Serenesforest forum appreciation thread

know_naim

I searched around a bit and haven't found one, so I guessed I should create an appreciation thread. 

I registered around the time when Fates was released but was lurking waaay before, since FE is my favourite game series and all. 

While I don't post much, I read a lot and came to really enjoy this place. 

I frequent general gaming and (obviously) the latest Fire Emblem subforums and my experience has been consistently great, be it searching for advice, looking trough the latest polls (I like polls, pls make a lot of polls folks ;)) or just sharing some random thoughts. 

I feel a bit silly for starting this topic, but at the same time I think it's important to say thanks from time to time so... thank you serenesforest staff and users, I guess? Thanks for having me and thanks for being such big Fire Emblem enthusiasts. 

I'm gonna second the OP's statement, you guys do a really greaat job and make theseforums amazing. Thank you for everything you do!

First place I really properly got into the FE community, and I am happy to see it still up and going.

Also, this place was and still is probably the single most easygoing and non-toxic hub in the entire FE community. Which is something I really appreciate.

I hate being mushy, but I'd hate being a tsundere or someone who can't say thanks.

So thanks for everything, I really love this forum and everything inside. Also it's nice to have the big guys being able to hear you, being patient, all of that.

Had some weiiiiiird mods out there.

On 3/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, B.Leu said:

Had some weiiiiiird mods out there.

Like the ones that write bad fanfics?  😛

We try!  And thanks.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, know_naim said:

I think it's important to say thanks from time to time

I agree, thank you staff! (Now if only users like me would pick the right thread category.)

Well, this is the only online community where I am (somewhat) active, so it must be doing something right!

In all seriousness, I really enjoy this site. I've always been more of a lurker than anything else, so I can't speak for how welcoming other communities are in comparison, but this place is definitely quite pleasant. I've enjoyed my time here so far - here's to some more!

I only got around to registering when I did my first 3H playthrough last month, but I've lurked the site as early as 2013. It's nice to engage in serious FE discussion without hostility or baiting for outside attention. Even though the Reddit FE community is OK any given topic is essentially done after a day or two, and people will often upvote memes/shitposts to the detriment of the actual discussion at hand. I only wish more people were drawn back to message boards... social media killed quality of discourse for lowest common denominator appeal.

...and I don't dislike GameFAQs, it's easy enough to avoid the trolls who just want to get a rise out of people. It's one of the bastions of the Internet that I'm happy to see still alive.  But obviously, FE titles are just a minor component of the forums so users are a lot more fickle and aren't anywhere as passionate about the franchise itself.

• 5 months later...