New Heroes: Harmony amid Chaos

XRay

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm referring to Spear of Assal.

Blah, blah, it's actually Seteth's, blah. But be real, you're giving it to Ferdinand anyway.

Hide contents

Also, Seteth ironically lacks the starting weapon ranks to use his own lance, which is just hilarious.

...That's not exactly something I'd say they "took away" from him. If he had it, it'd be fair to say that he "took it away" from Seteth. As it is, he just didn't get it.

Actually, why does pre-skip Annette have Crusher? They kept Areadbhar et al off the house leaders, so I thought they'd stick with not putting post-skip relics on pre-skip designs. Eh, another pattern broken.

Edited by Seafarer

Good for Three Houses fans! Now I'll cross my fingers that Tellius is next.. Rafiel, Volug, Boyd, and Zihark please! (Yeah, I know, not the most popular missing characters...)

4 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Saint Indech's bow? Bernie's the one with the Crest of Indech; I'd say that gives her priority for it.

Didn't know that. I just know I got it in a paralogue that featured Leonie.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So, we got regular Edelgard. Now we're getting disguised Edelgard. We're also guaranteed Brave Edelgard, and Legendary Edelgard is almost guaranteed for this year. That's 3 Edelgards in the span of a year, and a fourth very likely to round out the year. All those people who complained about Lyn and Camilla better not be hypocrites here...

I love all my waifus and alts, so no complaints here!

Edited by XRay

Interesting. Hope trailers keep coming out this time of day, it's a lot more convenient.

Guess house banners aren't happening. Lysithea and Bernadetta's sets look powerful but boring, while Ferdinand's looks weak and boring. Annette's is very interesting, though. I won't be spending orbs here, but I'll try for her on my free summons, and if those don't work out, I'll plan on going for her on a 3-character banner later on. Agreed about not liking the art style - hopefully Lysithea gets better art on her brave version. Curious what the Flame Emperor has.

Some of the skill descriptions look a bit odd. Bernadetta's Desperation effect has got to only be when her bow's stat boost is active, right? The English description makes it sound like it doesn't, but maybe the Japanese version is clearer? It seems to use commas rather than periods, so probably. As for Annette, her description seems to imply that it works on melee cavalry but not ranged cavalry - and that goes in reminder text as if that's something default about movement boosts capable of affecting cavalry rather than something specific to this one. (Is that how the movement boost building in Rokkr Seiges works? I never use Rokkr buildings.)

Now that they're back on 3H, I'm guessing it'll get another banner in 2-3 months. I'm sticking to my prediction that we'll get at least three 3H banners over the course of this year, even with them not being house-based.

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I like all the characters on the banner, but I'm still a little confused about certain choices. I'm surprised Annette has that weapon and I'm not sure I'd have put Bernadetta on a horse; both of those things should have been for their older timeskip selves. I'd also have swapped Ferdinand for Sylvain or Dedue. But, again, I do like the characters on the banner. As for the GHB...

Why is Annette having Crusher surprising at all when Hilda got Freikugel?

As for your comment on the GHB:

Spoiler

Nah, I'd complain if we got that many Edelgards in one year too. Though mainly only if we didn't also get some Claude and Dimitri alts this year to go with them.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is Annette having Crusher surprising at all when Hilda got Freikugal?

Because Freikugel's available pre-skip.

@Glennstavos Yeah, because Hanneman's going to get anything better than a shitty GHB. Though admittedly I did forget his Crest (because I never use him).

Edited by Seafarer

Just now, Venmi said:

Good for Three Houses fans! Now I'll cross my fingers that Tellius is next.. Rafiel, Volug, Boyd, and Zihark please! (Yeah, I know, not the most popular missing characters...)

Jill or Devdan are the Tellius characters Id want to see

This banner seems early, don't these usually drop in about an hour and a half?

Also, I'm glad this is 3H because I'm drained from chasing Hot Springs Sakura and Rath. I have no attachment to 3H due to not having the game so I can finally save. (Or pull for Valentine's Elibe and Tellius, whatever I want more.)

Just now, Sunwoo said:

This banner seems early, don't these usually drop in about an hour and a half?

Yeah, apparently the Japanese one went up by mistake and the Heroes channel/NoA decided fuck it, we'll post ours too then. lol

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, fair point. I guess then time-skip Annette will be a mage, if she gets in.

She should be a singer. :3 Specifically a singer. ...That blows up libraries.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Some of the skill descriptions look a bit odd. Bernadetta's Desperation effect has got to only be when her bow's stat boost is active, right? The English description makes it sound like it doesn't, but maybe the Japanese version is clearer? It seems to use commas rather than periods, so probably. As for Annette, her description seems to imply that it works on melee cavalry but not ranged cavalry - and that goes in reminder text as if that's something default about movement boosts capable of affecting cavalry rather than something specific to this one. (Is that how the movement boost building in Rokkr Seiges works? I never use Rokkr buildings.)

I just noticed that. Bernadetta would be pretty insane if she has unconditional Desperation!

1 minute ago, TeeGeeThree said:

Jill or Devdan are the Tellius characters Id want to see

Yeah, at least Jill is way more likely than any of my choices (especially since all of mine are men). I'd be shocked if we didn't see her next banner. So you should be good there at least!

Weird to see this one so soon, not that I mind. 

So here's the coveted 3H banner people have been clamoring for the longest time. 

Let's see: 

Bernie seems ok to awesome depending on whether her Desperation-like effect is tied to the >100% HP or being debuffed condition. Even if it does she'll do fine if one decides to use her in AR during Anima seasons. 

Ferdinand is trash. 

Annette is going to be a pain in AR-D teams. 4 mov GF cavs is just unfair. Now I'm gonna fear B!Eliwood even more because he's the only guy W!Sothis can't tank. 

Lysithea works as expected. She's a glass cannon. Her slaying tome+Time's Pulse allows her to proc instant Moonbow/Glimmer but I can't help but lean towards Draconic Aura+Special Spiral for total overkill. 

And the Flame Emperor is going to be the next GHB, I see. 

Spoiler

Oh look at that. This already makes at least 4 Edelgard variants confirmed. OG, Flame Emperor, Legendary (either her post timeskip ver. or her with the Emperor class armor) and Brave. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a Fallen version down the line based on her double crest form. 

I wonder how much salt that's going to generate. Personally I don't care a character having a million alt, after all I'm still waiting for Bridal Eirika. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is Annette having Crusher surprising at all when Hilda got Freikugal?

As for your comment on the GHB:

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, I'd complain if we got that many Edelgards in one year too. Though mainly only if we didn't also get some Claude and Dimitri alts this year to go with them.

Yeah, like others said, I'm confused because of the timeskip. Annette gets that axe specifically after the timeskip in her paralogue with Gilbert; it's post-timeskip and Azure Moon exclusive.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, apparently the Japanese one went up by mistake and the Heroes channel/NoA decided fuck it, we'll post ours too then. lol

Guess no use in hiding it for another hour

1 minute ago, Venmi said:

Yeah, at least Jill is way more likely than any of my choices (especially since all of mine are men).

I'm at least hopeful for the rest of the Griel Mercenaries someday just because they're Griel Mercenaries. I think that Shinon is especially likely, though I want to see all of them make it in.

>Bernadetta
>has spd/def lull

Wow. Did not expect that. Guess that's where my tickets will be going. My speed-based Swordhardt wants spd/def lull badly.