What Pokemon would each Fire Emblem character be?

So I'm pretty sure there have been threads for this kind of thing before, but I couldn't find any that were current, especially with the new 3H characters being around now. 

Because I'm an unoriginal person who cant think of good original nicknames like I used to, I've decided to combine my two obsessions in pokemon and FE (which both coincidentally have loads and loads of characters) by theming my pokemon nicknames around FE characters. But outside of a handful I can think of, I'm not very good at matching and thinking about good combinations of pokemon and FE characters on my own. And I want to use as many names across the various games as much as possible.

So throw me some suggestions if you have time! With particular emphasis on Gen 1-3 pokemon at the moment if possible, but I'll file away all suggestions for the future (no, this has nothing to do with the fact that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX came out today, whatever gave you that idea? >_>; ). It doesn't have to have a ton of reasoning behind the matchup, just imagine what pokemon this character would transform into if they woke up in a world of pokemon. Or just simply what kind of pokemon they would likely have as a trainer. Have fun! 🙂

Note: I have not played Gen 8/Sword and Shield at all and have no idea what 95% of those new pokemon are or even look like (which is by design to stay unspoiled until I play it) so while I'll take suggestions based on those pokemon it likely wont help me much right now.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum section for this topic; if not, please move it as needed.

Considering that a lot of the lords are tied to the colour Blue and are very honourable and respectful, I'm gonna say that they're better reflected as Lucario.

But because I'm not a better person, you get the pun of Lordcario.

Have fun with that.

Roy would be an Arcanine because of his speed and cause of fire! (Remind me that I called my shiny Aracnine "Roy" on my Pokemon Y xD). Or he would be a lion Pokemon (such as Pyroar).

Three Houses leaders would have a team with at least one animal Pokemon of their house.

Claude would have Xerneas/Sawsbuck/Decidueye (cause of the bow)/Furret/Jolteon/Breloom

Dimitri would have: Solgaleo/Cobalion/Shiny Bisharp/Lucario/Vaporeon/Feraligatr

Edelgard would have: Braviary/Virizion/Yveltal/Bisharp/Charizard/Flareon

Ignatz would have a Smeargle, and Marianne would have a Meowstic (and Psychic Pokemon).

Edited by FireFenrir

• 3 weeks later...