Neutral Tome Weapon Type - Who do you see fit?

Yexin

Hmmm...off the top of my head the only ones I can think that could possibly be colorless tome units are Gotoh with Starlight, Brave Lysithea with...something and maybe a Legendary Micaiah just so she has all colors with cavalry/armor effective damage. Perhaps a Legendary F!Corrin as well if she is in her Nohrian Noble outfit and Athos as well though I'm not sure if they would make Aureola a colorless tome instead of blue. Of course there will be plenty of seasonal units with colorless tomes using whatever kind of weapon. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I would not at all be surprised to see Legendary Micaiah or Brave Lysithea get a colorless tome. I can also see Ashera, Rhea, Athos, Nergal, and Bramimond. I doubt they'll remain locked to super premium units, though, and eventually branch out to characters like Orochi.

by "VERY premium units", i meant at least 5*-locked units, and imo they would wait at least a whole year to add 4* colorless tomes or even free units with colorless tomes, just like they did with green colored bows and red colored daggers, even though this could be justified by the fact that colored bows and daggers are worse than their colorless counterparts

so yeah, i can see a colorless tome orochi, but only if 5*-locked

anyway, thanks for everyone's replies!

6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Hmmm...off the top of my head the only ones I can think that could possibly be colorless tome units are Gotoh with Starlight, Brave Lysithea with...something and maybe a Legendary Micaiah just so she has all colors with cavalry/armor effective damage. Perhaps a Legendary F!Corrin as well if she is in her Nohrian Noble outfit and Athos as well though I'm not sure if they would make Aureola a colorless tome instead of blue. Of course there will be plenty of seasonal units with colorless tomes using whatever kind of weapon. 

I feel like Athos is more likely to be red since the Forblaze tome belongs to him

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I feel like Athos is more likely to be red since the Forblaze tome belongs to him

Even though Lilina already has Forblaze in Heroes. Though I guess there is nothing stopping them from making a variation of it called 'Blazing Forblaze' or something.

37 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Even though Lilina already has Forblaze in Heroes. Though I guess there is nothing stopping them from making a variation of it called 'Blazing Forblaze' or something.

Yeah there really isn't anything stopping Athos from having a stronger version of Forblaze, especially since Altina dual wields the Ragnell and the Alondite

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Colorless tomes don't appear to share a weapon pool with other colors, though.

I know, that's why it's so surprising~

It makes you wonder if they'll bother to make colorless generic tomes (in which case we'll get a lot of these units) or they'll be like beasts and all Colorless tome units will have Prfs and the same weaker tomes leading up to them.

I wonder what colorless tomes will have to set them apart from the other colors and weapon types? Unlike colorless bows, breaths, and daggers, they won't be able to inherit weapons from colored units, and colorless tomes themselves will have an extra weakness to Cancel Affinity due to the above weapon types' capability of using it (not to mention their own inability of using it due to them being tomes) in case they gain their own Raven tome.

I suppose there's something special about a tome user — especially a nuke — being able to ignore the weapon triangle (*coughlegendarycelicacough*). But I don't really see what else they can offer on paper.

For a regular unit, I would like Laurent to be a colorless tome! Not really sure if it will really happens but we never know!

21 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

(not to mention their own inability of using it due to them being tomes)

Colorless bows and colorless daggers can use Cancel Affinity despite colored bows and colored daggers not being able to use Cancel Affinity, so it's possible that colorless tomes will also be able to use Cancel Affinity.

25 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

in case they gain their own Raven tome.

16 minutes ago, Nym said:

For a regular unit, I would like Laurent to be a colorless tome! Not really sure if it will really happens but we never know!

Because they won't be sharing weapons with the existing tome weapon types, I don't really see them implementing any inheritable colorless tomes into the game. All new weapon types so far have either shared weapons with existing weapon types (bows, daggers, breaths) or only have uninheritable weapons (beast) because creating a brand new set of inheritable weapons takes too long to add enough variety for inheritance to matter.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Colorless bows and colorless daggers can use Cancel Affinity despite colored bows and colored daggers not being able to use Cancel Affinity, so it's possible that colorless tomes will also be able to use Cancel Affinity.

That's more of a gamble, really.
It's not able to be used on Staff and Tome units. If they changed it so that it was unable to be used on Staff and Colored Tome units, that'd be fine. But IS will likely take the lazy way out and keep it as Staff and Tome. IS has made these kinds of lazy decisions before, and with games other than FEH.
I mean, just look at Fates...that game's a museum of laziness.
EDIT: Then again, it looks like some skills have been updated to include colorless tomes as incompatible, and Cancel Affinity isn't one of them. You may be right after all about them being able to use it.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because they won't be sharing weapons with the existing tome weapon types, I don't really see them implementing any inheritable colorless tomes into the game. All new weapon types so far have either shared weapons with existing weapon types (bows, daggers, breaths) or only have uninheritable weapons (beast) because creating a brand new set of inheritable weapons takes too long to add enough variety for inheritance to matter.

I'd say it wouldn't matter how long it'd take to make an armory of colorless tomes, because games like this are all about the long game. But that'd go against what I just said, and with how IS has been acting recently I truly believe they'll have neither the patience nor the foresight to do it. Especially with how much less they're making from this game every year.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I'd say it wouldn't matter how long it'd take to make an armory of colorless tomes, because games like this are all about the long game. But that'd go against what I just said, and with how IS has been acting recently I truly believe they'll have neither the patience nor the foresight to do it. Especially with how much less they're making from this game every year.

Colorless breaths were added 23 months ago, and we currently only have 4, none of which have inheritable weapons.

Colored bows were added 22 months ago, and we currently only have 2 red, 4 blue, and 6 green bows, of which only 1 red, 1 blue, and 5 green bows have inheritable weapons, of which only 3 of the green bows were not seasonal.

Colored daggers were added 18 months ago, and we currently only have 6 red, 3 blue, and 4 green daggers, of which only 4 red, 2 blue, and 4 green daggers have inheritable weapons, all of which were seasonal.

With the rate that units are added to the game, it would take ages before we got any kind of real representation for inheritable colorless tomes, considering that there are very few units in the series that could canonically even get colorless tomes as a weapon type.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

because creating a brand new set of inheritable weapons takes too long to add enough variety for inheritance to matter.

We do not need a large variety of Weapons though.

In terms of representation, all they really need are just Blade, Serpent, and maybe Owl tomes to cover Player Phase and Enemy Phase. That is only two or three units to pump out. No one uses Silver tomes or Silver Weapons. Wolf tomes are really niche and generally just not necessary. Fox tomes gives you Atk+4 and Spd+6, which feels like a downgrade from Blade tomes' massive Atk+24 or Atk+28, so the unit is trading away 20 or 24 points in Atk for 6 points in Spd.

And with the amount of beasts they pushed out in quick succession, they could have just given out regular beast Weapons instead of making every movement classes' basic Weapons different and everyone's 5* Weapons unique. For Player Phase, all they really need are Slaying and Brave Weapons; Barrier (+Res) and Guard (+Def) will round out Enemy Phase; those four Weapons will take only 1 Focus to launch them all out.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

We do not need a large variety of Weapons though.

Sure, but those still have to fit between all of the uninheritable weapons that will inevitably get implemented, and for a "novelty" weapon type with an extremely small number of canonical users, it can still take a long time just to get 2 or 3 inheritable weapons released.

Additionally, it's almost a given that they wouldn't skip the less viable weapons and implement just the more viable weapons first, which would drag out the process even longer.

Feasible? Yes. Realistic? Not at all.

I agree that it's probably something like Ashera's Judgement: magic that isn't a staff or a stone and doesn't technically use a tome. I could see Starlight being in this category, too, though. Maybe some of the SoV spells, too.

oh right, Elphin could be a colorless mage too, since i can't see him using any kind of physical weapon
i guess he could be either green or blue too

I could see them adding a handful of inheritable colorless tomes through seasonal units, say one every six months or so. It'd be nice to have at least some option, and certainly not worse than not having any option at all.

I do not expect them to make non-seasonal inheritable colorless tomes, though.

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

oh right, Elphin could be a colorless mage too, since i can't see him using any kind of physical weapon
i guess he could be either green or blue too

That was my thought when I heard about colorless tomes, I will take Elphin any way I can get him.

I expect that this month's mythic will be colorless tome, but I am not too sure who it will be.  My personal hope would be Sephiran, but I don't see him coming for a while.  My guess would be either enlightened Byleth or Rhea since I am guessing that it is a good chance we will get a THs mythic this month.

Ashera to me is a shoe-in for colourless tome. All about perfect order, colourless has the least amount of variance in battles, etc etc. Sephiram is another option. Fully expecting Legendary Micaiah to have one as well. 

Good chance one of the new brave units, just to give even more reason to pull like they did with Lyn by putting her on a horse. 

Gotoh is an off the wall option: dragon who can no longer transform, known as the White Sage, created the Aura and Starlight tomes. 

Sephiran wouldn't be a tome wielder, he'd be a healer with Ashera Staff. There's nothing that makes more sense for him than that.

As for who would be a colorless tome, I do agree with Ashera and if she ever exists, legendary Micaiah.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sephiran wouldn't be a tome wielder, he'd be a healer with Ashera Staff. There's nothing that makes more sense for him than that.

As for who would be a colorless tome, I do agree with Ashera and if she ever exists, legendary Micaiah.

well tbh Sephiran could be a colorless infantry mage with Cordelia (Creiddylad, i just love to use its italian name), it's just as possible as Staff Sephiran with Ashera Staff

Edited by Yexin

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He literally comes with a tome that is his, and only his. 

He also comes with a staff, that anyone with SS rank can use. 

There is absolutely no contest to which one makes more sense on Sephiran.