New Heroes: Harmony amid Chaos

XRay

Well, it has been at least five minutes I think, so here is the new trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6EM7Cp-ayE
If anyone can get the English video to embed in their post, tag me and let me know so I can put it here. I just remembered Twitter is a thing, so here is the English video.

Since the English video will not let me embed for some reason, here is the Japanese video too.

Bernadetta has a strong case for keeping her bow over Brave Bow if you want her to be a raw damage nuke, but I will have to do some testing before confirming for sure. She seems like she got high Atk/Spd too, so watch out, Claude!

Annette seems pretty cool. Could be super annoying on defense to give her allies extra range. Sadly, it does not work on ponies. In players' hands though? I am not sure she would be that useful since Desert Mercenaries Ephraim is a thing and he does not need to spend a precious action to boost someone's mobility, as the Duo Skill is independent of regular action.

Ferdinand is the only dude and dud. He should still be decent though, assuming his stat line is well distributed.

Lysithea is basically red Ophelia. Blazing nukes galore!

We also get what I think is the Flame Emperor at the end of the video? Most likely Grand Hero Battle. Neato. I hope the unit is infantry, but there is a strong chance it is armor since the Flame Emperor does look bulky. I just hope the Flame Emperor comes with Slaying effect and dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks (and ideally Meister effect while we are on the subject, got to quad for Galeforce).

Edited by XRay

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another TH banner and no Sylvain.

Yeah, he's not getting in for a long long time.... Sigh...

And why did the Black Eagles get two characters on the banner AGAIN? They did last time, another house should've gotten a chance at that here.

Edited by Anacybele

These units don't do anything for me and the art is weirdly soft and, uh, gooey? Nonetheless, despite not liking her as a character, Bernie easily looks the pick if I had to choose one (and the target of FB tickets I guess). Pleasantly surprised that she has a horse, and that they're willing to go a bit out-there with Annette (though that's tempered by the recent glut of axe infantry, lances when?). The other units have utterly formulaic and boring typing, so a pass on them. Hopefully it opens up space for their CYL variants to be more interesting though.

Edited by Humanoid

What's Flame Emperor doing there? (Honestly, I'd like to see him converse with Arvis.) Also, Annette and Lysithea are somewhat overpowered. ... I need an Annette now.

Edit: I should also finish at least 1 playthrough of 3H sometime, but I've been swamped. Still, Annette is the designated rally-er on that file, so it's cool to see that represented here.

Edited by Mercakete

... I don't have any orbs lolz. Maybe I'll be able to save up enough during the month.

Anyways, I freaked when I saw Annette and Lysithea. Ferdie too but I love my girls~ Absolutely gonna try and get them.

Ferdinand should've been replaced with Sylvain or someone from Golden Deer imo. Black Eagles don't deserve to keep getting two characters per TH banner when the other houses only get one.

I'm honestly crying a little now. It might be a little petty, but Sylvain is popular and we knew a TH banner was coming soon. Now I have to wait another nine fucking months... I'm just very upset.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Another TH banner and no Sylvain.

Yeah, he's not getting in for a long long time.... Sigh...

And why did the Black Eagles get two characters on the banner AGAIN? They did last time, another house should've gotten a chance at that here.

Spoiler

Three, even, if you count Edelgard.

I guess it's to be expected, given that their marketing encouraged BE to be the most popular. Where the heck is Dedue IntSys

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ferdinand should've been replaced with Sylvain or someone from Golden Deer imo. Black Eagles don't deserve to keep getting two characters per TH banner when the other houses only get one.

It's because their house leader is female so IS automatically thinks it's what people want.

I don't deny that they're popular, but according to my casual observation, people like the guys from the Blue Lions on the whole better.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

It's because their house leader is female so IS automatically thinks it's what people want.

I don't deny that they're popular, but according to my casual observation, people like the guys from the Blue Lions on the whole better.

Yeah, so why not make this two BL dudes (Sylvain and Felix maybe, though I'd prefer Sylvain and Ashe while Felix is made a GHB), one BE character and one GD one (Lysithea)?

If anyone can get the English video to embed in their post, tag me and let me know so I can put it in the original post.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm honestly crying a little now. It might be a little petty, but Sylvain is popular and we knew a TH banner was coming soon. Now I have to wait another nine fucking months... I'm just very upset.

You're....seriously crying that you have to wait a little longer for one character in particular? That's....being a pretty big drama queen not going to lie.

That's not just a little petty. That's VERY petty.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Did... did you just take Ferdinand's prf lance away just to give us an inferior demote unit?  Smh.

Since when does Ferdinand have a prf lance? I'm more annoyed Bernie doesn't have The Inexhaustible.

1 minute ago, Seafarer said:

Since when does Ferdinand have a prf lance? I'm more annoyed Bernie doesn't have The Inexhaustible.

Isn't that bow supposed to be for Leonie?

Aw man, no Marianne 😞

Well, everyone except Ferdie looks pretty good! I'm still skipping though. Mostly so I can save more orbs for legendary/wedding Sigurd and possibly witch Rinea. And Marianne when IntSys stops being cowards.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

You're....seriously crying that you have to wait a little longer for one character in particular? That's....being a pretty big drama queen not going to lie.

That's not just a little petty. That's VERY petty.

Was this necessary?

Also a little? We have nine months between TH banners right now. That's not a little. And since Sylvain is popular, I could reasonably hope he'd come soon.

Just now, Mercakete said:

Isn't that bow supposed to be for Leonie?

Saint Indech's bow? Bernie's the one with the Crest of Indech; I'd say that gives her priority for it.

Huh, the trailer is early. I have things to say.

I like all the characters on the banner, but I'm still a little confused about certain choices. I'm surprised Annette has that weapon and I'm not sure I'd have put Bernadetta on a horse; both of those things should have been for their older timeskip selves. I'd also have swapped Ferdinand for Sylvain or Dedue. But, again, I do like the characters on the banner. As for the GHB...

So, we got regular Edelgard. Now we're getting disguised Edelgard. We're also guaranteed Brave Edelgard, and Legendary Edelgard is almost guaranteed for this year. That's 3 Edelgards in the span of a year, and a fourth very likely to round out the year. All those people who complained about Lyn and Camilla better not be hypocrites here...

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed. Black Eagles is getting too much favorable treatment.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Just now, Seafarer said:

I'm referring to Spear of Assal.

Blah, blah, it's actually Seteth's, blah. But be real, you're giving it to Ferdinand anyway.

Spoiler

Also, Seteth ironically lacks the starting weapon ranks to use his own lance, which is just hilarious.