New Heroes: Harmony amid Chaos

XRay

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. Are there other examples of it happening in a situation where the parenthetical statement says something that would be specifically assumed to not be the case based on related effects?

If so, I guess this is just an oddity of only one of them making it through translation.

Meisterbogen's "when under player control" restriction is in parentheses in Japanese.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I know he's good, but given his status he really should've been on the actual banner while someone more minor and less popular (like Mamori) should've been the freebie.

On the other hand, all of the "lead" main characters at launch (Marth, Roy, Eliwood, Chrom, and both Corrins) were in the 4- to 5-star pool with Eirika and Seliph following shortly afterwards. We also got Legendary Ike for free and male Byleth for registering a copy of Three Houses, so I don't really think it's too out of place to get Itsuki for free.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy. Please tell me this isn't the start of the Year of 3H. Also wow. Another two Units my EP Units are going to struggle against. Good thing I spent so long merging my Roy to +10. And giving him Skills designed to allow him to handle Ranged Units. Lysithea was the one CYL Unit I wasn't annoyed with this year, so I guess they had to fix that. Also Annette makes me once again curse myself for sacking my extra Eir to give Mystic Boost to Jaffar of all Units(didn't know at the time he'd come out with equal DEF/RES).

...Well, on the bright side, it is now possible to have a completely Orbless Armor Team assuming Flame Emperor is Armored, since I can get Black Knight, Valentine's Eliwood, and Christmas Cecilia with Heroic Grails. If Flame Emperor isn't armored, screw you IS. This also reminds me I need to 5S a Death Knight, maybe I'll do them both together after this drops. I'll wish for one more 3H Banner so Ana can have her Sylvain, but then I hope I don't have to look at this game again until CYL drops.

They had to go and give her Time's Pulse....

So a 3H Banner eh? We knew it was coming from the firestorm that was the FEH channel so let's take a look.

Well look at Bernadetta coming in and completely invalidating Claude. I'm not sure if her Holsety effect is tied to the penalty/health condition but the description implies it isn't. She's a fodder goldmine with ATK/SPD Push and Lull SPD/DEF. I know more than a few units I have that would really like either of these skills...

Annette would be boring if not for her weapon. It's going to be really cancerous in Arena and especially AR. Not looking forward to that at all. Her fodder is more on the meh side, but you can fodder both the best Rally+ skill and one of her other skills, both of which are rare (and of course new). 

Ferdinand was done dirty, I can see that without even knowing what he was like in the original game. He's got decent fodder though. Rouse SPD/DEF + Reposition in the 3-4* pool is amazing. Just sucks that he's so boring as a unit. He could have at least gotten a prf. He literally didn't get one just because he was the demote. That's really bogus.

Lysithea.... you knew she was coming but COME ON, TIME'S PULSE?! SERIOUSLY? Time's Pulse is in the general pool now.... Ross... Lyn... Chrom... ok enough about that. She comes locked and loaded with Moonbow ready at the start of the turn and it's basically ready every turn, but she can only nuke something once. You can run Special Spiral with QP for a more powerful special but if you want to do the Ophelia thing with Hardy Bearing you'll need Infantry Pulse. She seems fun but Lillina can do a similar thing and Kiria still seems like the funnest of these types of red oneshot nukes.

I have no attachment to any of these characters but they're all great fodder. Will do a little pulling with the tickets and call it a day for this banner. I'd love Time's Pulse for Ross/Lyn but I'd need to pull 2 Lysitheas and I don't have enough orbs saved up to do that without getting extraordinarily lucky. Wouldn't mind a *4 Ferd to give Rouse SPD/DEF to Ross though.

Edited by Zeo

I'm guessing they are going to need to stop to introduce thr-- two Black Eagles students at the same time because favoritism you know there's only Dorothea, Caspar and Linhart left.

Edited by Nym

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

I'm guessing they are going to need to stop to introduce thr-- twi Black Eagles students at the same time because favoritism you know there's only Dorothea, Caspar and Linhart left.

Sounds like the next banner. Then we get to introduce Black Eagles alts. ... What do you mean it's not called Fire Emblem: Black Eagles?

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Sounds like the next banner. Then we get to introduce Black Eagles alts. ... What do you mean it's not called Fire Emblem: Black Eagles?

What do you mean, that's already in case.

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

I'm guessing they are going to need to stop to introduce thr-- two Black Eagles students at the same time because favoritism you know there's only Dorothea, Caspar and Linhart left.

I'm honestly surprised that Dorothea isn't already in the game, Caspar is kinda meh, but Linhardt is my Black Eagles husbando ❤️

Just now, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I'm honestly surprised that Dorothea isn't already in the game, Caspar is kinda meh, but Linhardt is my Black Eagles husbando ❤️

They didn't want this batch of new units to be 100% female.

Whew, looks like it's a Three Houses banner like everyone was predicting so I can safely skip this banner. While I like Lysithea, Ferdinand and Annette I'm not willing to spend orbs on them as there are other characters I'm waiting to see get into Heroes. I'm also still thinking of trying my luck on Chrom's banner anyways.

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, all of the "lead" main characters at launch (Marth, Roy, Eliwood, Chrom, and both Corrins) were in the 4- to 5-star pool with Eirika and Seliph following shortly afterwards. We also got Legendary Ike for free and male Byleth for registering a copy of Three Houses, so I don't really think it's too out of place to get Itsuki for free.

And on the other other hand, all the main characters added since that Seliph/Julia/Eirika/Ephraim banner besides Itsuki (Alm, Ike, Celica, Sigurd, Micaiah, Leif, the Byleths, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude) were all added as 5-star exclusives and all of them (and all of their alts if applicable sorry Sigurd) have remained at the rarity. 

Also, male Byleth is not definitely not free when you needed to buy a $60 game to get him. He at least isn't "free" in the same sense as legendary Ike or Itsuki.

7 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Don't worry, she'll probably be the headliner of the next TH banner and will somehow be a more cancerous singer than legendary Azura.

10 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Even back during the last 3H banner, I would not have guessed them adding Petra over Dorothea for the first BE female that wasn't Edelgard.

You can blame Hubert for that I imagine. Because they might have wanted weapon diversity, possibly even movement too.

Edited by Nym

Funny you should bring up smiles... Sylvain's is yet another one of the many reasons I love him so much! I took the screenshot in my avy myself because of that gorgeous smile. 🥰

Edited by Anacybele

This gives me hope that the next 3H banner will have two of the other houses, just to balance things out.

The only unit that interests me is Bernie, and IMO she's the trickiest of the lot.  Because if she's my bonus unit, I have to run double colorless in the arena.

Now that I've had to digest it, I'll say my thoughts about this banner.

Well, it's here and I'm not ready for it at all. As much as it's going to freaking hurt me on the inside, I think I'm only going to take the free summon + the tickets here and keep saving orbs like I promised to myself I would. I still very much want all three of these girls, but I'll never get a +10 5* exclusive unit (whether it's Lysithea or summer Cordelia) if I keep spending my orbs at every opportunity.

Aw, no Felix ;(

Anyways.

FERDIE AND ANNIE!! Ahhh, I'm so glad they're here. Bernie and Lysithea would be nice to get, but I don't really care, hahah.

Also, I haven't seen the English trailer so idk if it happens, but if Ferdie doesn't say "I am Ferdinand von Aegir", then what's the point?

As for the Flame Emperor...I'm not interested, so I'll be sending them home.