done. This one is a "Divine" themed clear. Altina is human but her weapons are blessed by a goddess, Naga is the literal God of the Fire Emblem universe, Fae is a divine dragon and if you played through Book III you know what Eir's roots are.

Nice to see that one of Serra's partners in crime, Fae, was able to nab a spot on this team!  It's rare to see anyone using Naga outside of AR (and probably won't be used much there once we get the free Altina).  I'm sure you have mixed feelings about the result of the voting gauntlet, especially since you have the ideal bane on your Altina, but if nothing else this makes me excited to try her out once she's distributed. 

The last one is a tried and true themed special clear. I knew going in I wanted to do an Awakening clear and I haven't done one worth it's salt since the Aversa clear with Lon'Qu. Tagging @Anacybele for this one. You can scroll up for my other clears but I'm tagging you specifically for this one.

Galeforce Fred looks fun!  A true hit and run star with his Wings of Mercy.  I admit, I was not expecting OG Chrom of all people to not only tank, but one-round bow Chrom in return.  What a powerhouse.  Hopefully he's been doing some good work for you in Rokkr Sieges with his Brave Sword build as well! 

@mcsilas I find that the enemy clerics with Trilemma always tend to help my team rather than hurt them. You may have done an awakening clear too, but L!Lucina was the clear star of this one. It's pretty funny, I'm very jealous of yours surviving that blue mage at the beginning because that is something I could not make happen no matter what I did. She zipped around the field gracefully here, showing L!Chrom just who's swapping skill is better. Brady came in clutch for her with his infantry rush while providing some key chipping, Owain (who has the exact same nature as mine btw!) was more on the backend of things but he did his part as well and Inigo did a fantastic job of tanking Chrom with the classic TA Raven. I was wondering if he was going to have to do that for me in my clear but it didn't end up happening. Great stuff here! You wanted to post before me because of similar themes but your clear is in a league all it's own~

On 3/5/2020 at 7:26 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I thought you've seen my Celica before... Though I didn't use her last month. Kagero really got to do something I think not many other units (or any?) could've done in this one, so I was pretty happy about it.

Nice power couple. Leila's Ruse was important, and Ross held out better than expected. I knew it was over when Leila was in position to swap Matthew in for the last few enemies. Did you Repo Leila back in so they could get a kill each?

Serra is always so strong. Unrelated, but I wonder how many people S Supported Serra and Matthew, then pulled Leila.

I'd actually seen her in your Thrasir clear now that I remember. I actually haven't seen her since then. In anyone elses videos or in FEH itself. The infantry sword pool is just so bloated now.

I literally did swap her in for that exact reason. It's funny that someone noticed. Matt could have easily taken the last two enemies by himself.

It's pretty funny actually, I considered supporting Serra and Matt when Matt was freshly build, but Serra was a newly promoted +0 that lacked direction and by the time she was worthy of a support partner, Matt and Inigo had already become bros 4 lyfe.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:30 PM, DLNarshen said:

Watching this, I believe it!  Matthew and Leila did what they're built to do of course, but if I'm being honest I was most impressed by Ross's contributions.  One wouldn't think a +1, instant 3-4 unit with no Prf would be able to stand out much on most Abyssal maps, but her comes Ross ready to one-round Chrom and tank red mages of all things.  I could only wish to clear the map without triggering all the reinforcements. x)

You think he's impressive now? Just wait until he gets his +10 merges, or Time's Pulse... or Rouse SPD/DEF, or Infantry Breath support from Lute... or a prf.

Serra and a young male mage huh?  Perhaps we're due for another reunion on the next FE7-themed banner.  Some kind of clever attack + splash damage combo was something I really wanted to do with Kempf in my own clear, but Serra pulls it off really nicely here.  If nothing else it kept the healer distracted. 

Nice to see that one of Serra's partners in crime, Fae, was able to nab a spot on this team!  It's rare to see anyone using Naga outside of AR (and probably won't be used much there once we get the free Altina).  I'm sure you have mixed feelings about the result of the voting gauntlet, especially since you have the ideal bane on your Altina, but if nothing else this makes me excited to try her out once she's distributed. 

Galeforce Fred looks fun!  A true hit and run star with his Wings of Mercy.  I admit, I was not expecting OG Chrom of all people to not only tank, but one-round bow Chrom in return.  What a powerhouse.  Hopefully he's been doing some good work for you in Rokkr Sieges with his Brave Sword build as well! 

I'm not ready for Erk haha. It still feels really weird having Matt and Inigo ripped apart. Even if Matt and Leila have perfect synergy.

Naga would probably be a decent unit if anyone cared enough to invest into her. She's doomed to be an AR bot though. I don't know of anyone that likes her enough to +10 her. She's not really a character. She's just... God. Basically.

Yeah, Altina was one of the worst case scenarios for me unfortunately. Sothis, Alfonse, Leif, W!Sothis, even potentially Edelgard would have been better choices for me. But had I not had her already she'd be far and away the best choice to win and my #1 pick so I understand people's excitement. At the very least I'll have to choose between either merging her (neutral +1 would probably be better than +HP/-SPD +1 I think), keeping the two copies for scoring or giving ATK/DEF Oath to Chrom.

You'll have tons of fun with her when you get her though. She's absurdly powerful.

It's actually pretty funny... I didn't use him in the last Rokkr Sieges. I used my staple Brave Roy and.... Altina.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, Altina was one of the worst case scenarios for me unfortunately. Sothis, Alfonse, Leif, W!Sothis, even potentially Edelgard would have been better choices for me. But had I not had her already she'd be far and away the best choice to win and my #1 pick so I understand people's excitement. At the very least I'll have to choose between either merging her (neutral +1 would probably be better than +HP/-SPD +1 I think), keeping the two copies for scoring or giving ATK/DEF Oath to Chrom.

You'll have tons of fun with her when you get her though. She's absurdly powerful.

Altina was my third choice, personally; I was gunning for either L!Leif or Duo Alfonse.  Leif because Thracia/Jugdral bias + he seems similarly strong to Altina, and Alfonse because I could really make use of that CC + Special Spiral fodder he has.  Although as someone who currently runs two Naga in Astra season...I welcome the chance to make those weeks just a little less miserable.

@mcsilas Yeah I've been really enjoying Kempf so far.  He didn't really get to show off his unique properties on this map much, but there will be other opportunities (but if these maps are going to get even harder soon...).

Sometimes I forget that the PA!Inigo is actually supposed to be, well, Inigo and not Laslow lol.  I did a double-take when I saw Infantry Rush on Brady.  “Waaaait, he doesn’t come with that does he?”  He does apparently, and I recently sacked my summer Noire for that skill.  Not that I’ve ever pulled a Brady anyway, but uh, good to know.  Lucina kinda puts her allies to shame here, but Inigo did well to tank Chrom.  Nice use of splash damage too – something I’d like to start taking advantage of more. 

I stopped procastinating and decided to finally edit the music for my clear (and a few others that you'll soon see). Regardless, it seems I have quite a ton of catch up to do so let's start from there. 

@Landmaster The Elise gang is still at it with nuking any map they face into oblivion. Seeing Nowi hold off with >10 HP was pretty intense and recieving 1 dmg from a Blade tome mage shows that she's extremely tanky. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy Kagero certainly took the spotlight with all that tanking and quick dispatching of enemies around her. Not like Celica didn't had her own time to shine with all those aggressive plays at the beginning. The most surprising part was when L!Azura survived at 1 HP and Nanna followed her example a bit later. Also 10/10 music!

@Zeo Haha, just as one would expect Matt and Leila are really made for each other. Although Ross was what caught my attention the most this time, destroying Chrom in 1 round of combat is impressive as it is but taking just 15 dmg from him is pretty bonkers! 

The Morgan and Serra colab was superb! Having Serra go all the way into the enemy lines and survive the upcoming onslaught was a sight to behold, and then we have Nils tanking that flier at the end like a champ. Morgan himself did what he does best which is tactically weaken his foes while buffing the team in order to destroy them. I loved the music in this clear. 

Using a mostly vanilla Naga is surprising considering her AR skill does nothing for her, but she was mostly there to take care of whatever pesky units managed to get above Altina and Fae. Those two were the stars of the show with all the tanking and destruction they gave to Chrom's team. There weren't many surprises or "OMG" moments in this clear, but that means it went pretty smoothly and that's a nice thing to see every now and then. 

And last but not least the Awakening clear. Seeing OG!Chrom deal so much punishment is pretty nuts, all those OHKOs he dealt were superb. Frederick took care of the sidelines while Lucina offered offensive support and her Distant Guard to let Chrom tank himself. But really, Chrom vs Chrom was really incredible!

@mcsilas The future kids proving King Chrom that they can deal with anything Grima throws at them is a nice theme. The way you  used L!Lucina was really clever when combined with Brady's Pain+ usage. Owain decided he wanted to be at the center of the fight to show his heroic lines, and those nuclear Blue Flames certainly made him shine amidst the fire. Really nice stuff!

- - - -

So yeah, I think these clears (you'll see some notification spam from me shortly, please understand) will be the beginning of me closing Eirika's curtains when it comes to Hero Battle maps. It has been a fun ride, but I think it is about time to try some new blood when it comes to clears. I don't have anyone specific right now but I've been playing with a certain unit that ended up being a lot more fun than I initially thought. 

As for more specific reasons to retire Eirika. It is a mix of me getting a little bored with FEH in general, all the Lull stuff throwing a wrench on Eirika's playstyle and the announcement that IS is going to increase stats for Lunatic and above enemies in future maps, which will be an eventual death sentence to my solo strats that rely on OHKOing things. 

But enough about my ramblings, here's clear No.1 from the ESF (Eirika Solo Festival) Abyssal edition. 

On 3/2/2020 at 1:51 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Nice clear, cool seeing Seliph get some good use and seeing someone else use Wolt. Pent put in some nice work too! Glad mine was able to help you out some. I've been really happy with fox tome Ewan so far, and Lugh's been a mainstay since I started this game about a year ago, though his usual support partner of Idunn didn't make it in for this one.

Speaking of, the two of them got some great use as I went back and beat Julia's Abyssal as well, with Lugh even barely tanking Julia for me, twice. Took a little help from Distant Guard, but still.

Reveal hidden contents

Neat run. I'm also saying my future project Tethys. Tanking Bluelia is no mean feat. With extra help or without it. 

@Zeo Thanks. I do like using my underdog units. Ross is one of those units I probably should go around to finishing one of these days. Either by completing his Slaying axe build or giving him a defensive rearguard build.  But he did a good job as he was in the current run. Still your Ross did seem to blow mine out of the water. He even tanked Abyssal Chrom with little problem.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:35 PM, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Kagero certainly took the spotlight with all that tanking and quick dispatching of enemies around her. Not like Celica didn't had her own time to shine with all those aggressive plays at the beginning. The most surprising part was when L!Azura survived at 1 HP and Nanna followed her example a bit later. Also 10/10 music!

I quite like this song too. Also lol the HP boon on my Azura became important, yeah.

RIP Eirika solos. But her strength has always been her ability to attract allies. It's not a problem at all if you don't do solos anymore. Just don't give up on her!

The Lull on LChrom definitely made things rough for Eirika, and the healer made it even worse. Very well-timed Aether on Chrom to change the tide, though, and the rest fell into place. Also lol the eyepatch accessory. Venom "Punished" Eirika.

@Alexmender Aww that's a bummer, the Lulls really seem to throw a wrench into thing but it's still amazing how Eirika defeat Chrom (at least she wasn't full health!) and there were some close calls there (1HP!!!)

Can't wait to see the new unit you've played around with (Hilda?)

(Also ESF reminds me of Edlelgard's BESF lol)

What, me, late, nope, never~ Pfft, thanks for all this free time, Corona-chan~

@LordFrigid - I expected Chrom would be the biggest threat. He definitely needed some chip damage and a special nuke to take him down for good. But everyone else feel pretty easily other than that one Barrier Lance Fighter who was totally there on purpose.

Thrasir being Green makes Chrom less of a threat and some of his Red friends a little scarier instead. Or they would be if they actually attacked Thrasir but Thrasir’s a thicc girl and can handle herself while her dancer friends get bullied instead. And she got the nice Special on Chrom 

Considering I am now a proud Duma Faithful, I approve of the new Dragon Wagon. Sothis completely disrespecting  Chrom was great. -Atk means nothing for the god of strength, he ended up helping a lot. Naga is super THICC, them defenses tho. Sothis got in a lot of early rampaging but Idunn was clearly driving the wagon at the end there with that massacre~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Neat strategy to head to the right, makes for some easy Galeforcing with Celica. Nanna here means the girls can get a bit reckless. Good thing Chrom is still not the brightest bulb and chooses to waste his time following Celica while Kagero just snipes the rest of his soldiers. That was really well played out considering the confined space~

@Sasori - That was a pretty crazy first turn, you definitely made this seem Infernal with how quickly the foes were falling. Wolt taking out Chrom was especially impressive.  I was gonna ask if you every considered giving him a Brave Bow but it looks like he hardly needed one. Pent dominated offensively here while Seliph walled on Defense. Great team and great clear!

@Zeo - Two power couples for the price of one. Matthew did get low a bit quick here but nothing he couldn’t handle. Ross tanking Chrom on Abyssal is crazy. and I thought that other stuff he was tanking was wild. Leila’s swapping was well played, too~ This is actually a pretty great team, no need for a dancer when Leila can throw Matt all over the place

I love my crossovers~ Grima’s an interesting fourth member but I guess she wanted to watch her son in action~ I thought you were a crazy person for leaving Serra right in Chrom’s face but she didn’t even have to worry about him or anyone else for that matter~ Nils did get a lot of good action which I always enjoy, great work overall!

Hmm, Mythic Fae confirmed based on that 3rd match? Regardless, still looked like a fun team. Naga yeeting Altina right in there was pretty funny. This was like actual AR content~ Fae getting hit by the Red mage was a little scary but Altina ended up saving her from the rest of the enemies in the end~

Ah nice and DC for Chrom, very nice indeed~ Galeforce WOM Freddy was pretty impressive for those quick kills. Chrom’s bonds really gave him strength in this one, he blew half the map away. Great job on this one!

@mcsilas - Why do you have to make these so scary upfront with all that big damage on Lucina?  But the I remembered Brady’s here so a little damage won’t be hurting anyone. Infantry Rush is also great here. Fortunately Chrom could only reach the TA unit and has to get shot down by his daughter~ There was a lot of great teamwork here, everyone worked together for those final kills. Lucina must have really wanted to prove herself to Chrom at the end~ Great work!

@Alexmender - Eirika has more than shown her worth and that she can handle anything this game throws at her. Her letting some other units get some time to shine will be a fine passing of the torch~

As for this one, I mean, tanking Chrom in and of itself pretty much shows how powerful Eirika still is. I thought she’d have more trouble here and it did come down to 1 HP at a point, but Eirika always manages to dig her way out of these situations. Another impressive clear!

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah, I wasn't posting at the time, so I didn't put up a bunch of clears.

I also didn't clear Infernal in February, but details.

Bow Chrom is kind terrifying (Saying this as someone who has +1). Normal and Hard cleared with Low HM units, Lunatic cleared with BowLeif, Zweihardt, Gronnwen, Finn, Infernal cleared with Fell!Ike, Alfrena, Osian and Summer!Rys.

@XRay  @Landmaster @Flying Shogi @Some Jerk

I have no idea why anyone at IS thought Legendary Chrom's skills would be acceptable. He's just too powerful! Good thing Minerva saved us. I'm unsure why Chrom didn't Reposition at the end because he would have won otherwise.

Edit: @NSSKG151 Wow, I just watched your video. Apotheosis Anna is amazing and so is Spendthrift Anna. I love teleportation skills, so I should try to pull for Apotheosis Anna whenever she comes back.

Edited by GuiltyLove

@GuiltyLove Yep, I'm happy with the Anna builds I made. Self guidance definitely has its own perks and is fun to play around with. How brave of you to send a flying team to fight archer Chrom. Minerva and Catria both looked great.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:55 PM, GuiltyLove said:

@XRay  @Landmaster @Flying Shogi @Some Jerk

I have no idea why anyone at IS thought Legendary Chrom's skills would be acceptable. He's just too powerful! Good thing Minerva saved us. I'm unsure why Chrom didn't Reposition at the end because he would have won otherwise.

The enemy uses movement assist skills defensively to move units out of enemy range. Since none of your units can reach the Brave Axe flier, the AI deemed it unnecessary to have him use his assist skill.

Turns out I didn't even clear Infernal last time. Not gonna complain about 4 more orbs. I think I spent more time trying to figure out Infernal than Abyssal. I pulled out all of the buffs to get the ORKO on the armor knight with Nino.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

The enemy uses movement assist skills defensively to move units out of enemy range. Since none of your units can reach the Brave Axe flier, the AI deemed it unnecessary to have him use his assist skill.

Turns out I didn't even clear Infernal last time. Not gonna complain about 4 more orbs. I think I spent more time trying to figure out Infernal than Abyssal. I pulled out all of the buffs to get the ORKO on the armor knight with Nino.

Hide contents

I see! Didn't know that. 

Nino went on a massacre 🙂 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:55 PM, GuiltyLove said:

Here's your friendly reminder that Mininerva didn't exist when L!Chrom was introduced.

I'm convinced the Trilemma Cleric was there specifically to nerf the map, so you wouldn't need to put Triangle Adept on the prerequisite Green tank to deal with him. (Not that it mattered for me since I used Titania who has it in her weapon, but, details.)

Stupid question: do Trilemma and Triangle Adept stack with each other? My understanding was that they don't, but I've never seen it confirmed.

6 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Here's your friendly reminder that Mininerva didn't exist when L!Chrom was introduced.

I'm convinced the Trilemma Cleric was there specifically to nerf the map, so you wouldn't need to put Triangle Adept on the prerequisite Green tank to deal with him. (Not that it mattered for me since I used Titania who has it in her weapon, but, details.)

Stupid question: do Trilemma and Triangle Adept stack with each other? My understanding was that they don't, but I've never seen it confirmed.

Thanks for helping us, Cleric!

I actually did Chrom's map without Minerva last time, but I didn't do it the way I wanted so I just tried again on my own terms.

@NSSKG151 - It’s just crazy how little damage the Anna’s take and they don’t even run healing Specials for most of them. They’re all incredibly powerful and it just seems like your positioning is always on point for the next turn for a smooth clear~ Even Chrom almost got one-rounded, that was pretty wild~

@GuiltyLove - This was a real powerhouse team with Mininerva, Catria, and Lyn but Camilla actually played a lot more than Lyn did. Mininerva is the perfect Flier to take on Chrom but even still, it was impressive to see her one-round him. 

• 1 year later...