March Madness 2020: What are your predictions? (THIS THREAD IS DEAD NOW THANKS TO THE VIRUS)

This year's March Madness is coming in a couple of days, what are your predictions for the tournament?

Hopefully Louisville doesn't lose in the first round..

I'm betting a Final Four appearance for us. Maybe a tournament appearance.

Corona says fuck you to all sports fans. R.I.P. the 2019-2020 Sport season.

Edited by Brovett

I'm not nearly as caught up this year than most (college is busy), so I can't necessarily talk a whole lot about realistic predictions, but I'll say my usual "Duke makes it to the final four", even though they have three powerhouses, including yours, to get through in their own conference. I'll be most interested in seeing how the Big East goes down. PC (home team bias btw) had a really rough start to the season but they've been making up for it. Even just making it to the finals would put them in a good place to be picked.ย And then I gotta go with UVM for America East, considering I'm going there. Their conference is easy enough that they shouldn't have many issues getting the bid.

I really only watch games from the SEC soย I'm most interested in seeing how Kentucky does this year. They don't feel as strong as they usually areย and I'm hoping they get clapped early so I don't have to deal with their fans. Auburn is doing pretty dang goodย (Bruce Pearl generally does a good job as a coach so it makes sense) so they might make some noise.ย 

I don't see anyone else from the conference doing much in the NCAA tournament. I wanted to see Tennessee do...something?! this season but not looking too good for us.ย 

ย 

> No Pac-12 teams make it into the Sweet 16. Sorry, Oregon.

> At least one 2-seed loses first round, as do at least two 5-seeds.

> At least three of the Final Four teams are from non-Power-Five conferences

> The title game will be between a team that has red as a color, and a team that has blue as a color.

> My beloved Michigan State Spartans make it to the Elite Eight, but no further.

Well the good news is that if your team didn't make it like mine (Nebraska LOL) then its fine because the bad news is that nobody gets to play regardless. I'm actually shocked the NCAA capitulated so quickly but the overwhelming sense of panic along withe literally every other sports league postponing or outright cancelling must have been enough pressure for them. Hopefully this Coronavirus is dealt with soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 2:55 PM, Gods said:

Yeah, R.I.P. our chances of getting another championship..I feel bad for Nwora though. His final season was hyped up to be his best, too bad it ended early.

Well hey, the NCAA actually did right by basketball athletes and extended their eligibility by another year regardless of class. I'm shocked lol but maybe it contributes to next years tournament being the best since the 90s and the loss of collegiate talent. Not complaining because although I'm a Husker fan and our basketball program has been bad-to-mediocre for years, I'm also a Lakers fan so thank god for Kobe (R.I.P.) coming into the league out of high school.ย