Characters that need more appreciation from every FE game

Regnal.Astra

The link doesn't really work but characters from each game that need more appreciation would be...

Archenea: Xane. He's one of the few characters who has an expresive personality and he's a very unique unit. The anti human stance gives him some depth.

Jugdrall: Azelle. He's a very unique character. Few units can boast being the little brother of the main villain. Despite his unique situation and his personal issues both IS and the fans seem to have largely ignored him. Azelle is nowhere to be seen in either Heroes or the Awakening cameo's, and he's rarely talked about. 

Elibe: I think pretty much everyone gets his due there though Narshen might argue he's not getting the appreciation he deserves. 

Magvel: Caellach seems to play second fiddle to Valter but he's far better. Caellach for heroes!

Tellius: Muarim is the big one. Tormod has a niche fanbase of his own but no one ever talks about that wholesome tiger. 

Ylisse: Gangrel surprisingly enough. He's decently popular but IS doesn't seem to realize its the only villain from Awakening that's halfway decent. He's noticeable snubbed in both Heroes and Warriors. 

Fateslandia: For some bizarre reason Siegbert consistently scores extremely low in CYL without having done anything to deserve that. 

Fodlan: Ignatz is the big one. Like Siegbert he seems widely disliked despite having done nothing to deserve it. 

Fe Warriors: Rowan seems to be hated a tad too much. He's not particularly great but hardly terrible either. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

FE6: I think Yoder is pretty interesting based on Ghast Station's support science. Niime is also pretty interesting.

FE7: Renault is a pretty amazing character but sadly he is overlooked because his supports are difficult to grind and simply not natural to do so unless you go out of your way to do so.

FE8: I think the Demon King is a pretty good generic villain. He's good at manipulating people and getting things done. 

FE9/FE10: Tauroneo is pretty underrated and I have wrote an analysis on why I love him so much. 

Definitely Makalov, he gets so much undeserved hate

Luthier shoud get more love too, he has a small fanbase but he should get much more

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Muarim is the big one. Tormod has a niche fanbase of his own but no one ever talks about that wholesome tiger. 

The Muarim fanbase is a hell of a lot bigger than the Vika/Lyre/Fiona ones, and the fact that you didn't mention either of them proves my point.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Vika/Lyre/Fiona ones

It often makes me wonder if people actually gave those ladies a try. Having Vika solo the level she returns is a great sight. But I agree they need more love

1. Franz-probanly the best non-Seth in FE8.
  2. Caellach
  3. Vika
  4. Aran
  5. Laura
  6. Rolf
  7. Larum
  8. Shanna/Thany
  9. L'Arachel- her entrance in ch. 11 (ephraim route) is pure gold,
  10. Tana
  11. Azelle
  12. Kostas
Edited by Benice

Asaello. Despite being a substitute character he is surprisingly well characterized, especially for someone from FE4 of all things. He's arguably much better as a character than his original counterpart Febail.

That's a cool video.  By that, I mean it goes right back to this topic.

Next time, run this by the staff first.  This is a fine line.

Edited by eclipse

3 hours ago, CatManThree said:

Asaello. Despite being a substitute character he is surprisingly well characterized, especially for someone from FE4 of all things. He's arguably much better as a character than his original counterpart Febail.

Nice to someone else appreciates Asaello the hitman of Connote.

There is far too little Thracia mentioned in this thread, so let me add 5

Miranda, Eda, Homer, Dorias, and Shanam.

Miranda need it the most, as the princess of Alster can easily be missed by hiding in the less popular path of the Thracia route split, and even has scenes in the story that are only seen if she joins Lief's army. She is the only royal of Northern Thracia other than prince Lief to survive Grannvale's occupation, as she was held captive by the Loptians to ensure Conomore and Alster's loyalty. If she is recruited she pressures Lief into the disastrous assault on Alster, and even has a scene during the ending where she offers Lief marriage at the insistence of her advisors, only to be put off (and if Nanna lives put aside), before finding some self esteem in the ending to fall in love and marry someone of her choosing.

Eda is massively overshadowed by her brother, but she deserves some notice too. Poor thing was the only character on the favorite female wyvern poll without any vote before I took pity on her. In game, she followed her brother into his faux exile to protect Arion's fiance, and that selfless need to help others without regard to her own needs is the one defining character we see in her. From her first suggestion of a suicidal attack to help Tahra, to her ending that outright says she neglects her need to help her friend Altena.

Homer is one of those womanizing characters, but he has a certain type. Its actually kinda funny to send female characters other than Nanna to see what issues he has with them before Nanna uses her charms to make him join Lief's army. It is also rather fun seeing him as enough of a conman to recognize Shanam for what he is.

Dorias may not be a playable character but has such a critical role in both gameplay and story. Dorias was left without an arm in battle long ago and acts as one of Lief advisor, giving him an extra leadership star, and would lead the disastrous assault on Alster in Lief's stead that put his victorious army on the defensive, and opens Genealogy chapter 7. In story he acts as a counter point to Lief's other advisor Augustus, where Augustus is willing to do any shady activity as long as the ends justify the means, Dorias upholds the notion that knightly honor and duty are virtuous no matter the ends, and in the end this would lead him to his death.

Shanam is a character they had a lot of fun with. Starting as a joke from one of Genealogy's secret scenes when Janne (Nanna's substitute) visit part of the collection of villages representing Tahra, where there is a conman pretending to be prince Shannan. In Thracia we first see him bumming around Tahra, moments away from fleeing as a battle that might need Shannan's help arrives, and Homer calls him out on it just before he goes. When next we see him, Mareeta, believing him to be Shannan begs him to teach her the secret of Astra, a part of her birthright denied he by her exile, and while he tries to con her with generic advice, it works. The secret of Astra was within Mareeta the whole time. When he finally joins its Homer who shames him into joining, and he is absolutely terrible, his only redeeming feature being his otherwise unique bargain skill.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

The link doesn't really work but characters from each game that need more appreciation would be...

Archenea: Xane. He's one of the few characters who has an expresive personality and he's a very unique unit. The anti human stance gives him some depth.

Jugdrall: Azelle. He's a very unique character. Few units can boast being the little brother of the main villain. Despite his unique situation and his personal issues both IS and the fans seem to have largely ignored him. Azelle is nowhere to be seen in either Heroes or the Awakening cameo's, and he's rarely talked about. 

Elibe: I think pretty much everyone gets his due there though Narshen might argue he's not getting the appreciation he deserves. 

Magvel: Caellach seems to play second fiddle to Valter but he's far better. Caellach for heroes!

Tellius: Muarim is the big one. Tormod has a niche fanbase of his own but no one ever talks about that wholesome tiger. 

Ylisse: Gangrel surprisingly enough. He's decently popular but IS doesn't seem to realize its the only villain from Awakening that's halfway decent. He's noticeable snubbed in both Heroes and Warriors. 

Fateslandia: For some bizarre reason Siegbert consistently scores extremely low in CYL without having done anything to deserve that. 

Fodlan: Ignatz is the big one. Like Siegbert he seems widely disliked despite having done nothing to deserve it. 

Fe Warriors: Rowan seems to be hated a tad too much. He's not particularly great but hardly terrible either. 

Ah yes I agree with those. They are very underrated. Btw I fixed the link

On 3/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, Benice said:
  1. Franz-probanly the best non-Seth in FE8.
  2. Caellach
  3. Vika
  4. Aran
  5. Laura
  6. Rolf
  7. Larum
  8. Shanna/Thany
  9. L'Arachel- her entrance in ch. 11 (ephraim route) is pure gold,
  10. Tana
  11. Azelle
  12. Kostas

Yes I agree

On 3/6/2020 at 1:54 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Nice to someone else appreciates Asaello the hitman of Connote.

There is far too little Thracia mentioned in this thread, so let me add 5

Miranda, Eda, Homer, Dorias, and Shanam.

Miranda need it the most, as the princess of Alster can easily be missed by hiding in the less popular path of the Thracia route split, and even has scenes in the story that are only seen if she joins Lief's army. She is the only royal of Northern Thracia other than prince Lief to survive Grannvale's occupation, as she was held captive by the Loptians to ensure Conomore and Alster's loyalty. If she is recruited she pressures Lief into the disastrous assault on Alster, and even has a scene during the ending where she offers Lief marriage at the insistence of her advisors, only to be put off (and if Nanna lives put aside), before finding some self esteem in the ending to fall in love and marry someone of her choosing.

Eda is massively overshadowed by her brother, but she deserves some notice too. Poor thing was the only character on the favorite female wyvern poll without any vote before I took pity on her. In game, she followed her brother into his faux exile to protect Arion's fiance, and that selfless need to help others without regard to her own needs is the one defining character we see in her. From her first suggestion of a suicidal attack to help Tahra, to her ending that outright says she neglects her need to help her friend Altena.

Homer is one of those womanizing characters, but he has a certain type. Its actually kinda funny to send female characters other than Nanna to see what issues he has with them before Nanna uses her charms to make him join Lief's army. It is also rather fun seeing him as enough of a conman to recognize Shanam for what he is.

Dorias may not be a playable character but has such a critical role in both gameplay and story. Dorias was left without an arm in battle long ago and acts as one of Lief advisor, giving him an extra leadership star, and would lead the disastrous assault on Alster in Lief's stead that put his victorious army on the defensive, and opens Genealogy chapter 7. In story he acts as a counter point to Lief's other advisor Augustus, where Augustus is willing to do any shady activity as long as the ends justify the means, Dorias upholds the notion that knightly honor and duty are virtuous no matter the ends, and in the end this would lead him to his death.

Shanam is a character they had a lot of fun with. Starting as a joke from one of Genealogy's secret scenes when Janne (Nanna's substitute) visit part of the collection of villages representing Tahra, where there is a conman pretending to be prince Shannan. In Thracia we first see him bumming around Tahra, moments away from fleeing as a battle that might need Shannan's help arrives, and Homer calls him out on it just before he goes. When next we see him, Mareeta, believing him to be Shannan begs him to teach her the secret of Astra, a part of her birthright denied he by her exile, and while he tries to con her with generic advice, it works. The secret of Astra was within Mareeta the whole time. When he finally joins its Homer who shames him into joining, and he is absolutely terrible, his only redeeming feature being his otherwise unique bargain skill.

Yes they are all underrated especially Miranda, I could probably make a video alone on just Underrated Thracia characters

On 3/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, CatManThree said:

Yes that is true just like how people prefer Laylea over Lene

10 hours ago, Regnal.Astra said:

Yes that is true just like how people prefer Laylea over Lene

That's usually only the case over her design coupled with the belief by some that her having charm makes her better than Lene. Least from my understanding.

With Asaello, his notoriety comes from how he is a very different character from Febail and has quite a bit of dialogue for a character in FE4. Instead of being an angsty "soft boy" trying to look intimidating when he really isn't all that tough like Febail, Asaello is actually mature killer who is feared as a result of his profession and skills in spite of his intentions behind the work. He also has a minor trait of disliking nobles brought up a couple of times, one of them (lover conversation with Muirne) has him complaining about something along the lines of how easy it is for nobleman with holy blood to get so strong while average folk have to work for it.

• 3 months later...

The only two from the GBA Era that deserves their own paralogues are the two villains below. I refuse any logic against them. 😁

I totally would not mind having Narcian as a Villain Protagonist for the Binding Blade Paralogue! Maybe shine some light on how he became to be the GBA era's resident narcissist?
Another VP paralogue I'd like to see would be Valter and how he became our resident GBA deranged psycho we know and love. (😱+😎)/2

Edited by henrymidfields