Julia/Julius/Seliph Holy blood question

MrMinus

Spoiler

Hey, i've been thinking about it and it doesn't really make sense to me that Julius doesn't have Naga holy blood. His mom has it, so he should too i know some enemy characters don't have the correct holy blood due to hardware limitations, so that may be the reason? But Julia is even more confusing.First of all, she should have Loptous blood. As seen when Ayra marries Holyn, all children should have major holy blood if both parents have minor. But Julia doesn't even have minor blood! And also, i don't get where the fala blood has gone either. Afaik, it's not really disclosed if Julia or Julius is the older sibling, i think we can assume it's Julia, because she inherited the major Naga blood. So why does she only have minor Fala blood? The major Fala blood just seems to have vanished after Arvis? Julius doesn't have it either. Then there's Seliph, who also doesn't have Loptous blood, AND only has minor Naga blood, despite being older than Julia. Is there any solution to this, or is it just a mystery? Can there only be 2 types of holy blood on a single person, or am I mistaken that the oldest child always inherits the major blood? I hope one of you knows, because it's kind of a weird plothole. Sorry for the wall of text.

Arvis has Major Fjala Blood and Minor Loptous Blood.

Deirdre has Major Naga Blood and Minor Loptous Blood.

If we are to assume that Major and Minor encompasses the entirety of it, then it goes the case of how Julius and Julia have the chance to inherit Major Fjala, Major Naga, or Major Loptous Blood (since two Minors getting together make a Major), while also having the chance to get Minor Blood of the three as well.

However, the thing is... as Kaga states, there are no actual rules. While the gameplay follows the rules set onto it (Julius, Julia, and Seliph are exceptions as the are predestined pairings), the lore makes it that it is entirely random. Meaning that one can get a Major or a Minor, or none at all, even. 

The Major Fjala went to Saias.

It's true that Kaga said there's no hard-coded rules on the way Holy Blood works; but when looking at what has happened, discounting gameplay, there are still some patterns and the like. Like how Major blood only seems to be passed down once if it's the only one of its kind present.

With the Major Fjala going to Saias, Arvis's union with Dierdre was never going to produce another Major Fjala kid, as she herself doesn't have Fjala blood. In her previous union with Sigurd, it was his Major Baldr that got passed down first, to Seliph; and since they didn't had the chance to have other kids, she could still pass down her own Major Naga. With the ability to pass down both the Major Fjala and Naga already spent, this allowed the Minor Loptyr within both Arvis and Dierdre to finally be able to unite and produce a Major Loptyr kid. BEyond that, it was likely just chance which twin got which Major; and that both inherited Minor Fjala.

As stated, there are no rules. But from looking at the family tree on the main site, no character has more than 2 Holy Bloods, and also nobody has more than one Major. That would explain both Julius not having Naga blood, and only having minor Fala (as well as for Julia and Seliph).

Why it happens to be Major Loptuoso and not Fala for Julius is probably just for plot purposes.

Major/minor inheritance seems to follow gender more than birth order to me, obviously with exceptions. But Holy Blood is more of a soft-science in general than one with hard and fast rules.

Ah okay, that clears things up a bit. I was not aware that one person can't have several major holy bloods. Also forgot about Saias. If the inheritance of holy blood is random, it kind of makes you wonder even more that not a single kind of holy blood has died out over the years.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:49 AM, MrMinus said:

Ah okay, that clears things up a bit. I was not aware that one person can't have several major holy bloods. Also forgot about Saias. If the inheritance of holy blood is random, it kind of makes you wonder even more that not a single kind of holy blood has died out over the years.

Well maybe it can dissapear but come back? Like become even minor than minor so it doesn't affect the person's powers but still existing? That can happen with real life genetics for example but it may not coincide with the game anyways.

It could also just be that nobles are pushed to get married and have children and seeing how incestuous pairings seem to be fine and possible (Ayra x Holyn, Claude x Sylvia iirc, etc) I wouldn't say it's far fetched to claim that at one point the nobles would promote incest to increase the bloodline's power. Seeing how incestuous children somehow live fine while having their best traits inherited maybe Holy blood incest doesn't carry any defects over? Well that's getting into more speculation now.

Big brain wise, it's should all be about basic genetic lottery. Having parents with Minor Loptyr obviously could makes a kid with Major Loptyr, but it's not a certainty.
Obviously, it's made simplier, because imagine how funny and awkward it would be for the bad guys if Yurius and Yuria had Major Naga and Fala ? 😛 

But yeah as said above, gameplay, it's the Major blood that takes priority, then a minor one if lucky/second gen child.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well maybe it can dissapear but come back? Like become even minor than minor so it doesn't affect the person's powers but still existing? That can happen with real life genetics for example but it may not coincide with the game anyways.

It could also just be that nobles are pushed to get married and have children and seeing how incestuous pairings seem to be fine and possible (Ayra x Holyn, Claude x Sylvia iirc, etc) I wouldn't say it's far fetched to claim that at one point the nobles would promote incest to increase the bloodline's power. Seeing how incestuous children somehow live fine while having their best traits inherited maybe Holy blood incest doesn't carry any defects over? Well that's getting into more speculation now.

Apparently, knowingly pairing two people with Minor Holy Blood to produce a kid with Major is considered heretical. It's kind of funny tbh.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it's stated in either FE4/5 that Holy Blood can disappear and reappear from a lineage willy nilly, and be awakened whatever that mean.

46 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Apparently, knowingly pairing two people with Minor Holy Blood to produce a kid with Major is considered heretical.

Well I guess my speculation falls flat there, could you please point me to where this is mentioned though?

19 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well I guess my speculation falls flat there, could you please point me to where this is mentioned though?

Its one of the villages in chapter 4, here is the quote from the old translation found on the SF main site

Villager:
“Only direct descendants inherit the full power of the gods. And they’re the only ones who can handle divine items such as the Sacred Relics. However, if the blood of immediate family members crosses, the blood becomes enriched, and their progeny’ll reap the full power of their god… But that practice is strictly forbidden, and for obvious reasons!”

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its one of the villages in chapter 4, here is the quote from the old translation found on the SF main site

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Villager:
“Only direct descendants inherit the full power of the gods. And they’re the only ones who can handle divine items such as the Sacred Relics. However, if the blood of immediate family members crosses, the blood becomes enriched, and their progeny’ll reap the full power of their god… But that practice is strictly forbidden, and for obvious reasons!”

I see, thanks!

On 3/11/2020 at 5:23 PM, AyraXLex said:
  Hide contents

"Obvious reasons" being the revival of the Lopt Empire 😆

That's why I said it's kind of funny. That's not the incest or pseudo-incest part that is heretical, neither is the engineering, or the morality of it all. Noooope Sir !

Well, at least those guys, they do have their priorities straight, I guess ? 😛

Edited by B.Leu