Neutral Tome Weapon Type - Who do you see fit?

Yexin

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

He literally comes with a tome that is his, and only his. 

He also comes with a staff, that anyone with SS rank can use. 

There is absolutely no contest to which one makes more sense on Sephiran.

The staff is literally drawn with him in his art. Not the tome. So clearly he's a little more associated with the staff.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I always associated Sephiran more with the staff, personally. I didn't even remember he had a tome until it was mentioned here.

Oh yeah, this too. I forgot he used magic as well, but remembered the staff because of his artwork.

And in case anyone's memories need refreshed as well:

547px-FERD_Sephiran.png

He has a cipher card with the staff as well.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Marbels said:

not enough Athos and Nergal in this thread, js.

expect a colorless version of Forblaze or Aureola, Nergal will ofc have Ereshkigal

Forblaze is about as obviously fire magic as you can get.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He has a cipher card with the staff as well.

Both of his Cipher cards are tome units whether or not he is drawn with a staff.

EDIT:

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The staff is literally drawn with him in his art. Not the tome. So clearly he's a little more associated with the staff.

Neither of Ike's official arts are drawn with Ragnell, so clearly he's a little more associated with Regal Sword and Ettard.

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Neither of Ike's official arts are drawn with Ragnell, so clearly he's a little more associated with Regal Sword and Ettard.

That's not really a fair comparison when Ike is a main protagonist with far more screen time and ways to portray him. He's also still seen more often with Ragnell than those weapons anyway, which is the point I was trying to make, actually. Not simply that whatever weapon the character is drawn with is the most associated.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not simply that whatever weapon the character is drawn with is the most associated.

I'm now sure how you read

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

as anything other than, "He is drawn with a staff; therefore, he is more associated with a staff."

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm now sure how you read

as anything other than, "He is drawn with a staff; therefore, he is more associated with a staff."

And I'm not sure why you're taking that comment so literally. Like I said, my point is that he is seen more with the staff and therefore he is most associated with it.

11 hours ago, Marbels said:

not enough Athos and Nergal in this thread, js.

expect a colorless version of Forblaze or Aureola, Nergal will ofc have Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal belongs in red tomes with the rest of the dark magic, Forblaze belongs in red tomes with the rest of the fire magic including Lilina's version of it, and Aureola belongs on a character that isn't Athos. And most likely as a blue tome with most of the light magic, for that matter.

Not only does Sephiran have a tome in his only guaranteed appearance, he’s one of two playable characters in the series with ranks in light and dark magic. Even if one is willfully ignorant enough to forget he is the penultimate boss who uses a tome against you, that’s not a good argument for why he should not have a tome in his Heroes incarnation.

Edited by Baldrick

Yeah, I have to agree Sephiran is much more likely to get a tome than a staff. Heck, in a first RD playthrough you NEVER see Sephiran with a staff.

Forgetting a detail is not what I mean by willful ignorance, and I am not talking about you. Please stick to arguing about Sephiran’s validity as a colourless tome.

16 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Not only does Sephiran have a tome in his only guaranteed appearance, he’s one of two playable characters in the series with ranks in light and dark magic. Even if one is willfully ignorant enough to forget he is the penultimate boss who uses a tome against you, that’s not a good argument for why he should not have a tome in his Heroes incarnation.

Counterpoint: staff Lucius exists.

Facts like those should mean something, but IS has repeatedly shown that they’ll do whatever the hell they want. They force Travant to settle for a Silver Lance+ to be accurate to source material, then turn around and do something like give pre-time skip Annette Crusher when that combination is literally impossible (without hacking) in Three Houses.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Counterpoint: staff Lucius exists.

Facts like those should mean something, but IS has repeatedly shown that they’ll do whatever the hell they want. They force Travant to settle for a Silver Lance+ to be accurate to source material, then turn around and do something like give pre-time skip Annette Crusher when that combination is literally impossible (without hacking) in Three Houses.

Sephiran wouldn't be given shabby treatment though, because he's not from Jugdral.

The cynical answer would be that colourless tomes would be given to popular or highly sellable units, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. The same happened with other new weapon types.

You know, I wonder if Frey (the dreamland king from book 4) will be given a colorless tome when he shows up as more than just a plot catalyst.

17 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Plot Twist: Frey is the next Mythic.

In all seriousness, it's too early, which makes me a bit sad. I'd really like him to be the next Mythic. Out of all the characters in book 4, he's the one I'm the most curious about.

On 3/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, Mercakete said:

In all seriousness, it's too early, which makes me a bit sad. I'd really like him to be the next Mythic. Out of all the characters in book 4, he's the one I'm the most curious about.

I think he'll most certainly make an appearance sometime, considering he has voiced lines on the FEH website already.

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I think he'll most certainly make an appearance sometime, considering he has voiced lines on the FEH website already.

Yeah. I look forward to it. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 12:07 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I always associated Sephiran more with the staff, personally. I didn't even remember he had a tome until it was mentioned here.

So I'm not the only one who thinks he deserves two units, one named Sephiran (tome) and one named Lehran (staff) just like in game?

On topic, Veld seems one of the obvious ones to me. What with Stone already being the lower levels for colourless tomes (the animations for the lower levels are actually pretty cool, sort of a waste that they're used like that. Lower level weapon skills even existing is pointless).

Also who else thinks it's weird that they called Braimond's tome Void Tome and not Apocalypse? Niime (who bringing it back to the previous discussion kind of is more associated with staves than tomes XD at least in practical gameplay) is like their only option for Apocalypse now unless they pull an Eirika. I suppose there's Cannas too even though he never had any access to Apocalypse. I'd love to see Niime in Heroes, but she doesn't strike me as the kind of character that the Heroes fan base would go mad to buy.

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Also who else thinks it's weird that they called Braimond's tome Void Tome and not Apocalypse?

They probably didn't want to bother actually animating Apocalypse with Heroes's graphics.

You know, the upgrade tree for Bramimond's tome shows Stone to be the basis for it. I don't know why, but it felt right, and made me start thinking of other instances of petrification, sinking ground, and other sorts of earth-style magic. I could see Ashera being a colorless tome user (with Judgement as her prf weapon), and probably some of the more magic-y foes from SoV, as a result.