Neutral Tome Weapon Type - Who do you see fit?

Yexin

With today's update, staves without damage limitations colorless tomes have been added!

Who do you see fit for this new weapon type?

Personally, i can see being colorless tomes units i previously thought would be either staff, blue tome or green tome units: Sephiran, Ashera, Rhea and others, just to name a few

It's highly likely imo that only VERY premium units will have colorless tomes, so i really can't see units such as Erk, Ilyana or Asvel to be part of this category

So, what are your guesses?

Edited by Yexin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking back to how OG Julia has blue colored animations as a green tome, I can definitely see colorless tomes being the standard for Light/Dark mages that don't fit in the anima magic triangle (Fire = Red, Thunder = Blue, Wind = Green). Although we kind of have Dark = Red for now (Henry, Hubert, Raigh, etc.), I can see future "legendary" magic units getting colorless tomes to represent higher tiers of light/dark that exist in their game's canon.

The generic tome for it is apparently called "Rock", so definitely Veld with Stone. He makes too much sense for it.

I do like FEH adding new magic elements. Earth was a weird element always missing from FE magic overall minus a few examples.

Also, I'm like... 99% sure they added it to give Tomes a colorless option since, if they add Fists which is highly likely especially now with these being added, it'd be the last group of weapons that lacks a Colorless variant.

Edited by Emerson

Personally, I was thinking things would be set up like

• Red = Fire + Dark
  • Blue = Thunder + Light
  • Green = Wind + Spirit Scrolls (the Hoshidan "Tomes" from Fates)

so I really have no idea what colorless tomes are going to be... I also have concerns that unless they're going to be consolidating Tomes into one supertype like Knives, Bows, Dragonstones, or Beast attacks, Colorless tome units will have a really rough time of it due to being so far behind other Tome colors in terms of weapon options. Besides, I felt Staves kind of already represented colorless ranged magic damage? I guess they're not considering them to, though. To the addition's credit, the idea of Earth magic in Fire Emblem is a cool one, assuming "Rock" ends up being the final name of the basic Colorless tome.

Personally, I was hoping for Gauntlets as a new weapon type in the role of colorless physical melee, since we currently only have four 5★-exclusive Beast units in that role, one of whom is seasonal.

Alas... another day, perhaps.

Edited by Topaz Light

I like their addition and I personally would like to see units that are not the typical fast Desperation nuke to be able to separate themselves from fast wrathful dazzling staff healers like Camilla or Veronica that also can hit pretty hard. 

Candidates are for me are Ashera since she has the whole Order thing going for her so being neutral in the Weapon triangle does fit her theme. Brave Lysithea as I think that it will be the perfect way to make her colorless without being a healer. Other candidates are Vled and Braimond. Another interesting option is Freyr and Freya from book 4 as we have fairies for all colours but they are far more powerful than them it seems it is natural for them to be Colourless.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Freyr and Freya from book 4 as we have fairies for all colours but they are far more powerful than them it seems it is natural for them to be Colourless.

That's a good point! Yeah, I'm betting one or both of them will be Colorless tomes.

Other predictions are Legendary Micaiah and possibly B!Lysithea. And of course Ashera and possibly Rhea. I'm surprised we got Colorless tomes though, since previous ones have been color-locked. This'll be interesting!

Gauntlets are a lock after this, right?

29 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a good point! Yeah, I'm betting one or both of them will be Colorless tomes.

Other predictions are Legendary Micaiah and possibly B!Lysithea. And of course Ashera and possibly Rhea. I'm surprised we got Colorless tomes though, since previous ones have been color-locked. This'll be interesting!

Gauntlets are a lock after this, right?

I don't really see them adding gauntlets into FEH, cuz there's only like five characters who could reasonably be gauntlet units outside of seasonals, those being Dedue, Caspar, Raphael, Alois, and Balthus. That's not enough to justify a whole new unit type.

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't really see them adding gauntlets into FEH, cuz there's only like five characters who could reasonably be gauntlet units outside of seasonals, those being Dedue, Caspar, Raphael, Alois, and Balthus. That's not enough to justify a whole new unit type.

That said, there' also nothing that justifies colored dagger/bow over colorless dagger/bow. It IS theoretically possible, but yes, still unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

That said, there' also nothing that justifies colored dagger/bow over colorless dagger/bow. It IS theoretically possible, but yes, still unlikely.

There's a lot more potential bow users and dagger users than there are gauntlet users. Since thieves are automatically dagger units in FEH, there's a lot more options to choose from. With gauntlets, they've only been in one game so far.

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

There's a lot more potential bow users and dagger users than there are gauntlet users. Since thieves are automatically dagger units in FEH, there's a lot more options to choose from. With gauntlets, they've only been in one game so far.

Int sys has been rather arbitrary with its weapon types; I do however agree that IF we see gauntlets, it'll be later or they'll become seasonal gimmicks.

I would not at all be surprised to see Legendary Micaiah or Brave Lysithea get a colorless tome. I can also see Ashera, Rhea, Athos, Nergal, and Bramimond. I doubt they'll remain locked to super premium units, though, and eventually branch out to characters like Orochi.

If it's not a mythic, I'm going to be disappointed.  Wouldn't mind Athos/Brammy, as Elibe doesn't have a mythic yet (y'all in Tellius have Yune and Altina).

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I would not at all be surprised to see Legendary Micaiah or Brave Lysithea get a colorless tome. I can also see Ashera, Rhea, Athos, Nergal, and Bramimond. I doubt they'll remain locked to super premium units, though, and eventually branch out to characters like Orochi.

Brave Lysithea will probably get Ukonvasara. This is the developers’ golden chance to add yet another axe loli. 

Legendary Micaiah is a possibility. It’d complete FEH’s color variety. There’s also the possibility of Reinhardt getting that as well to have him in every color. Izana, Manfroy or Sephiran are also good candidates. 

Brammimond for Mythic? Yes papa! I personally think that colorless also represents his soul, since it reflects whomever he's speaking to. His personal tome/skill would probably have a similar reference to  this also.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm surprised we got Colorless tomes though, since previous ones have been color-locked. This'll be interesting!

Colorless tomes don't appear to share a weapon pool with other colors, though.

Colorless times really surprised me. I thought they'd add gauntlets, but surprise! Colorless tomes. Umm I don't know. Can't say.