New Heroes: Harmony amid Chaos

XRay

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Yeah, I think I would've preferred Ferdinand as an axe cav too. I know it would have meant him color sharing with Annette, but we haven't gotten an axe cav in the regular summoning pool since Titania, so I feel like we're overdue for a new axe cav.

That is what I thought, because out of the units in THs that are "cannon" cavs he is the one without a prf that is his own and he does well with axes.  I was really hoping he would be an ax unit since blue cavs are abundant, but at this point I will take my favs anyway I can get them.  I am just happy I will be able to merge him without too much trouble.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rath is my second favorite character and I'm totally okay with him being an instant demote. I'd be excited if my actual favorite, Tormod, got the same instant demote treatment.

I pulled six 4-star Raths from the start of his banner to just last night. SIX. That took every orb I could get my hands on, alongside using some money from a gift card, because I fail at hoarding hundreds of orbs. Do you know how many I would've pulled if he were 5-star? Maybe one, with a bad nature. Most likely none.

The 3-4 star units released nowadays aren't even really bad, they just have unexciting base kits and their weapons aren't as good. But when it comes to just having a lot of stats to work with, they are definitely more flexible. Sure, more female characters may get the premium treatment on average, but isn't having the character in the game and having them be more accessible to you a better thing?

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heath is a GHB, not on the banner. Rath was an insta demote. Not really that much more male favoritism, honestly.

Most banners have more females and those females typically always get the better skillsets. 😕

Immediate demotes are much easier to merge, and having a good skill set off the bat is not too important because of Skill Inheritance. It's after all way easier to pull for the 3 or 4 5-star characters needed for skills than to pull the 11 5-star characters needed to merge a 5-star-exclusive to +10.

Also, unlike the immediate 3- to 4-star demotes from the previous wave of banners, the immediate 4-star demotes have current-generation stat totals.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

1. Flame Emperor looks to have a Guard Axe. That Axe looks similar to the Guard Sword and Lance. So no Prf Axe for the Flame Emperor. I believe it will be amarmor unit, but I  don't think it will have 180 BST, even with merge... Maybe It will have176, and 179 with a merge, just to troll.

There's literally zero reason to not follow the current stat total trends. Heath currently ties with Summer Tiki for the highest stat total of all flying units.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

So I checked Rokkr Sieges, and the structure there does boost ranged cavalry to 4 Move. So I don't understand what the "except ranged cavalry" bit is doing in parentheses as if it's a given when it's not a limit on the only other thing so far that can boost cavalry Move.

Reinhardt left a huge impression on IS due to how oppressive he's been since Skill Inheritance became a thing and B!Lyn allowing ranged cavalry to reign over arena until people went BST+Merges>Merges left them scared on giving buffs to ranged cavs.

Mjolnir's Strike is PvE so it doesn't really matter whether ranged cavs can go from very strong to absolutely oppressive. Annette can be used in PvP modes and giving defense teams the ability to deploy a 6 range nuke is too much, imo. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

There's literally zero reason to not follow the current stat total trends. Heath currently ties with Summer Tiki for the highest stat total of all flying units.

Which S!Tiki, out of curiousity? Aren't there two?

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is far cheaper to give a unit a premium skill kit than to make them +10 if they are 5* exclusive, so I would argue the demote is far better than making someone 5* exclusive. You have to pull 11 5* copies to +10 somebody, not to mention premium skills too depending on how your play style. Getting a functional premium skill kit is far cheaper since you need to pull at most 4 skills (Weapon, A, B, C).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Immediate demotes are much easier to merge, and having a good skill set off the bat is not too important because of Skill Inheritance. It's after all way easier to pull for the 3 or 4 5-star characters needed for skills than to pull the 11 5-star characters needed to merge a 5-star-exclusive to +10.

Also, unlike the immediate 3- to 4-star demotes from the previous wave of banners, the immediate 4-star demotes have current-generation stat totals.

Yeah, but it's still much more often the females getting the 5 star exclusive premium skillset treatment. They tend to have better overall stats too.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

1. Flame Emperor looks to have a Guard Axe. That Axe looks similar to the Guard Sword and Lance. So no Prf Axe for the Flame Emperor.

Makes sense. They use a mere Steel Axe in one encounter I remember. If Travant got stuck with Silver+, then FE deserves nary more than hagane.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Nice. Easy pick on which unit I'll be using my Forging Bonds tickets for.

Lysithea gets Time's Pulse (something my sword Lyn wants) and Lull Spd/Res (something The Reinhardt wants), making her my priority pick.

Bernadetta is going to be very annoying to fight against though she's likely not any more annoying than Legend Leif.

Annette's effect from her Prf weapon is going to be annoying since 4 tile melee cavaliers (Galeforce setup). At least ranged cavaliers cannot get the movement buff; otherwise, unless there are physical obstacles in the way, they can easily reach from one end of the map to the other.

Ferdinand... well, at least his fans are going to be happy if they saved the orbs for him. And he's got nice fodder in Rouse Spd/Def and Reposition.

Flame Emperor... another axe armor, I guess. Hope it'd allow for Sheena to get a refinery update.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but it's still much more often the females getting the 5 star exclusive premium skillset treatment. They tend to have better overall stats too.

Even if the female unit has an ideal skill kit that suits your play style, you still have to pull eleven 5* exclusive copies to deck them out. That is far more expensive than pulling for 4 premium skills to pimp out a unit. For most Player Phase units, it would be even cheaper since Brave/Blade Weapons and Desperation are available from the 4* pool, and having a premium A and C skills are totally unnecessary.

As for better overall stat distribution, color, Weapon type, movement type, etc., they are about the same. Any archer that got colored are basically automatically nerfed, and both genders have colored archers. Mages are all about equal. I am not too familiar with melee units, but the ones that stand out to me are Counter-Vantage units, and both genders do that pretty well (Keaton and Ares for male, Altina and Laevatein for female).

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heath is a GHB, not on the banner. Rath was an insta demote. Not really that much more male favoritism, honestly.

Most banners have more females and those females typically always get the better skillsets. 😕

Yeah, and let’s not forget the New Heroes banner before the FE7 one was all-female and relegated the main male character to the TT reward.

Oh hey, it'll be possible to merge a cav with ~162 BST. Even without the skills of units like Perceval, that's a nice option to have.

12 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Reinhardt left a huge impression on IS due to how oppressive he's been since Skill Inheritance became a thing and B!Lyn allowing ranged cavalry to reign over arena until people went BST+Merges>Merges left them scared on giving buffs to ranged cavs.

Mjolnir's Strike is PvE so it doesn't really matter whether ranged cavs can go from very strong to absolutely oppressive. Annette can be used in PvP modes and giving defense teams the ability to deploy a 6 range nuke is too much, imo. 

I'm not questioning the mechanic, I'm questioning the phrasing. Stuff doesn't belong in parentheses like that unless it's inherently implied, and that limit is very much not inherently implied.

@Ice Dragon, does this look as strange to you as it does to me?

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

considering that outside of Christmas Sothis most of the BST (aka stats) runs towards the males - No. it doesn't. 

and honestly who cares. if you are +10ing a unit , 9x10 you're not running their default kit anyway so who gives a poop if when the unit debuts they have a crap kit. it's basically now when you get pity broken you actually have great stuff to choose from vs year one when it was defiant spd/defiant atk. 

anyway
all of these will be welcome pity breakers but banner is a skip
(if bernie or annette want to come live with me via tickets that would be great)

I'm planning on throwing my tickets at Annette and hoping to pick up a 4* Boey along the way. He just doesn't want to reach +10.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and let’s not forget the New Heroes banner before the FE7 one was all-female and relegated the main male character to the TT reward.

Itsuki is a really good unit, though, as he's basically a dragon-slaying Lif.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not questioning the mechanic, I'm questioning the phrasing. Stuff doesn't belong in parentheses like that unless it's inherently implied, and that limit is very much not inherently implied.

@Ice Dragon, does this look as strange to you as it does to me?

Not really, but that's because the Japanese descriptions have more in parentheses than the English descriptions. In particular, the "for 1 turn" part of buff descriptions and "through its next action" part of debuff descriptions are all in parentheses in Japanese, so it's not too strange if other restrictions also appear in parentheses.

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

considering that outside of Christmas Sothis most of the BST (aka stats) runs towards the males - No. it doesn't.

BST isn't everything. Stat spread matters too.

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and honestly who cares. if you are +10ing a unit , 9x10 you're not running their default kit anyway so who gives a poop if when the unit debuts they have a crap kit. it's basically now when you get pity broken you actually have great stuff to choose from vs year one when it was defiant spd/defiant atk. 

anyway
all of these will be welcome pity breakers but banner is a skip
(if bernie or annette want to come live with me via tickets that would be great)

Lack of premium fodder skills doesn't matter in the long run, but lack of personal weapons or other personal skills does.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not really, but that's because the Japanese descriptions have more in parentheses than the English descriptions. In particular, the "for 1 turn" part of buff descriptions and "through its next action" part of debuff descriptions are all in parentheses in Japanese, so it's not too strange if other restrictions also appear in parentheses.

Interesting. Are there other examples of it happening in a situation where the parenthetical statement says something that would be specifically assumed to not be the case based on related effects?

If so, I guess this is just an oddity of only one of them making it through translation.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I know he's good, but given his status he really should've been on the actual banner while someone more minor and less popular (like Mamori) should've been the freebie.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lack of premium fodder skills doesn't matter in the long run, but lack of personal weapons or other personal skills does.

Interesting. Are there other examples of it happening in a situation where the parenthetical statement says something that would be specifically assumed to not be the case based on related effects?

If so, I guess this is just an oddity of only one of them making it through translation.

ehhhh

i've seeen a lot of people building really awesome Nornes etc without needing a prf or a prf skill. 
honestly. to me it's not as big deal as a lot of people make it out to be

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

BST isn't everything. Stat spread matters too.

no. but considering bst is what runs a few of the PVP modes it is important. 
like. you have glass cannon builds/player phase, tank builds/enemy phase. there aren'ta lot of "fast" tanks. and there aren't a lot of "bulky" glass cannons. so the stats are always gonna skew one of two ways.  

like honestly.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I know he's good, but given his status he really should've been on the actual banner while someone more minor and less popular (like Mamori) should've been the freebie.

Eww. No thank you. I enjoy my free Itsuki, and I don't want to look at Mamori's stupid face in my barracks.

Ngl, while I like all of these characters, the art here is all a miss. Doesn't help that I prefer almost everyone from 3H in their post timeskip outfits thanks to the academy uniforms being kind of bland. Aside from that, the Flame Emperor is the only unit here I might consider +10ing, even if I'm not a fan of armors. 

Also, Surtr and Helbindi are (sort of) back! Best part of the trailer imo.