Jespoke's FE11 Randomizer

jespoke

The randomizer is available here: https://feuniverse.us/t/fe11-jespokes-fe11-randomizer-1-0/7253

So i tried my hand at learning Haskell over the last few weeks, using it to make a new Fire Emblem Randomizer! I’m very much on brand this time too, making a very janky randomizer for a game that had none before: FE11 this time. Partially because Haskell turned out to be a very… unconventional language for this kind of project, there is no GUI this time. Everything is operated in a terminal with (y/n) or 1, 2, 3 inputs for answers.

The available randomization options are:

• Classes
  • – Enemy classes
  • Inventory
  • Bases
  • – Enemy bases
  • * Growths
  • – Enemy growths
  • Reclass system*

* Whether you can reclass at all, or randomized class sets.

It also adds Falcon Knight to the regular class pool, and if you randomize classes, it also shuffles who
has access to each PRF weapon.
The Whitewings, who normally each start over water, should move to land now so you can actually get them if they can no longer fly.

Basic instructions on how to use it:

Download the folder with the randomizer
Download DSLazy, and place the DSLazy folder in the randomizer folder
Run DSLazy.exe, pick your FE11 ROM with the […] button, and unpack it
Then run Jespoke’s FE11 Randomizer.exe, and follow the text instructions
Once the randomizer closes after applying your edits, use DSLazy to pack a new ROM

Lastly, i included a side feature i call the Meme Mart. It’s selection is sparse for now, but it has a few very stupid edits you can apply to the game, after the randomization, or on its own without any randomizing. I would like people’s suggestions for what edits i should put in the Meme Mart in the future. I load a ton of the variables of the game into easily edited datastructures, so what kind of edits i can offer is pretty broad, so give me some ideas 😃

Edited by jespoke

9 hours ago, jespoke said:

Classes

• – Enemy classes
  • Inventory
  • Bases
  • – Enemy bases
  • * Growths
  • – Enemy growths
  • Reclass system*

So Soldier and Earth Dragon are included?

Come to think of it, maybe Soldier's caps could be increased to 25? Though 20 caps could suffice if you play it safe.

9 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

So Soldier and Earth Dragon are included?

Come to think of it, maybe Soldier's caps could be increased to 25? Though 20 caps could suffice if you play it safe.

Transformed Earth Dragon was excluded for crashing my emulator but Earthstone PRF access is given out, and Tiki holds an Earthstone and a Divinestone. 
Soldier i removed along with the transformed dragons, but i guess it is actually a fully functional class right?

1 hour ago, jespoke said:

Transformed Earth Dragon was excluded for crashing my emulator but Earthstone PRF access is given out, and Tiki holds an Earthstone and a Divinestone. 
Soldier i removed along with the transformed dragons, but i guess it is actually a fully functional class right?

Ah got it. Those two are the only enemy classes. 

Earthstone works as an item, though the in battle animations are unfinished. With an action replay and a Japanese version of the game, I've used Medeus in the Earth Dragon class in the various maps after having him transform in the final map.

Soldier works perfectly and even has an ally battle palette unlike the other unplayable classes. However while Soldier levels to 30, all it's non HP stat caps are 20.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• 11 months later...