New Heroes: Harmony amid Chaos

XRay

Ok... Flame Emperor is my next Grails project.

I have a Valentine Ike that will die to the Emperor for DC and Special Fighter, and a Halloween Dozla that I got for free this year will be foddered for Rally Atk/Def+ and Armor March.

Once the Emperor is +10, Forsyth could also die, because of Bold Fighter and Joint Hone Def (still bothers me that's not Joint Fortify Def).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ladies of the banner all look really good and I hope I pull one of them,  I would prefer Lysithea or Annete since I don't like using cavaliers at all (even in mainline games except Geneology I rarely use cavs) and I don't have a proper horse Emblem team. 

For the Flame Emperor I have a spare DC and I will use the codes to give her Armor March and VF until I get Special Fighter. For weapons I will go with Res refined slaying axe and healing specials and Aether.

Edited by SuperNova125

Flame Emperor doesn’t interest me so I’ll just turn it into a Combat Manual. 

I got a S!Cordelia from the Compile Manual thing so I’ll probably give Ferdinand that weapon and make him more of an offensive lance cav if I get him. 

Not pictured, but I also got a Lewyn and Karla

I went from about 1,990 orbs to 1,778 orbs today, and I didn't even get either Annette or Lysithea. I really hope this doesn't bite me in the ass with Jill being on the banner next month X(

Well I have already pulled 4 Ferdinands so my favorite THs boy is already well on his way to +10, and those were all 4*.  I am going to keep pulling blue until I break my pity rate so I can get as many merges as I can while Ferdinand is a focus unit.  I am now a big fan of one of the new units being 4* on the new banner and I am now hoping all of my favorites not in the game get put in like this so I can merge them easily.

I did manage to pull a 5 star Ferdinand yesterday. Rather pleased with that. I am also trying to get my Lysithea but I dislike spending too much money, so I just have to use whatever orbs I can gather during this time.

I have been trying to get Edelgard since I started playing the game, to no avail. Is the Flame Emperor event thing guaranteed? I guess that version would have to do if I can get my hands on it.

6 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I did manage to pull a 5 star Ferdinand yesterday. Rather pleased with that. I am also trying to get my Lysithea but I dislike spending too much money, so I just have to use whatever orbs I can gather during this time.

I have been trying to get Edelgard since I started playing the game, to no avail. Is the Flame Emperor event thing guaranteed? I guess that version would have to do if I can get my hands on it.

Yeah, you get can get Flame Emperor as long as you can beat their challenge map. That’ll be available starting on the 9th (Monday).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, you get can get Flame Emperor as long as you can beat their challenge map. That’ll be available starting on the 9th (Monday).

How hard are those maps usually? I have a fairly weak team, the strongest is Ferdinand at level 17. I do use all five-star characters, but they are fairly low level. I currently use Ike, Hilda, Ferdinand and Micaiah. Know what I think about it, I have mostly green heroes due to using so many green orbs for summons in a vain attempt to get Edelgard.

23 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

How hard are those maps usually? I have a fairly weak team, the strongest is Ferdinand at level 17. I do use all five-star characters, but they are fairly low level. I currently use Ike, Hilda, Ferdinand and Micaiah. Know what I think about it, I have mostly green heroes due to using so many green orbs for summons in a vain attempt to get Edelgard.

The lowest difficulty puts all of the enemies at Lv. 30 and shouldn't be hard at all if you can get your characters to the max level (40). Do keep in mind, however, that you cannot let a character be defeated or you automatically lose the map. 

Maps like these will usually last at least a week if not longer, so you'll don't have to ready to beat it straight away. And even if you cannot beat the map, Flame Emperor will eventually be available to summon (at 4-star rarity) for 100 Heroic Grails.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The lowest difficulty puts all of the enemies at Lv. 30 and shouldn't be hard at all if you can get your characters to the max level (40). Do keep in mind, however, that you cannot let a character be defeated or you automatically lose the map. 

Maps like these will usually last at least a week if not longer, so you'll don't have to ready to beat it straight away. And even if you cannot beat the map, Flame Emperor will eventually be available to summon (at 4-star rarity) for 100 Heroic Grails.

Seems like I have some grinding to do. Thank you. I did just get the Death Knight as 4 star from heroic grails. Is there any reason to use a four-star hero of a five-star one? I do have a preference to use three houses characters, and especially those with Imperial allegiance. Which means I am probably crippling myself more than I should

8 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Seems like I have some grinding to do. Thank you. I did just get the Death Knight as 4 star from heroic grails. Is there any reason to use a four-star hero of a five-star one? I do have a preference to use three houses characters, and especially those with Imperial allegiance. Which means I am probably crippling myself more than I should

I suppose you only use 4-star characters when you don't have any better options (like I had to do way back when I started playing shortly after the game launched) and/or don't have the resources to raise a 4-star to a 5-star. They have less stats than what they would have if they were 5-star and also cannot unlock all of their innate skills as a 4-star.

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I suppose you only use 4-star characters when you don't have any better options (like I had to do way back when I started playing shortly after the game launched) and/or don't have the resources to raise a 4-star to a 5-star. They have less stats than what they would have if they were 5-star and also cannot unlock all of their innate skills as a 4-star.

Is it weird that I somehow managed to get 13 5 star heroes and I haven't really paid any real money and I started playing very recently?

Considering the state advance. I think that is rather good, so I haven't really been in a situation where I need to use anything but five-star heroes. It is just typical, but I just don't seem to be able to get the one hero I want. 

4 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Is it weird that I somehow managed to get 13 5 star heroes and I haven't really paid any real money and I started playing very recently?

Considering the state advance. I think that is rather good, so I haven't really been in a situation where I need to use anything but five-star heroes. It is just typical, but I just don't seem to be able to get the one hero I want. 

That's a pretty good amount of 5*s for a new player. Are you counting the free heroes? (Fjorm, Legendary Ike, Eir, Peony, CYL 2 freebie and CYL 3 Freebie), because if you are then the number is alright.

About Flame Emperor, he will be in a GHB starting next week. They are like the GHB rotations that we get daily: 3 difficulties, and you get a copy by beating each one. It may be harder than these weekly GHBs because they are Book 1 maps while Flame Emperor will be a Book 4 Map. A lot of new skills were added since then.

About using 4* or 5* units... depends. 5* units have access to their personal weapons (Marth gets Falchion, for example) and also personal skills or specials (5* Black Knight has access to Black Luna), without the need to merging a 5* into a 4*.

For me, I prefer to use 5* heroes that will enter in combat. If it's for support, or it's a +10 4*, then I use the 4*.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a pretty good amount of 5*s for a new player. Are you counting the free heroes? (Fjorm, Legendary Ike, Eir, Peony, CYL 2 freebie and CYL 3 Freebie), because if you are then the number is alright.

About Flame Emperor, he will be in a GHB starting next week. They are like the GHB rotations that we get daily: 3 difficulties, and you get a copy by beating each one. It may be harder than these weekly GHBs because they are Book 1 maps while Flame Emperor will be a Book 4 Map. A lot of new skills were added since then.

About using 4* or 5* units... depends. 5* units have access to their personal weapons (Marth gets Falchion, for example) and also personal skills or specials (5* Black Knight has access to Black Luna), without the need to merging a 5* into a 4*.

For me, I prefer to use 5* heroes that will enter in combat. If it's for support, or it's a +10 4*, then I use the 4*.

Well the complete number of 5 star heroes. I have are the following, Micaiah, Ferdinand, Hilda, Ike, Nailah, Kliff, Reinhardt, Peony, Morgan, Helbindi, Sue and Veronica spring princess and two copies of Veronica, brave princess. 

I assume the Flame Emperor will be similar to Kronya this week in terms of difficulty (who I can't beat yet). But I am getting closer, managed to get Ferdinand to level 31 from 17 earlier today and Micaiah to 25, Hilda to 27 and Ike to 20. Considering replacing Ike with Morgan who is also level 20. I have no idea if this is a good team or not. 

Also, the lowest difficulty for Kronya gets you a 3 star variant. I am assuming the same could be expected for the Flame Emperor? Which means I might want to save resources to upgrade her to 5 star. I did consider to make the Death Knight 5 star as they have just enough resources to do that, would that make him the equivalent of another five-star hero? 

I also hope that the Flame Emperor would be the equivalent of the regular version of Edelgard in power. Once you reach 5 stars. I am kind of new to the game, so I don't really know how this works

9 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Well the complete number of 5 star heroes. I have are the following, Micaiah, Ferdinand, Hilda, Ike, Nailah, Kliff, Reinhardt, Peony, Morgan, Helbindi, Sue and Veronica spring princess and two copies of Veronica, brave princess. 

I assume the Flame Emperor will be similar to Kronya this week in terms of difficulty (who I can't beat yet). But I am getting closer, managed to get Ferdinand to level 31 from 17 earlier today and Micaiah to 25, Hilda to 27 and Ike to 20. Considering replacing Ike with Morgan who is also level 20. I have no idea if this is a good team or not. 

Also, the lowest difficulty for Kronya gets you a 3 star variant. I am assuming the same could be expected for the Flame Emperor? Which means I might want to save resources to upgrade her to 5 star. I did consider to make the Death Knight 5 star as they have just enough resources to do that, would that make him the equivalent of another five-star hero? 

I also hope that the Flame Emperor would be the equivalent of the regular version of Edelgard in power. Once you reach 5 stars. I am kind of new to the game, so I don't really know how this works

I recommend reaching Lv 40 with yout units before doign the GHB map. The max stats will help a lot.

Since Flame Emperor is an armor unit, Micaiah has effective damage against him. If your Micaiah is the Brave version (green tome flier), then she will do very well.

Kronya's can be pretty challening to a new player, since her dagger is pretty strong. Unless the Flame Emperor's map has reinforcement, I don't expect much challenge... but the update increased generic foes stats on Lunatic or higher difficulties...

From your 5* heroes list, I didn't see Fjorm or Eir. They are pretty good units. You can ger Fjorm by beating Book 2 Chapter 1-5 on the easier difficulty. The same with Eir, by beating Book 3 Chapter 1-5 on the easier difficulty. We will also receive Altina soon, and she is also very good.

Promoting Death Knight into a 5* would improve his stats and give him access to his personal lance, the "Scythe of Sariel". To be fair, it's not that good (in my opinion). Death Knight wouldn't do well against Flame Emperor as well, since Axes beat Lances.

Flame Emperor has more HP, Atk and Res than Edelgard, while having lower Spd. However, Edelgard has better movement, has a personal axe (Flame Emperor doesn't have a personal axe) and has access to Boons.

Another thing you can work on is the "Heroes' Path". They are some quests that rewards you with orbs, feathers, grails, flower and even 5* Heroes: Reinherdt, Ninian, Mage Eirika, Xander and Brave Ike.

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I recommend reaching Lv 40 with yout units before doign the GHB map. The max stats will help a lot.

Since Flame Emperor is an armor unit, Micaiah has effective damage against him. If your Micaiah is the Brave version (green tome flier), then she will do very well.

Kronya's can be pretty challening to a new player, since her dagger is pretty strong. Unless the Flame Emperor's map has reinforcement, I don't expect much challenge... but the update increased generic foes stats on Lunatic or higher difficulties...

From your 5* heroes list, I didn't see Fjorm or Eir. They are pretty good units. You can ger Fjorm by beating Book 2 Chapter 1-5 on the easier difficulty. The same with Eir, by beating Book 3 Chapter 1-5 on the easier difficulty. We will also receive Altina soon, and she is also very good.

Promoting Death Knight into a 5* would improve his stats and give him access to his personal lance, the "Scythe of Sariel". To be fair, it's not that good (in my opinion). Death Knight wouldn't do well against Flame Emperor as well, since Axes beat Lances.

Flame Emperor has more HP, Atk and Res than Edelgard, while having lower Spd. However, Edelgard has better movement, has a personal axe (Flame Emperor doesn't have a personal axe) and has access to Boons.

Another thing you can work on is the "Heroes' Path". They are some quests that rewards you with orbs, feathers, grails, flower and even 5* Heroes: Reinherdt, Ninian, Mage Eirika, Xander and Brave Ike.

This actually seems to be Queen of Dawn Micaiah, she still seems to be a green tome user, with light of dawn and sacrifice, will this still be effective against the Flame Emperor? I am afraid that she has to take down the Flame Emperor in one hit as she won't survive the counter-attack. She has really high resilience, but low defence. But she has quite high attack. Light of dawn seems to to make her more effective against armoured and cavalry units as well. Still, I hope Ferdinand can survive an attack from an axe as I might need to reduce the Emperor's hp before I finish them off. Ferdinand has the best defence in the group despite being vulnerable to axes.

Morgan however, is a flyer, but she is a blue. I think the question here is whenever I want to train up her or Ike

Edit: I am being dumb, Micaiah has range, so she presumably wouldn't get counter-attacked by the Flame Emperor

Edited by Darkmoon6789

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

This actually seems to be Queen of Dawn Micaiah, she still seems to be a green tome user, with light of dawn and sacrifice, will this still be effective against the Flame Emperor? I am afraid that she has to take down the Flame Emperor in one hit as she won't survive the counter-attack. She has really high resilience, but low defence. But she has quite high attack. Light of dawn seems to to make her more effective against armoured and cavalry units as well. Still, I hope Ferdinand can survive an attack from an axe as I might need to reduce the Emperor's hp before I finish them off. Ferdinand has the best defence in the group despite being vulnerable to axes.

Morgan however, is a flyer, but she is a blue. I think the question here is whenever I want to train up her or Ike

Flame Emperor is a Axe Armor unit. He doesn't have Distant Counter A skill or Distant Counter on his weapon, then he cannot counterattack ranged attacks (bows, dagger, mages and staves), so Queen of Dawn Micaiah (which is the Brave Version) can initiate combat agaisnt him without be countered. Also, Light of Dawn is effective against armor, so she will multiplier her Atk by 1.5 against the Emperor. She may even kill him with one single attack if she is Lv 40.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Flame Emperor is a Axe Armor unit. He doesn't have Distant Counter A skill or Distant Counter on his weapon, then he cannot counterattack ranged attacks (bows, dagger, mages and staves), so Queen of Dawn Micaiah (which is the Brave Version) can initiate combat agaisnt him without be countered. Also, Light of Dawn is effective against armor, so she will multiplier her Atk by 1.5 against the Emperor. She may even kill him with one single attack if she is Lv 40.

I guess I assumed she would be on a Pegasus when you said flier, but I guess she is kind of levitating. Have actually been rather close to beating Kronya a couple of times now, and I am not living close to lvl 40. With a bit more grinding. I am sure it will be possible

18 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Oh! Ferdinand has a crush on Lyn!...and really, really hates Narcian.

So Ferdie gets to talk to Lyn, Oliver and Narcian and it all happens off screen in favor of a boring avatar support?

Uuuuuuugh what where they thinking. 

7 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Train up every 5* unit you have right now. It will make tackling the rest of the game much easier.

Use Special Training Maps under Special Maps to train as you can grind for SP faster there.

53 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I also hope that the Flame Emperor would be the equivalent of the regular version of Edelgard in power. Once you reach 5 stars.

Edelgard and Flame Emperor are two completely different units.

In my opinion, Edelgard is much stronger since she can do automatic follow-up attacks on both Player Phase and Enemy Phase.

Flame Emperor has higher stats, but her movement is lower and she cannot do automatic follow-up attacks on both phases unless you give the Flame Emperor Bold Fighter on the B slot and Quick Riposte Sacred Seal slot.

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I am kind of new to the game, so I don't really know how this works

In Heroes, there are roughly two distinct play styles: Player Phase and Enemy Phase. Player Phase players primarily prefer to do their combat during Player Phase, and Enemy Phase players primarily prefer to do their combat on Enemy Phase.

A lot of units in this game can run a Player Phase skill set and an Enemy Phase skill set, but the vast majority of units cannot do both effectively at the same time. You generally do not want to mix Player Phase skills with Enemy Phase skills together on a unit, as it will just make unit weak on both phases.

Similarly, I do not recommend mixing Player Phase units with Enemy Phase units on the same team. Player Phase units require significantly different support units compared to Enemy Phase units, and vice versa. Player Phase units generally do not need healers on the team, and Enemy Phase units generally do not need units that can Dance or Sing on the team.

I strongly recommend trying out both a Player Phase team and an Enemy Phase team in Arena Assault to see which play style you prefer more. I recommend using each team at least five to ten times so you get a good feel of both of them. You can simply surrender after you finish the first battle and keep doing Arena Assault over and over without expending any Stamina.

A simple Player Phase team that you can use right now can be Reinhardt, Peony, Veronica: Spring Princess, and Veronica: Brave Princess. And I recommend giving them the following skill sets, but do not worry if you do not have the all the right skills for them to Inherit. However, I do strongly recommend giving Reposition to Reinhardt and Veronica: Spring Princess as soon as possible. I also highly recommend watching this video by Pheonixmaster1 to get a basic idea on how to use a Player Phase team.

Spoiler

Reinhardt
+Atk
Weapon: Dire Thunder
Assist: Reposition
Special: Moonbow
A: Death Blow
B: Lancebreaker
C; Hone Cavalry
Sacred Seal: Sturdy Blow

Peony
Weapon: Flower of Joy
Assist: Gentle Dream
A: Fury
B: Wings of Mercy
C; Hone Spd
Sacred Seal: Atk Tactic

Veronica: Spring Princess
Weapon: Veðrfölnir's Egg — Gronnblade
A: Life and Death — Fury
B: Renewal — Desperation
C; Savage Blow
Sacred Seal: Swift Sparrow

Veronica: Brave Princess
Weapon: Hliðskjálf
Assist: Restore — Physic
Special: Windfire Balm
A: Attack +3
B: Wrathful Staff
C; Hone Cavalry
Sacred Seal: Atk/Spd +2

For an Enemy Phase team you can build right now, I recommend Ike: Vanguard Legend, Nailah, Helbindi, and Veronica: Brave Princess.

Spoiler

Ike: Vanguard Legend
+Spd/Def/Res
Weapon: Ragnell
Assist: Reposition — Swap
Special: Radiant Aether
A: Warding Breath
B: Quick Riposte
C; Drive Res
Sacred Seal: Mirror Stance

Nailah
+Spd
Weapon: Wolf Queen Fang
A: Distant Counter
B: Null C-Disrupt
C; Glare — Drive Def
Sacred Seal: Swift Stance

Helbindi
+Def/Res
Weapon: Býleistr
Special: Bonfire
A: Steady Stance
B: Guard
C; Drive Spd
Sacred Seal: Quick Riposte

C; Close Guard
Sacred Seal: Distant Guard

And as a final note for the difference between Player Phase teams and Enemy Phase teams, Player Phase teams are much, much, MUCH cheaper to build. All their crucial skills are available in the 3*/4* summoning pool. While having access to premium units and premium skills are nice, it is totally unnecessary for Player Phase teams. If you really want to spend Orbs as a Player Phase player, I highly recommend getting Azura: Vallite Songstress whenever she becomes available. In contrast, Enemy Phase units are more dependent on premium skills and high merges to have the same level of effectiveness as Player Phase units.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Train up every 5* unit you have right now. It will make tackling the rest of the game much easier.

Use Special Training Maps under Special Maps to train as you can grind for SP faster there.

Edelgard and Flame Emperor are two completely different units.

In my opinion, Edelgard is much stronger since she can do automatic follow-up attacks on both Player Phase and Enemy Phase.

Flame Emperor has higher stats, but her movement is lower and she cannot do automatic follow-up attacks on both phases unless you give the Flame Emperor Bold Fighter on the B slot and Quick Riposte Sacred Seal slot.

In Heroes, there are roughly two distinct play styles: Player Phase and Enemy Phase. Player Phase players primarily prefer to do their combat during Player Phase, and Enemy Phase players primarily prefer to do their combat on Enemy Phase.

A lot of units in this game can run a Player Phase skill set and an Enemy Phase skill set, but the vast majority of units cannot do both effectively at the same time. You generally do not want to mix Player Phase skills with Enemy Phase skills together on a unit, as it will just make unit weak on both phases.

Similarly, I do not recommend mixing Player Phase units with Enemy Phase units on the same team. Player Phase units require significantly different support units compared to Enemy Phase units, and vice versa. Player Phase units generally do not need healers on the team, and Enemy Phase units generally do not need units that can Dance or Sing on the team.

I strongly recommend trying out both a Player Phase team and an Enemy Phase team in Arena Assault to see which play style you prefer more. I recommend using each team at least five to ten times so you get a good feel of both of them. You can simply surrender after you finish the first battle and keep doing Arena Assault over and over without expending any Stamina.

A simple Player Phase team that you can use right now can be Reinhardt, Peony, Veronica: Spring Princess, and Veronica: Brave Princess. And I recommend giving them the following skill sets, but do not worry if you do not have the all the right skills for them to Inherit. However, I do strongly recommend giving Reposition to Reinhardt and Veronica: Spring Princess as soon as possible. I also highly recommend watching this video by Pheonixmaster1 to get a basic idea on how to use a Player Phase team.

Hide contents

Reinhardt
+Atk
Weapon: Dire Thunder
A: Death Blow
B: Lancebreaker
C; Hone Cavalry
Sacred Seal: Sturdy Blow

Peony
Weapon: Flower of Joy
Assist: Gentle Dream
A: Fury
B: Wings of Mercy
C; Hone Spd
Sacred Seal: Atk Tactic

Veronica: Spring Princess
Weapon: Veðrfölnir's Egg — Gronnblade
A: Life and Death — Fury
B: Renewal — Desperation
C; Savage Blow
Sacred Seal: Swift Sparrow

C; Hone Cavalry
Sacred Seal: Atk/Spd +2

For an Enemy Phase team you can build right now, I recommend Ike: Vanguard Legend, Nailah, Helbindi, and Veronica: Brave Princess.

Hide contents

Ike: Vanguard Legend
+Spd/Def/Res
Weapon: Ragnell
Special: Radiant Aether
A: Warding Breath
B: Quick Riposte
C; Drive Res
Sacred Seal: Mirror Stance

Nailah
+Spd
Weapon: Wolf Queen Fang
A: Distant Counter
B: Null C-Disrupt
C; Glare — Drive Def
Sacred Seal: Swift Stance

Helbindi
+Def/Res
Weapon: Býleistr
Special: Bonfire
A: Steady Stance
B: Guard
C; Drive Spd
Sacred Seal: Quick Riposte

C; Close Guard
Sacred Seal: Distant Guard

And as a final note for the difference between Player Phase teams and Enemy Phase teams, Player Phase teams are much, much, MUCH cheaper to build. All their crucial skills are available in the 3*/4* summoning pool. While having access to premium units and premium skills are nice, it is totally unnecessary for Player Phase teams. If you really want to spend Orbs as a Player Phase player, I highly recommend getting Azura: Vallite Songstress whenever she becomes available. In contrast, Enemy Phase units are more dependent on premium skills and high merges to have the same level of effectiveness as Player Phase units.

Thanks for the advice, I guess what I am running now is mostly a player phase team with Ferdinand Micaiah, Hilda and Morgan.(Had a bit more success against Kronya with this team than with Ike). As it is now Ferdinand takes literally zero damage from most physical attacks. Micaiah don't take much damage from magic. Maybe that could be used in a enemy phase team.

I think I would like to create a team involving the Flame Emperor and the Death Knight just because it is kind of thematic. Not sure how viable that would be, but it would be fun.

How do you get access to seals? I don't think I have a single one.

I am also not sure how to inherit skills, but I guess I will understand that with time. As of right now I mostly just unlock whatever the unit has on them

Edit. Just beat Kronya. With a team of about lvl 30 characters. If the Flame Emperor is about this difficult I guess I will be fine. Ferdinand proved to actually being able to tank her attacks once he got high enough level

Edited by Darkmoon6789

Thanks for the advice, I guess what I am running now is mostly a player phase team with Ferdinand Micaiah, Hilda and Morgan.(Had a bit more success against Kronya with this team than with Ike). As it is now Ferdinand takes literally zero damage from most physical attacks. Micaiah don't take much damage from magic. Maybe that could be used in a enemy phase team.

For a Player Phase team, the core tactic is hit and run. You send the nuke in to kill something, and then Dance/Sing the nuke, and then have the nuke retreat and use Reposition on the Dancer/Singer.

Micaiah: Queen of Dawn can be built to go either phase, depending on preference, but her default skill kit leans more Enemy Phase.

I think I would like to create a team involving the Flame Emperor and the Death Knight just because it is kind of thematic. Not sure how viable that would be, but it would be fun.

You will looking at an Enemy Phase team.

I assume you have Three Houses, your own Switch, and your own Nintendo account. If you have all three, you can go to My Nintendo's site and follow the instructions there to claim Byleth: Tested Professor.

With Flame Emperor, Death Knight, and M!Byleth, you will have one of each primary colored tank. To round off the team, you can use Mercedes as the healer to top up their HP when they get low.

It is not the most viable team, but it should be able to handle all Story Maps and maybe most Lunatic Special Maps.

How do you get access to seals? I don't think I have a single one.

I am also not sure how to inherit skills, but I guess I will understand that with time. As of right now I mostly just unlock whatever the unit has on them

I recommend keep doing the tasks outlined in Heroes' Path. It is a very minimalistic tutorial for the game, but it should cover most of the basics.

I also recommend checking out Learn with Sharena! if you prefer a more readable tutorial.

To access Sacred Seals, you need to complete Book I Chapter 13: Diabolical Bloodlines, as well Book I Intermission: A Power Awakens.

To Inherit skills, you need to go to <Allies> menu, select <Ally Growth>, and then select <Inherit Skill>.

Before you inherit skills, I strongly recommend that you keep any Heroes the games gives you for free (this excludes the free Heroes from each Focus, but does include the free Heroes from the Choose Your Legends Foci that gives you a guaranteed free unit). Free Heroes that the game gives you have no Assets and no Flaws, and these units are crucial to following free strategy videos on YouTube. Having no Assets and Flaws is important to following those guides, as a single point in stat difference may cause the AI to move differently and render the guide difficult to follow at best or unusable at worst.

To enable Asset and Flaw display, go to <Misc.>, then <Settings>, then scroll to <Asset/Flaw Color Display>, and tap it until it shows <On>. When you go back out and select a unit, stats with an Asset will be displayed blue, and stats with a Flaw will be displayed red. Units that do not have any Assets nor Flaws will have no color among any of their stats. I strongly recommend favoriting 1 copy of each neutral Hero you have so you do not accidentally fodder it for skills.

Edited by XRay

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

For a Player Phase team, the core tactic is hit and run. You send the nuke in to kill something, and then Dance/Sing the nuke, and then have the nuke retreat and use Reposition on the Dancer/Singer.

Micaiah: Queen of Dawn can be built to go either phase, depending on preference, but her default skill kit leans more Enemy Phase.

You will looking at an Enemy Phase team.

I assume you have Three Houses, your own Switch, and your own Nintendo account. If you have all three, you can go to My Nintendo's site and follow the instructions there to claim Byleth: Tested Professor.

With Flame Emperor, Death Knight, and M!Byleth, you will have one of each primary colored tank. To round off the team, you can use Mercedes as the healer to top up their HP when they get low.

It is not the most viable team, but it should be able to handle all Story Maps and maybe most Lunatic Special Maps.

I recommend keep doing the tasks outlined in Heroes' Path. It is a very minimalistic tutorial for the game, but it should cover most of the basics.

I also recommend checking out Learn with Sharena! if you prefer a more readable tutorial.

To access Sacred Seals, you need to complete Book I Chapter 13: Diabolical Bloodlines, as well Book I Intermission: A Power Awakens.

To Inherit skills, you need to go to <Allies> menu, select <Ally Growth>, and then select <Inherit Skill>.

Before you inherit skills, I strongly recommend that you keep any Heroes the games gives you for free (this excludes the free Heroes from each Focus, but does include the free Heroes from the Choose Your Legends Foci that gives you a guaranteed free unit). Free Heroes that the game gives you have no Assets and no Flaws, and these units are crucial to following free strategy videos on YouTube. Having no Assets and Flaws is important to following those guides, as a single point in stat difference may cause the AI to move differently and render the guide difficult to follow at best or unusable at worst.

To enable Asset and Flaw display, go to <Misc.>, then <Settings>, then scroll to <Asset/Flaw Color Display>, and tap it until it shows <On>. When you go back out and select a unit, stats with an Asset will be displayed blue, and stats with a Flaw will be displayed red. Units that do not have any Assets nor Flaws will have no color among any of their stats. I strongly recommend favoriting 1 copy of each neutral Hero you have so you do not accidentally fodder it for skills.

Thanks, so I just managed to beat Kronya and I was wondering if this character is worth using. She seems to have some rather strong skills. I will probably prioritise getting the Flame Emperor up to 5 stars (assuming they aren't already at 5 stars, but it will likely be a similar situation to Kronya)

Of course I will perhaps replace the Flame Emperor with Edelgard if I managed to get her, but that is down to pure luck. Would Edelgard be as good as a tank?

Yes, I do own a switch and three houses. I only need to link the Nintendo account, right? While I do prefer female Byleth, I do believe any Byleth has very good chemistry with Edelgard. 

5 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Sort of.

Since you're just starting out, you'll want at least one of every color, and one of every damage type within that color.  You've got the color ratio more-or-less down.  Staffbots can stay at 4* for the time being.  Lucius/Azama can help to chip the enemy down, Sakura/Clarine can blunt enemy offenses with Fear, Wrys make take some time to get used to (but Slow is good on both offense and defense, if you can take advantage of it), and Priscilla/Maria's Panic is situational.  Lachesis can work with Absorb; Serra doesn't do it as well.  Lissa/Mercedes both have Gravity, which can be useful defensively, but you'll need a dancer to make it work.

Grab Olivia, who's a freebie unit (her map will appear at the bottom of Events eventually - it rotates daily).  If you get enough grails, save them for a copy of Young Azura.  Both of them are dancers, and they are invaluable when going up against challenge maps.  Like staffbots, they're utility, so they can stay at 4*.

For the rest of the colorless, bow units not named Norne are mostly for some sort of offense, and many of them will require some investment for best results.  Klein is probably the cheapest to build, since he comes with a good offensive set.  Niles has the weird niche of being able to bait magic users.  I prefer daggers with a dancer, since they debuff in a fairly wide area, and I want to take advantage of that.  Of the available ones, Sothe and Legault are good for outright killing things, Matthew is more of a supportive role, Saizo can tank a physical hit sometimes, Kaze can tank a magical hit, I've never figured out how to make Gaius useful, and do a little happy dance if you get Tethys (she's a dancer that comes with a very good dagger).

Try the Flame Emperor's map a few times once the event goes live.  If you have problems with it, make a post in the appropriate topic, and include the stats of everyone that you could use.  Since this is a "new" GHB, it'll come back around, so don't panic if you can't do all of the difficulties yet!  Anyway, welcome to Heroes, and if you need assistance, use the Questions thread that's pinned!