Fire Emblem and the Legend of Zelda Mashup Game

BEASTSLAYER1997

Hey there people of Serene's Forest! I have decided to make a fan game featuring a Legend of Zelda theme but using Fire Emblem mechanics. I have the general story, classes, characters, and stats down, but I am having trouble designing sprites that are good. I have always been rather bad at art, so I don't see myself being able to design 30+ characters with all of their separate classes. I was hoping to get some help from some artists here! Honestly any help at all would be nice. Feel free to ask questions about the game or post sprite sheets here. Anything you guys can offer would be helpful. Thanks!

If I understand correctly, you're making a game? If you're using FE builder, I'd recommend downloading ROMs of all of the GBA games, but especially 6, since there's a real bounty of portraits there.

40 minutes ago, BEASTSLAYER1997 said:

Honestly, I was going to try it in unity. I had no idea there was a program dedicated to this exact game style. I will check it FE Builder out! Thanks a bunch.

Yep! There's also a heck ton of battle animations on this website under resources. I'm no expert, but there are some people who are really good at this kind of stuff, so hopefuly we'll be able to help you out on this journey!

At long last, I can A-support Malon!

P.S. Although I may get too busy, I am willing and happy to collaborate with you on this project; however, I too am inexoerienced and can't sprite to save my life. Still, I love the concept of An LoZ-FE crossover, so PM me if you're interested. Or I can PM you if you don't know how.

Edited by Benice

Well, quick update for anyone interested. I am starting to get a pretty good grasp of FEbuilderGBA. I have started building classes and skills, but still need help with all of the sprite work. I am not experienced with the color schemes, but have at least 7 new class sprites for the map and new battle animation sprites for all the new characters. If anyone is interested in helping me, please send me a message. I would greatly appreciate it. 🙂