Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Week Five: Who is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

• Dimitri
    • Mercedes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

About This "Series" (I already did Black Eagles- Dorothea won!) : After a long time to digest all the characters, who is your favorite Blue Lions character? It can be based on design, battle capabilities, character arc, etc. Please feel free to comment why you chose the character. To make this fun, I have decided to morph this into a competition. Each week, for about eight weeks, there will be a poll asking what your favorite Blue Lions character is. The character who receives the lowest number of votes will not be on the following week's poll. It will be interesting to see how the votes will change when a character is voted off the poll. Hopefully, the character of your choice makes it to the top! 

Week One Results: Unfortunately, Sylvain has been eliminated! 

Week Two Results: Unfortunately, Dedue and Ingrid have been eliminated! 

Week Three Results: Unfortunately, Annette and Ashe have been eliminated! 

Week Four Results: Unfortunately, Felix has been eliminated!

This week we are eliminating ONE character! 

Edited by Bk1234

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda feel like I know who's gonna win this, but I'm still gonna put my votes towards best Blue Lions girl Mercedes for as long as I can.

EDIT: Actually, later on down the line, or even possibly this week if I need to, I...might actually vote for Ashe.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Dimitri, I don't always agree with his actions, but he is one of the most complex and well-developed characters in this entire game. He is ultimately a great person beneath all of that baggage as well. 

Sylvain deserves much better than this, seriously... He should have way more votes. Not that I thought he'd win, but I didn't think he'd have the least amount of votes either. I thought a lot of people here liked him. Guess that's not true and my taste might suck after all...

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sylvain deserves much better than this, seriously... He should have way more votes. Not that I thought he'd win, but I didn't think he'd have the least amount of votes either. I thought a lot of people here liked him. Guess that's not true and my taste might suck after all...

I think people do like him, but it's not their favorite

1 minute ago, darkblade2814 said:

I think people do like him, but it's not their favorite

And that means they don't like him much as far as I can see.

I'm disappointed to see Mercedes have so many votes too. Imo, she's the most boring character in the group and just a generic kind girl. The only time I liked her was in her supports with Sylvain and that was more because of Sylvain, obviously.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He was actually my second choice after Dimitri, Sylvain do have very interesting reasons for being the way he is. It is just hard to compete with house leaders, given that we get so much more development than most characters. 

6 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

He was actually my second choice after Dimitri, Sylvain do have very interesting reasons for being the way he is. It is just hard to compete with house leaders, given that we get so much more development than most characters. 

Dimtiri's not even winning either though? Somehow, Mercedes is, and two other characters have more votes than him too.

I can't blame people for voting Ashe though, he is pretty great. I think Dimitri's okay, but he's not a top favorite.

Edited by Anacybele

Just because people aren't picking him as their "Favorite" doesn't mean he isn't liked Ana. It just means that they have a preference for someone else in the house. Personally, I like all the Blue Lions and, barring like one case, they remain my favorite characters in the game. I just happen to prefer Dimitri to Sylvain. Also people are more than allowed to like Mercedes. She's an interesting character, who chooses to keep a kind demeanor despite all the crap she's been through in her life, but who has a resolve of steel when it comes to matters that mean something to her. She's also one of the few characters that basically everyone feels bad about killing in other routes (the other being Marianne).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Dimtiri's not even winning either though? Somehow, Mercedes is, and two other characters have more votes than him too.

I can't blame people for voting Ashe though, he is pretty great. I think Dimitri's okay, but he's not a top favorite.

Well, I am kind of a Edelgard fanatic, so any character associated with her gets a lot of bonus points from my point of view. 

Mercedes is a unit I nearly always recruit, but this isn't because of her personality, this is because she's incredibly useful. She is a nice girl, but she's just sort of okay in my opinion. 

Sylvain is essentially a free unit with female Byleth, so he can easily show up in any house, which is hilarious. Crests is also kind of screwed over his life, so he is another one of those characters who really should be joining Edelgard. Same for Ashe for that matter, the church killed his adoptive father and adoptive brother, how much more reason do you need? 

In fact, half the cast of this game should have been fighting for the other side. Given how badly the current system screwed them over. Feel kind of and for Sylvain and his brother.

8 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Well, I am kind of a Edelgard fanatic, so any character associated with her gets a lot of bonus points from my point of view. 

Mercedes is a unit I nearly always recruit, but this isn't because of her personality, this is because she's incredibly useful. She is a nice girl, but she's just sort of okay in my opinion. 

Sylvain is essentially a free unit with female Byleth, so he can easily show up in any house, which is hilarious. Crests is also kind of screwed over his life, so he is another one of those characters who really should be joining Edelgard. Same for Ashe for that matter, the church killed his adoptive father and adoptive brother, how much more reason do you need? 

In fact, half the cast of this game should have been fighting for the other side. Given how badly the current system screwed them over. Feel kind of and for Sylvain and his brother.

Well, maybe this is all true, but perhaps they also don't think what Edelgard is doing is the answer to their problems either. I definitely can't see Ashe being okay with deciding to declare war. All I can say.

Edited by Anacybele

Huh, I didn't realize you continued the BE one and did one for every week. That's kind of cool. I would've given El my vote if I knew, oh well that's on me.

----

As for the Blue Lions, my favorite Blue Lions units and favorite male 3H character is without a doubt Felix. Just like him I also dislike the typical "die for honor" knight code and I found his character really satisfying because of that.

Honestly, I don't get why people like Felix either. He's a jerk and hates on knights. I dislike him for that because of his attitude and because I think knights are cool. He's an ass imo. Actually, I kind of think he's a worse character than Mercedes. Mercedes at least is nice and pretty, even if she is generic.

I like everyone else in the BL to some degree though. Just not a fan of Felix at all and I'm meh on Mercedes.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Honestly, I don't get why people like Felix either. He's a jerk and hates on knights. I dislike him for that because of his attitude and because I think knights are cool. He's an ass imo. Actually, I kind of think he's a worse character than Mercedes. Mercedes at least is nice and pretty, even if she is generic.

Well, going to some generics, he's a male tsundere in one case, though that's not why I like him. Other case is that he's right to call out the BS of knights. Look at how toxic the knight culture is. Gilbert abandoned his family cause he "failed to protect his king." Faerghus committed genocide on Duscur. 

And Rodrigue glorifies his son's death, showing no real form of grief or sadness really over his death, but rather says that had his son abandoned the king, he'd have disowned him. It's like, learn to separate being a knight and being a father. Take note of your fav character, Frederick. He tells Gerome in Future Past 3 that while he praises Gerome's selfless act of sacrifice as a knight, he hates it as a father. 

Felix is the only one not blind or unwilling to call it like he sees it, which is great. 

But at the same time, he's also a tragic character outside of Blue Lions, where he isn't able to deal with the guilt of not doing anything to stop or save Dimitri in VW/SS, or struggling with actually having to go through with taking Dimitri down, whom Felix admits is his best friend. His character arc is just well written that we understand the effects he's going through. 

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, going to some generics, he's a male tsundere in one case, though that's not why I like him. Other case is that he's right to call out the BS of knights. Look at how toxic the knight culture is. Gilbert abandoned his family cause he "failed to protect his king." Faerghus committed genocide on Duscur. 

And Rodrigue glorifies his son's death, showing no real form of grief or sadness really over his death, but rather says that had his son abandoned the king, he'd have disowned him. It's like, learn to separate being a knight and being a father. Take note of your fav character, Frederick. He tells Gerome in Future Past 3 that while he praises Gerome's selfless act of sacrifice as a knight, he hates it as a father. 

Felix is the only one not blind or unwilling to call it like he sees it, which is great. 

But at the same time, he's also a tragic character outside of Blue Lions, where he isn't able to deal with the guilt of not doing anything to stop or save Dimitri in VW/SS, or struggling with actually having to go through with taking Dimitri down, whom Felix admits is his best friend. His character arc is just well written that we understand the effects he's going through. 

So just because Gilbert and Rodrigue made bad choices, all knights are bad. Right.

Just no. Felix is hating on all knights because of the mistakes of only two of them. And he's mean to everyone for no reason. I was especially disgusted with how he treated Mercedes and Dedue. Like okay, even if he doesn't agree with something they're doing, that doesn't give him the right to just lash out at them. Mercedes was just trying to be kind to him too!

Felix is a terribly written character with few if any redeeming qualities. I can't believe anyone likes him.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

100% this. You put it better than could have.

---

Personally, I also want to add that Felix is also a big favorite of mine because I've played almost every FE game and I really really don't like the 95% of the Camus archetype and when Felix confronts someone lik Dedue about how far he would be willing to go for Dimitri I felt like I really connected with the guy.

Edited by Strullemia