[Yune Randomized FE7] Lyncius, of the Lorca

geckokujou

hey! ever since my friend showed me the yune randomizer, i've been wanting to do an fe7 run with it. i started this evening and ohh my god... 

everything is set to maximum randomness. i've never done an LP before, but hopefully it'll be entertaining(?!) if there's ways i can do better, please do lemme know! please pardon the awkward first couple screenshots, i forgot there's an in-app screencap option at first LOL

===

prologue: girl(?) of the plains

i always did say he was best girl! for the record, hector and eliwood became isadora and....... wallace... though i'm not sure who's supposed to be who. wallace was in the rotation right after lucius so i can only assume i'm now playing fe7: ossan edition(?)

Screenshot_20200301-181943_My_Boy.jpg?wi

"well how about you? what's a monk doing out here?"

Screenshot_20200301-182034_My_Boy.jpg

checking out our boy and he's... quite fortunate, actually..? if he'd randomized into 2 less str though the prologue mook would've been literally undamageable (though batta, thankfully, was far less beastly). (=~=)

that four move though- looks like pegasus knights got neutered to just knights....

Screenshot_20200301-182608_My_Boy.jpg?wi

ohhh well you're forgiven. for now. off to bulgar?

===

ch1: i woke up in an unfamiliar tent with a stranger and now it seems i've been reincarnated into a low-budget harem comedy

Screenshot_20200301-182806_My_Boy.jpg?wi

"is it just me, or are you gorgeous? wah... actually, you literally are just me, aren't you? has anyone told you lately you're gorgeous?"

Screenshot_20200301-182901_My_Boy.jpg?wi

"I SWEAR TO GODS STACY, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME LOUISE MY MIND."

Screenshot_20200301-183022_My_Boy.jpg?wi

"alright let's go lesbians! let's go!"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583123515

"let me attack first!" MA'AM PLEASE COME BACK THIS ISN'T TELLIUS that 7 move though...... .. . those stats tho......

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583123545

tbh shaman!kent!florina feels oddly fitting for some reason?? and actually, this is a really fortunate team... thank god sain randomized into a cleric or we'd be dead, but wow all that spd and res- all the better to kill zugu with, i guess? F in the chat

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583123631 

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583123931

boon companion, indeed!

===

ch2: a series of not-actually-unfortunate-but-still-rather-upsetting events

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583124046

and here we happen upon eliwood out in the boonies disappointing his parents. guess he got waylaid on the way back to pherae or something LOL. well, desperate times, desperate measures...

"mr. priest sir, the mani katti is nice but dang, can i have you too?"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583124169

UUUUGGGHHHH

nothing too funky this chapter, other than florina aiming for the archer and accidentally nuking the temple wall, though that one's on me.

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583124739

grab the sword, of course, it's a sword, lucius can't freaking use it. oh well, at least when he promotes??? way... way down the road... if it doesn't get rerolled.... .  moving on!

===

ch3: the time i thought i reincarnated into a low-budget harem comedy, but it turns out it's actually an interesting trope subversion where h

"what's that commotion over there?"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583124614

well that looks about right! ...and also like we're now #team lesbian/gay solidarity, n i c e

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583124712

ELIWOOD I'M GLAD YOU'VE RETURNED TO THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW BUT WHAT HAPPENED- nobody did any weird experiments on you, did they? no? hair's still red, that's good...

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583124784

"the protector of lovely young flowers across the land! one of which you are not, sooo uh, laters."

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583134935

geez florina, i know you're annoyed with st- iii mean, louise, but leave some exp for the others would ya? it's only turn 3... and it took lucius the entire time to get to that village...

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583135259

"JERK WHO STOLE MY VULNERARY, REPENT OR DIE- actually, you die either way, sorry."

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583135353

"got things to do, places to be-"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583135395

"-and you ain't one of them, sorry," louise, sing another one bites the dustpacito.midi

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583135511

okay, i know talking to strangers can be scary, especially if they're burly unwashed men with axes, but c'mon future marquess pherae, you gotta learn to speak up...

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583135993

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583136010

"WE are a band of beautiful female mercenaries!"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583136022

"-and heath!"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583136038

"................."

ch4-6

Edited by geckokujou
organization

This should be amusing, particularly your reaction if things get really out of hand. Setting a randomizer to randomize absolutely everything, depending on the specifics you entered, can result in the game REALLY going south. To the point of getting soft or hard locked even. 

8 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

This should be amusing, particularly your reaction if things get really out of hand. Setting a randomizer to randomize absolutely everything, depending on the specifics you entered, can result in the game REALLY going south. To the point of getting soft or hard locked even. 

god yeah, we almost had that in the dang prologue already >____< with batta and the mook both randomizing into knights... i'm on normal mode in hopes of preventing that from going too nuts though. lucius and florina seem to have randomized with really good growths and pretty much everyone lucked out with bases so far (i'm not sure if that's true rng or just me not using yune correctly tbh- shouldn't be the latter though), so here's hoping LOL.

go d  it will be very entertaining for everyone but me if it does happen though LMAO

i told myself to go to bed but i opened up dorcas' map and seems like he randomized into....... karla. lore wise i'm not sure how i feel about that, given her status in fe6?? ...f....... lesbian emblem going strong though ^_^

On 3/2/2020 at 3:46 AM, CatManThree said:

Yeah if you set the FE8 self-randomizer to the Fir seed, send it to maximum randomness, and get to chapter 5x, it becomes literally impossible because all your units are bad and the enemies will have iron bows which means they can have 100 hit, and makes it literally impossible even with RNG manipulation. Several other seeds can softlock you on the prologue too.

been busy irl with family stuff and haven't gotten to sit down at my pc til now, erff... tho i did get through 3 chapters in between all the ~ giant asian family event ~ stuff at least! i'm not sure how to get this text back above the spoiler box, oops.

ch4: 

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583137478

karla.... 

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583137382

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309230

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309244

idk why but this entire exchange is way funnier than when sain says it

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583308566

karla looks good as a myrm O:

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583184675

that's what happens when you chase girls instead of paying attention in class, louise!!!

ife7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583184933

alright we're almost done! last move of the last player p KARLA

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583184637

"damn, knew i shouldn't have eaten that mutton earlier..."

she spawned with this thing that only chooses now to activate... and otherwise we only have that one eclipse sword. for max irony, she even got the crit on that 6%...

ch5: 

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309349

"i bet you don't file your taxes either, fucking fraud,"

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309361

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309508

"again..."

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309438

NICE 😮

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309462

N I C E ??? that con and str are especially great since hand axes now have 5 mt and 14 wt💀

anyway-

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583309545

omae wa mou.. shindeiru..??

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650089

grabbing two of these just in case... no more karla incidents pls

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650186

chinese fire engine-ing that over to heath for that kill exp.. i apparently forgot to screencap it, but the ensuing lv up was EPIC.

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650427

..lucius... . .

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650441

narcissism +1! moving on..

ch6:

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650560

WOAH NOW WHO IS THAT

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650613

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650651

doubt.png

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650908

the wyvern rider turning out to be jaffar... i... i. hm. well, unit wise he's super spicy. except for the apparently universal flier mov curse. jeez tho, that spd?? he came with a heavy spear with some even more ridic crit, but also only 12 uses. good thing i got the extra javelin hahahhah

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650862

"use this to let ANYONE unlock a door!" s...sure.. ...... .. .. at this point i had a brief moment of panic thinking i'd run into a hardlock already thanks to not having enough door keys. but luckily we have ...uh... louise??

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583650894

chekhov's staff

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583651100

ha! i was prepared with a save state this time! do your worst, food poisoning! the other guy has 0 luck and his axe is also cursed; karla hurt herself in her confusion and then got finished off. rude

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583651143

"YES! My true power is awakening at last!" 

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583651373

jaffar's palette omg... the palette swapper did its best and that's all we can ask😔 also, their hp side by side looks so WRONG hhhhhhhhhrgh.. .bardtre... tragically, the angelic robe was randomized into a dracoshield.

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583651494

having heath with these stats and a wyvern elsewhere on the map is super distracting!!!! i'm still not used to the bardtre-nils-louise-sera-harken-erk shuffle yet tbh

fe7yune_by_geckokujou_ddrkcd6_1583704279

"ah, it's time to use my signature work skills!"

this chapter didn't amount to much... i bet matthew had a great time in the vault on his way out LOL. tangent but i forgot how brutally rath hangs araphen out to dry?? hhholy. "you're old, you're ugly, i'm quitting effective immediately, give me 5000-"

i got started on the next bit and ninian is apparently....... pent. next time on yune emblem: "how i met your mother"

• 2 weeks later...

It’s looking interesting. I hope you continue this.

I don’t know why you don’t like Jaffar’s palette sprite. I think he looks fine.

i’ve played several randomizes myself, but never maximum randomness. That could get chaotic and can potentially be impossible but can also be very interesting  to see what happens. I’ve played a class randomized and a recruitment randomized for all three GBA games and I’m now playing a weapons and rewards randomizer for FE6. Speaking of which, I’m curious to see how some more of your weapons are randomized like regular iron weapons.

Edited by Whisky