Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Week Five: Who is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

• Dimitri
    • Mercedes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So just because Gilbert and Rodrigue made bad choices, all knights are bad. Right.

Just no. Felix is hating on all knights because of the mistakes of only two of them. And he's mean to everyone for no reason. I was especially disgusted with how he treated Mercedes and Dedue. Like okay, even if he doesn't agree with something they're doing, that doesn't give him the right to just lash out at them. Mercedes was just trying to be kind to him too!

Felix is a terribly written character with few if any redeeming qualities. I can't believe anyone likes him.

I actually liked Felix, I think he's totally right about Dimitri. At least kind of. It is pretty undeniable that the Knights of Faerghus are guilty of some pretty heinous acts, like the genocide in Duscur. 

Is it weird that I kind of like Ingrid? I am a sucker for female knights. Or girls wearing heavy armour in general. There are a lot of characters in this game I like, but there can only be one choice for the vote. 

I don't think there is any character in this entire game I actually like killing, except for Thales, Kronya, Solon and Cornelia, screw those people.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So just because Gilbert and Rodrigue made bad choices, all knights are bad. Right.

Just no. Felix is hating on all knights because of the mistakes of only two of them. And he's mean to everyone for no reason. I was especially disgusted with how he treated Mercedes and Dedue. Like okay, even if he doesn't agree with something they're doing, that doesn't give him the right to just lash out at them. Mercedes was just trying to be kind to him too!

... They are the only official knights of Faerghus that we meet in the game. What other examples do you have exactly that disproves what I said? Rodrigue and Gilbert are the characters that basically is a representation of Faerghus's culture that kind of is meant to represent the state of things. 

The fact that we, the players, never see any actual knights that ever disprove anything about what Felix really says, all we learn is that Felix is perfectly right to call them out and hate the culture. Why shouldn't he hate the culture? His brother died cause of said culture and he had to experience his father glorifying and celebrating the death rather than grieve. Like, WTF? That's horrible. It's messed up. Felix was only 13 when Glenn died. 

And I should also remind you that Faerghus committed genocide on Duscur. There's something horribly wrong with Faerghus if the knights actually go and commit such a horrid thing. And NOT feel guilty about it.

As for your argument about how he treats Dedue and Mercedes, I feel you;re sort of ignoring the context of each conversation and seeing only Felix being a dick.

Dedue literally admitted that he'd do anything Dimitri tells him to, even if it includes killing kids, women, elderly. That's messed up beyond belief. Dedue admitting that he considers himself nothing but a weapon for Dimitri to use is something that I would never get by. So no, Felix has every right to be disgusted by Dedue. 

As for Mercedes, well, partially I'm with you, but Felix is right to call her out for trying to project her brother onto him, who has his own issues with his brother. No one likes having someone project another person onto them. Not to mention he's immediately nicer to her in the B support, even being okay with her seeing him as her brother. 

1 minute ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I actually liked Felix, I think he's totally right about Dimitri. At least kind of. It is pretty undeniable that the Knights of Faerghus are guilty of some pretty heinous acts, like the genocide in Duscur. 

Is it weird that I kind of like Ingrid? I am a sucker for female knights. Or girls wearing heavy armour in general. There are a lot of characters in this game I like, but there can only be one choice for the vote. 

I don't think there is any character in this entire game I actually like killing, except for Thales, Kronya, Solon and Cornelia, screw those people.

The Slithers were behind that incident from what I remember. Not the knights. And I didn't say Felix was wrong about anything. I just don't like his attitude on the matter at all. He's taking out his hatred and anger on everyone when he doesn't need to.

Sylvain is a jerk to women, but at least he still has his kindness moments and stops that behavior (he's also got a lot of amusing moments and a much better design).

The Slithers were behind that incident from what I remember. Not the knights.

They were behind the death of Lambert. But they were not behind Faerghus going on to Duscur to commit genocide. That's purely on Faerghus itself. The fact that they feel no remorse makes it worse when you see the paralogue.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

... They are the only official knights of Faerghus that we meet in the game. What other examples do you have exactly that disproves what I said? Rodrigue and Gilbert are the characters that basically is a representation of Faerghus's culture that kind of is meant to represent the state of things. 

The fact that we, the players, never see any actual knights that ever disprove anything about what Felix really says, all we learn is that Felix is perfectly right to call them out and hate the culture. Why shouldn't he hate the culture? His brother died cause of said culture and he had to experience his father glorifying and celebrating the death rather than grieve. Like, WTF? That's horrible. It's messed up. Felix was only 13 when Glenn died. 

And I should also remind you that Faerghus committed genocide on Duscur. There's something horribly wrong with Faerghus if the knights actually go and commit such a horrid thing. And NOT feel guilty about it.

As for your argument about how he treats Dedue and Mercedes, I feel you;re sort of ignoring the context of each conversation and seeing only Felix being a dick.

Dedue literally admitted that he'd do anything Dimitri tells him to, even if it includes killing kids, women, elderly. That's messed up beyond belief. Dedue admitting that he considers himself nothing but a weapon for Dimitri to use is something that I would never get by. So no, Felix has every right to be disgusted by Dedue. 

As for Mercedes, well, partially I'm with you, but Felix is right to call her out for trying to project her brother onto him, who has his own issues with his brother. No one likes having someone project another person onto them. Not to mention he's immediately nicer to her in the B support, even being okay with her seeing him as her brother. 

But they're not the only knights that exist, obviously.

And like I said, I never said Felix's views were wrong. I never said he can't call people out on their BS. I'm saying he's too much of a jerk to people he doesn't need to act like that towards. If his beef is with his dad or Gilbert or whoever, then he can keep his attitude targeted towards them. He had no reason to be such an ass to anyone else.

I'm not condoning Dedue being willing to kill kids and all if Dimitri wanted him to. But you do remember that Dimitri saved his life, don't you? It's like how Ike saved Soren's life in the Tellius saga. Soren would definitely kill anyone for Ike too. And yet people love him. Even if I don't agree with everything Dedue would be willing to do for Dimitri, I can see why he's so dedicated to him.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Slithers were behind that incident from what I remember. Not the knights. And I didn't say Felix was wrong about anything. I just don't like his attitude on the matter at all. He's taking out his hatred and anger on everyone when he doesn't need to.

Sylvain is a jerk to women, but at least he still has his kindness moments and stops that behavior (he's also got a lot of amusing moments and a much better design).

To my understanding the slitherers might have been behind the death of King Lambert, but the Knights of Faerghus didn't need to react in the way they did. So I think that is still totally on them. I don't even care if the people of Duscur were guilty, this act is still unjustifiable. But the entire current generation present in the blue Lions also didn't participate in this genocide, so they don't have any guilt in this occurrence, even if some people like Dimitri still feels guilty.

Also, I never said I liked Felix better than Sylvain, I don't. By the way, I kind of wish there was a support between Sylvain and Edelgard just because I would love to see what would happen if he would try his "do you want to have my crest babies" line on Edelgard. It is probably the most tone deaf thing you could possibly say to her. Granted Sylvain actually hates people only wanting him for his crest, so maybe they would actually get along well.

On the topic of people willing to do literally anything for someone else, this also applies to Hubert. And he doesn't even need permission from Edelgard most of the time, he would just deal with any threat whenever his mistress wants him to or not. Dedue is cut from a similar cloth, but I think he would only do so on Dimitri's orders. 

But they're not the only knights that exist, obviously.

And like I said, I never said Felix's views were wrong. I never said he can't call people out on their BS. I'm saying he's too much of a jerk to people he doesn't need to act like that towards. If his beef is with his dad or Gilbert or whoever, then he can keep his attitude targeted towards them. He had no reason to be such an ass to anyone else.

I'm not condoning Dedue being willing to kill kids and all if Dimitri wanted him to. But you do remember that Dimitri saved his life, don't you? It's like how Ike saved Soren's life in the Tellius saga. Soren would definitely kill anyone for Ike too. And yet people love him. Even if I don't agree with everything Dedue would be willing to do for Dimitri, I can see why he's so dedicated to him.

Again, all I see if you ocusing on Felix being a dick, while ignoring the context. You act like he goes to everyone and calls them shit, when no, he doesn't. More often than not, he's curt, but not outright rude unless something the other person says provokes him into saying something in response. I mean, how many supports of Felix have you actually seen? 

I should ask you this about Soren. When exactly was he liked? From the beginning? From what I recall, quite a lot of people hated Soren for how much of a racist prick he was that literally picked a fight with laguz after they saved the Greil Mercenaries that Ike had to take a blow. Yeah, Soren was revealed to be a tragic character, but Soren actually grows and develops, even more thanks to Radiant Dawn. 

Dedue... hardly develops. Hell, the guy gets Kaze'd. And nothing about what you said changes that Felix has every right to be utterly disgusted by what Dedue said. Doesn't matter if Dimitri saved his life. A messed up declaration is still messed up.

On the topic of people willing to do literally anything for someone else, this also applies to Hubert. And he doesn't even need permission from Edelgard most of the time, he would just deal with any threat whenever his mistress wants him to or not. Dedue is cut from a similar cloth, but I think he would only do so on Dimitri's orders. 

While similar, the thing is that Hubert still acts of his own will. The fact that he acts on his own judgment and would do things to help Edelgard even if it means dirtying his hands, compared to Dedue, who doesn't even really express his own will so much, makes me unable to appreciate him as I do Hubert. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Again, all I see if you ocusing on Felix being a dick, while ignoring the context. You act like he goes to everyone and calls them shit, when no, he doesn't. More often than not, he's curt, but not outright rude unless something the other person says provokes him into saying something in response. I mean, how many supports of Felix have you actually seen? 

I should ask you this about Soren. When exactly was he liked? From the beginning? From what I recall, quite a lot of people hated Soren for how much of a racist prick he was that literally picked a fight with laguz after they saved the Greil Mercenaries that Ike had to take a blow. Yeah, Soren was revealed to be a tragic character, but Soren actually grows and develops, even more thanks to Radiant Dawn. 

Dedue... hardly develops. Hell, the guy gets Kaze'd. And nothing about what you said changes that Felix has every right to be utterly disgusted by what Dedue said. Doesn't matter if Dimitri saved his life. A messed up declaration is still messed up.

While similar, the thing is that Hubert still acts of his own will. The fact that he acts on his own judgment and would do things to help Edelgard even if it means dirtying his hands, compared to Dedue, who doesn't even really express his own will so much, makes me unable to appreciate him as I do Hubert. 

Dedue 

Should probably think for himself more, he should be his person and I think even Dimitri agrees.

While Hubert can be useful, I am just kind of worried that sometimes is overly harsh independent actions reflect poorly on Edelgard, especially when killing people the Emperor specifically ordered to be shown mercy. Which he has done. If you wasn't as useful to the Empire as he is and completely instrumental to the destruction of the slitherers. I would argue that he should face trial for murder and insubordination. It would be preferable if he only killed when directly ordered to. But I guess it depends on whenever his judgement is usually sound about which people needs to die to protect the emperor. If his actions saved Edelgard's life, even if he was acting against orders, I guess I could overlook that insubordination.

17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, Dedue survives if you complete his paralogue. And you apparently missed where I said I don't condone Dedue's decisions on what he'd be willing to do for Dimitri. I don't think Dedue is the best written character either. I just don't believe Felix had any reason to be such a dick to him, whether he disagrees with what he does or not.

I've gotten a lot of Felix's supports, actually. And I didn't really like any of them because he's such a one-note jerk.

8 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Dedue 

Should probably think for himself more, he should be his person and I think even Dimitri agrees.

Agreed. It's REALLY annoys me how I feel Dedue is the worst of the Blue Lions when he had the most potential. 

8 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

While Hubert can be useful, I am just kind of worried that sometimes is overly harsh independent actions reflect poorly on Edelgard, especially when killing people the Emperor specifically ordered to be shown mercy. Which he has done. If you wasn't as useful to the Empire as he is and completely instrumental to the destruction of the slitherers. I would argue that he should face trial for murder and insubordination. It would be preferable if he only killed when directly ordered to. But I guess it depends on whenever his judgement is usually sound about which people needs to die to protect the emperor. If his actions saved Edelgard's life, even if he was acting against orders, I guess I could overlook that insubordination.

It's also why I like the dynamic he has with Ferdinand, with how he likes to confront Edelgard head on, while Hubert is willing to go behind her back if he feels she made an error in judgment. Also, I wouldn't put past Hubert to be right about what he says. I mean, this is the guy that actually seem to have a hunch that Byleth has another entity within him, or rather, be something like Arundel/Thales, where there're two sides of Byleth. Can't really deny that his deductive reasoning, and his ability to do research, is incredible. 

Actually, Dedue survives if you complete his paralogue. And you apparently missed where I said I don't condone Dedue's decisions on what he'd be willing to do for Dimitri. I don't think Dedue is the best written character either. I just don't believe Felix had any reason to be such a dick to him, whether he disagrees with what he does or not.

I've gotten a lot of Felix's supports, actually. And I didn't really like any of them because he's such a one-note jerk.

Like I said, Kaze'd. Like how you gotta get Kaze's A support, you gotta do Dedue's Paralogue. 

And no, I didn't. I think you're once again ignoring what I said. That you focus on one thing but ignore the context. Felix ISN'T a one note jerk, but you're trying to insist that that's all he is, not paying attention to how he's reacting to what characters say or act. 

Felix has every right to be disgusted by Dedue's words. I certainly am. The guy suffered a massacre and thus he would commit massacre if the guy that saved him would give the order to. Like, really? No. 

Either way, it seems clear that we're not gonna get anywhere since you refuse to actually focus on anything beyond what you want to see on Felix.

Edited by omegaxis1

I don't dislike Sylvain at all, he's just not my absolute favorite BL character, that's all. I really like all the Blue Lions, they're all pretty interesting in their own way, if you ask me. I would consider switching my vote to him, but I'm too worried about the other couple characters I like a bit more.

Dimitri > Ashe > Mercedes/Sylvain > Felix > Annette > Ingrid/Dedue

I didn't vote for Dimitri because, well, he's the main BL and I know he isn't in danger quite yet. I put my vote to Mercedes because I really didn't expect her to have so many! Color me pleasantly surprised.

I personally think Ashe and Mercedes get too much "generic nice guy/girl" judgment. They're both much deeper than that. They've really seen some crap and been mistreated pretty harshly in their lives, yet they make the conscious decision to be kind individuals where so many others would just slip into jerkville. I like 'em.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Like I said, Kaze'd. Like how you gotta get Kaze's A support, you gotta do Dedue's Paralogue. 

And no, I didn't. I think you're once again ignoring what I said. That you focus on one thing but ignore the context. Felix ISN'T a one note jerk, but you're trying to insist that that's all he is, not paying attention to how he's reacting to what characters say or act. 

Felix has every right to be disgusted by Dedue's words. I certainly am. The guy suffered a massacre and thus he would commit massacre if the guy that saved him would give the order to. Like, really? No. 

Either way, it seems clear that we're not gonna get anywhere since you refuse to actually focus on anything beyond what you want to see on Felix.

And you're clearly not going to understand why or accept that I think Felix is one of the worst characters in the game. Agree to disagree.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Agreed. It's REALLY annoys me how I feel Dedue is the worst of the Blue Lions when he had the most potential. 

It's also why I like the dynamic he has with Ferdinand, with how he likes to confront Edelgard head on, while Hubert is willing to go behind her back if he feels she made an error in judgment. Also, I wouldn't put past Hubert to be right about what he says. I mean, this is the guy that actually seem to have a hunch that Byleth has another entity within him, or rather, be something like Arundel/Thales, where there're two sides of Byleth. Can't really deny that his deductive reasoning, and his ability to do research, is incredible. 

Regardless of how much I often hate what his plans entail, I do often find it difficult to argue with Hubert's logic. He has a tendency to suggest plans that I wished wasn't necessary, but they often are. But I do think it is a better approach to confront Edelgard directly . When you feel she's meeting a mistake. She needs people like that around her, if I thought one of her plans was stupid, I would tell her exactly that and hope I could change her mind. I think Edelgard do appreciate having advisors who aren't just yes men who can actually point out the flaws in her reasoning. Hubert could be that if he was willing to be more direct in his objections. Edelgard has demonstrated to be perfectly fine with people arguing against her and is even thankful for a different perspective.

Dedue, however, is the perfect definition of a yes-man who would never question their ruler in anything. I guess Felix is the questioning guy in the blue lions. Do anyone else actually question Dimitri?

I am quite sure that Dimitri never asked Dedue to turn into a demonic beast. It's not like he can't act on his own volition. 

Also, i think Felix is 100% wrong on Glen. Dying to protect the king is the fucking point of being a royal guard, he died doing what he must, and most likely never had a choice about it(as in, he had no chance to escape or surrender). Whould Felix be happier if Glen runned away and was hanged for desertion? Even for Rodrigue, everyone react differently to grief, i can't blame him for trying to find solace in the fact that his son died heroically doing his duty or for trying to be strong and not be seen by his other son murning. It was not what Felix wanted, but comunication between parents and children is always difficult. 

1 minute ago, Flere210 said:

Also, i think Felix is 100% wrong on Glen. Dying to protect the king is the fucking point of being a royal guard, he died doing what he must, and most likely never had a choice about it(as in, he had no chance to escape or surrender). Whould Felix be happier if Glen runned away and was hanged for desertion? Even for Rodrigue, everyone react differently to grief, i can't blame him for trying to find solace in the fact that his son died heroically doing his duty or for trying to be strong and not be seen by his other son murning. It was not what Felix wanted, but comunication between parents and children is always difficult. 

I agree with this too. I do think Rodrigue should've exhibited a little more grief than he did over his son dying, but I don't think he's completely wrong to feel that Glenn died an honorable death either. He died trying to protect his liege. That's the duty of a knight, to pledge his life to whomever he/she is serving.

Just now, Flere210 said:

I am quite sure that Dimitri never asked Dedue to turn into a demonic beast. It's not like he can't act on his own volition. 

He’s not mad at Glenn. He’s mad at his father for saying ‘ he died like a true knight’. Thus his dislike of chivalry.

Regardless of how much I often hate what his plans entail, I do often find it difficult to argue with Hubert's logic. He has a tendency to suggest plans that I wished wasn't necessary, but they often are. But I do think it is a better approach to confront Edelgard directly . When you feel she's meeting a mistake. She needs people like that around her, if I thought one of her plans was stupid, I would tell her exactly that and hope I could change her mind. I think Edelgard do appreciate having advisors who aren't just yes men who can actually point out the flaws in her reasoning. Hubert could be that if he was willing to be more direct in his objections. Edelgard has demonstrated to be perfectly fine with people arguing against her and is even thankful for a different perspective.

Dedue, however, is the perfect definition of a yes-man who would never question their ruler in anything. I guess Felix is the questioning guy in the blue lions. Do anyone else actually question Dimitri?

Yet at the same time, what Hubert does is something that would also be considered to reflect badly on Edelgard if she knew or actively did it at times. Hubert is how spies/assassins work. They do some things that are morally wrong or bad, but serve a greater purpose, but if they get caught, they are at a job where they will be abandoned and cut ties with so no link back. 

3 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

The one and only route he does something behind Dimitri's back, and also the route where Dimitri does some actions that resemble Edelgard ironically. Accepting horrible things like Crest Beasts being used when they happen simply cause it's "too late." Working together with someone and planning to use them for their own purpose, following the "Enemy of my enemy" principle like Edelgard does with the Agarthans, even when it causes problems for them. 

5 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Yeah, uh... he's not pissed off at Glenn, but his father. He hates how his father glorifies Glenn's death. His father never indicated to have ever grieved for his son's death. It's the inability to really see him separate emotions of a knight or as a father that makes me unable to really care for Rodrigue. Hence why his death in Blue Lions didn't affect me, so I really did not feel much in Dimitri's redemption from that. 

1 minute ago, Flere210 said:

Good point, that is showing initiative. Same problem as Hubert however, he didn't inform Dimitri about what he was doing and argued his point about its necessity. Actions like this could reflect poorly on their ruler so they could easily get the blame for a subordinates action. Which is why you should always run the plan by your ruler, because they are likely to get blamed for it. 

I can totally see this perspective about Felix brother, I can't argue with it not being his duty to protect his king, I think mostly that Felix is just hurt because he misses his brother and wishes he were alive. He thinks that his brother might have still been alive. If it wasn't for his overwhelming sense of duty. I can see the valour of dying for your king however. At least if that sacrifice was because of true loyalty. But someone who cared deeply about the person doing the sacrifice might feel differently. I feel this way with Edelgard, while I admire her willingness to die for the greater good, I would still miss her and wish she were still alive, blaming her stubborn pride for her death. Emotions surrounding this type of thing can be quite complicated and often self-contradictory

Faerghus does seem to be a pretty terrible place. It takes its crest obsession much further than the other nations and aside from the crest discrimination they also have racial discrimination that eventually leads to genocide. 

Its knight culture is also pretty toxic with even the more benevolent characters that adhere to it having their priorities way out of wack. Gilbert and Rodrigue definitely have their hearts in the right place but they place their misguided beliefs about knighthood over their own children and subjects. Rodrigue's approach to Glen has already been mentioned but he also seems to think a dead king liking a certain village is much more important than the villagers being his subjects and protecting them being his official duty. And those are the good nobles, the rest either abuse their children for Crest related reasons or roll out the red carpet when the Kingdom gets invaded. 

Honestly, I don't get why people like Felix either. He's a jerk and hates on knights. I dislike him for that because of his attitude and because I think knights are cool. He's an ass imo. Actually, I kind of think he's a worse character than Mercedes.

Felix is definitely an asshole but he's also the rare jerk who's almost always has a point. There have been many abrasive characters in Fire Emblem but they tend to be unreasonable. Takumi often lashes out more due to personal issues rather than fair reasonings, Lysithea bullies Ignatz for no real reason while Ophelia bullies Siegbert just because his status intrudes on her fantasies, Shinon is just an irredeemable scumgag and Hana apparently thinks Corrin is a monster because he was kidnapped and forced to have Garon be part of his life. 

So its actually somewhat refreshing when a jerk actually has a point. Dimitri really is crazy, his dad really has his priorities twisted and Mercedes unintentionally does patronize him with the big sister act. In a way Felix is mostly very harsh but also somewhat fair. Annette doesn't do anything to deserve his tongue lashing so she doesn't get one while Ashe gets firm but ultimately well meaning advice.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Faerghus does seem to be a pretty terrible place. It takes its crest obsession much further than the other nations and aside from the crest discrimination they also have racial discrimination that eventually leads to genocide. 

Its knight culture is also pretty toxic with even the more benevolent characters that adhere to it having their priorities way out of wack. Gilbert and Rodrigue definitely have their hearts in the right place but they place their misguided beliefs about knighthood over their own children and subjects. Rodrigue's approach to Glen has already been mentioned but he also seems to think a dead king liking a certain village is much more important than the villagers being his subjects and protecting them being his official duty. And those are the good nobles, the rest either abuse their children for Crest related reasons or roll out the red carpet when the Kingdom gets invaded. 

Or conspire to kill their king.

20 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, uh... he's not pissed off at Glenn, but his father. He hates how his father glorifies Glenn's death. His father never indicated to have ever grieved for his son's death. It's the inability to really see him separate emotions of a knight or as a father that makes me unable to really care for Rodrigue. Hence why his death in Blue Lions didn't affect me, so I really did not feel much in Dimitri's redemption from that. 

I just don't think that Rodrigue did anything really wrong either. He knew that Dimitri and Felix were going trough hell and so he tried to put on a stoic facade because he tought it would help. I don't think that he did not murn, just that he only did when he was not seen. Is a common think for fathers to think that their role is to keep their cool even in the worst times.

I don't even blame the code for Gilbert. He has a massive case of survivor guilt and i feel that his own issues stem more from that than on some perceived "Honor". Changing your name and leaving your family are as unchivalrich as it can get, and yet he did it.

I would be more inclined to criticize Farghus chivalry if more people followed it. Changing side more often than meme italians like 90% of Farghus nobles do is nit chivalric in the slightest and i think that for all it's flaws Farghus would be a much better place if more people were actually following the chivalric code. 

2 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

I just don't think that Rodrigue did anything really wrong either. He knew that Dimitri and Felix were going trough hell and so he tried to put on a stoic facade because he tought it would help. I don't think that he did not murn, just that he only did when he was not seen. Is a common think for fathers to think that their role is to keep their cool even in the worst times.

I don't even blame the code for Gilbert. He has a massive case of survivor guilt and i feel that his own issues stem more from that than on some perceived "Honor". Changing your name and leaving your family are as unchivalrich as it can get, and yet he did it.

I would be more inclined to criticize Farghus chivalry if more people followed it. Changing side more often than meme italians like 90% of Farghus nobles do is nit chivalric in the slightest and i think that for all it's flaws Farghus would be a much better place if more people were actually following the chivalric code. 

Saying they have their reasons doesn't make it any better. Is they are meant to be the best of Faerghus has to represent, and they are still not doing a great job, which only makes the others even worse as a result.

Look at how Rodrigue was acting in the paralogue with Felix as @Etrurian emperor said. Rodrigue showed more concern for failing his dead king in protecting the village, rather than actual concern for the lives of the villagers, which Felix calls him out on.

Also, no. More people DO follow this chivalric code. It's the case of how people are born and raised to become knights and follow said code. 

But this code is so toxic that they committed genocide. I even question if Rodrigue took part in it.

I didn't see Dorothea won the BE poll, nice! While I votes for Edelgard, I love Dorothea just as much. One of my favourite characters in the whole series tbh.

I'm currently in my first BL run, but I'd recruited several of them in previous playthroughs. They're probably the group I'm least attached to, but I voted for Felix because thinking about his whole backstory and character growth, and especially how different it can be depending on who's side he's fighting on, he's really wonderfully written. Basically, @omegaxis1 nailed it in their post.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

I'm currently in my first BL run, but I'd recruited several of them in previous playthroughs. They're probably the group I'm least attached to, but I voted for Felix because thinking about his whole backstory and character growth, and especially how different it can be depending on who's side he's fighting on, he's really wonderfully written. Basically, @omegaxis1 nailed it in their post.

You know, the thing I noticed about the Blue Lions is that they are more defined by their past relationship. Except for Ashe, the rest are connected in some way with one another. 

Dimitri, Sylvain, Felix, and Ingrid are childhood friends, while Dedue is Dimitri's servant. 

Mercedes and Annette are best friends.

Ashe is literally the only odd man out. But while I like there being past relationships, I do feel like there's too much focus on the past that detracts me from it at times.